Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,444 members, 7,816,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:46 PM

Norton Buys Avast For Over $8 Billion - Computers (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Norton Buys Avast For Over $8 Billion (13274 Views)

Who Is Using Avast Secureline VPN ? (share Your Experience) / Urgent!!!!!!! Avast Antiviruse Activation Code Or Licence File / Urgent!!!!!!! Avast Antiviruse Activation Code Or Licence File (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Norton Buys Avast For Over $8 Billion by Nobody: 1:37pm On Aug 11, 2021
RealMarv:
It's funny how lots of people always rush to comment without having anything tangible to contribute. Some have never heard of Norton here in this thread.
it's you that's thinking that way miss ITK
Re: Norton Buys Avast For Over $8 Billion by Ultimus: 1:40pm On Aug 11, 2021
Love Avast to bits. Still use them till date. Those days when I install it afresh on a PC, a female voice goes "Welcome to Avast!". It was so reassuring.
Re: Norton Buys Avast For Over $8 Billion by TOPCRUISE(m): 1:42pm On Aug 11, 2021
Avast is no more free embarassed
Re: Norton Buys Avast For Over $8 Billion by Jafaar: 1:43pm On Aug 11, 2021
SultanOfPuna:
Between the white man and black man
Who is more religious?
The black man

If the black man is more religious
Yet has NOTHING to offer the world.
No technology
No invention
No Science

The only way Africans will be liberated is when they break free from the chains of religion.

This new generation of Nigerians are rebels. They are the ones that will dedtory Christianity.
In 20 years to come, Christianity will decrease drastically in Nigeria.
It's only our parents generation that took church to their head.
They will all die out and be replaced by a new generation that is fully aware of the evils of organised religion.
I love the new generation of youths
They are rebelling against their parents old ways of thinking.
Parents that are still stuck in 1970's
see this one it will shock you,so you think Christian's don't have billonaires ,do you know it is hard for Forbes to estimate your wealth if you own a private company,most of these guys on Forbes list own public companies.
have you hear of Dr cosmos maduka from anambra,he goes on 3 days dry fasting regularly as if he's mad,check his networth online
have you heard of John d Rockefeller,a Christian to the core the first United State billonaire.if he was alive he would be worth 500 billion dollars, a heavy tither .if he makes 50 billion dollars he will give 5 billion dollars to the church.
I don't blame you if you like follow Jeff bezos,he can be the richest but without Christ he will burn in hell.within the next 20 years the billonaire Christian's from Nigeria will shock you

2 Likes

Re: Norton Buys Avast For Over $8 Billion by Godbless3(m): 2:09pm On Aug 11, 2021
LaserWr:
Tech is the blood money after politics cool

You're wrong. Politics is only blood money in Nigeria (africa).

1 Like

Re: Norton Buys Avast For Over $8 Billion by Ray07(m): 2:13pm On Aug 11, 2021
gurunlocker:
Lol.... When I thought Avast is bigger grin
avast, that useless antivirus cheesy
Re: Norton Buys Avast For Over $8 Billion by seyz91(m): 2:15pm On Aug 11, 2021
Confirm!
SultanOfPuna:
Who is more religious?
The black man

No technology
No invention
No Science

The only way Africans will be liberated is when they break free from the chains of religion.

This new generation of Nigerians are rebels. They are the ones that will dedtory Christianity.
They will all die out and be replaced by a new generation that is fully aware of the evils of organised religion.
Re: Norton Buys Avast For Over $8 Billion by Aleeyouchalawa(m): 2:31pm On Aug 11, 2021
me too I get one it says "Hello world"
PAWG:
I get software to sell o cry
Re: Norton Buys Avast For Over $8 Billion by smallrincowis16(m): 2:44pm On Aug 11, 2021
Another software for CIA access

1 Like

Re: Norton Buys Avast For Over $8 Billion by phemmyfour: 2:46pm On Aug 11, 2021
RealMarv:
It's funny how lots of people always rush to comment without having anything tangible to contribute. Some have never heard of Norton here in this thread.
you were probably new in this forum. Back in the days, we use to give out free activation keys and cracks to these and many softwares
Re: Norton Buys Avast For Over $8 Billion by Berezuski: 2:47pm On Aug 11, 2021
Kaspersky all the way!

1 Like

Re: Norton Buys Avast For Over $8 Billion by geemd434: 3:29pm On Aug 11, 2021
SultanOfPuna:
Who is more religious?
The black man

No technology
No invention
No Science

Spot on Man. We know better now.
Re: Norton Buys Avast For Over $8 Billion by PAWG(m): 3:34pm On Aug 11, 2021
Aleeyouchalawa:
me too I get one it says "Hello world"

Wow! So complex
Re: Norton Buys Avast For Over $8 Billion by pacespot(m): 3:35pm On Aug 11, 2021
They used to be competitors. Norton came with my new laptop then, I uninstalled it and replaced it with Avast. So these antivirus companies are this rich �
Re: Norton Buys Avast For Over $8 Billion by Powersurge: 3:42pm On Aug 11, 2021
RealMarv:

It's insane bro. I was expecting techies to comment. But as usual, noobs everywhere.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Norton Buys Avast For Over $8 Billion by Femmyfestus: 4:21pm On Aug 11, 2021
SultanOfPuna:
Who is more religious?
The black man

No technology
No invention
No Science

The demon in you is speaking. Love it or hate. Millions of souls are turning to christ this end time. And the end time revival is starting in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Norton Buys Avast For Over $8 Billion by TheWolfen(m): 4:26pm On Aug 11, 2021
They buying up anything big that has more people on it. When they wanna buy tiktok and they didn't sell to them they resort to threats. Lol they certainly have an agenda

Zenzu01:
USA sha like monopoly.......
Re: Norton Buys Avast For Over $8 Billion by Sunsets: 5:03pm On Aug 11, 2021
No more free Avast antivirus
FishLaps:
US cybersecurity giant NortonLifeLock has agreed to buy Czech rival Avast for more than $8 billion (6.7 billion euros) to create a leading cyber consumer business, the pair announced on Wednesday.

“This transaction is a huge step forward for consumer cyber safety and will ultimately enable us to achieve our vision to protect and empower people to live their digital lives safely,” Norton chief executive Vincent Pilette said in a joint statement.

Details later…

(AFP)

source; https://punchng.com/computer-security-firm-norton-buys-avast-for-over-8bn/
Re: Norton Buys Avast For Over $8 Billion by ithink7: 5:41pm On Aug 11, 2021
SultanOfPuna:
Who is more religious?
The black man

No technology
No invention
No Science

Edit:
When I said Christianity will die out in 20 years. I'm not the one to destroy it.
It's people like adeboye, oyedepo, father mbaka. They are the ones that are opening the eyes of the youths to see how fake the whole thing is.
Attack your fake pastors and prophets. Not me
The Whites. Came into your land and erased your fore father's religion and gave you their own Religion
Now Africans are overdoing more than the owners and founders of the religion
Is that not STUPIDITY of the highest order.
Go to Europe and tell them to worship African God's Amadioha and Sango and see if they won't bundle you out of Europe.

I can bet in 20 years, you’ll be one of the most religious, don’t ask me why. That has always been the pattern.

1 Like

Re: Norton Buys Avast For Over $8 Billion by Nobody: 6:11pm On Aug 11, 2021
SultanOfPuna:
Who is more religious?
The black man

No technology
No invention
No Science

Edit:
When I said Christianity will die out in 20 years. I'm not the one to destroy it.
It's people like adeboye, oyedepo, father mbaka. They are the ones that are opening the eyes of the youths to see how fake the whole thing is.
Attack your fake pastors and prophets. Not me
The Whites. Came into your land and erased your fore father's religion and gave you their own Religion
Now Africans are overdoing more than the owners and founders of the religion
Is that not STUPIDITY of the highest order.
Go to Europe and tell them to worship African God's Amadioha and Sango and see if they won't bundle you out of Europe.

What of Islam? It will not die out in the next 20 years? Clown!
Re: Norton Buys Avast For Over $8 Billion by overboard(m): 8:01pm On Aug 11, 2021
LordReed:
This is not good news. Norton AV is crap, Avast that we used to manage will now become integrated into the Norton ecosystem which is likely to lead it to becoming crap as well. SMH.

Very true bro. Norton after a while became a system hog and largely unusable. It thus fell out of favour with many.

They probably remained strong in enterprise level security as I can not remember the last time ANYONE I know used Norton AV, the one-time king.
Re: Norton Buys Avast For Over $8 Billion by Gfskw: 8:57pm On Aug 11, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Norton Buys Avast For Over $8 Billion by naijaman2225(m): 11:27pm On Aug 11, 2021
Jackbaur88:
The free online version of Avast used to be very active then, all of a sudden, it stopped working as you have to pay to have it function.
I never know these cyber security tech companies are this big.
Tech is American and American is tech.
Imagine the owners of these tech companies are so rich yet they are not known, but here in Nigeria, someone will just get some 10million Dollars, will start ranting all over the Internet.
U EXAGGERATE TOO MUCH. N10 MILLION AND THE EMM EFFER WON'T ALLOW HIS NEIGHBOURHOOD TO HAVE A PEACEFUL NIGHT'S REST!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Let's buy your UK Used and Nigeria Used Laptops ( Terms and Conditions) / How Do Nigerians Afford The N16,000 Per Month Internet Bill. This Is Like $160 / Grade1 Uk Hp450g2 5th Gen Core I3 @115k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.