Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,250 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:40 AM

Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M (52065 Views)

Can You Go Back To JSS1 For 300million naira? / JSS1 Student Caught While Trying To Use 'Juju' On A Female Student In Lagos / Lagos Pegs Entry Age Into JSS1 At 12 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by nosmassam(m): 10:45am On Aug 14, 2021
This is how parents destroy the life of their children.
When teacher punish you for indecent dressing �instead of parent to beat such child again, see what the world ais turning into.
When we dey small, I der not tell my mother that my teacher beat, omo my life don done dat day.
Nonsense father and daughter
Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by losak9111(m): 10:45am On Aug 14, 2021
Please read very, I know the action of suspension came after her parent brought his colleagues to assault the school's Staff and mind you his father may still lost his job for illegal action. So never be happy for her
1shortblackboy:
20 strokes of the cane and suspensions is that not excessive for a hairstyle ? She no thief or kill person o
Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by pradof(m): 10:46am On Aug 14, 2021
Barrywilly:
All of you commenting on what you don't know, did you bother to find out the whole story or you just jumped to conclusions? Do you know the parents mobilized 4 policemen to the school to beat the teacher to coma? Do you know that the NUT would have gone on strike until she was suspended even though dismissal should have been the case. Instead of apologizing and seek for her reinstatement, they added salt to injuries by going to court. Who hasn't been caned in school before for one reason or another? Haven't you been caned for noise making or coming late before? Let watch our utterances pls

To have be caned before does not mean it is right. Many of us were naive of some of our fundamental human rights. There are laws in place, so violation of such laws should always attract consequences. We can only air our views we have not right to judge. Let the court do the justice. Selah
Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by freshboi88: 10:46am On Aug 14, 2021
Oloniyan:
The truth is both of them are wrong!
The School on their part should have dealt with her diplomatically either by sending her back home to redress the hairdo or by just giving her punishment measures with stern warning to cut it before coming the next day which could have averted all these unnecessary tainting of their image.

The student on her part was wrong as it is normal for EKiti state owned schools to have rules and regulations governing them on their behaviours and other aspects of their academic which she obviously flaunted.

Let see how this will pan out.
I'm from Ekiti though and i had my primary and secondary educations from there.
You can't take this hairdo to OHS and Fatoye or Olajiga will not finish your career with cane

Another nitwit. So did the JSS1 student take herself to the barbing saloon and decide the hair style she wanted to get?...is it not obvious she is still too small to make such decisions. So y punish her with 20 strokes of the cane for a decision she did not make.

How we think as Africans is dreadful. Do u know the emotion trauma that cane has put that small girl in. It could cause her to go into depression.

Why did the school not take it up with the parents rather than flogging a small Jss1 girl.

1 Like

Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by oyeb15: 10:48am On Aug 14, 2021
Is there anything like indecent hairstyle in our constitution but any punishment that result to injury or bruises is either an assault or battery and it's punishable under the law.
Moreover, it involves an underage child. The teacher that flogged her ought to be involved in the case too.

They have a good case. This will be a precidence to other school punishments.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by freshboi88: 10:48am On Aug 14, 2021
Oloniyan:
The School on their part should have dealt with her diplomatically either by sending her back home to redress the hairdo or by just giving her punishment measures with stern warning to cut it before coming the next day which could have averted all these unnecessary tainting of their image.

The student on her part was wrong as it is normal for EKiti state owned schools to have rules and regulations governing them on their behaviours and other aspects of their academic which she obviously flaunted.

You can't take this hairdo to OHS and Fatoye or Olajiga will not finish your career with cane

You are praising id.iots who brutalize children in the name of discipline. God help u
Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by Kingpin1000: 10:50am On Aug 14, 2021
1shortblackboy:
20 strokes of the cane and suspensions is that not excessive for a hairstyle ? She no thief or kill person o
Na labour I miss make them tell me to go fell palm tree.. in my days if you barb that kind hair, before you reach staff room you go don collect like 200 for seniors hand.
Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by freshboi88: 10:53am On Aug 14, 2021
LordJoffrey:
This is so stupid. When you enter into a contract with a party, it simply means you have accepted their offer without any modification. Now, the girl and the school are in a contract and they both have their considerations. Where the school provides education and guidance as its consideration, the girl provides conformity with the school's rules as her consideration.

If one of the rules of the school is now that no indecent haircut is allowed (where they've stated expressly what indecent in the context means), then it is the girl that has breached the contract and at such, the school can sue the girl for breach of contract but that's where morality and equity come in as it would be considered bad or inappropriate for the school to sue a child.

Another fool....talking rubbish..Dreadful opinion. So brutalizing and abusing a JSS
1 child is fine because she breached the school rules.

So because the school cannot sue the child then it's okay to abuse the child? 20 strokes of the cane for a Jss1 child....

God have pity on your soul

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by overseasnbeyond: 10:55am On Aug 14, 2021
What is indecent hairstyle?
What is decent to you could be indecent to others. Learn to tolerate others way of life. The father should be prosecuted for assault.
Moferere:
Orisirisi

You carry indecent hairstyle go school and you still get mind to sue
Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by freshboi88: 10:55am On Aug 14, 2021
Prolificgiant:
The girl should go and continue with her olosho business now if she isn't ready to take to correction

C this fowl...JsS 1 child. A baby girl less than 10 should go and continue with her olosho.
Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by freshboi88: 10:56am On Aug 14, 2021
blingxx:

Spoit !..your comment is the reason why the govt will never take little things seriously this is 2021 not 1993 .. Nigerians are really not ready for change

The matter tire me, reading comments here just weak me. This country will never get better cos of the morons that call themselves citizens
Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by freshboi88: 10:57am On Aug 14, 2021
HellVictorinho:

Those condemning the girl and her father don't understand certain things

Nobody has the right to beat anyone like that just because of the hairstyle

Some are talking about rules.
What sort of meaningless rules justify stuff like that??

Nonsense!!!

Abuse a child because of hairstyle Jss1 girl?
Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by freshboi88: 10:58am On Aug 14, 2021
phenzeek:
So the teachers mean to say the parent didn't see the hair cut b4 she left home? It's more of a case of beating a kid for not paying school fee, isn't that the parent's to do.
If the hair cut is perceived improper, simply send the child back home and invite his/her parent or guidance.
Build your case and you can win this. But I already know they will settle out of court thou.

Ehen see a sensible comment

1 Like

Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by iyimide(m): 11:05am On Aug 14, 2021
freshboi88:

Ehen see a sensible comment
Somebody that have sense..
Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by MrFly(m): 11:32am On Aug 14, 2021
The future is female, she has been raised by her parents to make it in Italy. Congrats to her. But wait! Parents beating up teachers? Suspension deserved
Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by tenpipsperday: 11:41am On Aug 14, 2021
Nigeria Police. The likes of Abba Kyari are many out there.
Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by Powersurge: 11:46am On Aug 14, 2021
seunmsg:
The parent of the innocent girl just want to ruin her future with this greed reeking lawsuit. They should withdraw the suit immediately and allow the girl continue her education without this greedy induced distraction.

I wonder how some of una dey think. Una just dey daft. Someone nearly killed a child because of "indecent hairstyle". If those idiots get to court and they are cross examined, can they define indecent hairstyle?

As if the inhumane treatment wasn't enough, you went ahead and send her away from school. Do you know the psychological effect such treatment could have on such child and her sense of self worth?

Yet typical Nigerian mofo like you want her parents to be like y'all and suck it in and continue life as if nothing had happened. Not everybody is a sissy.
Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by VTJN(m): 11:49am On Aug 14, 2021
Prozico22:
This jss 1 girl make I talk
She dey Bleep
Everything na bleep for your village smiley

No go sleep for one place. Come nairaland dey shout bleep bleep bleep. Ode smiley smiley
Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by jahsharon: 11:54am On Aug 14, 2021
blessedemeritus:
Hello Nairalanders,
Having read many comments, and response to persons who share their story here on Nairaland and received several advice and positive opinions, I now have the courage and confidence to divulge on you for your guidance and recommendations.

Am a Law student in one of the state University, currently in my sophomore year, I'm in state dilemma as to what step to take next in life, because of my present situation in life, I'm the first child in the family of 4 and taking responsibility of my younger ones'. Because of the burden and responsibilities on me, my school fees, my needs and that of my kid ones' considering how things are tough for me, i think it will be difficult for me to continue my studies at this time.
I'm considering dropping out of school to huzzle or learn handwork to meet my kid ones' need and make life easy for us, because things are really difficult for us now. But will appreciate your candid advice on what to do, drop out to learn handwork? Which handwork will you suggest for me?
YOUR OPINIONS,
ADVISE,
RECOMMENDATION
SUGGESTIONS, will be appreciated.
NO INSULT PLEASE.

Current CGPA 4.70

Drop out to do what? You have no responsibility because you have to wife nor kids. The younger siblings are your parents children and responsibility. Do not carry a load that is not yours.
Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by IVORY2009(m): 11:56am On Aug 14, 2021
freshboi88:

You are a fool. Nah Jss1 girl dem flog 20 strokes of the cane. Is she d one that gave herself d hair cut.

Y not call the parents n tell dem that she will not be allowed to school with such hairdo rather than flog a Jss1 girl 20 strokes of the Cain till she fainted

You fail to read and diggest what I wrote up there, most schools would give you code of conduct, during my days, you would be told, wear white stockings, cut your finger nails, iron your uniform after washings, wear sandlers, cut your hair low-cut and not punk, or style, finally I am not supporting the school authority subjecting her to punishment.
Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by SILVERLINES: 11:56am On Aug 14, 2021
Wordoftruth:
but now u don good abi!
for where bro
De big belly man really offered me a very bad foundation in mathematics
Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by herlecks(m): 12:09pm On Aug 14, 2021
blessedemeritus:
Hello Nairalanders,
Having read many comments, and response to persons who share their story here on Nairaland and received several advice and positive opinions, I now have the courage and confidence to divulge on you for your guidance and recommendations.

Am a Law student in one of the state University, currently in my sophomore year, I'm in state dilemma as to what step to take next in life, because of my present situation in life, I'm the first child in the family of 4 and taking responsibility of my younger ones'. Because of the burden and responsibilities on me, my school fees, my needs and that of my kid ones' considering how things are tough for me, i think it will be difficult for me to continue my studies at this time.
I'm considering dropping out of school to huzzle or learn handwork to meet my kid ones' need and make life easy for us, because things are really difficult for us now. But will appreciate your candid advice on what to do, drop out to learn handwork? Which handwork will you suggest for me?
YOUR OPINIONS,
ADVISE,
RECOMMENDATION
NO INSULT PLEASE.

Current CGPA 4.70
How have you been able to endure so far? God. Although it has been hard? You know, the true path you must choose to walk is that hard path, the crisis is the way not an obstacle. What you need to do now is stop thinking about "how" it is going to happen, focus on the "now." Tomorrow will sort itself. Give me your Facebook name, I'll pray on your picture and you will get money to complete your education. But always have in mind, "the God who has carried me thus far will carry me through."
Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by Johnboom: 12:18pm On Aug 14, 2021
Oloniyan:

You mean you attended Otun High School.
Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by gentleguy1975: 12:21pm On Aug 14, 2021
Authority1o1:
Okay...

The girl in question is rather unwise to take such a case to court.

Sueing for suspension is dumb. The suspension was clearly incurred by her appearance in the school environment which the school's attorney-at-law wouldn't take much pain in tagging a moral threat and ethically unacceptable.

Caning—which the school can deny it ever happened—hasn't even become outlawed in Nigeria, which makes her a appear like a desperado who wants to put a round peg in a square hole.
she claimed that the canning inflicted a life threatening scar on her body!
Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by tnerro1(m): 12:22pm On Aug 14, 2021
Na God go punish that teacher, you try this with my daughter, I swear, I go give boys better money to put you in hospital for at least a month.
Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by Aurelius1(m): 12:27pm On Aug 14, 2021
blessedemeritus:
Hello Nairalanders,

YOUR OPINIONS,
ADVISE,
RECOMMENDATION
NO INSULT PLEASE.

Current CGPA 4.70
You are law student and you can't spell "hustle". Anyway, with the present situation of the country, I'll suggest you learn repairs of keke napep. I live close to a guy who repairs keke. He makes nearly 10 to 12k daily.
Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by Miyachi: 12:28pm On Aug 14, 2021
Can a hairstyle be indecent?
What contstitues indecency in a hairstyle.
Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by phineas: 12:38pm On Aug 14, 2021
Most Nigerians are bloody hypocrites.ask them if anyone singles their 10 year old daughter out and gives her 20 lashes of canes in public for her haircut,without having discussed the matter with them the parents, what will they do,

No sane parent will take crap like that lightly,no sane society should,

The real joke here is how that hairstyle will be defined as indecent in court,indecent hairstyle? Ekiti Kete, we see you,bush people republic and yes I have a problem with them,they have refused to grow with the times,bunch of Stone Age people,and this case ladies and gentlemen is an example of an Ekiti school and their instructors.
Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by phineas: 12:40pm On Aug 14, 2021
bukatyne:

But the father brought Police men to beat the teachers, not so?

The School should counter sue them.

No one is stopping the school,but they should first settle the girls case,the lawyer should please add public apology in every major newspaper in addition to financial compensation that can pay for Harvard in future,I would like to see that
Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by Ucmeniah: 12:52pm On Aug 14, 2021
omoh.. 20 strokes of cane for a jss1 girl student in this 21st century is much ooo.. if it's in out time in constitution, we collect all pattern of flog...
Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by EndRape2(f): 1:03pm On Aug 14, 2021
Let nothing make you drop out of school, finish it, I repeat finish it, if you are the first let the second work and support others, when you are done, you can take the responsibilities.

I repeat do not drop school for any reason, let them bear till you finish.

blessedemeritus:
Hello Nairalanders,

YOUR OPINIONS,
ADVISE,
RECOMMENDATION
NO INSULT PLEASE.

Current CGPA 4.70
Re: Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M by Pickieox(m): 1:03pm On Aug 14, 2021
blessedemeritus:
Hello Nairalanders,

YOUR OPINIONS,
ADVISE,
RECOMMENDATION
NO INSULT PLEASE.

Current CGPA 4.70

Are you really sure about this?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Teacher Flogs Student, 12 Strokes, For Not Completing Her Homework (Photos) / 10 Best Performing States & Regions In WAEC 2021 / Answering Any 7 Of These Means Your IQ Is Really High.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.