Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,045 members, 7,810,863 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:13 PM

Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) (59028 Views)

Pictures Of Rihanna And Mum Then And Now. / Photo Of Rihanna And Donald Glover Everyone Is Talking About / Fans Slam B-Red For Claiming To Be A "Poor" Boy Before (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by Konpresor012(m): 10:04am On Aug 14, 2021
Previous thread: https://www.nairaland.com/6697492/rihanna-mum-told-me-igbo
The Nation Newspapers, in their article, quoted Forbes' official Instagram page as the source of Rihanna's comment.

But a check on Forbes' Instagram page shows that they made two posts about Rihanna, which had no such quote.

Pulse then did a thorough search of all Rihanna's most recent interviews and also found no such quote.

No report of this Rihanna's comment gave a credible source of the quote, which is a red flag.

Conclusion
After all checks, Pulse can confirm that this quote is fake. Rihanna has no known link to the Igbo tribe.

In a 2019 interview with The New York Times Style Magazine, the billionaire singer spoke of her ancestry.

"In my own household, my father is half black, half white. My mom is black from South America. I was seeing diversity. That's all I knew," she said.

Her mother, Monica Braithwaite, is Afro-Guyanese, while her father, Ronald Fenty, is of Afro-Barbadian and the British Isles ancestry.
https://www.pulse.ng/entertainment/celebrities/fact-check-the-widely-circulated-quote-of-rihanna-claiming-to-be-igbo-is-false/8l4l27e

40 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by IJOBA11: 10:07am On Aug 14, 2021
SOME PEOPLE ARE RESTLESS OVER THIS RIHANNA MATTER

320 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by FarahAideed: 10:08am On Aug 14, 2021
It's clear many people had sleepless night over that quote and went out to start digging cheesy

381 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by 10mobile: 10:15am On Aug 14, 2021
Ndị ụwa sef!

66 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by Newton85: 10:21am On Aug 14, 2021
It's very glaring that Rihanna never granted such spurious interview that her mother told her she's Igbo. No source, no link, the only thing one could read in the fake article is just some "in a recent interview" nonsense. No mention of when and where this interview happened, and no mention of who Rihanna granted such interview. Only ragtag Nigerian blogs and some incompetent media outlets disseminated the fake news. We know the people who lied against Rihanna claiming to be Igbo, they only wanted to use her to chestbeat and brag about their ethnic group. They've even done it a number of times to their own Chimamanda Adichie. It's their modus operandi, we sabi them.

152 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by Newton85: 10:25am On Aug 14, 2021
FarahAideed:
It's clear many people had sleepless night over that quote and went out to start digging cheesy
Well, I think it's a good thing to have "sleepless nights" over fake news. Only a despicably insecure people make up spurious things to feel good about themselves. Why do you Igbos love doing this? You've even done it to your own Chimamanda Adichie numerous times. Why did you people lie against Rihanna by claiming she said what she didn't say? Smh.

163 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by Earlystar698(m): 10:31am On Aug 14, 2021

3 Likes

Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 10:37am On Aug 14, 2021
cheesy grin grin

Yelobam moozelemz are always jealous of the great DOT Republic.

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by Asgard73: 10:39am On Aug 14, 2021
Na so the thing pain Yoruba people reach grin

Na wao!

Tribal Nigeria.

69 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by Obamaofusa: 10:50am On Aug 14, 2021
Newton85:
It's very glaring that Rihanna never granted such spurious interview that her mother told her she's Igbo. No source, no link, the only thing one could read in the fake article is just some "in a recent interview" nonsense. No mention of when and where this interview happened, and no mention of who Rihanna granted such interview. Only ragtag Nigerian blogs and some incompetent media outlets disseminated the fake news. We know the people who lied against Rihanna claiming to be Igbo, they only wanted to use her to chestbeat and brag about their ethnic group. They've even done it a number of times to their own Chimamanda Adichie. It's their modus operandi, we sabi them.

lol

Let people enjoy themselves now grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by Obamaofusa: 10:50am On Aug 14, 2021
Asgard73:
Na so the thing pain Yoruba people reach grin

Na wao!

Tribal Nigeria.

fulani terrorist

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by Monogamy: 10:50am On Aug 14, 2021
Interesting to know

This should also grace FP to counter the first thread

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by Newton85: 10:53am On Aug 14, 2021
Obamaofusa:

lol
Let people enjoy themselves now grin
Lol, okay.

2 Likes

Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by PrinceOfLagos: 10:53am On Aug 14, 2021
Stupid thread as this shouldn't grace the front page

Imagine what someone a woman carried for 9 months came up with this early morning , and mama wey born you go think sey she born better pikin.

Pulse news ko, Pulse mews ni.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by Obalatule: 10:54am On Aug 14, 2021
Our hateful ewedu, pretentious snake brethren has been in pains since this interview excerpts were released grin grin

66 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by KingOKON: 10:56am On Aug 14, 2021
Igbos just like the leader can lie for the universe
Nothing good will come from em

42 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by Monogamy: 10:57am On Aug 14, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:
Stupid thread as this shouldn't grace the front page

Imagine what someone a woman carried for 9 months came up with this early morning , and mama wey born you go think sey she born better pikin.

Pulse news ko, Pulse mews ni.

No,this is not stupid thread and it deserves to be on FP.

The first person that posted about Rihanna claiming Igbo said in a tweet, we have asked him for the tweet screenshot, it's almost a week now.

The second one that grace FP, that one also claimed in an interview, we asked for the video or transcript of the interview, nothing up till this moment..

Meanwhile, it's something that is now common from SE lately, unverified news....

Or do you have the said interview clip where Rihanna claimed her mum told her she's from Igbo origin?

61 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by GeneralPula: 10:59am On Aug 14, 2021
https://www.nairaland.com/6697492/rihanna-mum-told-me-igbo

Meanwhile, Flatinoz have shown different fake and unreal justification how Barbados people are from Anambra..

I’ve never been a lower self esteem carriers..

37 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by nob0dy: 11:00am On Aug 14, 2021
Damn OP, I am shocked you have to carry out a fact check on this. To what end exactly, I suspect envy.

25 Likes

Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by temptnow: 11:00am On Aug 14, 2021
Make una bury this matter na

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by GeneralPula: 11:00am On Aug 14, 2021
FarahAideed:

Is there a point in believing fake news?

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by Pumpumking: 11:00am On Aug 14, 2021

1 Like

Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by Shulum: 11:01am On Aug 14, 2021
grin
Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by KingOfAllIgbos: 11:01am On Aug 14, 2021
grin

WALAHI... i knew it was a LIE.

Seun... investigate your MODs. There's an openly pro - Igbo / Biafuro one amongst them.

32 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by Felabrity: 11:01am On Aug 14, 2021
Nigerian bloggers at it again

Just spreading trash without verifying

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by TOPCRUISE(m): 11:01am On Aug 14, 2021
There are many ways to create attention to yourself. One way is by spreading fake news and circulating false and controversial report.
The igbos got the needed admiration and attention they crave for at that moment.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by sammyj: 11:01am On Aug 14, 2021
The question going through my mind right now is how these claims will liberate Nigeria from the grip of our demonic rulers.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check) by EmekaBlue(m): 11:01am On Aug 14, 2021
cheesy

So una jealous to reach to do research on the online play

Na waa o.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nkechi Blessing Sunday Announces Breakup From Her Boyfriend / Bimbo Akisanya Rocks Cleveage-Baring Ankara Outfit (Photos) / Who Did This To Adekunle Gold? (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.