Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,138 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:54 AM

Helicopter Rotor Blade Slashes Through Indian Man' Neck While Testing It (video) - Autos (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Helicopter Rotor Blade Slashes Through Indian Man' Neck While Testing It (video) (72364 Views)

Gateman Crashes His Boss’ Car While Flexing With It (video) / Indian Hemp Found In A Fairly Used Car I Bought, Please Let's All Be Careful. / Chikamso Chizoba Amalu 'A.C.C Whizzy' Makes "Helicopter" Vehicles (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Helicopter Rotor Blade Slashes Through Indian Man' Neck While Testing It (video) by Femich18(m): 1:51pm On Aug 13, 2021
Imustnottalk:
your point is senseless bro .alot of drop out and illiterates are doing better than graduates.the founder of Microsoft is a drop out alot more even the first people who invented airplane didn't get it in the first trial.the guy still tried invented something what have you invented even yourself despite your education or your education na just to think like a fool.
Bros no vex. He's just trying the be funny and at the end shot himself on the leg
Re: Helicopter Rotor Blade Slashes Through Indian Man' Neck While Testing It (video) by LikeAking: 1:51pm On Aug 13, 2021
ValCon888:
First he dropped out of school. As if that wasn't enough, he started to build a flying machine that critically requires a lot of school knowledge.

He was the architect of his own destruction. In other words, he was his own village people.

It doesnt reguire edu knowledge. The profs at the uni have never built anything.

It reguires reseach, etc....

Na personal thing.

If na by edu, every eng grad go build heli.

Unis is over rated.
Re: Helicopter Rotor Blade Slashes Through Indian Man' Neck While Testing It (video) by digitrend: 1:57pm On Aug 13, 2021
Kandeed:
Moral drawn from this story is "Don't stay in ur village to invent anything, village people go reason you local" imagine building up a copter to follow Edo chiefs drag airways

Iree o
You no well ooo.

Na only Edo "air Crafters" dey abi?.
Re: Helicopter Rotor Blade Slashes Through Indian Man' Neck While Testing It (video) by Classicalman(m): 2:11pm On Aug 13, 2021
What a tragedy. May his soul RIP
Re: Helicopter Rotor Blade Slashes Through Indian Man' Neck While Testing It (video) by Kandeed: 2:22pm On Aug 13, 2021
thomasjoe:

May God forgive you for this embarrassingly wrong post ...
Archbishop Idahosa, Pastor Chris and a host of others are all from Edo state... Are they also witches like you have been ignorantly made to believe?

Calm down....i never refered to those great men as witches. it's high time you gotta understand what sarcasm is all bout
Re: Helicopter Rotor Blade Slashes Through Indian Man' Neck While Testing It (video) by Jaqenhghar: 2:23pm On Aug 13, 2021
Kandeed:
Moral drawn from this story is "Don't stay in ur village to invent anything, village people go reason you local" imagine building up a copter to follow Edo chiefs drag airways

Iree o
If inventors followed this 'morals', we would still be living in caves
As you should
Re: Helicopter Rotor Blade Slashes Through Indian Man' Neck While Testing It (video) by Jaqenhghar: 2:24pm On Aug 13, 2021
donproject2:
Engineering is a profession that brings science alive, yet, engineers are not being appreciated the way they should.

The guy died doing what he loves to do but there is this phrase I was thought in programming, "don't reinvent the wheel." This means you don't have to do what someone else has produced/done. Take their works, add yours to it ...that's called smartness and smart people rule the world. I didn't blame him for his death, the guy could have died simply sleeping at home, when death comes it comes.
If he had succeeded and got a contract .... or something I wonder what you will say
Re: Helicopter Rotor Blade Slashes Through Indian Man' Neck While Testing It (video) by Jaqenhghar: 2:26pm On Aug 13, 2021
GlorifiedTunde:

No one is perfect no matter how hard you try.

It's only a victim that is labeled as careless; there are many narrow escapes you have experienced also and it's not because you were so "careful"
You dey mind them? That play safe mebtality is the reason why they still cant afford 24 hours electricity and things like the internet is seen as a luxury
Re: Helicopter Rotor Blade Slashes Through Indian Man' Neck While Testing It (video) by Jaqenhghar: 2:29pm On Aug 13, 2021
ValCon888:
First he dropped out of school. As if that wasn't enough, he started to build a flying machine that critically requires a lot of school knowledge.

He was the architect of his own destruction. In other words, he was his own village people.
If he had succeeded you will be here talking about how school too is not important. Look at that prototype. Does that look like something someone woke up and just built? The report says he spent 2 years but you know it alls have concluded that he doesnt have enough knowledge. I take it you are a helicopter engineer to come to this conclusion
Re: Helicopter Rotor Blade Slashes Through Indian Man' Neck While Testing It (video) by JohnBullMySon: 2:50pm On Aug 13, 2021
Nauttyprof:

He does not need experts validation as this failure is expected to happen when trying things out. My submission would be that he should have considered safety first while carrying out test on his creation.

What happens to recall of vehicles pushed out for sales even after several trials or test and brainstorming in coming up with the design? Were the engineers sleeping during manufacturing. You and I will agree to the fact that these recalls happen in the developed countries where we expect perfect outcomes. We only want to look for faults in this situation as calling on experts does not mean failure of any element can't happen.
Failure cannot be completely eliminated but many can be avoided with common sense. An Aerospace structural expert who may not be half as smart as the young man would far easily detect structural weakness in his airframe and rotor, simply because he has more knowledge and experience.

If at this stage you still don't understand my point, then I don't know what else to say to you. Smartness is not everything dude. You need those who have gone before you to teach you.
Re: Helicopter Rotor Blade Slashes Through Indian Man' Neck While Testing It (video) by bergs2: 2:51pm On Aug 13, 2021
GlorifiedTunde:

No one is perfect no matter how hard you try.

It's only a victim that is labeled as careless; there are many narrow escapes you have experienced also and it's not because you were so "careful"

quite commendable from you.
we often blame the dead as if Living is tied to carefulness.
thanks a million

1 Like

Re: Helicopter Rotor Blade Slashes Through Indian Man' Neck While Testing It (video) by donproject2(m): 3:35pm On Aug 13, 2021
Jaqenhghar:

If he had succeeded and got a contract .... or something I wonder what you will say

If he had succeeded, he will be recognized and if possible, depends on his country, he will be given national honour. After that, if any aircraft manufacturing company feel he will be useful for them, he could be hired, trained, and he will become part of them.

This still boils down to him not using his own invention, he still has to do things according to the set rule. I commend him seriously for what he has done, but the question remains, what difference and statement does he want to make in the aviation industry. Does he have new things he wants to offer?

You are a lone programmer, you are telling me you want to code the next Facebook, stop wasting your time and energy buddy.
Re: Helicopter Rotor Blade Slashes Through Indian Man' Neck While Testing It (video) by Curdlebug(m): 3:42pm On Aug 13, 2021
silibaba:
how is that an invention? something that existed already.
as in ehn! Well, maybe his own His helicopter was different and could hv been cheaper
Re: Helicopter Rotor Blade Slashes Through Indian Man' Neck While Testing It (video) by Techguy96(m): 3:48pm On Aug 13, 2021
muller101:
School na scam gang, come and carry your member here.
The fact that he dropped out from school is not the reason the blade from the chopper killed him. It was just an accident.
In fact there are thousands of graduate engineer who wouldnt dare build an helicopter.

School in Nigeria is actually a scam and waste of time.
Re: Helicopter Rotor Blade Slashes Through Indian Man' Neck While Testing It (video) by Techguy96(m): 3:55pm On Aug 13, 2021
Kay25:
One reason why education is important...It is not a *new*invention it is existing already he does not need to pay with his life if he had read about it...so sorry young man till another world to come
Dropping out of school is not the reason for the accident.
Re: Helicopter Rotor Blade Slashes Through Indian Man' Neck While Testing It (video) by Drone95(m): 4:01pm On Aug 13, 2021
peacettw:
Goes to show that no knowledge is a waste and that half-baked knowledge kills.
Na trail & error
Re: Helicopter Rotor Blade Slashes Through Indian Man' Neck While Testing It (video) by Nauttyprof(m): 4:03pm On Aug 13, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
Failure cannot be completely eliminated but many can be avoided with common sense. An Aerospace structural expert who may not be half as smart as the young man would far easily detect structural weakness in his airframe and rotor, simply because he has more knowledge and experience.

If at this stage you still don't understand my point, then I don't know what else to say to you. Smartness is not everything dude. You need those who have gone before you to teach you.

Just the way Boeing 737 Max was grounded for almost 2 years in many countries. The experts (Engineers) were sleeping while dropouts handled the design, right? I am sure that you will agree with me that this aircraft was produced in a developed country, America.

We always want to find faults in things.
Re: Helicopter Rotor Blade Slashes Through Indian Man' Neck While Testing It (video) by peacettw: 4:24pm On Aug 13, 2021
Drone95:
Na trail & error

True that
Re: Helicopter Rotor Blade Slashes Through Indian Man' Neck While Testing It (video) by Jaqenhghar: 5:49pm On Aug 13, 2021
donproject2:

If he had succeeded, he will be recognized and if possible, depends on his country, he will be given national honour. After that, if any aircraft manufacturing company feel he will be useful for them, he could be hired, trained, and he will become part of them.

This still boils down to him not using his own invention, he still has to do things according to the set rule. I commend him seriously for what he has done, but the question remains, what difference and statement does he want to make in the aviation industry. Does he have new things he wants to offer?

You are a lone programmer, you are telling me you want to code the next Facebook, stop wasting your time and energy buddy.

I am not talking of hs country. I am talking about you.
It may not look like much to you as you are not an aviator or an inventor bit it matters.

Let's even go with this your logic..... when learning a programming language, if it's not important, why do they still teach you the basics and how to write scripts from the scratch? Since stuff has already been done they might as well just ask you to go rip off someone else's code since afterall you shouldn't reinvent the wheel
Re: Helicopter Rotor Blade Slashes Through Indian Man' Neck While Testing It (video) by JohnBullMySon: 6:22pm On Aug 13, 2021
Nauttyprof:

Just the way Boeing 737 Max was grounded for almost 2 years in many countries. The experts (Engineers) were sleeping while dropouts handled the design, right? I am sure that you will agree with me that this aircraft was produced in a developed country, America.

You're just looking for something to argue about. Because I believe you know the truth yourself. But no need stressing myself on you. When the next genius designs an helicopter without proper consulting, go and fly with him. RIP in advance.
Re: Helicopter Rotor Blade Slashes Through Indian Man' Neck While Testing It (video) by Nauttyprof(m): 6:57pm On Aug 13, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
You're just looking for something to argue about. Because I believe you know the truth yourself. But no need stressing myself on you. When the next genius designs an helicopter without proper consulting, go and fly with him. RIP in advance.

Guy, this is not the case of cursing just to please yourself or support your view. Many invented things which the educated improved on. If it were not the dropout what would have happened? They were successful at their discoveries and no one blamed them for taking the necessary steps for discoveries. Someone like Thomas Edison even went beyond just Bulb because his discovery motivated him to do more. Till date, even the educated still give him the salute.

We only blame the dropout when they don't get the results and look for every reason to believe his lack of education or guidance by expert or the educated is the cause.

My submission is this, even the educated still make mistakes so don't blame the dropout for making attempts. Safety measures should have been put in place by this person.
Re: Helicopter Rotor Blade Slashes Through Indian Man' Neck While Testing It (video) by donproject2(m): 7:18pm On Aug 13, 2021
Jaqenhghar:

I am not talking of hs country. I am talking about you.
It may not look like much to you as you are not an aviator or an inventor bit it matters.

Let's even go with this your logic..... when learning a programming language, if it's not important, why do they still teach you the basics and how to write scripts from the scratch? Since stuff has already been done they might as well just ask you to go rip off someone else's code since afterall you shouldn't reinvent the wheel

Good question, truly you are right, they would teach me how to code from the scratch, I need to understand everything that's happening behind the scene. The same way they will teach and train him if he has the chance to be hired.

My argument lies in the fact that some people have worked effortlessly to create certain things in the past, you, just coming do not need to start afresh, it is a waste of time, and you can't even be as smart as they are.

I used to be a programming purist, I would want to create everything myself when there are perfect libraries/packages/frameworks that have been created to do the same thing I am racking my brain to create. I discovered that I would only end up in a dead end, writing a lot of codes, still I wouldn't beat the best and smart ones out there. I then started watching videos of how even senior programmers do things, it was then I discovered that they use a lot of people's work (libraries, frameworks, funtions, modules) to create what they want to develop, in return, they save time and effort and focus on the big thing they want to create.

I never condemned the guy's brilliance and efforts, I was only of the opinion that he was trying to create what has been perfectly created before. No investor will look at his creation, they know where to go if they want to key their money somewhere. Again, I didn't blame him for his death, I blamed death for his death, death happens whenever it feels so no matter what one does.

I love people that challenge my belief, only trying to establish what I think should be against what I think shouldn't be. Your own statements are plausible, I'm just trying to win you over, I want to see how far you can go before you align with me.

1 Like

Re: Helicopter Rotor Blade Slashes Through Indian Man' Neck While Testing It (video) by Gfskw: 7:32pm On Aug 13, 2021
Elshaddai
Re: Helicopter Rotor Blade Slashes Through Indian Man' Neck While Testing It (video) by christistruth01: 7:47pm On Aug 13, 2021
DigiPerson:
Paying the price for invention.

He tried may Jesus Comfort his family and provide someone else to successfully continue where he left off

The inventor of the Caterpillar learnt by carefully studying his father's failed attempts at the invention

As a young boy he used to help and watch his father's efforts which all ended in failure but eventually years later he found and solved all his Father's mistakes

That is why the Bible Says in all Labor there is Profit
Re: Helicopter Rotor Blade Slashes Through Indian Man' Neck While Testing It (video) by christistruth01: 8:01pm On Aug 13, 2021
Nauttyprof:

It will interest you to know the inventors of the Airplane the Wright brothers were a Pastor's Sons who were Self taught Bicycle repairers without any Technical Education and they Succeeded where the Engineers of Europe and America all failed

The Boeing Aeroplanes are an improvement on their invention

The Wright brothers consistently attempted things that the trained Engineers insisted was Technically impossible and in the end they succeeded in inventing the Airplane

Do you know that the flight of Bees is Technically impossible and against the laws of Physics ?
Re: Helicopter Rotor Blade Slashes Through Indian Man' Neck While Testing It (video) by Nauttyprof(m): 8:07pm On Aug 13, 2021
christistruth01:

It will interest you to know the inventors of the Airplane the Wright brothers were a Pastor's Sons who were Self taught Bicycle repairers without any Technical Education and they Succeeded where the Engineers of Europe and America all failed

Thank you so much for this. I just wonder why people find fault easily when the desired result wasn't achieved. If this school drop out had achieved his goal, no one will bring in school or having guidance from one Engineer or an expert. We just love finding faults.

The experts who couldn't think when Thomas Edison was brainstorming or is it Henry Ford with his result in motors manufacturing that transformed the transportation sector or is it Bill Gates. Even the experts saluted these people for their achievements.

1 Like

Re: Helicopter Rotor Blade Slashes Through Indian Man' Neck While Testing It (video) by Nobody: 8:16pm On Aug 13, 2021
Village people at work....
Re: Helicopter Rotor Blade Slashes Through Indian Man' Neck While Testing It (video) by christabell18(f): 8:45pm On Aug 13, 2021
No seat belt,no safety doors..if those were present,the death would have been avoided.i watched this video several times and I was so sorry for the boy.
It could have easily been avoided.
Re: Helicopter Rotor Blade Slashes Through Indian Man' Neck While Testing It (video) by Soldiercole(m): 8:55pm On Aug 13, 2021
ExAngel007:
A school dropout who aspired to build a helicopter has died after one of the blades of his helicopter prototype slashed his throat while he was testing it.

24-year-old Sheikh Ismail Sheikh Ibrahim, a school dropout from Maharashtra's Fulsawangi village in Mahagaon tehsil, India, had built the prototype of a single-seater helicopter by welding steel pipes.

His passion was to do something extraordinary to bring fame to his village. So, he decided to build a chopper named "Munna Helicopter" because that was his nickname.

His friend Sachin told Times of India, "Inspired by the character of Rancho in the film ‘3 Idiots", Ismail wanted to do something unique and hence decided to build a helicopter in the village. After gathering information about the design and assembly by watching YouTube videos, he started working on his dream project.

"It took nearly two years for Ismail to collect all the parts needed. He also readied the prototype of a single- seater helicopter by welding steel pipes and fitted a Maruti 800 engine to power it."

Ismail wanted to showcase his helicopter to the entire village on Independence Day so he decided to check the prototype of his chopper near his workshop on Tuesday, August 10th in front of his friends.

Everyone saw Ismail starting the engine. Then the rotor blades wings started to move speedily. After this, the tail rotor blade got ripped off from the body and hit the main blades on the top.

Before anyone could do something, a broken blade slashed Ismail's throat and he collapsed on the ground.

He was rushed to the nearest hospital in Pusad. However, he didn't survive.

Watch the video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_Xxr7gMP4Y

https://m.timesofindia.com/city/nagpur/village-rancho-builds-copter-dies-as-rotor-blade-slashes-his-throat/amp_articleshow/85256197.cms
So sorry if he didn't die he should have make it better seeing the fault.
Re: Helicopter Rotor Blade Slashes Through Indian Man' Neck While Testing It (video) by muller101(m): 10:03pm On Aug 14, 2021
HardMirror:
you dont need school to be educated. saying school na scam can be right but saying education na scam is where the problem would start. people get educted at home, online etc, you dont need school before you can be educated. school is scam in most cases. what you learn in 4years in school can be learned perfectly in 6 months at home.

do you know how many highly qualified engineers have died while working on a project? or you think only dropouts die like this? do you know that NASA lost their Astronauts in an explosion just few seconds after takeoff in 2003 in the Columbia Shuttle disaster?

you obviously dont know anything.
Some of you can't read between lines. If you didn't notice the sarcasm laced in that comment. Sorry.
Re: Helicopter Rotor Blade Slashes Through Indian Man' Neck While Testing It (video) by muller101(m): 10:05pm On Aug 14, 2021
Imustnottalk:
your point is senseless bro .alot of drop out and illiterates are doing better than graduates.the founder of Microsoft is a drop out alot more even the first people who invented airplane didn't get it in the first trial.the guy still tried invented something what have you invented even yourself despite your education or your education na just to think like a fool.
Sometimes try and read between lines. There are different methods of writing.
Re: Helicopter Rotor Blade Slashes Through Indian Man' Neck While Testing It (video) by Bunmhi(f): 5:55pm On Aug 16, 2021
So sad to hear

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Full AUTOCHECK Vehicle History Reports In 30 MINS Via Whatsapp (08096577304) / Registered And Tokumbo Toyota Cars: Very Cheap 08063081186 / ♻️ Get To Know The Car Accident History Before You Buy♻️ +234-8060365068 ♻️♻️

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.