Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:36 PM

I Was Raped By Brother-in-law On Trip To Naija - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Was Raped By Brother-in-law On Trip To Naija (3710 Views)

Twelve-year-old Girl Raped By Aunty’s Customer, Son Within One Week (pic) / Woman Stabs Brother-In-Law To Death In Lagos (Pictured) / He Was Raped By Fellow Boys Because Of His Feminine Voice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was Raped By Brother-in-law On Trip To Naija by Tanna(f): 6:33am On Jul 19, 2007
My husband has not been home in 15 years so we went to Abuja to visit. I met all the family and had a great time. Everyone complimented me on how pretty I was, so when his particular brother always looking at me lustfully - I ignored it - and try not to have a big head for being attractive.

My husband and I were given this brother's room to stay for our visit. The night before we came back to the US. he and all his brothers, and cousins, and old pals from school went out to party and drink. This one brother came back to the house early because he had work the next day.

He came into the bedroom and I was there asleep. At first I thought it was my husband, but
the way he approach me for sex was not my husband style - and my husband already told me no sex for us in his family's house.

I said "Who is this?" - he said "I know you want me - i've been catching your eye too". He was very drunk I think from the smell of his breath. This man forced himself on me sexually. I DID Fight him to get off me, but I never screamed because I did not want to wake the house or be caught in this horrible situation. Finally I lay there and hoped it would end quickly.

Later My hubby came back and I pretended to be asleep. I was shocked.

The next day we were at the airport to fly back to the US. I was very quiet and acting sad He thought I was just sick.

I never told my husband what happened. I was too scared and ashamed. The thought that I would even claim this has happened to me would tear his family apart - and he was just seeing them after 15 years of absence.

Now it's 3 months later and I am pregnant. My husband had a vasectomy 3 years ago so I cannot tell my husband I am pregnant - talk less of saying I am pregnant cause his own flesh and blood attacked me during our trip to his home.

I don't know if this brother planned to do this since I was leaving the country the next day, or maybe because he was drunk and knew no better - I really do not care. I feel like a used animal and my husband may beat or divorce me when he learns I am pregnant because he will think I have committed adultery.

WHAT DO I DO?
Re: I Was Raped By Brother-in-law On Trip To Naija by OgidiBoy(m): 6:55am On Jul 19, 2007
Sounds like a Nollywood script to me lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

5 Likes

Re: I Was Raped By Brother-in-law On Trip To Naija by nuttyproff(m): 7:44am On Jul 19, 2007
if u really went thru all that : so sorry for u, tell him and get it over with or abort the babe,
but if u did not and u're just makin it up, u really need help
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Re: I Was Raped By Brother-in-law On Trip To Naija by mellow(m): 8:24am On Jul 19, 2007
I don't know why a tini wini voice is telling me not to believe

this story. Someone was rapping you and it turned to be your

brother in-law and you did not scream cos you don't want to

wake up the neighbourhood. Look, lets be frank, this story sound

too real to be true. Now you are pregnant you ask what shall you do?

Do what you should have done in the first place and tell your husband.

Froget about his family and look out for your immediate family. Remember

whether you like it or not, for this singular, your family will never be the same

again. And you know what? you caused it and he knew you would not scream that

was why he had the guts to come to you in the family's house.In other words, you

encouraged him. You should have shouted. Sorry about the way I sound. You see I am

married too If you know what I mean.

1 Like

Re: I Was Raped By Brother-in-law On Trip To Naija by sosilly4b(m): 10:37am On Jul 19, 2007
Tanna its so unfortunate that you felll a victim of this wicked man.Honestly i expect a married woman to be more bold and harsh when it comes to people playing with her integrity or making advances she wouldnt stand in any length.You said before then he looks at you lustfully,this shows you are already thinking in that direction.For you to have kept quiet during the time he was having sex with you dosen't portray you as a principled married woman at all.You have less things to protect being an American citizen on a visit to Nigeria.In the man's case he has everything to protect.He wouldnt want his name to spoil in his vicinity,at work,within the familye.t.c.You could have saved yourself from this if you had cried out,BUT ITS never too late.Prepare your husband mind for a great confession and tell him it might lead to something he may divorce you but you just felt it would be unfair to treat like that after listening to your story.With that,tell him the story as it went.

NOTE:DOING EXCESSIVELY GOOD TO HIM AT HOME MAY NOT HELP THE ISSUE.BE CALM AND SOBER LET HIM GET WORRIED THAT YOUR HEART IS TROUBLED.iF HE NOTICED THEN IT WOULD BE A GREAT OPPORTUNITY TO DIVULGE.
Re: I Was Raped By Brother-in-law On Trip To Naija by nossycheek(f): 12:21pm On Jul 19, 2007
Story Story Storyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Re: I Was Raped By Brother-in-law On Trip To Naija by desgiezd(m): 12:44pm On Jul 19, 2007
An extremely ridiculous story. How could you have just laid there expecting that he would be over with it quickly? I'm tempted to believe that you didnt scream because you wanted to have a feel of him. You didnt even realise that he could be an HIV infected person thereby infecting you and you transfering it to your husband. You didnt realise that your own dignity and that of your immediate family was at stake. You claimed you didnt scream because you didnt want to wake the house and you didnt want to be caught in that situation. Would it not have been better to scream and wake up the whole of Abuja and earn everybody's respect and put a big shame on the rapist? The way I see it is that you lusted after him and he reciprocated. Please, save your innocent husband the agony of having to find out by himself (when your tummy begins to protrude) by finding a way of telling him now. :shame::shame::shame:

1 Like

Re: I Was Raped By Brother-in-law On Trip To Naija by Tanna(f): 1:26pm On Jul 19, 2007
I did fight back. Yes part of me feels it was my fought for thinking his lustful looks were a compliment.
I was fat for many years and my husband said I should lose weight before going to see his family and I did. So, this attention I was getting in my new skinny body was new to me, but I in NO WAY wanted to have SEX with this man just because I was flattered. cry
Re: I Was Raped By Brother-in-law On Trip To Naija by sosilly4b(m): 1:57pm On Jul 19, 2007
By the way tanny how you a white woman?
Re: I Was Raped By Brother-in-law On Trip To Naija by Tanna(f): 1:59pm On Jul 19, 2007
I am black.
Re: I Was Raped By Brother-in-law On Trip To Naija by LILDICEs: 2:04pm On Jul 19, 2007
this story sound made up girl you sound like a igbo women that's trina get an attention.
Re: I Was Raped By Brother-in-law On Trip To Naija by sosilly4b(m): 2:13pm On Jul 19, 2007
If you had claimed to be white i would have understood that you may not know the gravity or what a tabboo it is for a married woman to have slept with another man but it is suprising that you are a black woman.Honestly shuold say that uhmmmm anyway just pray your husband turns out to be an understanding person(extremely cool man).Nothing is a big problem though.There sure must be a way out.
Re: I Was Raped By Brother-in-law On Trip To Naija by desgiezd(m): 2:57pm On Jul 19, 2007
@ LILDICE$

What has this got to do with ibo woman? Pls, lets not introduce tribalism into this very interesting thread.
Re: I Was Raped By Brother-in-law On Trip To Naija by MILITIA(f): 5:01pm On Jul 19, 2007
This is definitely not a Nigeria  woman! If you are an "akata"---- then I am not surprised! Ewu! angry BTW, what is wrong with you? Why did you post this here and in the Family section too? angry
Re: I Was Raped By Brother-in-law On Trip To Naija by redwoman(f): 5:09pm On Jul 19, 2007
It really doe not matter what race or nationality this woman belongs to, if this story is true the fact that she was raped is bad enough, although i do agree that you should have screamed for help, this could have added alot of validity to your story. and you most definately should have told your husband before you left nigeria. i also know how it feels to be in a country and feel vunerable. I hope that you do tell your husband, that is if you feel you can do so without being hurt, it is one thing to be divorce but it is intirely different for your husband to inflict bodily injury. You are between a rock and a hard place. I wish you luck with whatever you decide to do. Much love

Redwoman
Re: I Was Raped By Brother-in-law On Trip To Naija by MILITIA(f): 5:32pm On Jul 19, 2007
Please, this is not a Nigerian and it matters the race/nationality because you cannot come out here and start talking abominations here!  In as much as I have my beef with Nigeria--- this kind of topic is off limits!  This is one of those loose "akata" sisters when no dey see "prick" refuse ---- even from mad man!  Ah-ah! angry  Let her come out and tell us where she is from.  Not to say such things do not happen in Nigeria----------but for a   visiting family-----------this is far fetched! Kai! angry
Re: I Was Raped By Brother-in-law On Trip To Naija by OmoEko1(f): 9:02pm On Jul 19, 2007
Tales by moonlight cool cool cool cool cool, story storyyyyyyyy
Re: I Was Raped By Brother-in-law On Trip To Naija by spoilt(f): 9:16pm On Jul 19, 2007
its suprising how people can get very judgemental and verbally abusive without even knowing you or your details. y'all dont have to believe her post. because you dont believe it doesnt mean it didnt happen! i guess that even though its 2007 people still believe that if a woman is assaulted then she must have asked for it. if that's not shallow thinking then i dont know what is! angry
Re: I Was Raped By Brother-in-law On Trip To Naija by DisGuy: 10:38pm On Jul 19, 2007
I never told my husband what happened. I was too scared and ashamed. The thought that I would even claim this has happened to me would tear his family apart - and he was just seeing them after 15 years of absence.

so? lipsrsealed
Re: I Was Raped By Brother-in-law On Trip To Naija by ximmy: 2:58am On May 20, 2009
very home videoish, boring!!!
Re: I Was Raped By Brother-in-law On Trip To Naija by kalmebad(f): 3:59pm On May 20, 2009
@ poster

As much as i feel sorry for u IF and [b]IF[ actually this story is told the way it happened, i also condemn you for concealing the truth just to make things right, now how right are they?

What is d harm of crying for help when it is actually needed

And how on earth will u keep such away from you husband, for how long do u intend doing this?

If you had told him d truth, a lot of wrong would have been AVERTED, now how do u intend to deal with the pregnancy?? On this particular note, you should have known what measure to take to prevent the pregnancy since ur idea is to hide it from your husband in order not to put assunder and riffs in his family.

Did your brother in-law also not tot of this before engaging in dis dirty and unspeakable act left me wondering.

A stitch in time they say saves Nine, (u failed to take this into cognisance's) now i don't kwn wat to do sincerely if am ur husband. I only hope and pray he handles this like a man and d news? hope eventually doesn't break him into pieces.
Re: I Was Raped By Brother-in-law On Trip To Naija by tpiah: 5:38pm On May 20, 2009
she should have screamed!!!

the end. undecided
Re: I Was Raped By Brother-in-law On Trip To Naija by blackspade(m): 6:45pm On May 20, 2009
Any updates on this story, I notice the OP is still active on NL (since Apr 2009).
Re: I Was Raped By Brother-in-law On Trip To Naija by Recognise: 8:10pm On May 20, 2009
[size=16pt]@^[/size]

Yeah, OP could be active

but doesn't drop in or by the Crimes forum anymore naimean wink
Re: I Was Raped By Brother-in-law On Trip To Naija by cicero(m): 8:32pm On Jul 03, 2009
How old are you?
You recognized his lustful looks and 'decided' they were 'compliments', a married woman?
When you realized it was not your husband, you 'relaxed' because you did not want to disturb the family?
If this is a true story, then I pity your husband.
Re: I Was Raped By Brother-in-law On Trip To Naija by sweetpie23: 1:47pm On Jul 13, 2009
why would someone come here when they get raped? what are the police for undecided
Re: I Was Raped By Brother-in-law On Trip To Naija by rasputinn(m): 9:10pm On Aug 05, 2009
nossycheek:

Story Story Storyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Once upona time,tiiime,tiiime grin grin
Re: I Was Raped By Brother-in-law On Trip To Naija by mamag3: 1:05am On Aug 07, 2009
Nollywood has hired another Director. grin
Re: I Was Raped By Brother-in-law On Trip To Naija by mamagee6(f): 5:27pm On Aug 08, 2009
What a crazy gay!!!!
Re: I Was Raped By Brother-in-law On Trip To Naija by kshow1(m): 9:04pm On Aug 08, 2009
Omo Eko:

Tales by moonlight cool cool cool cool cool, story storyyyyyyyy

Need not say more
Re: I Was Raped By Brother-in-law On Trip To Naija by toprealman: 2:24pm On May 27, 2017
OgidiBoy:
Sounds like a Nollywood script to me lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Poor script at that. An ant is crawling on you, you didn't want to hurt yourself in an attempt to kill it...blahblahblah.
Re: I Was Raped By Brother-in-law On Trip To Naija by GOFRONT(m): 7:04am On May 28, 2017
Shey una see as HIV the use spread....

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Human Leg Spotted On The 3rd Mainland Bridge In Lagos (Photo) / Moment Neighbor Shot A Couple Dead In Pennsylvania Over Snow Dispute (Graphic) / Gang Of Girls Attack A Young Girl, Beat Her Over Boyfriend (graphic Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.