Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,127 members, 7,835,798 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

2023: Igbos Can’t Produce President, They’re Not United – Ex-minister, Ogunlewe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Igbos Can’t Produce President, They’re Not United – Ex-minister, Ogunlewe (299 Views)

Someone That Can’t Produce A Councilor Is Endorsing Candidate - Bashir Ahmad / I Didn’t Say Igbo Can’t Produce President – Oluwo Of Iwoland / You Have Failed – Peter Obi Slams Amaechi Over Igbos Can’t Succeed Buhari Claim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: Igbos Can’t Produce President, They’re Not United – Ex-minister, Ogunlewe by valentineuwakwe(m): 11:07pm On Aug 11, 2021
Adeseye Ogunlewe, a former Minister of Works, has said the southeast cannot produce a president in 2023.

Ogunlewe said the inability of the people of the southeast to unite under a common leadership would work against their presidential ambition.

He disclosed this while featuring on Arise TV’s ‘The Morning Show’ programme on Wednesday.

The former minister also pointed out that the lack of cohesion among the southeast people would work against them.

He said: “Another set of people that are appropriate, they are the people from the Southeast but they have the problem of leadership.

“They are so endowed that they are spread all over Nigeria and they can gather a lot of votes, but they are too divided. An Imo person, an Enugu person, an Ebonyi man will not listen to themselves.

“They have the money. If they sit down and aggregate what they can offer, they have more money than almost everybody in Nigeria.

“But have you seen one person from the south-east that said ‘I am interested in the presidency, I will start to campaign all over Nigeria immediately, raise money for me?’ and influence the structure of the party?”

Source: https://dailypost.ng/2021/08/11/2023-igbos-cant-produce-president-theyre-not-united-ex-minister-ogunlewe/

1 Like

Re: 2023: Igbos Can’t Produce President, They’re Not United – Ex-minister, Ogunlewe by Fahdiga(m): 11:10pm On Aug 11, 2021
Every Tom, Dick and Harry are now using Igbo and IPOB to get unmerited attention. I know Ogunlewe very well and I'm sure he has not been taking his drugs of recent. Thank God his next appointment with his Doctor is next week Monday and I'm sure the Doctor would have been reading all this trash he has been saying. Time to put him on chains again

1 Like

Re: 2023: Igbos Can’t Produce President, They’re Not United – Ex-minister, Ogunlewe by Ibaaboy(m): 11:47pm On Aug 11, 2021
wetin concern us

Re: 2023: Igbos Can’t Produce President, They’re Not United – Ex-minister, Ogunlewe by alanto: 12:54am On Aug 12, 2021
Fahdiga:
Every Tom, Dick and Harry are now using Igbo and IPOB to get unmerited attention. I know Ogunlewe very well and I'm sure he has not been taking his drugs of recent. Thank God his next appointment with his Doctor is next week Monday and I'm sure the Doctor would have been reading all this trash he has been saying. Time to put him on chains again
In your mind. Like deep down, like Inside the core depth of your mind. Did he lie?
Re: 2023: Igbos Can’t Produce President, They’re Not United – Ex-minister, Ogunlewe by gr8t1: 1:01am On Aug 12, 2021
I know you are trying 2 get our (IPOB) attention ���...... I'm giving you one.....go to hell ⏩� we don't need ur post @Nigeria...
we have a great leader already
#mazi-nnamdi-kanu.......in Biafra we stand�����������������

(1) (Reply)

IP0B Q & A / CBN Secures Order Freezing Risevest, Bamboo Accounts Over ‘illegal FX’ / Youth Development In River State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.