Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

Lekki Epe Express Is Dying, Traffic, No Law And Order - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lekki Epe Express Is Dying, Traffic, No Law And Order (1100 Views)

Pandora Papers: I Broke No Law ― Peter Obi / Buhari’s title: No law states how a President should be addressed - NBA / “No Law Requires Me To Produce My Certificate” - Buhari To Tribunal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lekki Epe Express Is Dying, Traffic, No Law And Order by VaselineCrew: 3:21pm On Dec 17, 2021
See traffic below, my goodness.

When you get down to the road, you will see that a lack of maintenance coupled with lack of law and order causes this.

Some traffic lights don’t work, and of course, there is never any police officer enforcing laws, hence chaos.

At least during Ambodes time when he introduced those 112 police squad cars, the police was very enthusiastic about pulling people over. Any small thing, they’ve pulled you over.

Now, danfos run amok, running red lights, stopping everywhere, with no law enforcement even turning around to look at them.

Then as always, due to a complete and utter lack of law and order, drivers will turn a 3 lane road into a 6 lane road, leading to multiple minor accidents, halt on free flow of traffic and so on.

All this can be solved, it’s so simple, just have the police stop each and every car they can that breaks the law. Laws like running red lights, driving on the bush path of the road and so on. That way you eliminate a bunch of the chaos and traffic on this route.

I really wish I was in charge sometimes.

May God help us and bless us.

4 Likes

Re: Lekki Epe Express Is Dying, Traffic, No Law And Order by treesun: 3:31pm On Dec 17, 2021
VaselineCrew:
See traffic below, my goodness.

When you get down to the road, you will see that a lack of maintenance coupled with lack of law and order causes this.

Some traffic lights don’t work, and of course, there is never any police officer enforcing laws, hence chaos.

At least during Ambodes time when he introduced those 112 police squad cars, the police was very enthusiastic about pulling people over. Any small thing, they’ve pulled you over.

Now, danfos run amok, running red lights, stopping everywhere, with no law enforcement even turning around to look at them.

Then as always, due to a complete and utter lack of law and order, drivers will turn a 3 lane road into a 6 lane road, leading to multiple minor accidents, halt on free flow of traffic and so on.

All this can be solved, it’s so simple, just have the police stop each and every car they can that breaks the law. Laws like running red lights, driving on the bush path of the road and so on. That way you eliminate a bunch of the chaos and traffic on this route.

I really wish I was in charge sometimes.

May God help us and bless us.

That is the pure truth, I came around Chevron. I was shocked how okada, those white small bus were driving against traffic, as I was going back to Mainland, Okada flying one way, sometimes with two passengers on a bike. Very scary. Sanwoolu will still want to toll this road. Lekki people are suffering and smilling!

4 Likes

Re: Lekki Epe Express Is Dying, Traffic, No Law And Order by ajumma(m): 3:35pm On Dec 17, 2021
Police and security personnel that you people lynch and hated most?

Bunch of indiscipline and lazy youth dotted all over the country

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Epe Express Is Dying, Traffic, No Law And Order by Tomek09(m): 3:41pm On Dec 17, 2021
Okay. Lagos for Lagosians. Igbos co-own Lagos with Yorubas. Eko o ni baje, o bake ti.
Re: Lekki Epe Express Is Dying, Traffic, No Law And Order by VaselineCrew: 4:48pm On Dec 17, 2021
treesun:

That is the pure truth, I came around Chevron. I was shocked how okada, those white small bus were driving against traffic, as I was going back to Mainland, Okada flying one way, sometimes with two passengers on a bike. Very scary. Sanwoolu will still want to toll this road. Lekki people are suffering and smilling!

Those passengers that follow okada to do one-way on lekki epe don’t love their lives.

It is so easy for a driver that isn’t paying attention to a hazard coming his/her way to ply those guys at like 80km/h.
Re: Lekki Epe Express Is Dying, Traffic, No Law And Order by VaselineCrew: 4:51pm On Dec 17, 2021
ajumma:

So what is your solution? That the chaos and lawlessness continue?

This response is probably the thought process of our leaders; they just don’t care, sad!

Btw, why are you acting like you just landed in Nigeria? When has police ever pulled people over except that brief period of Ambode?

I’m not talking about pulling people over at a STATIONARY checkpoint, but actually giving chase and intercepting?

If not for Hollywood, will someone like you know what it means to get pulled over by police?

You Nigerians just love to deceive yourselves forming “wise”

2 Likes

Re: Lekki Epe Express Is Dying, Traffic, No Law And Order by Whois(m): 5:51pm On Dec 17, 2021
You mean you haven't noticed 122 police squad aka RRS police have changed thier duty/hobbies under sanwo Olu, they prefer to patrol brt lines to arrest scape goat and they prefer to catch jjc drivers that don't know roads that are now one way.
Re: Lekki Epe Express Is Dying, Traffic, No Law And Order by FarahAideed: 5:59pm On Dec 17, 2021
Law and order in the Lekki Ajah Axis has completely collapse, people drive any direction they want just to escape traffic..this is why nothing ever takes me there except something thing that is extremely important
Re: Lekki Epe Express Is Dying, Traffic, No Law And Order by Milito: 6:13pm On Dec 17, 2021
OP is right. The situation of motorists in Lagos has made me almost lose all hope of Nigeria becoming a civilised entity.

Damn! The chaos on that road is unbelievable.

A bus will run red light and will still be cussing at you who has right of way. Its just unbelievable.

It's Total madness and chaos.

Passengers are not even left out of the stupidity.

Instead of going into a bus stop, they will instead stay on the road. you'll see bus stops few metres from them, but laziness will never allow them walk there. Nigerians are lazy! The so called western world do a lot of walking, but here, our laziness has made okada very important.

The transporters are crazy ass people who will only stop to pick passengers wherever they are.

The govt needs to change their strategy of chasing after errant bus drivers stopping at unapproved places on the road.

They should instead start arresting the people waiting to board buses and others at unapproved places. Especially, those that have bustops near them.
Re: Lekki Epe Express Is Dying, Traffic, No Law And Order by Milito: 6:20pm On Dec 17, 2021
Whois:
You mean you haven't noticed 122 police squad aka RRS police have changed thier duty/hobbies under sanwo Olu, they prefer to patrol brt lines to arrest scape goat and they prefer to catch jjc drivers that don't know roads that are now one way.

All public services in Nigeria have lost focus. They need to re-train all of them inaddition to strict and swift application of disciplinary processes against misdemeanours.

The situation is crazy. Its all man for himself, whatever you can grab by virtue of the public services being rendered, grab.

The whole country is in a mess.

Be it police, Immigration, FRSC, FIRS, LIRS, infact all of them.

Nigerians are the problem of Nigeria.

We are wicked, mean blackmailers who will use whatever position of authority or advantage to bully and extort others.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lekki Epe Express Is Dying, Traffic, No Law And Order by Rexwalters1: 11:23pm On Dec 17, 2021
ajumma:

Don’t mind the hypocrites, they want to have their cake & eat it too?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Kemi Olunloyo Alerts Davido Of Impending Danger, Tells Him To Leave Lagos / My Friend Is Still Asked To Verify His NIN Even After Getting A Virtual ID Card / Igbo, South East A Mistake..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.