Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,528 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:59 PM

Twitter Agrees To Open Office In Nigeria - Lai Mohammed - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Twitter Agrees To Open Office In Nigeria - Lai Mohammed (33046 Views)

2023: One Of The Most Credible & Transparent Elections In Nigeria – Lai Mohammed / Opposition Behind Naira Frustration In Nigeria: Lai Mohammed / No Persecution Of Christians In Nigeria: Lai Mohammed Replies US Senators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Twitter Agrees To Open Office In Nigeria - Lai Mohammed by manunitedbabes: 7:23am On Aug 12, 2021
grin lai Mohammed at it again...

Hmmmmm we are watching
Re: Twitter Agrees To Open Office In Nigeria - Lai Mohammed by Lymasaba(m): 7:25am On Aug 12, 2021
aribisala0:
Why celebrate without details

Is opening an office the same as registering with CAC?

Not necessarily

The reason Twitter avoids registering is to avoid legal liability so it is important to know the details

Do not assume
You can built and operate business without CAC in Nigeria
Re: Twitter Agrees To Open Office In Nigeria - Lai Mohammed by youngpresidooo: 7:41am On Aug 12, 2021
Sirjamo:
Twitter is losing millions of dollars everyday.

They are negotiating behind closed doors, wailers are running their mouths on social media.
millions daily you say?
Where 80percebt of nigerians are still using it?
Believe lai muhammed at your own risk
Re: Twitter Agrees To Open Office In Nigeria - Lai Mohammed by adedayourt(m): 7:44am On Aug 12, 2021
I will see a statement from Dosey before I believe this lying bastard
Re: Twitter Agrees To Open Office In Nigeria - Lai Mohammed by Houseoflydia: 7:46am On Aug 12, 2021
We shall all be Hale and hearty in 2022 to welcome Twitter office in Nigeria. Amen
Re: Twitter Agrees To Open Office In Nigeria - Lai Mohammed by solofresh(m): 7:55am On Aug 12, 2021
Oga lie Mohammed don come lie for us again early in the morning
Which kain lie be this one na
Re: Twitter Agrees To Open Office In Nigeria - Lai Mohammed by focus7: 8:04am On Aug 12, 2021
Must Buhari government use banning to coarse twitter to open office in Nigeria?
Re: Twitter Agrees To Open Office In Nigeria - Lai Mohammed by Tzar(m): 8:18am On Aug 12, 2021
After all una gra gra?! I am sure FBI has a dossier on each and every clown in this dictatorship. Hush’s exposure was a hint that reset their brains. Sadly, once they play ball with Twitter, the threat will dissipate.
America has interest only for its own… justifiably so.
Re: Twitter Agrees To Open Office In Nigeria - Lai Mohammed by Galaxybar: 8:31am On Aug 12, 2021
OneTemplate:

I personally think it is only a stupid person that will make this about Lai Mohammed and not about Nigeria and her real asset worth most distracted and BBN-focused young Nigerians are ignorant of.

Some Nigerians, based on their personal perspective, love to think Nigeria is worthless and of no use to anything or anyone. Crass, self-limiting and self-destructive ignorance.

Nigeria host the biggest consumer market in Africa and one of the most profitable internet penetration and usage rate in Africa along with being Africa's biggest tech market.

Go and think about those figures and what they may mean for firms like Twitter, and others like them, before you start speaking out of blind hate for Nigeria and her leaders like Buhari, lai Mohammed etal. You should look at the figures and logically think whether Twitter can really afford to ignore or alienate her Nigerian market and users.

Any young Nigerian who continues to see personalities like Buhari and Lai Mohammed, mere mortals who will live and die, rather than focus on ideas that will outlive us all, will never be one of life's clued-on winners like Zuckerberg, Dorsey, Gates etc.

https://www.cgdev.org/reader/new-economy-africa-opportunities-nigerias-emerging-technology-sector?page=0

Nigeria is probably the largest consumer in Africa of a lot of brands and services BUT is one of the most uncomfortable developing markets for operations due to how daft and corrupt our governance system is. If you have spoken with independent investors, particularly FDI and FPI management teams, you’d hear how much they complain. The only thing that seems to work in their favour is how CHEAP labour is and that’s not to the benefit of our citizens is it?

We may be a top revenue and outreach market for twitter but it doesn’t favour them to operate within Nigeria because our previous government was a wh*re and our current government is a MURDEROUS RAP*ST! Sometimes, if you guys would collect your souls back from the devil and reason with a conscience, you’d actually stay mute rather than support MURDERERS with cheap talk and Wikipedia figures.

Whatever you want to counter with is none of my business. I’ve made my point and will definitely not banter with a government loyalist. You all are a bit wonky in the logic department.
Re: Twitter Agrees To Open Office In Nigeria - Lai Mohammed by seunayantokun(m): 8:33am On Aug 12, 2021
Who is winning?
Honestly, I think it's not like there's an outright loser or winner. But it's not 50 - 50.

Twitter hit the terrorist government, by opening his African office in Ghana = 1
Twitter hit the chief executive terrorist again when he threatened to deal with some Nigerians in a language Twitter doesn't accept = 1
The terrorist hit back with an everlasting ban = 1

Twitter was losing lots of income from its biggest revenue base in Africa. Nigerian businesses suffered and people were losing money. Their government was losing tax revenue, etc and Its image damaged further. International pressure mounted on the government as the support enjoyed while waging terrorist activities against Nigerians vanished. Realising there was more to lose both parties came together.

Other things put together, I think Twitter had a points win.
Re: Twitter Agrees To Open Office In Nigeria - Lai Mohammed by Oracleforce: 8:44am On Aug 12, 2021
Basher8583:

Speak for yourself. FG does not need social media for anything. None of them are paying taxes to FG. The online biz being done on Social media is not remitting sh1t to FG.

FG is not doing and financial biz there so how the hell do you think it's important to them.

Social media is used by FG just to keep all your fish brains informed since you have no other life but social media life. Other than that it's an inconsequential channel for information dissemination of public news. There are other channels to do that like their official sites. You go there when you need info.

....in Your sickly mind and dumbass brain, you thought you have made a lot of sense but lemme bursts your bubble, you ain't making any sense...and your myopic senses stinks...

Unfortunately, you are here to fish for current information, and for you to respond ignorantly and stupidly to my comment, you also sign in or login into this platform... This reveals that you have an account on this platform...
I would have kept quiet to your inconsequential and incoherent comment but I have a second thought to respond to your sully and foolish comments and to give you some decorous and diplomatic answer to your frustrated life.
It is unrare stable person can churn out this garbage from. his brain....it is outlandish and unthinkable of a normal. human being...
Now, you said, Federal posted information on their official websites....now, have you ask yourself, how many Federal government websites are functioning optimally or were routinely updated? Some of these government websites are porous for average beginner hackers to hack on...and the information you will. find in their might be wrong...not until you come to social media and get the first-hand information of what is obtainable in such government offices or agencies...
You talked about the company not paying tax...I giggled.....since cattle-rearers have been rearing their cows, how much tax have they been paying to the government coffers....ass-licker crew.....i.know you are hypnotized and inundated to write this pointless comment.
how much of the taxpayer money have any of the three levels of government use judiciously....your president is on medical tourism. The tourist will.be funded by your taxpayer money....18k minimum wages haven't been complied with by some state governors..local government has been rendered as a for lazy-sitters...
Do.you know how much some of us make monthly on social media? Social. media.is no longer for show up for luxury or stupidity like the one just display but a money-spinning venture...
Re: Twitter Agrees To Open Office In Nigeria - Lai Mohammed by aribisala0(m): 8:46am On Aug 12, 2021
Lymasaba:

You can built and operate business without CAC in Nigeria
Tell me one foreign company doing so
Re: Twitter Agrees To Open Office In Nigeria - Lai Mohammed by Zetty177x: 9:28am On Aug 12, 2021
BirtherOfKings:
grin grin grin grin grin they have finally come to their senses. Number 1 in Africa wen it comes to social media is who they are treating with kid gloves..claiming insecurity..even two plots of land is enough to build ur office and Nigerian hires incase anyone wants to kidnap

I couldn't make a single sense of what you wrote! Can u recapitulate?

1 Like

Re: Twitter Agrees To Open Office In Nigeria - Lai Mohammed by ebuclassic18(m): 10:14am On Aug 12, 2021
they will beg twitter to build office but will come out to act like is a command to twitter
Re: Twitter Agrees To Open Office In Nigeria - Lai Mohammed by Basher8583: 10:15am On Aug 12, 2021
Oracleforce:

....in Your sickly mind and dumbass brain, you thought you have made a lot of sense but lemme bursts your bubble, you ain't making any sense...and your myopic senses stinks...

Unfortunately, you are here to fish for current information, and for you to respond ignorantly and stupidly to my comment, you also sign in or login into this platform... This reveals that you have an account on this platform...
I would have kept quiet to your inconsequential and incoherent comment but I have a second thought to respond to your sully and foolish comments and to give you some decorous and diplomatic answer to your frustrated life.
It is unrare stable person can churn out this garbage from. his brain....it is outlandish and unthinkable of a normal. human being...
Now, you said, Federal posted information on their official websites....now, have you ask yourself, how many Federal government websites are functioning optimally or were routinely updated? Some of these government websites are porous for average beginner hackers to hack on...and the information you will. find in their might be wrong...not until you come to social media and get the first-hand information of what is obtainable in such government offices or agencies...
You talked about the company not paying tax...I giggled.....since cattle-rearers have been rearing their cows, how much tax have they been paying to the government coffers....ass-licker crew.....i.know you are hypnotized and inundated to write this pointless comment.
how much of the taxpayer money have any of the three levels of government use judiciously....your president is on medical tourism. The tourist will.be funded by your taxpayer money....18k minimum wages haven't been complied with by some state governors..local government has been rendered as a for lazy-sitters...
Do.you know how much some of us make monthly on social media? Social. media.is no longer for show up for luxury or stupidity like the one just display but a money-spinning venture...

All this long story and yet you still couldnt communicate your thoughts properly.

Please go back to school
Re: Twitter Agrees To Open Office In Nigeria - Lai Mohammed by Reinventerd: 10:24am On Aug 12, 2021
Really
Re: Twitter Agrees To Open Office In Nigeria - Lai Mohammed by Mayowadre(m): 10:26am On Aug 12, 2021
Just wondering.

Does it mean that any tech company with global reach has to open offices in every nation.
Re: Twitter Agrees To Open Office In Nigeria - Lai Mohammed by TruthUntold: 10:39am On Aug 12, 2021
And Arewa twitter is what exactly?
You're real funny �
Thermodynamics:

The people who give twitter the traffic they get from Nigeria are the Southerners, the Yorubas, the Igbos and those in the Niger Delta. Buhari and his Northern zombies nor know wetin be internet, perhaps only about 1% of Northerners use Twitter.
we
Re: Twitter Agrees To Open Office In Nigeria - Lai Mohammed by Horlami247: 10:46am On Aug 12, 2021
motymop:

Which new jobs will be created?

Twitter work with small teams not large teams.

He thought <>Coding-Programming-Datascience-</> na like gala production

My bro it's not like that.

Any way *I need mentor on Coding oooo

Person wey go they lead and give me sweet words say "no worry you go Excel for coding, you go know am" grin
Re: Twitter Agrees To Open Office In Nigeria - Lai Mohammed by ddeola: 11:53am On Aug 12, 2021
Lai..... undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Twitter Agrees To Open Office In Nigeria - Lai Mohammed by IJOBA11: 12:18pm On Aug 12, 2021
EKONGKING:
I cannot believe lie Mohammad.
Let Twitter confirm it na

Wow first time after registering on nairaland , 11 years back. Iam First to comment
CONGRATS MAI GIDA cool
Re: Twitter Agrees To Open Office In Nigeria - Lai Mohammed by ledaman: 1:08pm On Aug 12, 2021
joyandfaith:
It is only a stupid person that would believe lai mohammed
And it is only a stupid person that wouldn't believe him
Re: Twitter Agrees To Open Office In Nigeria - Lai Mohammed by ledaman: 1:10pm On Aug 12, 2021
OneTemplate:

I personally think it is only a stupid person that will make this about Lai Mohammed and not about Nigeria and her real asset worth most distracted and BBN-focused young Nigerians are ignorant of.

Some Nigerians, based on their personal perspective, love to think Nigeria is worthless and of no use to anything or anyone. Crass, self-limiting and self-destructive ignorance.

Nigeria host the biggest consumer market in Africa and one of the most profitable internet penetration and usage rate in Africa along with being Africa's biggest tech market.

Go and think about those figures and what they may mean for firms like Twitter, and others like them, before you start speaking out of blind hate for Nigeria and her leaders like Buhari, lai Mohammed etal. You should look at the figures and logically think whether Twitter can really afford to ignore or alienate her Nigerian market and users.

Any young Nigerian who continues to see personalities like Buhari and Lai Mohammed, mere mortals who will live and die, rather than focus on ideas that will outlive us all, will never be one of life's clued-on winners like Zuckerberg, Dorsey, Gates etc.

https://www.cgdev.org/reader/new-economy-africa-opportunities-nigerias-emerging-technology-sector?page=0

You will succeed in all your endeavors
Re: Twitter Agrees To Open Office In Nigeria - Lai Mohammed by Oracleforce: 1:11pm On Aug 12, 2021
Basher8583:

All this long story and yet you still couldnt communicate your thoughts properly.

Please go back to school

My thought is comprehensive and elusive enough for any mentally sound person...if you can't comprehend my thoughts....probably you know where to go..."yaba left "
Re: Twitter Agrees To Open Office In Nigeria - Lai Mohammed by basadenet: 1:42pm On Aug 12, 2021
Liar Mohammed should not trusted with whatever comes out from his mouth. If truly Twitter is have discussion with FG, at least we would have come across info online.
Re: Twitter Agrees To Open Office In Nigeria - Lai Mohammed by joyandfaith: 2:48pm On Aug 12, 2021
ledaman:
And it is only a stupid person that wouldn't believe him

See my signature
Re: Twitter Agrees To Open Office In Nigeria - Lai Mohammed by tundey4all(m): 4:35pm On Aug 12, 2021
hope this is not another lie?
Re: Twitter Agrees To Open Office In Nigeria - Lai Mohammed by laudate: 4:42pm On Aug 12, 2021
OneTemplate:

It is about Lai Mohammed and his stuvpidity. Twitter gave clear reasons from the onset, why the refused to have an office in Nigeria. Those reasons were as clear as day. At the end of the day, didn't this government prove that Twitter's reasons for refusing to open an office here were valid??

The Gestapo illogical knee jerk reaction, that made the government ban Twitter, shows how clearly clueless the government is.

The president's tweet was deleted, and they banned Twitter immediately, without thinking of the implications on commerce, and businesses run by millions of Nigerians.

What backward mor'ons are in charge of our affairs?

Most tech jobs are done remotely. Of what use will a Twitter office be in Nigeria? How much taxes will they pay, that is so huge in the FG's eyes?

Twitter Action Report for last quarter, shows that this government never even followed the proper channels, to express their grievances and seek redress or deletion of any tweet, that was against national security.

Other nations like France, US, Russia and India did so.....and the offensive tweets were taken down.

But our own government like a spoilt, entitled opinionated toddler, banned them.

A ban that was quickly circumvented by people who used VPN. The bad signal sent to the rest of the world, by government's illogical actions, cannot be quantified.

That is why they will keep messing up your people outside the shores of this country, because your government always takes stewpid decisions that tarnish the respect of this nation.

1 Like

Re: Twitter Agrees To Open Office In Nigeria - Lai Mohammed by laudate: 4:45pm On Aug 12, 2021
motymop:
Which new jobs will be created?

Twitter work with small teams not large teams.

You dey mind dem?? The real nitty gritty work is done in other countries.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Soldiers Arrest Fleeing Boko Haram Terrorists With 100 Motorcycles (Photos) / Wike: Our Preferred Candidate Is A Man Of Integrity. No PDP If G5 Is Expelled / 100 Days: Adeleke Commissions Second Phase Of Dualization Of Osogbo-ila-odo Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.