Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,609 members, 7,955,243 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:28 PM

Revelation 6:8 Explained... This Is Very Serious - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Revelation 6:8 Explained... This Is Very Serious (938 Views)

Revelation 6 / Trinity Explained / Spirit, Soul and Body: Man's Tripartite Nature Explained with Robot Concept (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Revelation 6:8 Explained... This Is Very Serious by macjireh: 6:50pm On Aug 12, 2021
Kobojunkie:
The story in itself is easily comprehended without any "interpretation". To interpret scripture is to "insert between the lines" that which is not literally referenced in scripture and this some claim is done by some spiritual process which Jesus Christ never declared. An interpretation is usually offered by those who are unwilling to consider the message as given. It is a form of information of course but with a message that differs from that expressed by the human author of the text in question. Not all information is acceptable or God's Truth. undecided

So what other interpretation is there for what is written in the creation story?
alright let's leave it there...there's more to creation.... BTW genesis 1 verse 1 and verse 2..something happened in between... let's not go there..
Re: Revelation 6:8 Explained... This Is Very Serious by Kobojunkie: 6:52pm On Aug 12, 2021
macjireh:

alright let's leave it there...there's more to creation.... BTW genesis 1 verse 1 and verse 2..something happened in between... let's not go there..
Ok, back to the rule then ... why do you believe in "interpretation" of scripture when Jesus Christ said only those who apply understanding only will gain more of it? undecided

I ask this because you have so far chosen to give an interpretation to all that suits abandoning the plain message contained in the context from which the scripture comes from undecided
Re: Revelation 6:8 Explained... This Is Very Serious by macjireh: 7:15pm On Aug 12, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Ok, back to the rule then ... why do you believe in "interpretation" of scripture when Jesus Christ said only those who apply understanding only will gain more of it? undecided

I ask this because you have so far chosen to give an interpretation to all that suits abandoning the plain message contained in the context from which the scripture comes from undecided
Jesus never said so...dat scripture talks about talents dat were given to servants,, by trading with d talents,,they got more...in trading u must compare tinz...u can't use #100 to buy a house...instead u can only use a comparable amount of money to buy a house...in other words value must compare value b4 trading can occur...whereas d person dat refused to trade by hiding his only 1 talent in d ground,, his talent was taken away from him....so in d business of trading,, u must compare value to value,, dats Y u should compare scripture with scripture to gain more understanding
Re: Revelation 6:8 Explained... This Is Very Serious by Kobojunkie: 7:38pm On Aug 12, 2021
macjireh:

Jesus never said so...dat scripture talks about talents dat were given to servants,, by trading with d talents,,they got more...in trading u must compare tinz...u can't use #100 to buy a house...instead u can only use a comparable amount of money to buy a house...in other words value must compare value b4 trading can occur...whereas d person dat refused to trade by hiding his only 1 talent in d ground,, his talent was taken away from him....so in d business of trading,, u must compare value to value,, dats Y u should compare scripture with scripture to gain more understanding
Here again, you make attempts to "interpret" what was written instead instead carefully understanding the message that was given to you.
28 “So the master told his other servants, ‘Take the one bag of money from that servant and give it to the servant who has ten bags. 29 Everyone who uses what they have will get more. They will have much more than they need. But people who do not use what they have will have everything taken away from them.’ 30 Then the master said, ‘Throw that useless servant outside into the darkness, where people will cry and grind their teeth with pain. - Matthew 25 vs 14 - 30
The above message is repeated several times by Jesus Christ in His teachings. undecided
Re: Revelation 6:8 Explained... This Is Very Serious by Kobojunkie: 7:43pm On Aug 12, 2021
macjireh:

The same is lesson from that parable is found used by Jesus Christ in Matthew 13 vs
11 Jesus answered, “Only you can know the secret truths about God’s kingdom. Those other people cannot know these secret truths. 12 The people who have some understanding will be given more. And they will have even more than they need. But those who do not have much understanding will lose even the little understanding that they have. - Matthew 13 vs 11 - 12
Re: Revelation 6:8 Explained... This Is Very Serious by macjireh: 7:50pm On Aug 12, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Here again, you make attempts to "interpret" what was written instead instead carefully understanding the message that was given to you.
The above message is repeated several times by Jesus Christ in His teachings. undecided
what translation of d bible are u using... or are u a Jehovah's witness?
Re: Revelation 6:8 Explained... This Is Very Serious by Kobojunkie: 7:54pm On Aug 12, 2021
macjireh:

what translation of d bible are u using... or are u a Jehovah's witness?
Now you are going to take up issue with the translation I use? undecided

Are you not using a Bible written in the English language? undecided
Re: Revelation 6:8 Explained... This Is Very Serious by macjireh: 8:04pm On Aug 12, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Now you are going to take up issue with the translation I use? undecided

Are you not using a Bible written in the English language? undecided

well I use king James version which used d word "TRADE" in verse 16...in trading,,values are compared b4 they are exchanged... so where did I use interpretation? its d same scripture I'm dwelling on..d last man did not trade with his 1talent but kept it single by hiding it

Matthew 25:16 Then he that had received the five talents went and traded with the same, and made them other five talents.
25:17 And likewise he that had received two, he also gained other two.
Re: Revelation 6:8 Explained... This Is Very Serious by Kobojunkie: 8:17pm On Aug 12, 2021
macjireh:

well I use king James version which used d word "TRADE" in verse 16...in trading,,values are compared b4 they are exchanged... so where did I use interpretation? its d same scripture I'm dwelling on..d last man did not trade with his 1talent but kept it single by hiding it

Matthew 25:16 Then he that had received the five talents went and traded with the same, and made them other five talents.
25:17 And likewise he that had received two, he also gained other two.
You are focusing on the wrong thing though. The message as explained by Jesus Christ, of the parable, is what is written of in verse 29. undecided
Re: Revelation 6:8 Explained... This Is Very Serious by macjireh: 8:26pm On Aug 12, 2021
Kobojunkie:
You are focusing on the wrong thing though. The message as explained by Jesus Christ, of the parable, is what is written of in verse 29. undecided
how can u say dat?? u have chosen to pick single scriptures and building doctrines,,how can u cut off where a scripture started from only to pick d conclusion and form a doctrine without relating to where it started from.. u have chosen a dangerous path and have gone beyond repair... at D's point I drop my pen...pls don't quote me...thanks
Re: Revelation 6:8 Explained... This Is Very Serious by Kobojunkie: 8:30pm On Aug 12, 2021
macjireh:

how can u say dat?? u have chosen to pick single scriptures and building doctrines,,how can u cut off where a scripture started from only to pick d conclusion and form a doctrine without relating to where it started from.. u have chosen a dangerous path and have gone beyond repair... at D's point I drop my pen...pls don't quote me...thanks
Jesus Christ gave us the parable, and after that He explained to use what the takeaway should be from the parable He just told us. How is that picking a single scripture and building doctrines? undecided

Relating the conclusion to where it started? The one who told us the story revealed the rule He told us the story in order to teach us. How can you say that is cutting off where scripture started? undecided

Trusting in the Words and teachings of Jesus Christ is a dangerous path? undecided
Re: Revelation 6:8 Explained... This Is Very Serious by IAMJojo(m): 8:45pm On Aug 12, 2021
you be mumu

(1) (2) (Reply)

Taliban To Afghan Christians: We Know Who You Are, And We're Coming For You / Should We Love Our Enemies Even During A Time Of War? / Mo Salah Is Criticised By Muslim Fans For His Picture Of A Christmas Tree

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.