Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,966 members, 7,810,679 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:11 PM

How IPOB Sit-At-Home Order Was Ignored In Owerri, Imo State On Monday - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How IPOB Sit-At-Home Order Was Ignored In Owerri, Imo State On Monday (1098 Views)

IPOB Sit At Home Threat Completely Ignored In ASABA / Nnamdi KANU: Why Tuesday Sit-At-Home Order Was Declared - IPOB / Uzodimma: How IPOB Hijacked Eastern Security Network From Governors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How IPOB Sit-At-Home Order Was Ignored In Owerri, Imo State On Monday by Nonpartisan1: 11:40am On Aug 11, 2021
By Chinonso Alozie, Owerri.

Movements of vehicular and human activities on Monday continued in Owerri capital of Imo State.

Vanguard at about 09:54 am in Owerri, visited major streets, market places and it was observed that business premises were opened.

Some commuters, motorists, traders who spoke to Vanguard said they summoned the courage to come out after they were told that there were no Police, Military blocking the major roads and threatening residents.

But Vanguard gathered that as early as 08:30 am, banks refused to open not untill 09:15 am, the banks started opening their doors for their customers in Owerri, Shop owners opened their business. Even food vendors were seen in the major streets of Owerri doing their selling.

Traders started opening their shops at Eke ukwu and Relief markets, fillings stations, Supermarkets, Eatries were all opened for businesses.

However, areas like the three Local Government Areas of, Aboh, Ezinihitte and Ahiara Mbaise, there were panics on hearing that some suspected members of the Eastern Security Network, ESN, were said to have forced about three commercial buses heading to Umuahia to go back.

The affected motorists while returning stopped at Afor Ogbe and spread the news that “ESN boys are on the road. They asked us to go back or they will destroy us. We have to go back for our safety.

“They were wearing black and black and some of them with guns and knife. They are looking angrily and ready to do anything.”

The situation was heightened when the story was told of a particular commercial bus that was set ablaze by the ESN boys many residents out of fear were forced back to their homes to stay safe.

The reason, Vanguard gathered was because of the insecurity situation that has troubled the Orlu main town for the past two weeks. The insecurity caused by opposing camps for and against the agitations for Biafra Republic.

Also, the residents of Orlu, were afraid that the beheadings and killings in Orlu, may continue should anybody be seen outside, on the day of the sit at home.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/08/sit-at-home-ignored-in-owerri-tension-in-mbaise-orlu/

lalasticlala Mynd44

Re: How IPOB Sit-At-Home Order Was Ignored In Owerri, Imo State On Monday by LokoH(m): 12:42pm On Aug 11, 2021
In Owerri ? Lie kill you

1 Like

Re: How IPOB Sit-At-Home Order Was Ignored In Owerri, Imo State On Monday by BKayy: 12:44pm On Aug 11, 2021
Lol, Nigeria have to come out on Tuesday to take pictures for propaganda.
Is today Monday?
They forgot to take their propaganda pictures before Monday so that they can post it on Monday because of the decadence and sloghishnes in Nigeria affairs.
Shameless propaganda

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How IPOB Sit-At-Home Order Was Ignored In Owerri, Imo State On Monday by Biafrannuke: 12:47pm On Aug 11, 2021
And you couldn't show this Monday. Lol

1 Like

Re: How IPOB Sit-At-Home Order Was Ignored In Owerri, Imo State On Monday by Monogamy: 12:55pm On Aug 11, 2021
There would be counter face off between Igbos and Igbos who do not believe in Igbos way of doing things
Re: How IPOB Sit-At-Home Order Was Ignored In Owerri, Imo State On Monday by DrSamOnowu87(m): 1:31pm On Aug 11, 2021
BKayy:
Is today Monday?
They forgot to take their propaganda pictures before Monday so that they can post it on Monday because of the decadence and sloghishnes in Nigeria affairs.
Shameless propaganda
Tell them. So vanguard has turned to evening news tabloid. Propagandist Yeye newspaper.
Re: How IPOB Sit-At-Home Order Was Ignored In Owerri, Imo State On Monday by Conrod: 1:33pm On Aug 11, 2021
Monogamy:
There would be counter face off between Igbos and Igbos who do not believe in Igbos way of doing things
NOT untill yoruba youths ignore bbnija to protest against the imposition of fulanis as their kings and leaders in ilorin.
Re: How IPOB Sit-At-Home Order Was Ignored In Owerri, Imo State On Monday by EzeAnambra: 1:42pm On Aug 11, 2021
Biafra is making so many people go Mad..Lols

If this was true, Oyingboupdate, juliusmalema,udele1 etc would have opened more than 10 thread on Monday, because there job is to scan the internet for anti-ipob news to post here. "imagine that kind of job" Lols

BTW,the 2k each they shared to this ones will soon finish,and they will come back to der senses. Because, the Street is Biafra.

3 Likes

Re: How IPOB Sit-At-Home Order Was Ignored In Owerri, Imo State On Monday by ThatFairGuy1: 1:49pm On Aug 11, 2021
Vanguard newspaper lied? They will whenever it doesn't suit your opinion.

Ipobism, a severe mental disorder.
BKayy:
Is today Monday?
Shameless propaganda
Re: How IPOB Sit-At-Home Order Was Ignored In Owerri, Imo State On Monday by ThatFairGuy1: 1:53pm On Aug 11, 2021
I see Ndi Igbo revolting against this madness.
I see them having very hot altercation with Ipob Terrorist.
I see them sending away more investors from the East.
I see them sacrificing Nnamdi Kanu ultimately.
I see them doing away with this unachievable dream.

This I have seen

1 Like

Re: How IPOB Sit-At-Home Order Was Ignored In Owerri, Imo State On Monday by chiefobdk(m): 2:12pm On Aug 11, 2021
I wonder why all this pro Nigeria newspapers did not post this propaganda lie yesterday when it was on...
Re: How IPOB Sit-At-Home Order Was Ignored In Owerri, Imo State On Monday by loveth360(f): 2:16pm On Aug 11, 2021
ThatFairGuy1:

This I have seen
I see yoruba christians fighting yoruba muslims.

1 Like

Re: How IPOB Sit-At-Home Order Was Ignored In Owerri, Imo State On Monday by Nobody: 3:29pm On Aug 11, 2021
EzeAnambra:
Biafra is making so many people go Mad..Lols

If this was true, Oyingboupdate, juliusmalema,udele1 etc would have opened more than 10 thread on Monday, because there job is to scan the internet for anti-ipob news to post here. "imagine that kind of job" Lols

BTW,the 2k each they shared to this ones will soon finish,and they will come back to der senses. Because, the Street is Biafra.

Not been proud of your state Abia, u hv to take the name of another state because all history associated with anything Abia us negative.

Alu.
Re: How IPOB Sit-At-Home Order Was Ignored In Owerri, Imo State On Monday by yemmight(m): 4:48pm On Aug 11, 2021
This can't be Monday in Owerri.

1 Like

Re: How IPOB Sit-At-Home Order Was Ignored In Owerri, Imo State On Monday by ablejesus26(m): 5:09pm On Aug 11, 2021
They should continue to post coronavirus lock down pictures �.
After everything ipob still remains a proscribed group of outlaws that are being picked up like criminals.
Instead of them to fixate their energy on changing this status quo,they are fermenting rubbish trouble.

1 Like

Re: How IPOB Sit-At-Home Order Was Ignored In Owerri, Imo State On Monday by EzeAnambra: 5:23pm On Aug 11, 2021
Juliusmalema:

Not been proud of your state Abia, u hv to take the name of another state because all history associated with anything Abia us negative.

Alu.
Mad man

1 Like

Re: How IPOB Sit-At-Home Order Was Ignored In Owerri, Imo State On Monday by Broveens42(m): 5:33pm On Aug 11, 2021
Op ended up showcasing fine owerri but definitely not on Monday grin
Re: How IPOB Sit-At-Home Order Was Ignored In Owerri, Imo State On Monday by jt2damoney(m): 5:59pm On Aug 11, 2021
The Op is correct. I went to work on Monday and there were vehicles on the road operating smoothly
Re: How IPOB Sit-At-Home Order Was Ignored In Owerri, Imo State On Monday by Nobody: 6:58pm On Aug 12, 2021
EzeAnambra:
Mad man

I later found it.

See the history off your people negativities all round, not even a single good historical appreciation.

https://www.nairaland.com/6678600/abia-state-never-contributed-positively.

Tueh
Re: How IPOB Sit-At-Home Order Was Ignored In Owerri, Imo State On Monday by Nobody: 7:02pm On Aug 12, 2021
Igbos are terrorists
FG is right about them.
Re: How IPOB Sit-At-Home Order Was Ignored In Owerri, Imo State On Monday by puzzlegate(m): 7:05pm On Aug 12, 2021
ThatFairGuy1:

This I have seen
continue typing Rubbish !
Re: How IPOB Sit-At-Home Order Was Ignored In Owerri, Imo State On Monday by Emergingnation(m): 7:08pm On Aug 12, 2021
ThatFairGuy1:
[s]I see Ndi Igbo revolting against this madness.

This I have seen[/s]
yet you can't see your Fulani loots revolting against Bandits that daily abducting and killing them in their numbers...

Low IQ fulani Marauder..
Re: How IPOB Sit-At-Home Order Was Ignored In Owerri, Imo State On Monday by Emergingnation(m): 7:14pm On Aug 12, 2021
Juliusmalema:
Igbos are terrorists

FG is right about them.
Cry Cry baby, keep crying for unity grin grin grin grin
Re: How IPOB Sit-At-Home Order Was Ignored In Owerri, Imo State On Monday by History555: 7:22pm On Aug 12, 2021
Juliusmalema:

Alu.

Yen yen yen.

Re: How IPOB Sit-At-Home Order Was Ignored In Owerri, Imo State On Monday by Buckeyemedia1: 1:39am On Aug 13, 2021
Emergingnation:
Cry Cry baby, keep crying for unity grin grin grin grin
Another Monday is fast approaching.

(1) (Reply)

Did Nigeria Law Stops A Foreigner From Witnessing A Court Siting. / Obasanjo, Northern Elite, Monarchs Warned APC Against Fielding Buhari – Akande / Lekki Epe Express Is Dying, Traffic, No Law And Order

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.