Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,224 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:58 AM

Okocha Jokes Over Messi’s £1million Weekly Pay - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Okocha Jokes Over Messi’s £1million Weekly Pay (59568 Views)

A Picture Of President Putin, Okocha, Pele, Maradona And Kanu / Kylian Mbappe Angry Over Messi’s Contract, Wants To Leave PSG / Footballer Okocha Reacts To Messi £1million Weekly Pay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okocha Jokes Over Messi’s £1million Weekly Pay by proclinician: 2:35pm On Aug 11, 2021
SAPA involve for the guy matter. But u need a more serious and business minded game play to attract such a wage. No be this ur 20goals a season show

1 Like

Re: Okocha Jokes Over Messi’s £1million Weekly Pay by greenguy: 2:35pm On Aug 11, 2021
kenzysmith:
Africans and money consciousness

There's nothing like Africans and money, it is the truth. He'd be one of the best paid players if this was his time.

Even Ryan Giggs admitted that the huge pay in football these days actually motivated him to prolong his career like he did because when he started playing for Man United in 1990 they don't get payed by the game like they do now.

The money is maaad! #500,000,000 alert every Saturday! Fear no catch you?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okocha Jokes Over Messi’s £1million Weekly Pay by nigfooty: 2:36pm On Aug 11, 2021
Chelsea face Chukwueze's Villareal in Uefa Super Cup, see Time and Other Details.
https://www.nigfooty.com/2021/08/chelsea-face-chukwezes-villareal-in.html
Re: Okocha Jokes Over Messi’s £1million Weekly Pay by georgeakins: 2:36pm On Aug 11, 2021
Fahdiga:
Even as he is joking about it but it is quite the truth. Jay Jay would have been one of the highest paid players in the world if he was still playing and at his prime

Why was he not one of the highest paid players during his time?

Why was he not playing for one of the top clubs? He never played in any champions league matches

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okocha Jokes Over Messi’s £1million Weekly Pay by Rhaspody(m): 2:36pm On Aug 11, 2021
Sebastine1994:
Abeg what is oga JJ saying?

Na overhype nigeria Sabi do.
We hype everything from men of God to God of men, footballers, beer, sex, etc.

J. J was overhyped

Indomie generation spotted

1 Like

Re: Okocha Jokes Over Messi’s £1million Weekly Pay by Starboytwo(m): 2:37pm On Aug 11, 2021
G
Re: Okocha Jokes Over Messi’s £1million Weekly Pay by Basicend: 2:38pm On Aug 11, 2021
There is no kokoro ajenirun that can enter into this kind wealth. The money too much i beg.

Even dem cubana and friends go be like ants beside this guy o cheesy grin cool

2 Likes

Re: Okocha Jokes Over Messi’s £1million Weekly Pay by naptu2: 2:39pm On Aug 11, 2021
georgeakins:

Why was he not playing for one of the top clubs? He never played in any champions league matches

The last sentence in your post is not true. He played against Manchester United in the Champions League and that was the day that I hated Elvir Bolic with my life. Okocha did everything for him, but the guy refused to score.

1 Like

Re: Okocha Jokes Over Messi’s £1million Weekly Pay by Nobody: 2:40pm On Aug 11, 2021
Please mod, don’t be carrying all this foolish football news to the front page. It annoys me as an African woman that our men are too incompetent to create and operate a league in Africa. If shame no dey catch them, shame dey catch me. I take God beg una. Make una no let me vex too much.

1 Like

Re: Okocha Jokes Over Messi’s £1million Weekly Pay by Reuben700: 2:40pm On Aug 11, 2021
embarassed lipsrsealed

Re: Okocha Jokes Over Messi’s £1million Weekly Pay by georgeakins: 2:42pm On Aug 11, 2021
prettypraise:
what other "conscious" should he have? Is to just be thrilling fans alone? Rashid Yekini thrilled fans, yet went "broke" later in life. While thrilling fans, charge for your services. You can't just make people happy and then become broke....

Is Kanu Nwakwo not broke? He is owing Skye bank ( Polaris ) over N800m
Re: Okocha Jokes Over Messi’s £1million Weekly Pay by InvertedHammer: 2:42pm On Aug 11, 2021
/
He is even lucky. There was a time when people played for the fun of it and ice cream. Parents would beat their children who dared touch football. It was reserved for losers until providence smiled on footballers. Coach Clemens Westerhof opened that floodgate in Nigeria.

/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Okocha Jokes Over Messi’s £1million Weekly Pay by 900warriorz: 2:42pm On Aug 11, 2021
ElValiente:

Onijibiti grin
Waa sere omo iya mi grin

1 Like

Re: Okocha Jokes Over Messi’s £1million Weekly Pay by advanceDNA: 2:43pm On Aug 11, 2021
Kriss216:

So, that's why you came back to Nigerian to endorse BetKing so they can sapa me and my brothers undecided

God pass you, Okocha.

Re: Okocha Jokes Over Messi’s £1million Weekly Pay by naptu2: 2:44pm On Aug 11, 2021
georgeakins:

Manchester United vs Fenerbahce (1996).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UAuCxm2xtc

Fenerbahce vs Manchester United (1996)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTunlHZM9Gc

2 Likes

Re: Okocha Jokes Over Messi’s £1million Weekly Pay by ofiko123(m): 2:45pm On Aug 11, 2021
Sad,very very sad..
Re: Okocha Jokes Over Messi’s £1million Weekly Pay by Mftivi: 2:46pm On Aug 11, 2021
kenzysmith:
Africans and money consciousness, dribbling without sense with his funny kind of leg over okocha tried but he is just adverage that d truth. if you watch messi he dribble when the time arises, pass when the time arises, chip when he is in the right position go and watch messi in the days of xavi and inestia. This guy play football to perfection who could have taught they can scored 50 goals a season playing he redefine football as a player you can't hate messi and love football he deserve the money he is getting. The painful thing is that there is no player coming up who operate deep and still create chances and still dribble and score magnifecent goals I taught salah was like messi until I watch closely and find out they can never be messi them never born that persoooon!. As for ronaldo mbappe plays similar but I doubt if he close to ronaldo work rate and free kicks
guy go hug 30 tons Mack truck @ 100 mph
Re: Okocha Jokes Over Messi’s £1million Weekly Pay by IPIGSRSHALLOW: 2:46pm On Aug 11, 2021
Sebastine1994:
Abeg what is oga JJ saying?

Na overhype nigeria Sabi do.
We hype everything from men of God to God of men, footballers, beer, sex, etc.

J. J was overhyped

He was good but not in the class of Messi hence he wouldn't command this kind of money.
Plus he was handsomely paid for his level st his time.
There's a place and time for everything.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Okocha Jokes Over Messi’s £1million Weekly Pay by saajus: 2:49pm On Aug 11, 2021
I disagree. Was he one of the highest-paid when he was in his prime then? He wasted his prime. The only time he really got serious was when he moved to Bolton, unfortunately, age was no longer in his favour. He entertained us in his prime and can dribble the whole pitch. only if he knew earlier that football is about entertainment and winning, he would have been our most decorated player or even win the world's best player.

Fahdiga:
Even as he is joking about it but it is quite the truth. Jay Jay would have been one of the highest paid players in the world if he was still playing and at his prime

3 Likes

Re: Okocha Jokes Over Messi’s £1million Weekly Pay by Staphylococcus: 2:49pm On Aug 11, 2021
Fahdiga:

What happens to African players is greed and lack of professionalism. They opt for the cash instead of career upliftment.

Take a look at Iheanacho, he wanted to start big and never wanted to climb the ladder, now where is he.... They not willing to sacrifice.

1 Like

Re: Okocha Jokes Over Messi’s £1million Weekly Pay by frog12: 2:50pm On Aug 11, 2021
MESSI must perform every week !
Re: Okocha Jokes Over Messi’s £1million Weekly Pay by INCREDIBLE007(m): 2:50pm On Aug 11, 2021
#570 000 000
per week

God is good

1 Like

Re: Okocha Jokes Over Messi’s £1million Weekly Pay by Zenithpeak(m): 2:51pm On Aug 11, 2021
A true legend of the round leather game.

You came at the right time, you gave us bright smile in our hearts and there hasn't been a replacement for the your mastery of the game.

Jay Jay the legend

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okocha Jokes Over Messi’s £1million Weekly Pay by mabea: 2:51pm On Aug 11, 2021
kenzysmith:
Africans and money consciousness, dribbling without sense with his funny kind of leg over okocha tried but he is just adverage that d truth. if you watch messi he dribble when the time arises, pass when the time arises, chip when he is in the right position go and watch messi in the days of xavi and inestia. This guy play football to perfection who could have taught they can scored 50 goals a season playing deep, he redefine football as a player you can't hate messi and love football he deserve the money he is getting. The painful thing is that there is no player coming up who operate deep and still create chances and still dribble and score magnifecent goals I taught salah was like messi until I watch closely and find out they can never be messi them never born that persoooon!. As for ronaldo mbappe plays similar but I doubt if he close to ronaldo work rate and free kicks
Yours is low self esteem.

2 Likes

Re: Okocha Jokes Over Messi’s £1million Weekly Pay by kenzysmith: 2:52pm On Aug 11, 2021
Mftivi:
guy go hug 30 tons Mack truck @ 100 mph
because I refuse to join u hype okocha

1 Like

Re: Okocha Jokes Over Messi’s £1million Weekly Pay by azpekuliar: 2:57pm On Aug 11, 2021
Your greed (or would I say ignorance) too did not help you. You never engaged the services of an agent throughout your career. Were you not playing at the same time as the likes of Ronaldo De Lima, Zidane and co
Re: Okocha Jokes Over Messi’s £1million Weekly Pay by WarriAproko: 2:58pm On Aug 11, 2021
900warriorz:
PSG followers now go don add like 1 million grin

PSG to Barca fans be like grin:
followers dun rise above 3millions
Re: Okocha Jokes Over Messi’s £1million Weekly Pay by slivertongue: 2:58pm On Aug 11, 2021
Fahdiga:

jay jay was a bunch of talent in his playing days

3 Likes

Re: Okocha Jokes Over Messi’s £1million Weekly Pay by henryobinna(m): 2:59pm On Aug 11, 2021
ElValiente:
Black man. It's all about money not legacy. Messi we know. wink
so Messi that refused to stay at Barca because they couldn't afford him and went to where he'd be getting €1m gross is a black man right?

When would you lot stop hating on your skin color? When would you stop be condescending towards your likes?

If Messi was not playing for money you won't be making this statement. Moreover, only a stupid footballer in this present day would refuse to play for money, na you hunger go kill no be yeye fans.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Rafael Nadal's 80-foot Luxury Superyacht In Pictures / Members Of 1994 Super Eagles Receive Houses In Owerri (Photos) / Usain Bolt Suffers Injury In The Final Race Of His Career, Breaks Down In Tears

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.