Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,075 members, 7,818,217 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:37 AM

Alam From Fry Pan To Fire - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alam From Fry Pan To Fire (2227 Views)

They Said Nnamdi Kanu Is Jumping From Frying Pan To Fire...review / From GEJ To PMB, Did We Move From Frying Pan To Fire? Read This Report +photos / Alam's Son:jonathan's Govt Is Insincere -keyamo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alam From Fry Pan To Fire by denex: 5:06pm On Jul 20, 2007
The gate of the government House cost N40 million? Amazing!
Re: Alam From Fry Pan To Fire by denex: 5:26pm On Jul 20, 2007
There's also the contract for fence building around the Governor's and Deputy Governor's lodge at N1.3 billion. That's like the total cost used to build the Great Wall of China! $10,000,000 for fence building.
Re: Alam From Fry Pan To Fire by Mamajama(m): 5:33pm On Jul 20, 2007
All this allegations are old.  The exaggeration that he spent over 400 Milllion on graduation is out of this world, and I don't believe that story. He is corrupt and we can understand but this useless media propaganda is insane
Re: Alam From Fry Pan To Fire by angel101(f): 6:34pm On Jul 20, 2007
Mamajama:

This man may be guilty but the press is not doing him any good, I don't like fabrication, there is no way one man can spend that amount on a graduation, what did he import? crystal? please people lets be reasonable when we read.

my dear mamajama. while i am not saying that he did spend N40m on the graduation party, but i want u to know that it is very possible. take into consideration flight tickets, accomodation, crystal, young girls grin etc. my brother $300k? very probable that he spent it. Ask guys like Lucky now, dem go tell u.
Re: Alam From Fry Pan To Fire by Mamajama(m): 6:38pm On Jul 20, 2007
How many 1st class ticket dose he bought, How many people attended the party from Nigeria, Honey we are here and you and I know $300.000 will go a long way. Even the sweet 16 don't spend that much with all the bling bling. I find it hard to believe that story. Oh maybe he oder couple versace and Amani for the girl?

Angel101 where you been dey all day? I think say IMIGA don catch you, lol grin grin grin
Re: Alam From Fry Pan To Fire by denex: 6:44pm On Jul 20, 2007
He most probably spent N40 million. What I doubted was $40 million, but since that has now been clarified as N40 million, I believe it's possible.

@mamajama

A man that used N40 million to construct a gate can as well use N40 million to celebrate his daughter's graduation.

I'm even suspect that it was the N40 million that was stolen in the name of gate construction that was channeled into daughter's graduation.
Re: Alam From Fry Pan To Fire by angel101(f): 7:23pm On Jul 20, 2007
Mamajama:

Angel101 where you been dey all day? I think say IMIGA don catch you, lol grin grin grin

hmmm e remain small o my brother. I get to escape cos i no wan go back that land of suffering. no light et al grin grin
Re: Alam From Fry Pan To Fire by angel101(f): 7:25pm On Jul 20, 2007
denex:

He most probably spent N40 million. What I doubted was $40 million, but since that has now been clarified as N40 million, I believe it's possible.

@mamajama

A man that used N40 million to construct a gate can as well use N40 million to celebrate his daughter's graduation.

I'm even suspect that it was the N40 million that was stolen in the name of gate construction that was channeled into daughter's graduation.

I beg they should just ask Lucky boy. he will show them how possible it is.
Re: Alam From Fry Pan To Fire by Mamajama(m): 9:42pm On Jul 20, 2007
kai why Lucky no give me big pocket money last time I saw him?
Re: Alam From Fry Pan To Fire by ono(m): 1:25pm On Jul 21, 2007
tboy1:

http://www.utexas.edu/conferences/africa/ads/1361.html

I honestly don't know how I'm going to believe all that's written in that link. I have been adding several millions of British Pounds and US dollars and properties in South Africa and elsewhere that at a point, I asked how much the Federal Allocation to Bayelsa state alone amount to throughout the duration of Alamsco as Governor of Bayelsa State? And how does that compare in dollar terms?

From what I can glean from the link, you must be stupendously rich, richer than an ordinary Governor to own such stuff. The amount of money in the link, converted to Naira would equal or be greater than all the amount of money allocated to Bayelsa state at the time. So, how did he pay civil servants in the state? How did he get the money to build the Niger Delta University? How was he able to pay Julius Berger to construct the major highway connecting Yenagoa to the East West raod at the time? What about the gas turbines that supply electricity to Yenagoa, Kaiama and other places, when Bayelsa was not yet latched on to the national grid?

And I believe the cost of that gate must have been inflated. I have seen the government house gate at Yenagoa. That gate couldn't have been that expensive. Some mischief makers are at work here.

My people, like I said earlier, there's no doubt that Alams stole. But that he stole that much is what I cannot swallow.
Re: Alam From Fry Pan To Fire by Mamajama(m): 1:34pm On Jul 21, 2007
Thank you ono, that is what I keep telling people, the guy stole and it was wrong, but we must chastise all this useless media with their ridiculous front page caption. They are destroying Nigerians moral with all this fabrications, Not until one of this false media houses is hit with a deformation law suit. we will continue to be misled
Re: Alam From Fry Pan To Fire by denex: 1:36pm On Jul 21, 2007
Alams and the contractors that built the gate maintain that it cost N40 million.

Any gate that is more than a million Naira is suspicious. Even automated gates gan are not that expensive.

That man thief those money O! Let's not forget too that he was helping oil bunkerer in the Niger-Delta to launder their money. That is why MEND wants him freed so that their millions will not remain locked in his account.
Re: Alam From Fry Pan To Fire by ono(m): 3:37pm On Jul 21, 2007
denex:

Alams and the contractors that built the gate maintain that it cost N40 million.

Any gate that is more than a million Naira is suspicious. Even automated gates gan are not that expensive.

That man thief those money O! Let's not forget too that he was helping oil bunkerer in the Niger-Delta to launder their money. That is why MEND wants him freed so that their millions will not remain locked in his account.

Please provide concrete evidence to show that he accepted he spent that much on that gate. Well, I wouldn't know how ''fortified'' - in terms of gadgets and all that gate may be, and maybe he inflated the cost of constructing and installing the gate, but isn't that what many Nigerians in power are known for? Even OBJ, ministers, Permanent Secretaries, etc etc have inflated several contracts sums on projects executed in their domains. OBJ even bought a house for his graduating son in New York. So, why is the kettle crying at the roof top that the pot is black, when we can see it's bottom? This is not to say that his actions are right, but the way the media is going about him is ridiculous. Right from the time they painted a picture of him in women clothings, I knew something was amiss, and that the whole issue of Alams thievery was a frame up.

Crude oil binkering is not an issue here. A whole ship loaded with crude oil - MT African Pride, was declared missing under the watch of the Nigerian Navy. Some heads had to roll that time. But, by the way, where was it clearly written that Alams was involved in crude oil theft in the creek? With the plethora of charges brought against him in that link, one wonder why they could not include his involvement in the shipment of crude to the UK or elsewhere as one of his sins.
Re: Alam From Fry Pan To Fire by angel101(f): 4:12pm On Jul 21, 2007
@ono

Right from the time they painted a picture of him in women clothings, I knew something was amiss, and that the whole issue of Alams thievery was a frame up.

na wa 4 u o! was he caught with £1m cash or not? where does the frame up come in? Isnt there evidence of hi money laundering through his foreign accounts with the MET? Lets be objective here please.
Re: Alam From Fry Pan To Fire by ono(m): 4:41pm On Jul 21, 2007
Madam,
Granted, he indeed pilfered public funds while he was in office. It's the way people swallow what the media reels out, hook line and sinker that's baffling.

And since we all agree that anyone in power in Nigeria generally have a tendency to steal public funds, and 100% of the time, these people do, why are we making so much noise about Alams's case? If you say it's because of the[b] amount of money involved[/b], well, I think you need to do some inward searching to see those who are looting us blind in this country.
Re: Alam From Fry Pan To Fire by ono(m): 4:46pm On Jul 21, 2007
And what if he had a million pound sterling on him when he went to London. We have heard of worst cases.  Andy Uba had more cash than that when he accompanied OBJ to a program in the US. Abeg make una go chill somewhere.
Re: Alam From Fry Pan To Fire by denex: 5:19pm On Jul 21, 2007
@ono

you want me to provide concrete evidence that N40 was collected for gate building? When it was Alams and the contractors who claimed this themselves. Is it not madness for the prosecution to be providing evidence to back up the defence's case? I have no evidence. It is Alams that should produce evidence.

For somebody to quickly admit that he used N40 million to construct gate, then I believe it may have been more.

Then you're talking about gadgets in a gate. What kind of gadgets? Does the gate serve cold beer on Sunny days? Or does it give the guards a back massage? Please stop it!

Do you know what it means to carry GBP1 million cash? That means you have much more where that came from.

Andy Uba wasn't carrying up to $1 million cash when he went to the USA.
Re: Alam From Fry Pan To Fire by ono(m): 5:40pm On Jul 21, 2007
denex:

@ono

you want me to provide concrete evidence that N40 was collected for gate building? When it was Alams and the contractors who claimed this themselves. Is it not madness for the prosecution to be providing evidence to back up the defence's case? I have no evidence. It is Alams that should produce evidence.

For somebody to quickly admit that he used N40 million to construct gate, then I believe it may have been more.

Then you're talking about gadgets in a gate. What kind of gadgets? Does the gate serve cold beer on Sunny days? Or does it give the guards a back massage? Please stop it!

Do you know what it means to carry GBP1 million cash? That means you have much more where that came from.

Andy Uba wasn't carrying up to $1 million cash when he went to the USA.

Can I safely say then that there was nowhere where the claims of a N40million naira gate was made at anytime? Thanks.

Nowadays it's fashionable to see wonder-gates in government circles and in the corporate world. Gates with devices that can transmit messages about the identity of who ever is approaching it to the host. Gates that can fling wide open at the instance of the host, without him having any maiguard opening it. Gates that reads your ID cards, accept you and then fling open for you to go in. Gates that are bullet proof, theft deterrent, anti-touch, etc etc. Those surely are expensive gates.

We have such gates where I work.

Andy Uba carried $1 million Dollars, Alams carried 1 Million Pounds. All na thief thief. I did not exonerate Alams of theft. Neither did I for OBJ and his ilks. Get the message?
Re: Alam From Fry Pan To Fire by denex: 6:49pm On Jul 21, 2007
@ono

No! You cannot safely say that. Follow the link below to see the claim of the contract to Amboy Nigeria Ltd. This claim was made when the MD of Amboy was asked to explain the several transfers between his company account and that of Santolina.

Thank you very much.

http://www.wetlandnews.net/alams.htm

Now, back to the issue of the gate, the price of automated gates cost about $1,000. Why does Alameseigha's own have to be more than $300,000? Or does the Government House in Bayelsa have 300 gates?

If you want to know the difference between $1 million and GBP1 million, I'll suggest you go to your bank and loan GBP1 million, I'll go to mine and loan $1 million, then we'll exchange.

And by the way, Andy Uba didn't take up to $1 million to the USA. It was $170,000.
Re: Alam From Fry Pan To Fire by ono(m): 8:06pm On Jul 21, 2007
I did a bit of reading up myself and I found out that the amount stated as carried by Alams in his plane (1 million GBP) were the monies he allegedly carried with his entourage on his way to London.

The last time i checked the word ''allege'' in a dictionary, it means: to assert without proof So, I can safely say, then, that until such a time as the British Police come up with this amount, transferred back to the Bayelsa State Government account, I will not believe their claims.

I have repeatedly told you guys on NL to desist from believing everything you read on a newspaper website. How popular is that newspaper? Have they done any serious investigation in the past that led to some fruitful discoveries we can call facts? Who is their editor-in-chief? Is he a man of good repute amongst journalists?
Then, statements like the one quoted below does not go down as facts.

On his relationship with Santolina Investment, Uzamene stated that it was as a result of a property he bought from D.S.P. Alamieyeseigha some where at Port-Harcourt, Nigeria, for the sum of 430 million through the Governors lawyer a certain Barrister Yusuf

Where is this property located in Portharcourt? Why do you have to buy the property for so much? If they could come up with the amount of money involved in the deals, they should be able to give us a link to their claims.

All i'm driving at is rational thinking, not just accepting stories as they come.

Your amount of money for an automated gate for a government house is ridiculous. My laptop ( a typical one for that matter) costs much more than a thousand dollars. And you want me to believe that an automated gate is just that meagre amount? Think again.

I'm beginning to think that gate is worth N40 million naira. I don't care what people who have not been to Yenagoa to see this gate would say.
Re: Alam From Fry Pan To Fire by denex: 10:45pm On Jul 21, 2007
Automated gate wey dey private individuals house for Magodo? So you think an automated gate should be more expensive than your laptop? Does an automated gate perform better functions than your laptop?

Anyhow, attempt to buy an automated gate on the internet and see how much the retail prices are.

If an automated gate in costs $300,000 then there won't be enough money left to build the mainhouse.
Re: Alam From Fry Pan To Fire by ono(m): 3:02pm On Jul 23, 2007
No need to reply.
Re: Alam From Fry Pan To Fire by denex: 3:17pm On Jul 23, 2007
You mean No Reply?
Re: Alam From Fry Pan To Fire by Mamajama(m): 3:33pm On Jul 23, 2007
stop all this fighting please, its only Monday, no need to continue this way, ALARM is guilty of corruption yes, did he steal what is been projected? that is the big question EFCC has to proof, and all this media need to be ethical when presenting news to the public. not just sugar coat it for us.
Re: Alam From Fry Pan To Fire by denex: 3:44pm On Jul 23, 2007
My own bone of contention is that, ono denied that ALARM gave out more than $300,000 for a gate to be built. After I showed him the link where the company Amboy Nigeria Ltd was justifying the price of the gate, ono came back to say he believed the gate must have really cost more than $300,000 (N40 million). Which kain gate be that wey cost pass two luxury mansions?

Does that mean that if ALARM should posit that the earth is flat, some people would agree just because they believe he is being made a scapegoat?
Re: Alam From Fry Pan To Fire by angel101(f): 3:56pm On Jul 23, 2007
denex:

Does that mean that if ALARM should posit that the earth is flat, some people would agree just because they believe he is being made a scapegoat?

LOl!! I wonder oh. If he did not committ, there would be hardly any way of roping him. Wether they are being selective or not, i am yet to see an innocent one among the ones being 'victimised' or 'set up'. I beg joo, the chicken has come home to roost. more of this I say.
Re: Alam From Fry Pan To Fire by dulabergen: 7:19pm On Mar 06, 2008
I think fraud and looting of public money in Nigeria should be punishable by death. I don't see why some of these bad leaders are still alive. He should have long been dead. Is he more important than any ordinary Nigeria?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fake Sss Report In Ondo State. / The Ekumeku War Of Western Igboland / Gov. Rotimi Amechi In SHILLOW 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.