Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,275 members, 7,836,236 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:08 AM

Sudan To Hand Ex-President Omar Al-bashir To ICC - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Sudan To Hand Ex-President Omar Al-bashir To ICC (14374 Views)

Omar al-Bashir Stoned, Transported Like Cow To Prison (Photos) / The Woman That Led A Protest That Removed Sudan's President Omar Al-Bashir / Omar Al-Bashir Arrested, Coup Plotters Announce Two-year Military Rule (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sudan To Hand Ex-President Omar Al-bashir To ICC by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 3:48pm On Aug 11, 2021
samonak:
The sooner we all learn that ICC is another tool of western imperialism the better. The bigger and more technologically advanced nations ( super powers) use institutions like UN, IMF and world bank to muscle or keep the rest of the world in line, while they violate the same treaties and international conventions. For starters, let us check the line up of so called despots or dictators that have stood trial in the Hague or been indicted by ICC: Slobadan Milosevic, Laurent Gbagbo, Charles Taylor,Radovan Karadžić, Ratko Mladić, Joseph Kony, Muamar Ghaddafi, etc. What common thread links all of them? They are all from less powerful nations. When would President George Bush jnr and Tony Blair stand trial for war crimes? Both were coerced by defence Secretary, Donald Rumsfeld and his deputy Paul Wolfowitz into fighting a needless gulf war 2 that led to the death of thousands of innocent Iraqis, all because of oil! They deceived the entire world that Saddam Hussein was producing WMD. At the end nothing was found. When would Nicolai Sarkozky of France stand trial? He led the coalition of allied forces that attacked Libya, all because Ghaddafi was musing over the idea of floating an African currency backed by the resources of Africa. That singular action would have led to the fall or realignment of the world economy as we know it, I.e. the Euro, Dollar and Pounds would have plummeted. The insurgency affecting the Sahel region of west Africa is a direct fallout of the Libyan Crisis. Why is Saudi Arabia not standing trial over the atrocities meted out to Yemen? or the Saudi crown Prince, Mohammed Bin Salman (MBS) not on trial for being complicit in the death of Saudi dissident Journalist, Khasshoggi? I am not saying the other dictators mentioned earlier, don't deserve to stand trial for their crimes against humanity but I am merely pointing out the implicit bias and outright hypocrisy of the major powers, who have clearly shown that " Might is right" In closing, let me pose this question, " Who are the super powers accountable to, since the system has been rigged in their favour"?
If the tool of western imperialism will hold African dictators accountable for their actions while in power then so be it.
Until Africans learn to punish offenders cases like this will continue. ICC serves as a deterrent to blood thirsty dictators so it serves a purpose.

1 Like

Re: Sudan To Hand Ex-President Omar Al-bashir To ICC by Iykenuwa(m): 3:51pm On Aug 11, 2021
It will soon be Buhari's turn.
Re: Sudan To Hand Ex-President Omar Al-bashir To ICC by luluman: 3:57pm On Aug 11, 2021
Eriokanmi:
It would soon be Nigeria's turn. I won't mention names so his followers wouldn't rush at me. Nobody is above the law
I concur!. Let's not mention names.
Re: Sudan To Hand Ex-President Omar Al-bashir To ICC by freshalien: 4:14pm On Aug 11, 2021
Penguin2:
Same fate await Buhari.

Even if he dies, we will exhume his body and hand to ICC.

The senile vegetable must answer for his crimes.

inumidun2010:
So shall it be with this one in ABUJA.....

Racoon:
Charles Tailor, Laurent Gbagbo etc have all had their day @ the ICC.So shall Buhari and all members of his former service chiefs go to answer for all the atrocities they committed against Nigerians.

oluseyiforjesus:
If Sudan can do ds
Giant of Africa u can do better......

Eriokanmi:
It would soon be Nigeria's turn. I won't mention names so his followers wouldn't rush at me. Nobody is above the law

tempest01:
Hopefully one day, southern leaders will hand over the feudal Fulani cabal members and their military dogs whose erection comes from killing and slaughtering southerners in order to keep a firm grip on power and corruption.

GardenOfGod:
This is a clear message to all the Nigerian currupt leaders who think the world is at ease to their atrocities. A time for recompense is coming.

Chai! Africans when una go get sense?!

Why do you think George Bush and Tony Blair have not been tried at the ICC for war crimes against Iraq; you think the U.S and U.K are stupid? Why do you think that the U.S has in its law a proclamation to invade the Hague in Netherlands if ever an American is put on trial at the ICC. You think the so called protectors of freedom and human rights are stupid?

I ask you Africans, when would you have sense to see that you must do all within your power to protect your own from being used as scape goats at the international level even if they are guilty. What happens to Bashir being tried and jailed in Sudan? What happens to him being taken to an African court of justice.

Yet you people wonder why the rest of the world look at the black man as being of a lower IQ.

1 Like

Re: Sudan To Hand Ex-President Omar Al-bashir To ICC by Nobody: 4:30pm On Aug 11, 2021
Sudan is showing Nigeria how to deal with war criminals. SUDAN!

TEARS grin grin
Re: Sudan To Hand Ex-President Omar Al-bashir To ICC by Bifwoli: 4:41pm On Aug 11, 2021
tempest01:

Who is majority? There is no clear majority in Nigeria. Leave all the misinformation you have been brainwashed with.

Yes exactly that's what i meant .Its almost 50/50 between northerners and southerners so you just can't push your ways around each other.
Re: Sudan To Hand Ex-President Omar Al-bashir To ICC by samonak(m): 4:56pm On Aug 11, 2021
MASTERCHIEF0847:

If the tool of western imperialism will hold African dictators accountable for their actions while in power then so be it.
Until Africans learn to punish offenders cases like this will continue. ICC serves as a deterrent to blood thirsty dictators so it serves a purpose.
Touché
Re: Sudan To Hand Ex-President Omar Al-bashir To ICC by Telekinetic: 6:02pm On Aug 11, 2021
Bolustical:
Cownu's Pigs are already salivating. Wake up and smell the coffee. Nigeria isn't Sudan.

The only person that will be handed over to Kuje's prison for a long time is Cownu.
Oga... Tell Femi that this format is already stale. You guys just yell Cownu, pig, ipob when anyone speaks against this thievocratic govt. Newsflash idiot. Everyone is against this govt except for Buhari dicksuckers like you!
Re: Sudan To Hand Ex-President Omar Al-bashir To ICC by Penguin2: 6:11pm On Aug 11, 2021
freshalien:

Why do you think George Bush and Tony Blair have not been tried at the ICC for war crimes against Iraq; you think the U.S and U.K are stupid? Why do you think that the U.S has in its law a proclamation to invade the Hague in Netherlands if ever an American is put on trial at the ICC. You think the so called protectors of freedom and human rights are stupid?

I ask you Africans, when would you have sense to see that you must do all within your power to protect your own from being used as scape goats at the international level even if they are guilty. What happens to Bashir being tried and jailed in Sudan? What happens to him being taken to an African court of justice.

Yet you people wonder why the rest of the world look at the black man as being of a lower IQ.

So are you implying that since George Bush and Tony Blair committed war crimes in Iraq and haven’t been tried, African leaders are free to raze any ethnic group down without being questioned?
Re: Sudan To Hand Ex-President Omar Al-bashir To ICC by GardenOfGod(m): 6:44pm On Aug 11, 2021
freshalien:

grin

grin grin grin
Re: Sudan To Hand Ex-President Omar Al-bashir To ICC by Mrexcell(m): 7:06pm On Aug 11, 2021
We shall all be alive to witness the extradition of buhari when his tenure is over.
Re: Sudan To Hand Ex-President Omar Al-bashir To ICC by freshalien: 8:16pm On Aug 11, 2021
Penguin2:

So are you implying that since George Bush and Tony Blair committed war crimes in Iraq and haven’t been tried, African leaders are free to raze any ethnic group down without being questioned?

Read my comment again, but this time slowly, especially the second to the last paragraph.
Re: Sudan To Hand Ex-President Omar Al-bashir To ICC by Freebirs(f): 8:24pm On Aug 11, 2021
Na national 4kup....xo flock d PU.C to death
Re: Sudan To Hand Ex-President Omar Al-bashir To ICC by tempest01(m): 8:27pm On Aug 11, 2021
Bifwoli:
Yes exactly that's what i meant .Its almost 50/50 between northerners and southerners so you just can't push your ways around each other.

If they gather enough evidence and the Hague says they have a case to answer,we don't need majority to bundle them to the Hague as long has we will one day get to power
Re: Sudan To Hand Ex-President Omar Al-bashir To ICC by Gfskw: 8:33pm On Aug 11, 2021
All nigerian ex presidents should be handed over too
Re: Sudan To Hand Ex-President Omar Al-bashir To ICC by felixawe(m): 6:22am On Aug 12, 2021
Good move. When would they handle over Bihari to ICC na.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

78-yr-old Granny Goes To School / President Mahama's Daughter's Letter Comforting Him For Losing / Boris Johnson Turned Away From Polling Station After Forgetting ID

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.