Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,744 members, 7,827,742 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:08 PM

Poor Condition Of UNIPORT Students' Hostels (Pictures & Video) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Poor Condition Of UNIPORT Students' Hostels (Pictures & Video) (32261 Views)

Photos Of Uniport / Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) / NDU Students' Hostels, Lodge Flooded (PHOTOS, VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Poor Condition Of UNIPORT Students' Hostels (Pictures & Video) by Ferrous(m): 3:19pm On Aug 12, 2021
Sometimes, students should be blamed. I stayed there in 2017 (block B) when they renovated it through the intervention of NEEDS ASSESSMENT, Some students are so dirty and irresponsible.

2 Likes

Re: Poor Condition Of UNIPORT Students' Hostels (Pictures & Video) by Ferrous(m): 3:21pm On Aug 12, 2021
poshestmina:
MANDELA!!!
Those boys are PIGS!!!
it's obviously poor maintenance by the people living in it .

It's only to gather and insult female passersby they know grin grin.
Very troublesome hostel that year, you'll have to pray and walk fast while passing there.

Hahaha! I feel ur pain
Re: Poor Condition Of UNIPORT Students' Hostels (Pictures & Video) by Reinventerd: 3:21pm On Aug 12, 2021
Yuck
Re: Poor Condition Of UNIPORT Students' Hostels (Pictures & Video) by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 3:24pm On Aug 12, 2021
Bigfish121:
Mandela hostel that year.it was renovated in the year 2017 by Tetfund.its just last of maintenance culture that brought it to this state.
A very very shody job was done, I was there. On the day of the commissioning, I remember the drainage pipes of Claude Ake hostels where dripping with waste water already. That school management is a disgrace! The job was approved and the contractors fully paid.

3 Likes

Re: Poor Condition Of UNIPORT Students' Hostels (Pictures & Video) by Doggedseller: 3:25pm On Aug 12, 2021
Nelson Mandela hostel. Those boys living there are dirty, they dont keep there environment clean

1 Like

Re: Poor Condition Of UNIPORT Students' Hostels (Pictures & Video) by Alvin212(m): 3:25pm On Aug 12, 2021
inspirator1:

Just sequel to Mbanefor Hostel UNN!

Who born that girl wey go enter the hostel. If you cry from the shout of Tanker! Tanker!!, you go cry because the very guy wey carry come go disembark. You will be surprised to see fellowship brethren in this charade.

The only hostel wey no get night and day; everytime there's noise. Don't even talk of our "common room", you dey mad? Who born you, you know who i be? Chai! But funny enough, most brainy guys for uni that year full that hostel.

Finally, this is just a phase in the life of every Nigeria student in public schools, if you don't experience it, you won't get the fun. Most of us wey dey off campus dey envy their social security, fun and brotherhood...sometimes we sneak in to catch the cruise.

Tanker! Tanker!! Tanker!!!

Mbanefo

Ok

That year
Much fun though

Some of us who lived closer to Nkurumah
Enjoyed it most

1 Like

Re: Poor Condition Of UNIPORT Students' Hostels (Pictures & Video) by KensonAbule(m): 3:28pm On Aug 12, 2021
I rep Unique Uniport.
Mandela Hostel and NDDC Hostel needs urgent attention.
But it's fun for the occupants.
Re: Poor Condition Of UNIPORT Students' Hostels (Pictures & Video) by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 3:30pm On Aug 12, 2021
valentineuwakwe:
Ask the immediate past VC wetin him used funds allocated for building n maintaining hostels do. ....shebi him n his wife don run go England. ....
That short man that likes wearing Papa's cap. My experience in Portharcourt that year proved to me that the southerner is his worst enemy. They handled the renovation anyhow and ended up short changing the students.

1 Like

Re: Poor Condition Of UNIPORT Students' Hostels (Pictures & Video) by Nobody: 3:32pm On Aug 12, 2021
Alvin212:

Mbanefo

Ok

That year
Much fun though

Some of us who lived closer to Nkurumah
Enjoyed it most

Nkrumah was PG but later heard the turn am to boys and girls hostel..chai! When men has left school...

Well I trust Mbanefor boys...those girls go kukuma turn to agbero or just leave that zone cause dem go pilot there like no man's land.

Even with PG dem den..we dey chance o esp when fetching water from the reservoir between the two hostels.

1 Like

Re: Poor Condition Of UNIPORT Students' Hostels (Pictures & Video) by Cromagnon: 3:41pm On Aug 12, 2021
Fahdiga:
Even a piggery farm in a western country is more presentable than this eyesore in a federal university under Buhari's administration
yes, it became an eyesore only under buhari. Do you people listen to what comes out of your mouth at all? In your eyes that looks like a 6 year old eyesore? Na so blindness de worry una?
Re: Poor Condition Of UNIPORT Students' Hostels (Pictures & Video) by Okhuadams(m): 3:41pm On Aug 12, 2021
Where is the action speak more than words of a Gvnor, oh I remembber he is busy fighting one guy called 2nddus
Re: Poor Condition Of UNIPORT Students' Hostels (Pictures & Video) by Wizzieee(m): 3:52pm On Aug 12, 2021
cremedelacreme:
I rep Aminu Kano Hostel. Delta (King Jaja hostel) girls are mainly oloshos grin grin grin grin while Dan Etete na mainly ajebutter dem. Unique Uniport.
Re: Poor Condition Of UNIPORT Students' Hostels (Pictures & Video) by chukxie(m): 3:58pm On Aug 12, 2021
Fahdiga:
Even a piggery farm in a western country is more presentable than this eyesore in a federal university under Buhari's administration

Blame the students who embrace filth, live in filth and swim in filth. The average Nigerian is dirty! That's the plain truth. Abegi!

4 Likes

Re: Poor Condition Of UNIPORT Students' Hostels (Pictures & Video) by KingDash: 3:59pm On Aug 12, 2021
thank God I went to a private school.
Re: Poor Condition Of UNIPORT Students' Hostels (Pictures & Video) by benson81(m): 3:59pm On Aug 12, 2021
poshestmina:
MANDELA!!!
Those boys are PIGS!!!
it's obviously poor maintenance by the people living in it .

It's only to gather and insult female passersby they know grin grin.
Very troublesome hostel that year, you'll have to pray and walk fast while passing there.
so Mandela boys no wan change?
Re: Poor Condition Of UNIPORT Students' Hostels (Pictures & Video) by Bigfish121(m): 4:00pm On Aug 12, 2021
It's very unfortunate. Some of the contracts are awarded to the then v.c lale and his associates.so alit of shady deals will certainly occur.

ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

A very very shody job was done, I was there. On the day of the commissioning, I remember the drainage pipes of Claude Ake hostels where dripping with waste water already. That school management is a disgrace! The job was approved and the contractors fully paid.
Re: Poor Condition Of UNIPORT Students' Hostels (Pictures & Video) by 2023NaijaVoter: 4:03pm On Aug 12, 2021
Fahdiga:

Is PMB responsible for human swine that rather exist in filth and squalor instead of organizing to clean up and upgrade their personal living conditions and immediate environment?
Re: Poor Condition Of UNIPORT Students' Hostels (Pictures & Video) by Revolva(m): 4:12pm On Aug 12, 2021
how student want think well with this type of environment
Re: Poor Condition Of UNIPORT Students' Hostels (Pictures & Video) by bugalo: 4:13pm On Aug 12, 2021
Yeye day smell . This hostel must be at Abuja campus.. Back then 2008 when I schooled there, the hostels stinks in such a way we find it difficult visiting our friends who lives there and from this pictures it’s now even worse.. I don’t know the problem of this very day Nigeria. We don’t have maintenance culture at all. You build a public structure today and the next few years it’s nothing to talk about.. Even National Assembly day leak sef. . So what do you expect

4 Likes

Re: Poor Condition Of UNIPORT Students' Hostels (Pictures & Video) by OdogwuToks(m): 4:32pm On Aug 12, 2021
Students also contribute to those mess there coupled with the management. Each time I pass that hostel, I try to walk as quickly as possible. The sight is not pleasant at all.

1 Like

Re: Poor Condition Of UNIPORT Students' Hostels (Pictures & Video) by Eberex(m): 4:39pm On Aug 12, 2021
Is this the current state of Uniport hostel? Or this is an old pictures back in the 90s?

This used to be male hostels in UNN nsukka, ranging from Mbanefo, Alvan and Eni Njoku, but that was in the 90s, but i hear they have renovated them from what i was told.

If uniport hostels are still like this, then its a problem.
Re: Poor Condition Of UNIPORT Students' Hostels (Pictures & Video) by Fortez: 4:44pm On Aug 12, 2021
Really
Re: Poor Condition Of UNIPORT Students' Hostels (Pictures & Video) by greatiyk4u(m): 4:52pm On Aug 12, 2021
Fahdiga:

Was it better before now?

This man will continue to pepper you till 2023
Re: Poor Condition Of UNIPORT Students' Hostels (Pictures & Video) by tiger28: 5:05pm On Aug 12, 2021
Most of these schools need environmental sanitation EVERY WEEKEND! Most of the students come squalid environments so they don't see the difference......I blame the schools but trust me, even if you renovate every year, it will STILL end up like that( maintenance culture tingz)

1 Like

Re: Poor Condition Of UNIPORT Students' Hostels (Pictures & Video) by braimeddy: 5:07pm On Aug 12, 2021
This is Mandela hostel. Op don't blame the school authorities, but blame the dirty students who fail to maintain their rooms and environs. Go to other schools, you will know that uniport hostels are trying........

1 Like

Re: Poor Condition Of UNIPORT Students' Hostels (Pictures & Video) by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 5:17pm On Aug 12, 2021
Bigfish121:
It's very unfortunate. Some of the contracts are awarded to the then v.c lale and his associates.so alit of shady deals will certainly occur.

Thank God you know what short Lale did. They gave the job to their friends, allowed them to do nonsensical work and ensured they were fully paid.
Re: Poor Condition Of UNIPORT Students' Hostels (Pictures & Video) by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 5:18pm On Aug 12, 2021
braimeddy:
This is Mandela hostel. Op don't blame the school authorities, but blame the dirty students who fail to maintain their rooms and environs. Go to other schools, you will know that uniport hostels are trying........
That hostel is fuçking overcrowded. Cut the poor students some slack.
Re: Poor Condition Of UNIPORT Students' Hostels (Pictures & Video) by rickyboss333: 5:18pm On Aug 12, 2021
To be honest I do not see any poor condition of the infrastructure. All I see is bad sense of sanitation and habitation condition and even worse maintenance and management system
Re: Poor Condition Of UNIPORT Students' Hostels (Pictures & Video) by Zainabthegirl1(f): 5:23pm On Aug 12, 2021
Omooo where students are residing....they will collecting money for the hostels o
Re: Poor Condition Of UNIPORT Students' Hostels (Pictures & Video) by Bigfish121(m): 5:51pm On Aug 12, 2021
Yeah we are all aware of what he did.even the issue of school fees.Thank God I was not a victim though.

ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

Thank God you know what short Lale did. They gave the job to their friends, allowed them to do nonsensical work and ensured they were fully paid.

2 Likes

Re: Poor Condition Of UNIPORT Students' Hostels (Pictures & Video) by braimeddy: 6:17pm On Aug 12, 2021
You said its over crowded as if its not the students fault. A cubicle will be given to a student and the student will sell it to 2 or more students to live in that small cubicle. And you want to blame the school authorities for that?
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

That hostel is fuçking overcrowded. Cut the poor students some slack.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Strike: FG, ASUU Disagree On Payment Platform / GRE & TOEFL Testing Suspended In Nigeria / BREAKING: Fashola Orders Reversal Of LASU Fees To Old Charges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.