Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

What Is The Difference Between Witholding Truth And Lieing? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Is The Difference Between Witholding Truth And Lieing? (344 Views)

Get Ready For Season 3 Of Truth And Life Series / Difference between A Santa Claus and A Father Christmas (Photos) / What Is The Difference Between The Exclusive And Concurrent List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Difference Between Witholding Truth And Lieing? by OneMarvee(f): 12:05am On Aug 12, 2021
I have had conversations with certain people and I felt angry that they were not being completely honest with me?
Apparently some folks would claim that they did not lie they only withheld the truth, but what is the difference?
What do you think?

Shower thoughts with OneMarvee- E1S9
Re: What Is The Difference Between Witholding Truth And Lieing? by DonCandido(f): 12:41am On Aug 12, 2021
No difference.

A lie is the truth witheld!

Re: What Is The Difference Between Witholding Truth And Lieing? by caesymore(m): 6:41am On Aug 12, 2021
Lying brings your quest for truth to a halt believing you have gotten the truth
While withholding the truths keeps the situation vague and making you know there are blanks yet to be filled so your quest for truth continues.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Witholding Truth And Lieing? by OneMarvee(f): 11:07am On Aug 12, 2021
But would you consider that a sin or a wrong deed? Or are there really situations where a person is neither living nor telling the truth?
caesymore:
Lying brings your quest for truth to a halt believing you have gotten the truth
While withholding the truths keeps the situation vague and making you know there are blanks yet to be filled so your quest for truth continues.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Witholding Truth And Lieing? by caesymore(m): 7:04am On Aug 13, 2021
OneMarvee:
But would you consider that a sin or a wrong deed? Or are there really situations where a person is neither living nor telling the truth?

Lying is a sin and a wrong deed, though in some situations lying can seem like an easy way out and their are situations were one is neither lying nor telling the truth.

(1) (Reply)

Bayelsa Born Philanthropist Appreciate His Drivers, Gifts Them Vehicles / How Legit Is Octa Fx Trading Investment / I Am A Chanyuan Celestial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.