Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,507 members, 7,819,838 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

Okocha Jokes Over Messi’s £1million Weekly Pay - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Okocha Jokes Over Messi’s £1million Weekly Pay (59609 Views)

A Picture Of President Putin, Okocha, Pele, Maradona And Kanu / Kylian Mbappe Angry Over Messi’s Contract, Wants To Leave PSG / Footballer Okocha Reacts To Messi £1million Weekly Pay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okocha Jokes Over Messi’s £1million Weekly Pay by Cooldude90: 3:33pm On Aug 11, 2021
lipsrsealed
900warriorz:
PSG followers now go don add like 1 million grin

PSG to Barca fans be like grin:

Are you serious

Over 20millon new followers
Re: Okocha Jokes Over Messi’s £1million Weekly Pay by mechanics(m): 3:33pm On Aug 11, 2021
Lolz, but he's still a rich man.

1 Like

Re: Okocha Jokes Over Messi’s £1million Weekly Pay by Iamthoney(m): 3:37pm On Aug 11, 2021
LibertyRep:
...or maybe he came as an African.

Okocha would easily have been in contention for the world best if he was an European in his playing days.
If he was an European and playing the way he played as an African then he won’t be in any contention cos after dribbling and showboating he brings very little to the team. He would have being a genius if he had balanced his skills and gameplay just like Dinho did

2 Likes

Re: Okocha Jokes Over Messi’s £1million Weekly Pay by DOTian: 3:37pm On Aug 11, 2021
Jay Jay mai bloda is a legend!
Re: Okocha Jokes Over Messi’s £1million Weekly Pay by Bakrabas: 3:38pm On Aug 11, 2021
PSG JJ Okocha of 1998 with Jersey number 10 is better than PSG Nemar Jnr of 2021 with Jersey number 10. Hit like if you think I'm correct

3 Likes

Re: Okocha Jokes Over Messi’s £1million Weekly Pay by IVORY2009(m): 3:40pm On Aug 11, 2021
Kriss216:

So, that's why you came back to Nigerian to endorse BetKing so they can sapa me and my brothers undecided

God pass you, Okocha.

Why is it that most retired footballers from Nigeria, are either endorsing betting, ex-footballers like Daniel Amokachi, Victor Ikeba, Okocha all have betting company, or endorsing it.
Re: Okocha Jokes Over Messi’s £1million Weekly Pay by Urbanchampion: 3:41pm On Aug 11, 2021
Fahdiga:
Even as he is joking about it but it is quite the truth. Jay Jay would have been one of the highest paid players in the world if he was still playing and at his prime

Lolsss. I hope you know there were stars who earned multiple of what he earned during same period?
If you're not good enough, forget, you ain't.

2 Likes

Re: Okocha Jokes Over Messi’s £1million Weekly Pay by Kingosytex(m): 3:42pm On Aug 11, 2021
IVORY2009:

Why is it that most retired footballers from Nigeria, are either endorsing betting, ex-footballers like Daniel Amokachi, Victor Ikeba, Okocha all have betting company, or endorsing it.

Because man must wack undecided

1 Like

Re: Okocha Jokes Over Messi’s £1million Weekly Pay by Brushstrokes20: 3:42pm On Aug 11, 2021
Jay Jay the maestro!
Re: Okocha Jokes Over Messi’s £1million Weekly Pay by Asapxchange: 3:46pm On Aug 11, 2021
'Times' will always get better. Football in 1998 was better than football in 1988. The same way you cant compare football and it business in 2008 is the same way you cannot compare football right now. It will always get better. A club that can pay 550k a week in this Era means that the Club has improved than it was in the last Era..

1 Like

Re: Okocha Jokes Over Messi’s £1million Weekly Pay by powerblaze(m): 3:48pm On Aug 11, 2021
[quote author=900warriorz post=104676193][b]PSG followers now go don add like 1 million grin

From 19million to over 40million in minutes
Re: Okocha Jokes Over Messi’s £1million Weekly Pay by ikorodureporta: 3:49pm On Aug 11, 2021
Fahdiga:
Even as he is joking about it but it is quite the truth. Jay Jay would have been one of the highest paid players in the world if he was still playing and at his prime

Early for where'... Didn't he play with Samuel Etoo...how much was Etoo earning then

Person wey go hide for relegated Bolton

2 Likes

Re: Okocha Jokes Over Messi’s £1million Weekly Pay by Iamthoney(m): 3:49pm On Aug 11, 2021
xjiggy:
How does 25mil a year equivalent to I million a week? Is a year now made up of 25 weeks?
When you add bonuses and other incentives his salary is about 35mil a year after tax so yes he will be earning 1mil per week
Re: Okocha Jokes Over Messi’s £1million Weekly Pay by hardbody: 3:53pm On Aug 11, 2021
Calibrator:
Okocha is all about tricks with a negligible number of end results. He is in the same bracket as present day Ben Arfa, Isco, Ndombele, Maxim of Newcastle and the rest.

He is only held in high regards by Nigerians out of sentiment.

Before you come to my mention and start countering with emotions, ask yourself......

As an attacking midfielder with almost non existent defensive responsibilities, how many goals or assists did he clock during his career? And how many high ranked clubs ever placed a bid for his services?

Pain is inevitable..... Suffering is optional

Enjoy

1 Like

Re: Okocha Jokes Over Messi’s £1million Weekly Pay by bhadboi0802(m): 3:53pm On Aug 11, 2021
Facebook account for sale if interested contact 08137110139
Re: Okocha Jokes Over Messi’s £1million Weekly Pay by arantess: 4:01pm On Aug 11, 2021
kenzysmith:
Africans and money consciousness, dribbling without sense with his funny kind of leg over okocha tried but he is just adverage that d truth. if you watch messi he dribble when the time arises, pass when the time arises, chip when he is in the right position go and watch messi in the days of xavi and inestia. This guy play football to perfection who could have taught they can scored 50 goals a season playing deep, he redefine football as a player you can't hate messi and love football he deserve the money he is getting. The painful thing is that there is no player coming up who operate deep and still create chances and still dribble and score magnifecent goals I taught salah was like messi until I watch closely and find out they can never be messi them never born that persoooon!. As for ronaldo mbappe plays similar but I doubt if he close to ronaldo work rate and free kicks
stop rambling
Re: Okocha Jokes Over Messi’s £1million Weekly Pay by KosiGee(m): 4:02pm On Aug 11, 2021
I’m
Kriss216:

So, that's why you came back to Nigerian to endorse BetKing so they can sapa me and my brothers undecided

God pass you, Okocha.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Okocha Jokes Over Messi’s £1million Weekly Pay by Nobody: 4:07pm On Aug 11, 2021
kmcutez:
Please mod, don’t be carrying all this foolish football news to the front page. It annoys me as an African woman that our men are too incompetent to create and operate a league in Africa. If shame no dey catch them, shame dey catch me. I take God beg una. Make
una no let me vex too much.

We only know how to create and operate beer parlours and sub standard hotels. Lol

1 Like

Re: Okocha Jokes Over Messi’s £1million Weekly Pay by Newton85: 4:11pm On Aug 11, 2021
"For many Nigerian fans, Okocha’s magical skills on the field of play is comparable to whatever Messi offers in present day football." Both the clown that wrote this and the many Nigerian fans who believe the same are the most delusional imbeciles on the planet.

5 Likes

Re: Okocha Jokes Over Messi’s £1million Weekly Pay by Newton85: 4:13pm On Aug 11, 2021
Fahdiga:
So, how come he wasn't one of the highest paid players when he was in his prime during his time?

2 Likes

Re: Okocha Jokes Over Messi’s £1million Weekly Pay by Nobody: 4:14pm On Aug 11, 2021
Okocha, my GOAT!

More grace & good health.
Re: Okocha Jokes Over Messi’s £1million Weekly Pay by femlad97(m): 4:14pm On Aug 11, 2021
Bakrabas:
PSG JJ Okocha of 1998 with Jersey number 10 is better than PSG Nemar Jnr of 2021 with Jersey number 10. Hit like if you think I'm correct
sapa dey here grin
Re: Okocha Jokes Over Messi’s £1million Weekly Pay by Newton85: 4:18pm On Aug 11, 2021
Calibrator:
Okocha is all about tricks with a negligible number of end results. He is in the same bracket as present day Ben Arfa, Isco, Ndombele, Maxim of Newcastle and the rest.

He is only held in high regards by Nigerians out of sentiment.

Before you come to my mention and start countering with emotions, ask yourself......

As an attacking midfielder with almost non existent defensive responsibilities, how many goals or assists did he clock during his career? And how many high ranked clubs ever placed a bid for his services?
While Okocha has been ridiculously overhyped by Nigerians, comparing Ben Arfa, Ndombele to him is a grave disrespect. Utter blasphemy!

1 Like

Re: Okocha Jokes Over Messi’s £1million Weekly Pay by Newton85: 4:20pm On Aug 11, 2021
LibertyRep:
...or maybe he came as an African.

Okocha would easily have been in contention for the world best if he was an European in his playing days.
Lol, no be only world best, na Universe best. Since he was an African, how come he never won an African footballer of the year award? So many delusional people in this country.

4 Likes

Re: Okocha Jokes Over Messi’s £1million Weekly Pay by Newton85: 4:23pm On Aug 11, 2021
georgeakins:

Why was he not one of the highest paid players during his time?

Why was he not playing for one of the top clubs? He never played in any champions league matches
While you've made a right point, where did you get your own information that Okocha never played in any Champions League matches? The ones he played for PSG nko? I mean, I could remember him scoring for PSG against Deportivo La Coruna in the Champions League in 2001 or so. PSG ended up losing the match 4-3 after leading 3-0. I remember a certain Walter Pandiani scoring a hattrick (three headers) for Deportivo after coming on from the bench.
Re: Okocha Jokes Over Messi’s £1million Weekly Pay by MyExpression(m): 4:24pm On Aug 11, 2021
kenzysmith:
Africans and money consciousness, dribbling without sense with his funny kind of leg over okocha tried but he is just average that d truth.

He was the highest paid African player when he joined PSG.

Is that what you pay an average player

Wetin dey worry una with hatred for this nairaland sef?!

1 Like

Re: Okocha Jokes Over Messi’s £1million Weekly Pay by BigDawsNet: 4:28pm On Aug 11, 2021
aluyapreston:

Believe mesai net worth at your own peril.
From 2017-202 he earned 500 million euros. That is more than 600 million dollars. For only 3 years o

Messi is the wealthiest footballer in the globe and may be a billionaire

Why is he scared to declare his assets. Rinaldo by Forbes is estates to be 500 million dollars

Yea I believe...
Is like Messi self can buy off some country
Re: Okocha Jokes Over Messi’s £1million Weekly Pay by uthlaw: 4:35pm On Aug 11, 2021
Falomo211:

I just Hope PSG no go terminate him contract las las when dem begin dey choke grin grin grin
that shouldn't be your problem...
Na PSG sign him no b you....stop the jealousy!

2 Likes

Re: Okocha Jokes Over Messi’s £1million Weekly Pay by Chuzoetoh(m): 4:38pm On Aug 11, 2021
Kriss216:

God pass you, Okocha.
I swear down, not to even talk of the other werey; Victor Ikpeba. If I catch that one for umcompi, na broken head shall be his case
Re: Okocha Jokes Over Messi’s £1million Weekly Pay by Newton85: 4:40pm On Aug 11, 2021
MyExpression:

He was the highest paid African player when he joined PSG.

Is that what you pay an average player

Wetin dey worry una with hatred for this nairaland sef?!
Lol, baseless point. A bang average footballer like Andy Carroll was the most expensive British player ever when he was signed for £35 million by Liverpool.
Re: Okocha Jokes Over Messi’s £1million Weekly Pay by Maski87: 4:44pm On Aug 11, 2021
Kolakalagbo,will make you to stop coming quickly

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Members Of 1994 Super Eagles Receive Houses In Owerri (Photos) / Usain Bolt Suffers Injury In The Final Race Of His Career, Breaks Down In Tears / Cristiano Ronaldo Wins 2017 Ballon D’or; His 5th Award (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.