Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,382 members, 7,822,791 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

My Experience Today - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Experience Today (408 Views)

An Unhappy Lockdown Experience Today / My Lock-up Experience Today In Kano During This Lockdown. / My Experience Today With A Police Officer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Experience Today by Bornsinner7: 6:26pm On Aug 14, 2021
I abandoned my decoder for a very very long time so with the season kicking off I said to myself why don't I get it reinstalled so that I can watch matches at home. So I got it reinstalled and then I subscribed only for it to keep showing me an E30 error. I called customer care over and over to get it fixed but all to no avail until the last agent asked me to come to their office..

So today I took the decoder with me to their office, on my way back after alighting from a cab something caught my attention.. a vulcanizer had just finished pumping the bicycle tire of a kid of around 10 years or so.. the kid stretch out his hand giving the vulcanizer a 50 naira note.. the vulcanizer refused to take it from him but the kid shaked his head in disagreement still stretching out his hand for the man to collect the money..

The vulcanizer looked at the kid and waved his hand indicating that the kid should leave the payment but this kid kept shaking his head insisting that the man should take the money..

Though I walked pass them, I didn't know if the man later took the money from the kid

It was quite a scene, this is a kid that should be quick to put back the money into his pocket and ride to the nearest provision shop to get himself stick sweets and biscuits but rather insisted that the man should take what he has earned.. many adult wouldn't hesitate to take back their money with a big thank you

Maybe the vulcanizer thought within himself "this could be my kid, I will pump his tire for free and make him happy" but then the kid also thinking no dad you worked for it, take it, after all, you don't get free petrol to power your machine

I kept on thinking is it that the kid understands that emotions shouldn't be attached to business as the man only saw that he was just a kid or perhaps the kid was just trained to be selfless
Re: My Experience Today by Aliyeous(m): 6:37pm On Aug 14, 2021
well we all can't be the same can we?

charity begins at home

(1) (Reply)

How God Gave Me 3 Signs That My Husband Is The One For Me – Bride / CIMC Home UK - Get Best Quality Wholesale Home Decor UK Items / Breaking News: Obi Cubana Reveals Source Of Wealth To EFCC (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.