Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,707 members, 7,809,687 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:11 PM

Who Remembers Checkmate On N T A - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Who Remembers Checkmate On N T A (405 Views)

THROWBACK: Remember The "CHECKMATE" Soap Opera Of Yesteryears? / Reminiscence: Checkmate the Popular Nigerian TV Soap Opera Series) / Aroma Ufodike Of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire: Who Remembers This Man? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Remembers Checkmate On N T A by Saifullah01: 6:27pm On Aug 11, 2021
Checkmate (1991-1994)

For three years Nigerians were held spellbound by the Sunday night soap opera. Created and written by the late Amaka Igwe, Checkmate was the tale of the aristocratic family Haatrope trying to survive attacks from enemies both inside and outside of the family.

The soap opera introduced many to Ego Boyo, the late Francis Agu, Norbert Young and the charismatic Richard Mofe Damijo who played the role of Segun Kadiri. Checkmate also touched on societal issues such as cultism and polygamy too.

Who will forget the star studded Soap Opera Check Mate,where Richard Mofe -Damijo and Ego Boyo, were engaged in an uending love tango.We can not forget the immortal comic lines of Uche Obi Ositule who played a house girl in the Soap and said,”In Lagos ,Any where you go fry over ,any where you go fry over ,In short, Lagos is fry over “.

Re: Who Remembers Checkmate On N T A by Papa12(m): 6:29pm On Aug 11, 2021
guess I was still in heaven then
Re: Who Remembers Checkmate On N T A by DoggoneDogg: 6:38pm On Aug 11, 2021
[s][quote author=Saifullah01 post=104683549][/quote][/s]

Go & marry papa mmadu
Re: Who Remembers Checkmate On N T A by Saifullah01: 9:09pm On Aug 11, 2021
DoggoneDogg:
[s][/s]

Go & marry papa mmadu

smiley
Am I that old
Re: Who Remembers Checkmate On N T A by Passionate888: 6:44am On Aug 12, 2021
Was just talking to my mom about it yesterday
Re: Who Remembers Checkmate On N T A by richmond500: 7:15am On Aug 12, 2021
This thing aired even in early 2000 sef

(1) (Reply)

Bbnaija S6 Update: I’m Attracted To ‘maria’s Personality, Not Maria Herself’, / See Housemates Most Likely To Be Evicted On Sunday Based On Online Poll / Hollywood And Gay Agenda. What Will Nigeria Government Do.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.