Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,990 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:58 PM

Merits Of Reconciliation In Islam - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Merits Of Reconciliation In Islam (5165 Views)

Merits Of Memorizing The Qur'an / Palm Wine In Islam / Artificial Insemination To Get A Child: Is It A Sin In Islam? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Merits Of Reconciliation In Islam by Lukgaf(m): 5:00pm On Aug 12, 2021
“Verily the believers are brothers, so reconcile between your brothers.” (Surah Hujarat – Verse 10)

Living in harmony is important for a stable society. The Noble Quran encourages believers to unite their ranks and work towards mutual harmony.

Allah Ta'ala calls on Muslims in the following verses to reconcile with each other:

“Verily the believers are brothers, so reconcile between your brothers.” (Surah Hujarat – Verse 10)

“There is no good in most of their secret consultations (due to their sinful nature) except in him who enjoins charity, a good deed or reconciliation between people …” (Surah Nisa – Verse 114)

“So, fear Allah and reform your relationships …” (Surah Anfaal – Verse 1)

When two Muslim individuals, families, or groups break ties or behave acrimoniously towards each other, then it is the duty of Muslims to attempt reconciliation between the disputing parties. There is great merit in reconciliation, as it prevents a host of evils which surface as a result of discord. Unresolved disputes, friction and acrimony lead to deadly spiritual maladies of jealousy, enmity, malice, rancour, vengeance and many other evils.

One harm of unresolved discord and disunity in families is that future generations may continue this legacy of disunity, based on the unresolved disputes of their elders.

Abu Darda (R) narrates that Nabi (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) asked the Sahabah (R), “Should I not inform you of an action that is more superior than (Nafl) Salah, (Nafl) fasting and (Nafl) charity?” The Sahabah (R) replied, “Surely, O Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam).” Nabi (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) replied, “Reconciling between two parties…” (Abu Dawood)

Note: Attempting to reconcile between two parties is more superior to optional Salah, fasting and charity due to the benefits attributed to this action.
Let us work on uniting people and strive to remove disunity and discord.

https://darulihsan.com/index.php/social-etiquette/item/9280-merits-of-reconciliation

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Merits Of Reconciliation In Islam by Rashduct4luv(m): 9:00am On Aug 13, 2021
We ask Allah to grant us the patience to reconcile and forgive our brothers!

The Prophetﷺ said :
"Do not hate each other, do not envy each other, do not turn away from each other, but rather be servants of Allah as brothers" (Sahih Muslim : 2559)

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Merits Of Reconciliation In Islam by advocatejare(m): 10:01am On Aug 13, 2021
Rashduct4luv:
We ask Allah to grant us the patience to reconcile and forgive our brothers!

The Prophetﷺ said :
"Do not hate each other, do not envy each other, do not turn away from each other, but rather be servants of Allah as brothers" (Sahih Muslim : 2559)
What crimes did the Christians and Jews commit against Muhammad before he commanded you to hate them?

Did he make attempt to make peace with them?

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) as saying:
Do not greet the Jews and the Christians before they greet you and when you meet any one of them on the roads force him to go to the narrowest part of it.
Sahih muslim 2167a

Narrated 'Umar bin Al-Khattab: That the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: If I live - if Allah wills - I will expel the Jews and the Christians from the Arabian Peninsula.
Jami at-tirmidhi 1606

Jabir bin ‘Abd Allah said that he was told by ‘Umar bin Al Khattab that he heard the Apostle of Allaah(ﷺ) say “I will certainly expel the Jews and the Christians from Arabia and I shall leave only Muslims in it.”
-Sunan Abi Dawud 3030

5 Likes

Re: Merits Of Reconciliation In Islam by mbahdi(m): 10:33am On Aug 13, 2021
Allahuakubar
Re: Merits Of Reconciliation In Islam by Adlac(m): 10:38am On Aug 13, 2021
advocatejare:

W[s]hat crimes did the Christians and Jews commit against Muhammad before he commanded you to hate them?

Do not greet the Jews and the Christians before they greet you and when you meet any one of them on the roads force him to go to the narrowest part of it.
Sahih muslim 2167a

Narrated 'Umar bin Al-Khattab: That the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: If I live - if Allah wills - I will expel the Jews and the Christians from the Arabian Peninsula.
Jami at-tirmidhi 1606

Jabir bin ‘Abd Allah said that he was told by ‘Umar bin Al Khattab that he heard the Apostle of Allaah(ﷺ) say “I will certainly expel the Jews and the Christians from Arabia and I shall leave only Muslims in it.”
-Sunan Abi Dawud [/s]3030

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Merits Of Reconciliation In Islam by Laabul: 10:39am On Aug 13, 2021
Good
Re: Merits Of Reconciliation In Islam by jumper524(m): 10:41am On Aug 13, 2021
advocatejare:

What crimes did the Christians and Jews commit against Muhammad before he commanded you to hate them?

Sahih muslim 2167a

Jami at-tirmidhi 1606

-Sunan Abi Dawud 3030
so you had to take an oath against your religion to make bitter comment.
I wonder if you and those hypocritical Muslims you mentioned have any difference.

5 Likes

Re: Merits Of Reconciliation In Islam by hakym619(m): 10:43am On Aug 13, 2021
advocatejare:

Sahih muslim 2167a

Jami at-tirmidhi 1606

-Sunan Abi Dawud 3030

Get a life grin

4 Likes

Re: Merits Of Reconciliation In Islam by effort1: 10:44am On Aug 13, 2021
I have noticed that many of you Muslims love to defend crimes committed by other Muslims.

Why is that?

Does islam teach you people to defend crime?
Is Islam a religion built to coverup crime and criminals?

4 Likes

Re: Merits Of Reconciliation In Islam by advocatejare(m): 10:45am On Aug 13, 2021
hakym619:

Get a life grin
I already have one.

Why did your prophet command you to hate the same people he referred to as the people of the book.

Have you now seen that Islam is not the religion of peace

6 Likes

Re: Merits Of Reconciliation In Islam by advocatejare(m): 10:46am On Aug 13, 2021
jumper524:
so you had to take an oath against your religion to make bitter comment.
I wonder if you and those hypocritical Muslims you mentioned have any difference.
I didn't take any oath. Belief is in the mind and confession is by speech

5 Likes

Re: Merits Of Reconciliation In Islam by AntiChristian: 10:47am On Aug 13, 2021
cool grin

Why not ask Yahweh who says “Whoever sacrifices to any god other than the LORD must be destroyed" in Exodus 22:20

advocatejare:

Sahih muslim 2167a

Jami at-tirmidhi 1606

-Sunan Abi Dawud 3030

2 Likes

Re: Merits Of Reconciliation In Islam by hakym619(m): 10:47am On Aug 13, 2021
advocatejare:

I already have one.

Why did your prophet command you to hate the same people he referred to as the people of the book.

Those hadiths are weak.
We hereby reject them.
The beloved prophet (pbuh) always preached love.

2 Likes

Re: Merits Of Reconciliation In Islam by Meritbaba(m): 10:55am On Aug 13, 2021
advocatejare:

I already have one.

How some of you are so bittered over religion baffles me.
Probably you are a teenager...enjoy

4 Likes

Re: Merits Of Reconciliation In Islam by advocatejare(m): 10:55am On Aug 13, 2021
hakym619:

Those hadiths are weak.
We hereby reject them.
The beloved prophet (pbuh) always preached love.
Oniro , those hadith are not weak. They are sahih. Highest grade of hadith

Re: Merits Of Reconciliation In Islam by TheSexLover(m): 11:01am On Aug 13, 2021
See them Boko Haram sympathizers

Muslim shit

Imagine a world without u guys

Filled up with wickedness

Motherfuckers

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Merits Of Reconciliation In Islam by advocatejare(m): 11:04am On Aug 13, 2021
AntiChristian:
cool grin

Why not ask Yahweh who says “Whoever sacrifices to any god other than the LORD must be destroyed" in Exodus 22:20

Before we ask Him, ask Allah to show you the Torah he said he gave to Musa and let's see what is written there..

If according to the Qur'an, Christians and Jews are the people of the book, why did Muhammad ask you to hate them

1 Like

Re: Merits Of Reconciliation In Islam by AntiChristian: 11:06am On Aug 13, 2021
advocatejare:

Before we ask Him, ask Allah to show you the Torah he said he gave to Musa and let's see what is written there..

You should ask the people Musa was sent to. We believe in the Torah but we are not under its obligations!

1 Like

Re: Merits Of Reconciliation In Islam by advocatejare(m): 11:09am On Aug 13, 2021
AntiChristian:

You should ask the people Musa was sent to. We believe in the Torah but we are not under its obligations!
So Musa is no longer a Muslim like you always claim?

Where is the Torah you believe in?
Re: Merits Of Reconciliation In Islam by AntiChristian: 11:13am On Aug 13, 2021
advocatejare:

So Musa is no longer a Muslim like you always claim?
All of them are Muslims.

Where is the Torah you believe in?

Where is the God that you believe in? lipsrsealed

Senseless!

Torah is lost!

1 Like

Re: Merits Of Reconciliation In Islam by advocatejare(m): 11:20am On Aug 13, 2021
AntiChristian:
All of them are Muslims.

Where is the God that you believe in? lipsrsealed

Senseless!

Torah is lost!
So your Allah could not keep the Torah he revealed from being lost?

When did Torah get lost?

1 Like

Re: Merits Of Reconciliation In Islam by AntiChristian: 11:24am On Aug 13, 2021
effort1:
I have noticed that many of you Muslims love to defend crimes committed by other Muslims.

Why is that?

Does islam teach you people to defend crime?
Is Islam a religion built to coverup crime and criminals?

Allah commands the believing Muslims:
O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even though it be against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, be he rich or poor, Allah is a Better Protector to both (than you). So follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you may avoid justice, and if you distort your witness or refuse to give it, verily, Allah is Ever Well ­Acquainted with what you do. (Qur'an 4:135)

So Islam is not what you think!

And do not generalise what a few are doing to the others!

I have met Christians who are intolerant, who lies, who womanise, etc and i never thought all of them are like that.

3 Likes

Re: Merits Of Reconciliation In Islam by AntiChristian: 11:26am On Aug 13, 2021
advocatejare:

So your Allah could not keep the Torah he revealed from being lost?

When did Torah get lost?

Who did He send it to? Was it Nigerians or the world?

The Torah and Injeel were not sent to the whole world but a section of it.

2 Likes

Re: Merits Of Reconciliation In Islam by Rashduct4luv(m): 11:29am On Aug 13, 2021
advocatejare:

Sahih muslim 2167a

Jami at-tirmidhi 1606

-Sunan Abi Dawud 3030

Since you can cherry pick ahadith you should be able to tell us the reasons for the ahadith too.

1 Like

Re: Merits Of Reconciliation In Islam by advocatejare(m): 11:31am On Aug 13, 2021
AntiChristian:

Who did He send it to? Was it Nigerians or the world?

The Torah and Injeel were not sent to the whole world but a section of it.
When did the Torah get lost?

Qur'an was also sent to the the people of Meccan and its surrounding and not to the world

"And thus We have revealed to you an Arabic Qur'an that you may warn the Mother of Cities [Makkah] and those around it and warn of the Day of Assembly, about which there is no doubt. A party will be in Paradise and a party in the Blaze."
(QS. Ash-Shura 42: Verse 7)

"And this is a Book which We have sent down, blessed and confirming what was before it, that you may warn the Mother of Cities and those around it. Those who believe in the Hereafter believe in it, and they are maintaining their prayers."
(QS. Al-An'aam 6: Verse 92)

1 Like

Re: Merits Of Reconciliation In Islam by advocatejare(m): 11:36am On Aug 13, 2021
Rashduct4luv:

Since you can cherry pick ahadith you should be able to tell us the reasons for the ahadith too.

Muhammad was only re emphasizing what is in the Qur'an that you should not be friends with Christians and Jews, the same people he calls people of the book.

Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala said:

يٰٓأَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ ءَامَنُوا لَا تَتَّخِذُوا الْيَهُودَ وَالنَّصٰرٰىٓ أَوْلِيَآءَ  ۘ بَعْضُهُمْ أَوْلِيَآءُ بَعْضٍ  ۚ وَمَنْ يَتَوَلَّهُمْ مِّنْكُمْ فَإِنَّهُۥ مِنْهُمْ  ۗ إِنَّ اللَّهَ لَا يَهْدِى الْقَوْمَ الظّٰلِمِينَ
"O you who have believed, do not take the Jews and the Christians as allies. They are [in fact] allies of one another. And whoever is an ally to them among you - then indeed, he is [one] of them. Indeed, Allah guides not the wrongdoing people."
(QS. Al-Maaida 5: Verse 51)
Re: Merits Of Reconciliation In Islam by true2god: 11:37am On Aug 13, 2021
hakym619:
Those hadiths are weak. We hereby reject them. The beloved prophet (pbuh) always preached love.
Sharrap! Shutupp! Pushupp! Shattappp! The hadith listed are all 'SAHIH'. Mohammed ibn Abdullah was never peaceful.
advocatejare:

Sahih muslim 2167a

Jami at-tirmidhi 1606

-Sunan Abi Dawud 3030
Re: Merits Of Reconciliation In Islam by true2god: 11:41am On Aug 13, 2021
AntiChristian:
Show me, from the quran, where allah said muslims are not under the obligation to obey/accept/follow the torah.
Re: Merits Of Reconciliation In Islam by AntiChristian: 11:43am On Aug 13, 2021
advocatejare:

When did the Torah get lost?
When the Jewish Rabbis started changing it.

Allaah says about the Jews (interpretation of the meaning): “Do you (faithful believers) covet that they will belive in your religion in spite of the fact that a party of them (Jewish rabbis) used to hear the Word of Allaah (the Tawraat), then they used to change it knowingly after they understood it?” [al-Baqarah 2:75]

Allaah also said (interpretation of the meaning): “Among those who are Jews, there are some who displace words from (their) right places and say: ‘We hear your word (O Muhammad) and disobey,’ and ‘Hear and let you (Muhammad) hear nothing.’ And Raa’ina [in Arabic this means, ‘Be careful, listen to us and we listen to you,’ whereas in Hebrew it means ‘an insult.’] with a twist of their tongues and as a mockery of the religion (Islam). And if only they had said, ‘We hear and obey,’ and ‘Do make us understand,’ it would have been better for them, and more proper, but Allaah has cursed them for their disbelief, so they believe not except for a few.” [al-Nisaa’ 4:46]

Qur'an was also sent to the the people of Meccan and its surrounding and not to the world

"And thus We have revealed to you an Arabic Qur'an that you may warn the Mother of Cities [Makkah] and those around it and warn of the Day of Assembly, about which there is no doubt. A party will be in Paradise and a party in the Blaze."
(QS. Ash-Shura 42: Verse 7)

"And this is a Book which We have sent down, blessed and confirming what was before it, that you may warn the Mother of Cities and those around it. Those who believe in the Hereafter believe in it, and they are maintaining their prayers."
(QS. Al-An'aam 6: Verse 92)

Allah, may He be exalted, says (interpretation of the meaning): “And We have sent you (O Muhammad SAW) not but as a mercy for the Aalameen (mankind, jinns and all that exists)” [al-Anbiya’ 21:107]

The verses you quoted are a subset of the one above!

1 Like

Re: Merits Of Reconciliation In Islam by advocatejare(m): 11:43am On Aug 13, 2021
true2god:
Sharrap! Shutupp! Pushupp! Shattappp! The hadith listed are all 'SAHIH'. Mohammed ibn Abdullah was never peaceful.
Don't mind him, he was doing Taqiyya.

It's quite a while True2god. How have you been

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

ORIGIN OF HADITH: How "Muslims" Deviated From the Qur'an / Wiping Over Shocks During Ablution And Some Misconceptions About It / Was The Holy Prophet Poisoned (killed) Or Died Naturally?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.