Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,042 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

Leeds Uni Offers Students £10k & Free Accommodation To Defer - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Leeds Uni Offers Students £10k & Free Accommodation To Defer (678 Views)

University Offers Students Grave To Lie In To Cope With Exam Stress / I Want To Defer My Admission / Is I T Possible To Defer Admission In Oau Ile-ife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Leeds Uni Offers Students £10k & Free Accommodation To Defer by AbujaBlue: 10:21am On Aug 12, 2021
Students wanting to study law or business at the University of Leeds are being offered £10,000 cash and free accommodation to defer their courses.

Deputy Vice Chancellor Peter Jimack said the university was making the offer as some courses were full.

He said the nature of teacher-assessed grades as opposed to exam-based grades had made it "harder to predict" the number of successful applicants.

The University of Exeter has made a similar offer to medical students.

Prof Jimack told the BBC: "We've contacted students on a small number of programmes in two schools to let them know that we are going to make them an offer to defer to next year with an incentive of a cash payment of about £10,000 and our fee for their halls of residence in their first year being paid by the university.

"We are not putting pressure on anybody to make that choice, it's an entirely free choice."

He said any students who chose to defer until 2022 would be provided with online materials to help them prepare for their arrival next year.

He added that the university was also creating an extra 30 places to study medicine for students who were unable to get a place at universities which were oversubscribed.

A record number of students have applied to study medicine this autumn, a rise of more than 20% on last year.

The number of places for medicine in England is capped by the government.

Prof Jimack said: "We recognise that there is a national need and we know from the last 18 months how important our doctors and nurses are.

"So we're stepping-up and making available some additional places that we will make available to students from oversubscribed universities to come and study with us at Leeds."

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-leeds-58176877

Re: Leeds Uni Offers Students £10k & Free Accommodation To Defer by OSDD(m): 11:39am On Aug 12, 2021
Damn... For we country?.. All of them go gather enter, then dem go fail half of them. Problem solved, more money gained

2 Likes

Re: Leeds Uni Offers Students £10k & Free Accommodation To Defer by Sirmwill: 12:33pm On Aug 12, 2021
OSDD
Don't you know you can be prosecuted for this? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Leeds Uni Offers Students £10k & Free Accommodation To Defer by OSDD(m): 1:00pm On Aug 12, 2021
Sirmwill:
OSDD
Don't you know you can be prosecuted for this? cheesy
Ah... I didnt mention the name of my country na. You would be persecuted for false conclusion, if there is something like that.

(1) (Reply)

UNILAG SCHOOL OF POSTGRADUATE EXTENDS 2021/2022 PGD, MBA, MS.c, LL.M, Ph.D FORM / Physics Problem.. / AAUA Students Protest As Five Deaths Are Recorded In A Week (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.