Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,860 members, 7,821,004 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:38 AM

'Peace Talk Double Phone' (telephone with intercom feature!) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 'Peace Talk Double Phone' (telephone with intercom feature!) (1858 Views)

If You Didn't Use This Telephone You Are Definitely Of Indomie Generation / Nigeria's Active Mobile Telephone Lines Now 105.2 Million / Secret To Start Your Own Mini Gsm Telephone Company With Zero Capital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

'Peace Talk Double Phone' (telephone with intercom feature!) by Seun(m): 12:49pm On Apr 14, 2005
The Peace Talk Double Phone functions both as a normal telephone (which can make calls to local and landline networks like any other phone) and as a 'street intercom'.

According to Barrister Udo Oreye, chairman and CEO of Peace Global Satellite Communications Limited, the company responsible for the service:
[I]"In a street where we have about 25 subscribers, we install a telephone at the security post, at the entrance of the street. Then, we do the billing in a configuration, in such a way that amongst the residents, they can be talking to one another as long as they want at N35 per day, that is, N1,000 in a month.
"And you may talk for 24 hours in a day and still pay N35. It is not pay as you go or pay per second or per minute".[/I]
Sun News Online

You can chat for hours with someone in the same area and only get billed 35 naira. This would be useful for a business which has several branches on the same street. What do you think?
Re: 'Peace Talk Double Phone' (telephone with intercom feature!) by Ra(f): 7:52pm On Apr 14, 2005
I think it's a most brilliant and fantastic idea and I call your attention to a similar debate re free talktime on mobilenigeria. We're surely going places, we are!
Re: 'Peace Talk Double Phone' (telephone with intercom feature!) by Angelgirl(f): 11:35am On Apr 15, 2005
Seun, what is the total cost to get a starcomms line with this feature?
Re: 'Peace Talk Double Phone' (telephone with intercom feature!) by Seun(m): 11:50am On Apr 15, 2005
Angelgirl, I don't think the phone can work with a Starcomms line. Peace Global Satellite Communications Limited is a licensed PTO on its own, just like Starcomms. I don't think there's any PTO that sells SIM cards yet.

I can't find any information about this company online, beyond the fact that they are a PTO licensed by the NCC.
Re: 'Peace Talk Double Phone' (telephone with intercom feature!) by Angelgirl(f): 11:53am On Apr 15, 2005
Sorry, i didnt get your earlier post, i thought someone mentioned starcomms
Re: 'Peace Talk Double Phone' (telephone with intercom feature!) by dominobaby(f): 12:35pm On Apr 15, 2005
Hmm..... thats nice. Does anyone know just how they intend to bill at such low rate?
Re: 'Peace Talk Double Phone' (telephone with intercom feature!) by Seun(m): 12:40pm On Apr 15, 2005
The phone probably has the ability to operate like a walkie-talkie (direct transmission of radio waves between one phone and another)
Re: 'Peace Talk Double Phone' (telephone with intercom feature!) by AYA: 12:37pm On Apr 17, 2005
Ahem... this topic is not about mobile phones. It does seem out of place in this section.

Or am I missing something?
Re: 'Peace Talk Double Phone' (telephone with intercom feature!) by Seun(m): 12:34pm On Apr 19, 2005
Choose one of the following:
- I can give this 'Mobile Phone' forum a new name: 'Communications', 'Telephony' or 'Phones'
- I can move topics like this to the 'Technology' Section.

Which would you suggest?

1 Like

Re: 'Peace Talk Double Phone' (telephone with intercom feature!) by mamba(m): 12:41pm On Apr 19, 2005
The first option will be a better idea and I kinda prefer the name phones

More ideas
Re: 'Peace Talk Double Phone' (telephone with intercom feature!) by lastpage: 4:44pm On Sep 08, 2009
My People, let us no mislead ourselves and let us stop preying on each others IGNORANCE!

The facility/SERVICE is called "PUSH-TO TALK" and it comes enabled in most phones (represented by an icon, two phones placed side-by-side, in a Nokia5200 for example)

Its is FREE if and when the Provider you use, ENABLES IT ON THEIR NETWORK!

Our PTO's are just too greedy they would not enable such SERVICE on their Network but l bet that one "Naija Business man" can arrange with them for a fee, to offer the free service to our people for a fee!

We should demand that the PTO's enable this service for us, not jumping up and down to pay for it.

Of course, we should also bear in mind that it has the tendency to REDUCE the Income of the PTO's but then, somethings are just Immoral, like being forced to pay-call a Mobile just to pass info to your cousin at the next house!

My 10Cents.

(1) (Reply)

Fixed Wireless Terminal Phone Internet Settings For Visafone / Finding It Hard To Let Go Of An Old Phone ??? / Porsche Design Blackberry P9982 Review

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.