Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,751 members, 7,831,408 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:17 PM

Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M (52058 Views)

Can You Go Back To JSS1 For 300million naira? / JSS1 Student Caught While Trying To Use 'Juju' On A Female Student In Lagos / Lagos Pegs Entry Age Into JSS1 At 12 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by phemmyfour: 9:04am On Aug 14, 2021
Irresponsible parenting
Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by Fiscus105(m): 9:04am On Aug 14, 2021
Fundermental human rights crew over to you.
Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by Nobody: 9:04am On Aug 14, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

I am going to sue Olobopkiri Comprehensive Highschool, Opobo for N100,000,000.

grin

They switched my destiny with farm labour in our JSS 3.

Look at me, I'm not settled in life.

The reason you're not settled in life is because you tried to change your destiny which is farm labour grin
You ought to have been settled in farm land grin
Now go back to school and do your masters in farm Labour
BSc. Should be farm and
Masters farm cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by Benrosaria(m): 9:05am On Aug 14, 2021
Authority1o1:
Okay...

The girl in question is rather unwise to take such a case to court.

Sueing for suspension is dumb. The suspension was clearly incurred by her appearance in the school environment which the school's attorney-at-law wouldn't take much pain in tagging a moral threat and ethically unacceptable.

Caning—which the school can deny it ever happened—hasn't even become outlawed in Nigeria, which makes her a appear like a desperado who wants to put a round peg in a square hole.

You think it’s on some little girl’s decision.... oh no.

It’s some new system of bringing our minds back to education.. which the government isn’t placing no value to it even when the intents was beautiful. Of course every kid has the right to life which is the most beautiful thing.

This story made a news for a reason trust me

1 Like

Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by od501: 9:05am On Aug 14, 2021
Seeksnigeria:
JSS1 student suspended for alleged indiscipline sues Ekiti govt, seeks N15m damages

https://www.google.com/amp/s/dailypost.ng/2021/08/13/jss1-student-suspended-for-alleged-indiscipline-sues-ekiti-govt-seeks-n15m-damages/%3famp=1

Na u find trouble, na u still run go sue person. So...everybody should run away cos of u ? Wakah
Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by bukatyne(f): 9:05am On Aug 14, 2021
phineas:
She has every right to sue them,we will not progress as a nation of we don't challenge these kinds of wrong appropriately to prevent them from happening again

The narcissists that were the teachers abuses their powers,why came a child 20 times for her hairstyle? Btw what's wrong with that hairstyle set,it's quite nice,but then it's ekiti

Sue them under child abuse laws,open a go fund me page for the girl and let Nigerians get her a better school

Ekiti people we see you,backward set of aggressive people nonsense

But the father brought Police men to beat the teachers, not so?

The School should counter sue them.

1 Like

Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by Eriokanmi: 9:05am On Aug 14, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

grin

Your own case na village people cause am. Sue them now!

1 Like

Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by RulerIAm(m): 9:05am On Aug 14, 2021
seunmsg:
The parent of the innocent girl just want to ruin her future with this greed reeking lawsuit. They should withdraw the suit immediately and allow the girl continue her education without this greedy induced distraction.
na policeman papa na. They are always greedy.
Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by Eriokanmi: 9:07am On Aug 14, 2021
Na wetin over sabi det cause be this oo. Ekiti too sabi book.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by Nobody: 9:07am On Aug 14, 2021
RZArecta:
Many parents keep overindulging their children till they become spoilt brats.

Don't you see their products everywhere? Yahoo boys & olosho/runz girls.
Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by Prozico22(m): 9:09am On Aug 14, 2021
This jss 1 girl make I talk
She dey Bleep
Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by Emeka71(m): 9:12am On Aug 14, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

grin

Your fault.
Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by Fiscus105(m): 9:13am On Aug 14, 2021
1shortblackboy:
20 strokes of the cane and suspensions is that not excessive for a hairstyle ? She no thief or kill person o

Were you there? And you never think is part of grand plan lies from stupid father who is supposed to be a symbol of discpline, ochestrated to win in the court.

Why did you silent where it was stated that he mobilized his colleagues to manhandle teachers?

4 Likes

Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by wetmenow: 9:13am On Aug 14, 2021
Some parents need brain therapy.
Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by Supreme01: 9:13am On Aug 14, 2021
An you believe she was truly rushed to clinic??. You can't attest to a makeup story?

earthsync:

Because of indecent hair do they should kill someone's child? Didn't you read the part that she was rushed to a clinic because of the kind of beating they gave her?
Even if the school denies this I'm sure there are witnesses who could testify against it

1 Like

Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by TheGift: 9:14am On Aug 14, 2021
I know Ekiti people like court cases (probably due to their love for academics/ many profs) but this one na de ultimate.
Seeksnigeria:
JSS1 student suspended for alleged indiscipline sues Ekiti govt, seeks N15m damages

https://www.google.com/amp/s/dailypost.ng/2021/08/13/jss1-student-suspended-for-alleged-indiscipline-sues-ekiti-govt-seeks-n15m-damages/%3famp=1
Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by Jinjinkoku: 9:15am On Aug 14, 2021
The internet does not forget. Now, it has become easy to watch the future of the girl unfold... To me, it's another upcoming agbero in the making. God keeping us. May we all be here in some 10-15 years time.
Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by saphiere(f): 9:16am On Aug 14, 2021
Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by GhostWisperer: 9:17am On Aug 14, 2021
Authority1o1:
Okay...

Sueing for suspension is dumb. The suspension was clearly incurred by her appearance in the school environment which the school's attorney-at-law wouldn't take much pain in tagging a moral threat and ethically unacceptable.

Caning—which the school can deny it ever happened—hasn't even become outlawed in Nigeria, which makes her a appear like a desperado who wants to put a round peg in a square hole.
lolz @ attorney at law.

How would the school justify suspending a child for the conduct of her parents in this context?

The school can deny canning? Did you read well? The canning was done at the assembly ground. They can't lie away from that.

Also 20 lashes has crossed from school discipline to assault.

Face it, many of our teachers are incompetent.

Any school which canes a child for indecent haircut is morally bankrupt and un-evolved.

Just send the student home with a written note.

No wonder we brew violence and monsters in society.

1 Like

Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by Lewisdinho(m): 9:17am On Aug 14, 2021
Baba leave plenty grammar
She go win this case
grin
Authority1o1:
Okay...

1 Like

Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by Reference(m): 9:18am On Aug 14, 2021
When you hear all the incidents and cases in developed nations that have led to civil rights and liberties in various spheres of life such as voting rights, black rights, indigenous Indian rights to the domestication of the rights of children, abortion rights, etc. This is how it all begins.

Today corporal punishment is non existent in the States, capital punishment is at the doors and corporations can be sued for practically any breach of liberties or harm their businesses potentially inflict on people.

Perhaps Nigeria is at last heading the way of civil rights and the rule of law. I salute her efforts and the efforts of her parents in establishing the fact that acts and deeds have consequences.

It may not be to everyone's taste but the truth his that the pendulum of incidents can swing both ways after the fact. It may seem distant to someone but badly affect another tomorrow. Innocent kids have been maimed and killed by over exhuberant school administrators in the past leaning on a culture of physical violence as detterent for misbehaviour and as a forge for good character. Nothing should be above the table of debate. Parents have rights too.

Civil actions bring out this debate for the moulding of a better society.

3 Likes

Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by Oracleforce: 9:18am On Aug 14, 2021
uchrikk:
She's just doing JSS1. I wonder what she would do by the time she gets to SS3.
Result of bad parenting.

I supported the parent....let them exercise their fundamentals. human rights...after all. if he didn't sue the state government, how would the "charge and bail" lawyer chop...? I trust naija lawyers, they will keep on expanding the case so that they will turn you to their ATM cards...
The parent should not agree with the Ekiti state government oh...he should pursue the matter to the Appellate court or Supreme Court if possible...
Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by Codes151(m): 9:18am On Aug 14, 2021
Authority1o1:
Okay...

what appearance?
Lol. You self no wise.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by bkool7(m): 9:18am On Aug 14, 2021
earthsync:

Because of indecent hair do they should kill someone's child? Didn't you read the part that she was rushed to a clinic because of the kind of beating they gave her?
Even if the school denies this I'm sure there are witnesses who could testify against it

The father claimEd they scolded her

The lawyer said she was given 20 lashes, fainted and was taken to hospital.

This case is not premised on the ability of the school to discipline a student. The lawyer is laying it the the violation of her right to education.
The Ekiti state police had already issued a query to the dad for misconduct.

We don't have the facts of this case cos the school cannot speak on it since it's in court

Let wait and see how the court will act.

But I'm sure the man will withdraw the case when his job is threatened
Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by Blackdisciple(m): 9:20am On Aug 14, 2021
So because of her hair cut and she was suspend??

Why didn't the school summon her parent instead of suspension that little girl from school, besides nothing is wrong with her hair cut....

They are lucky it wasn't little Success

Make them go settle the matter for court.
Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by harmony75: 9:21am On Aug 14, 2021
Her parents are not wise you will not always be there so let the school discipline your wards it takes a village to raise a child this is so unnecessary attention and distraction on their child!

1 Like

Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by ppaze(m): 9:22am On Aug 14, 2021
IVORY2009:

She is not wise, am telling you, first the school has rules and regulations regarding dress code, code of conduct, how her hair should look, perhaps low cut, but I guess she did otherwise, and she must have been told from day one of her admission into the secondary school, which she accepted, in other words, she has no case.

You think that is how the law works?? When they talked about "indecent dressing" it's because of this railway on her hair, not outrageous in any way, it is low cut, she didn't wear a wrong dress.
Now caning a JSS 1 student 20 strokes is child abuse (u get?), till she bled, she fainted and was rushed to the hospital. In the school rules, does it say u shouldn't have adornment on d hair? Can we then outlaw "sporting waves" which are artificial for the boys?
Make una leave law to lawyers. Morals and law are 2 separate things

1 Like

Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by samnaija: 9:22am On Aug 14, 2021
1shortblackboy:
20 strokes of the cane and suspensions is that not excessive for a hairstyle ? She no thief or kill person o

It seems you took what you like from the write up. You did not see the part after they disciplined her, the father came with 4 mobile police and beat up teachers in the school, this now lead to her suspension . And also the father was queried by the police force..
Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by tolguy(m): 9:22am On Aug 14, 2021
blessedemeritus:
Hello Nairalanders,
Having read many comments, and response to persons who share their story here on Nairaland and received several advice and positive opinions, I now have the courage and confidence to divulge on you for your guidance and recommendations.

Am a Law student in one of the state University, currently in my sophomore year, I'm in state dilemma as to what step to take next in life, because of my present situation in life, I'm the first child in the family of 4 and taking responsibility of my younger ones'. Because of the burden and responsibilities on me, my school fees, my needs and that of my kid ones' considering how things are tough for me, i think it will be difficult for me to continue my studies at this time.
I'm considering dropping out of school to huzzle or learn handwork to meet my kid ones' need and make life easy for us, because things are really difficult for us now. But will appreciate your candid advice on what to do, drop out to learn handwork? Which handwork will you suggest for me?
YOUR OPINIONS,
ADVISE,
RECOMMENDATION
SUGGESTIONS, will be appreciated.
NO INSULT PLEASE.

Current CGPA 4.70
why are you guys thinks everyone is a fool like you?
Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by Jsucre(m): 9:23am On Aug 14, 2021
SILVERLINES:
Me sef gonna sue my secondary School mathematics teacher
That big belly man maltreated me so much then in his class cos I wasn't good in mathematics.
but now you're good in nairaland

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) / Teacher Flogs Student, 12 Strokes, For Not Completing Her Homework (Photos) / DISCIPLE: Williams Uchemba Raises Alarm Over A Disturbing Trend In Schools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.