Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,627 members, 7,823,758 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

What's The Future Of Southern Nigeria If The North Falls To Terrorists - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What's The Future Of Southern Nigeria If The North Falls To Terrorists (30997 Views)

Abducted Abuja-Kaduna Train Victims: Pay Ransom To Terrorists, Gumi Tells FG / Faruk Yahaya: We’re Set To Take Battle To Terrorists’ Enclaves / Ozekhome: Why Northerners Are Scared Of Southern Governors’ Asaba Accord (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Future Of Southern Nigeria If The North Falls To Terrorists by Coldie(m): 6:08pm On Aug 16, 2021
Coldie:
Igbo land is the last region that can ever fall to terrorists especially the ones that has anything to do with Islam.

Igbo land is 99% christians, unlike other regions with significant amount of Muslims
Highest thing that will happen is that at a point in time Nigerians will all join the Taliban's and start acting like igbos caused everything
Re: What's The Future Of Southern Nigeria If The North Falls To Terrorists by alowonle02(m): 6:08pm On Aug 16, 2021
Hmm this is serious and I think Nigeria president should take proactive step now to curb the insurgency.
Re: What's The Future Of Southern Nigeria If The North Falls To Terrorists by Nobody: 6:19pm On Aug 16, 2021
naija4life247:
Afghanistan shares border with Russia, yet Taliban no dey pass their boundary enter Russia because they know it will take Russia few hours to wipe out Taliban and join Afghanistan to Russia forever.

So, of Book Haram takes over the Northern land of sorrow, tears and blood and fully establishes its government of killing and maiming, Lower Niger will protect and secure its boundaries
please go back to your map,Afghanistan does not share border with Russia
Re: What's The Future Of Southern Nigeria If The North Falls To Terrorists by Gerrard59(m): 6:21pm On Aug 16, 2021
babaolofin:

These things you wrote here don't work that way. I can see you are an IBO man from few words I picked in your posting. Amina at the U.N. does not control any influence on the decision taken by the world powers. Blocking of borders and sending Buratai to Benin Republic have nothing to do with the issue under discussion. I wouldn't want to mention the Ambassador sent to Cameroon. They have no meaning under emergency situation.

Accra to Lagos is shorter than Lagos to Abuja. Lagos to Abidjan (Ivory Coast ) is shorter than Lagos to Kano. Islamic terrorism can only thrive where they have legal ground, population and familiar terrain. Whatever happens here automatically affects nations from Benin Republic up to Liberia. Presently, it is the FG intervention which hide under Nigeria sovereignty to protect the Fulanis that is making you to think that way. Under emergency situations, the military, Intelligence Agencies, Police and other paramilitary would be divided along ethnic lines. I stop here.

The belief that things will get better in Nigeria is whet your problem lies. Here it's: things don't get better in Nigeria, they get worse. From current situation, it will be worse than I envisaged.

1 Like

Re: What's The Future Of Southern Nigeria If The North Falls To Terrorists by Gerrard59(m): 6:24pm On Aug 16, 2021
Xbobtage:
I agree with you, that the trajectory of this country is one where the Bokoharam/ISIS gain enough momentum where they can over power the nigerian Army or start power Sharing. Anyone who is not already understanding/accepting the realism of this is not a deep thinker.

Shekau has always been clear, Bokoharam's mission is to erase western education and bring ALL of nigeria under islamic Rule, This is their long term Goal and mission.

The group has gone very far from being splinter cells of a terror group to a Juggernaut that now controls large swats of territory in many . northern states, in partnership with ISIS which already is a sort of a Quasi government in Libya, Iraq and somalia. In other words its not wrong to say that Bokoharam is Backed by governments - People with infinite sources of money from Oil and taxes imposed on people living in the territories they currently control.

For you to understand the mindset of a typical bokoharam supporter, You have to understand that the Bokoharam fighters are fighting for is what right according to the Quran, they believe that by converting you to Islam they are helping you and your children unborn to save their souls to make it to the Kingdom of God. And they believe they are also doing this to Gain Favor in the Eyes of God. How can you stop a people with this type of resolve.

Any true muslim knows and believes that what Bokoharam is fighting for is right by the words of Allah,(although, they may not like How Bokoharam is going about trying to Achieve thier Agenda).

So how can Bokoharam fighter defeat the nigerian Military and overwhelm the north? Its happening before our eyes.

* The nigerian Military already is currently rehabilitating BH fighters and putting them in the military, if you remember that this is an Ideology, then you can understand that a Bokoharam fighter can never change.
* The Nigerian Military is Primarily based off the North of Nigeria. Armory, Training facilities, Planes, Jet fighters all domiciled in the north.
* There are more Muslims as top commanders and as foot soldiers in all of the three nigerian Military and even police. That explains the Arabic written words on the nigerian Army's Emblem, if truly Nigeria was a secular country or one that respects the existence of the christian populace, those words in Arabic wouldnt be there)

So all you need a Military Chief of staff that shares the same ideals as bokoharam and is balsy enough to make a move, and boom, Non muslim top members of the military would be arrested, others would flee the country, foot soldiers who are unwilling to comply would be killed or also arrested and there you have it, the nigerian military machine is in the hands of Bokoharam, then they would start taking cities as you see the taliban do, those who accept islam would be spared, ISIS did the same in iraq and syria in 2015 or so i guess. That being the case, no southern state, stands a fighting chance, People who accept islam might be offered large benefits and believe it or not, that would cause alot of communities to convert, the same way a lot communities were made to renounce their ethnicity during the Biafran war.

It may not be the all out aggressive way that you are thinking, it might be sort of systematic. They may look for a soft landing initially by saying something like after going through census, its clear that the muslim population of nigeria is now more than 60% and that they have declare that nigeria is now a muslim state just like malaysia, churches would now need special permissions to function. Then, slowly, slowly eat into every fabric of your daily life, until it becomes illegal to be anything but a "true practising Muslim", it was done in Iran.

If you think its impossible to have a radicalized muslim in a top military position, you should remember your current minister of communication who has professed his love for the ways of Bokoharam(Alqeada), If you can have that as an aid to the president, then anything is possible.

Cc: Tensazangetsu20

Here is the summation of what we've been saying all along.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Future Of Southern Nigeria If The North Falls To Terrorists by Powersurge: 6:25pm On Aug 16, 2021
sketcherJ:
which war please?

I hope you sre not being sarcastic? If so, I would be wasting my responses.

Notwithstanding, I follow up on my wars from Italian-Ethopia war to Islamic schism that to to the division of Islam to Orthoma war, to Israel-Arab wars. The list is long..
Re: What's The Future Of Southern Nigeria If The North Falls To Terrorists by tensazangetsu20(m): 6:32pm On Aug 16, 2021
Gerrard59:

Cc: Tensazangetsu20

Here is the summation of what we've been saying all along.
Gbam let they continue speaking English until E set.
Re: What's The Future Of Southern Nigeria If The North Falls To Terrorists by Hassanmaye(m): 7:56pm On Aug 16, 2021
LLiKYekoba:
We'll build a WALL longer and taller than the Great wall of China. Keep the northern terrorist ragheads in their region.
Hahahhahahaha
Re: What's The Future Of Southern Nigeria If The North Falls To Terrorists by Hassanmaye(m): 7:57pm On Aug 16, 2021
cheruv:
The future of southern Nigeria would be bleak because there are more southern idiots than rational beings
Haha
Re: What's The Future Of Southern Nigeria If The North Falls To Terrorists by Hassanmaye(m): 7:59pm On Aug 16, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

Walai. Igbo land will be Islamised first.
Hahahhahahaha please abeg stop my stomach grin grin
Re: What's The Future Of Southern Nigeria If The North Falls To Terrorists by DisLifeSha: 8:03pm On Aug 16, 2021
You can go to Afghanistan

The5DME:
I don't care about anything regarding Nigeria. E no concern me. I jus want leave this country; that's all I care about.
Re: What's The Future Of Southern Nigeria If The North Falls To Terrorists by Positivepoint(m): 8:09pm On Aug 16, 2021
Dybala11:

Really??
If the U.S is a Christian country, then Nigeria is a Muslim country then.
You're a liar, NATO is not a religious body but a military alliance of nations, Infact NATO protected Muslims in the Balkans during the Bosnian wars. Very soon, you'll even claim that the U.N is a religious organization too.
Secondly, you claim that ISIS was sponsored by the U.S, but the U.S provided air supports for the Kurdish forces while they were closing in on El-Baghdadi??
How do you reconcile the U.S efforts in the annihilation of ISIS??
Till date, the allegations made by Recep Erdogan, the President of Turkey that the US was providing support for ISIS has not been proven, he even said that he has pictures, videos and info to prove it all but the world is still waiting for the evidence he claimed exist.

If your point of argument is that all the nations in power are guilty of one misactions or another, I agree with that. But give proofs to back your assertions not mere hearsay or allegations.

Leadership of both NATO and us are Christians so they are both pro Christianity
Re: What's The Future Of Southern Nigeria If The North Falls To Terrorists by KillingIsFun: 11:24am On Aug 17, 2021
I would have replied to this garbage mention earlier, but I realise that being stupid isn't a crime on the statute books of any country, so I decided to chill and do a few more worthwhile things before I respond.

I was in Kishi in Oyo State earlier this year. Kishi is about 65 kilometres from Nigeria's boundary with Benin Republic (about an hour's drive), in fact, it is nearer to Benin Republic than Ibadan which is the capital of Oyo State.

All thoughout my time there, car smugglers were using over 300 different smuggling routes to bring in exotic cars, bags of rice, bags of beans, alcohol etc from Benin Republic and Burkina Faso and customs could not do a damn thing to stop them. Smuggling arms is child's play. When it happens, you will be powerless to do anything to stop it. Many of the customs personnel who are serving on the Benin border are Yorubas. I'm close to quite a few of them and I know their views on the Igboho incident. Let me just say that if you are expecting them to betray their own people, you are in for a big disappointment.

I'm just begging you, BEGGING YOU and your fellow headslammers to throw caution to the winds and just try and launch an invasion of Yorubaland. There wouldn't be enough land to dig graves for the burial of your corpses.

And if you think the Middle Belt will come to your rescue, well, I can only say that you are displaying the lack of intelligence that has made you as poor and wretched as you are today.

Continue dreaming.

[img]https://images./HFP77UEQn3yIy6Dl3s3ZY.jpg[/img]
[img]https://images./6fDKVD16Hb1jZ8f7dkWCS.jpg[/img]
[img]https://images./5plnDvh8h7Tdh7Y7g17zS1.jpg[/img]

Gerrard59:

With which weapons? Do you know your ambassadors to Benin Republic and Cameroon? Do you know that Buhari has tested all his strategies at blocking borders? Has his sister at the UN? Lobbies western powers and think-tanks? Talking about the Middle Belt, how are the young males coping? Small retaliation they gave islamists in Jos, the Nigerian state has attacked them with weapons aiming to kill the young males. How are they fighting Fulani warlords in Benue? Taraba? Southern Kaduna? Who is fighting those Fulani warlords slaughtering Igbos in Enugu, Ebonyi and Imo? Who is fighting against same Islamic Fulani herdsmen in Delta, Ogun, Ekiti and Ondo?

Keep writing English. Las las, you would be offered Islam or death, you make your choice.

1 Like

Re: What's The Future Of Southern Nigeria If The North Falls To Terrorists by Gerrard59(m): 11:47am On Aug 17, 2021
KillingIsFun:
I would have replied to this garbage mention earlier, but I realise that being stupid isn't a crime on the statute books of any country, so I decided to chill and do a few more worthwhile things before I respond.

I was in Kishi in Oyo State earlier this year. Kishi is about 65 kilometres from Nigeria's boundary with Benin Republic (about an hour's drive), in fact, it is nearer to Benin Republic than Ibadan which is the capital of Oyo State.

All thoughout my time there, car smugglers were using over 300 different smuggling routes to bring in exotic cars, bags of rice, bags of beans, alcohol etc from Benin Republic and Burkina Faso and customs could not do a damn thing to stop them. Smuggling arms is child's play. When it happens, you will be powerless to do anything to stop it. Many of the customs personnel who are serving on the Benin border are Yorubas. I'm close to quite a few of them and I know their views on the Igboho incident. Let me just say that if you are expecting them to betray their own people, you are in for a big disappointment.

Continue dreaming.

[

Olodo thinks I'm a Fulani. You must be out of your mind. Who heads the Custom? A Yoruba man? Why do you think those Yoruba personnel cannot be reposted elsewhere? Currently, Boko Haram members are being released or as they say "repented" into the society. Do you know the consequences that will bring?

Anyway, I'm here to remind you when Nigeria becomes West Africa's Afghanistan. Please don't deactivate this account.

1 Like

Re: What's The Future Of Southern Nigeria If The North Falls To Terrorists by KillingIsFun: 12:45pm On Aug 17, 2021
Afghanistan has ALWAYS been a 99% Muslim Country. Afghanistan unlike Nigeria is not an artificial creation of Britain.

The Taliban is actually the people of Afghanistan themselves which is why it was so easy for them to take over.

The Americans stupidly thought that you can teach those primitive savages about democracy, freedom of religion and equal
rights and after 20 years and nearly 1 trillion dollars, they are realizing that the opposite is the case.

So your wet dream about about Islamizing Southern Nigeria is just that: A Wet Dream.

If they like let them make the Dullard himself the head of customs. We will still find a way to defend ourselves.

Gerrard59:

Olodo thinks I'm a Fulani. You must be out of your mind. Who heads the Custom? A Yoruba man? Why do you think those Yoruba personnel cannot be reposted elsewhere? Currently, Boko Haram members are being released or as they say "repented" into the society. Do you know the consequences that will bring?

Anyway, I'm here to remind you when Nigeria becomes West Africa's Afghanistan. Please don't deactivate this account.
Re: What's The Future Of Southern Nigeria If The North Falls To Terrorists by Jomonix: 1:01pm On Aug 17, 2021
tensazangetsu20:
I was watching a documentary today on CNN about the Talibans capture of a major city in Afghanistan. The first thing they did was to get all girls from age 12 and above for the commanders and various members to get married to and it got me thinking. The Taliban and the various terror groups in the north all share the same ideology. No amount of weapons or super intelligence can defeat this guys. I mean the USA poured in over 20 billion dollars in Afghanistan. Sent in high end weapons, trained the Afghan troops yet they still lost the war. 20 years gone, thousands of Americans dead and the war was lost.

If a whole America couldn't defeat the Taliban what is the fate of the Nigerian army in winning the boko haram war. They are even recruited into the same army and people in the south are just sitting down. Whether people like it or not. Those guys will take over the north and when they do what happens to the south. I mean people make a lot of noise on social media but we all know southern tribes aren't used to wars or warrior like in nature compared to the north that has known and fought all kinds of wars. Even if the country divides as people want it to. Will independent southern nations have the resources to fight the terror groups in the north. With Afghanistan under taliban control it will become a training and funding ground for all forms of terror group.

I have always predicted southern Nigeria to be like congo or Liberia in the future but with what's going on in the north it might be much worst than Afghanistan and Yemen put together.

Majority of the Afghans share same ideology as the Taliban but align with USA because of the availability of US dollar. This is the only reason why USA failed to defeat them.
Re: What's The Future Of Southern Nigeria If The North Falls To Terrorists by Dybala11(m): 2:56pm On Aug 17, 2021
Positivepoint:

Leadership of both NATO and us are Christians so they are both pro Christianity
Another lie and propaganda from your imaginations, the Secretary general of NATO, Jens Stoltenberg is even an atheist. grin

How will you reconcile the fact that the Secretary general of the organization, with your assumption or outright lie that the organization is a pro-christian one. Have you ever seen a Church using an Imam as it's head or a Mosque with a Pastor as it's head, your assumptions defy all logic sir.
NATO is not a religious organization, they don't even engage in so called religious/holy wars like you're insinuating. The organization is a military alliance of nations.

I don't even know what you're trying to insinuate sef, believing that NATO is a religious organization of nations like "The organization of Islamic Cooperation".
Learn to see life beyond the shady lens of religion, ciao.
Re: What's The Future Of Southern Nigeria If The North Falls To Terrorists by Positivepoint(m): 3:01pm On Aug 17, 2021
Dybala11:

Another lie and propaganda from your imaginations, the Secretary general of NATO, Jens Stoltenberg is even an atheist. grin
How will you reconcile the fact that the Secretary general of the organization, with your assumption or outright lie that the organization is a pro-christian one. Have you ever seen a Church using an Imam as it's head or a Mosque with a Pastor as it's head, your assumptions defy all logic sir.
NATO is not a religious organization, they don't engage in so called holy war like you're insinuating. The organization is a military alliance of nations.

I don't even know what your call your case o, so in your belief NATO is a religious organization of nations like "The organization of Islamic Cooperation".
Learn to see life beyond the shady lens of religion, ciao.

NATO is European and American alliance. The country that formed NATO are Christian countries.
Re: What's The Future Of Southern Nigeria If The North Falls To Terrorists by Gerrard59(m): 3:21pm On Aug 17, 2021
KillingIsFun:
Afghanistan has ALWAYS been a 99% Muslim Country. Afghanistan unlike Nigeria is not an artificial creation of Britain.

The Taliban is actually the people of Afghanistan themselves which is why it was so easy for them to take over.

So your wet dream about about Islamizing Southern Nigeria is just that: A Wet Dream.

If they like let them make the Dullard himself the head of customs. We will still find a way to defend ourselves.

I really want to know,

Looking at the history of Islamic fundamentalism and terrorism, why do you think Nigeria cannot be islamised?
Re: What's The Future Of Southern Nigeria If The North Falls To Terrorists by Dybala11(m): 4:08pm On Aug 17, 2021
Positivepoint:

NATO is European and American alliance. The country that formed NATO are Christian countries.
All the best for you, no need to argue with you further. In your opinion NATO is a religious organization.
Re: What's The Future Of Southern Nigeria If The North Falls To Terrorists by efigreat: 9:17pm On Aug 17, 2021
body language in Nigeria : (1) repentant terrorists pampered.
(2) self determination is crime for SE SW but politcians move from party to party. Maradi has strong brotherhood ties .
(3) self defence criminalised and monopolised by govt actors.

conclusion: dictatorship or genocide or jihad scenairo should be prevented by a national conference of ethnic nationalities under UN International watch.
Re: What's The Future Of Southern Nigeria If The North Falls To Terrorists by fkj950ax(m): 1:49am On Aug 18, 2021
tensazangetsu20:
I was watching a documentary today on CNN about the Talibans capture of a major city in Afghanistan. The first thing they did was to get all girls from age 12 and above for the commanders and various members to get married to and it got me thinking.

But this is not true
Re: What's The Future Of Southern Nigeria If The North Falls To Terrorists by DonroxyII: 4:29am On Aug 18, 2021
efigreat:
body language in Nigeria : (1) repentant terrorists pampered.
(2) self determination is crime for SE SW but politcians move from party to party. Maradi has strong brotherhood ties .
(3) self defence criminalised and monopolised by govt actors.

conclusion: dictatorship or genocide or jihad scenairo should be prevented by a national conference of ethnic nationalities under UN International watch.
Same UN that watched Covid spread to the world which anger Trump ... you don't know chumchin!! .... The Globe is not fair anymore !
Re: What's The Future Of Southern Nigeria If The North Falls To Terrorists by DonroxyII: 4:37am On Aug 18, 2021
Positivepoint:

lol, all this small small kids ..

Try spend sometimes on Google before posting OK, Research your mindset ...

Europe and America are not Christian countries... Christ doesn't promote Gays or Guns .... Colonialism, Neo Colonialism, Sabotage and Betrayal, Rascism and ultimately Slavery .....

NATO is for Business and Protection and Defence of Business ... Western Nations Economic Values and Interest .... NATO is not meant for propagation of Christ nor evangelism ......

Stop giving your brains some lies and succour... Africa child go out there and be Knowledgeable.... Caucasians will not help you, European will not help you whether you are a Christian or Muslim, if you don't serve the Economic interest or benefits, they will wreck you !!
Re: What's The Future Of Southern Nigeria If The North Falls To Terrorists by Positivepoint(m): 5:47am On Aug 18, 2021
DonroxyII:
lol, all this small small kids ..

Try spend sometimes on Google before posting OK, Research your mindset ...

Europe and America are not Christian countries... Christ doesn't promote Gays or Guns .... Colonialism, Neo Colonialism, Sabotage and Betrayal, Rascism and ultimately Slavery .....

NATO is for Business and Protection and Defence of Business ... Western Nations Economic Values and Interest .... NATO is not meant for propagation of Christ nor evangelism ......

Stop giving your brains some lies and succour... Africa child go out there and be Knowledgeable.... Caucasians will not help you, European will not help you whether you are a Christian or Muslim, if you don't serve the Economic interest or benefits, they will wreck you !!

I guess u where sleeping when ur pope accepted gay union

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2020/11/02/world/europe/pope-gay-civil-unions.amp.html
Re: What's The Future Of Southern Nigeria If The North Falls To Terrorists by otorman: 7:15am On Aug 20, 2021
Nigerian GOT loading as a premonition by OP right
Re: What's The Future Of Southern Nigeria If The North Falls To Terrorists by olioxx(m): 9:22am On Aug 20, 2021
tensazangetsu20 you ask for the mention, here it is. Link to WhatsApp group needed.
Re: What's The Future Of Southern Nigeria If The North Falls To Terrorists by Gerrard59(m): 11:23pm On Aug 26, 2021
Xbobtage:
I agree with you, that the trajectory of this country is one where the Bokoharam/ISIS gain enough momentum where they can over power the nigerian Army or start power Sharing. Anyone who is not already understanding/accepting the realism of this is not a deep thinker.

Shekau has always been clear, Bokoharam's mission is to erase western education and bring ALL of Nigeria under Islamic Rule, This is their long term goal and mission.

The group has gone very far from being splinter cells of a terror group to a Juggernaut that now controls large swaths of territory in many. northern states, in partnership with ISIS which already is a sort of a Quasi-government in Libya, Iraq and Somalia. In other words, it's not wrong to say that Bokoharam is Backed by governments - People with infinite sources of money from Oil and taxes imposed on people living in the territories they currently control.

For you to understand the mindset of a typical Boko haram supporter, You have to understand that the Bokoharam fighters are fighting for is what right according to the Quran, they believe that by converting you to Islam they are helping you and your children unborn to save their souls to make it to the Kingdom of God. And they believe they are also doing this to Gain Favor in the Eyes of God. How can you stop people with this type of resolve?

Any true muslim knows and believes that what Bokoharam is fighting for is right by the words of Allah,(although, they may not like How Bokoharam is going about trying to Achieve thier Agenda)

Aka Taqiyya. They try to rationalise attacks by Islamic terrorists who clearly state that they commit these henious atrocities in the name of allah.

So how can Bokoharam fighter defeat the nigerian Military and overwhelm the north? Its happening before our eyes.

* The Nigerian Military already is currently rehabilitating BH fighters and putting them in the military, if you remember that this is an Ideology, then you can understand that a Bokoharam fighter can never change.
* The Nigerian Military is Primarily based off the North of Nigeria. Armory, Training facilities, Planes, Jet fighters all domiciled in the north.
* There are more Muslims as top commanders and as foot soldiers in all of the three nigerian Military and even police
. That explains the Arabic written words on the nigerian Army's Emblem, if truly Nigeria was a secular country or one that respects the existence of the christian populace, those words in Arabic wouldnt be there)

So all you need is a Military Chief of staff that shares the same ideals as Boko haram and is bold enough to make a move, and boom, Non-muslim top members of the military would be arrested, others would flee the country, foot soldiers who are unwilling to comply would be killed or also arrested and there you have it, the Nigerian military machine is in the hands of Bokoharam, then they would start taking cities as you see the Taliban do, those who accept islam would be spared, ISIS did the same in Iraq and Syria in 2015 or so I guess. That being the case, no southern state, stands a fighting chance, People who accept Islam might be offered large benefits and believe it or not, that would cause a lot of communities to convert, the same way a lot of communities were made to renounce their ethnicity during the Biafran war.

Also, It may not be the all-out aggressive way that you are thinking, it might be sort of systematic. They may look for a soft landing initially by saying something like after going through census, its clear that the Muslim population of Nigeria is now more than 60% and that they have declared that Nigeria is now a Muslim state just like Malaysia, churches would now need special permissions to function. Then, slowly, slowly eat into every fabric of your daily life, until it becomes illegal to be anything but a "true practising Muslim", it was done in Iran.

If you think it's impossible to have a radicalized Muslim in a top military position, you should remember your current minister of communication who has professed his love for the ways of Bokoharam(Alqeada), If you can have that as an aid to the president, then anything is possible.

Few days, this post was made.

- Nigeria's foremost military academy - NDA - was invaded by Islamic terrorists who killed two Igbo officers and kidnapped one, assuming he is still alive. Note: all were/are Christians.

- Ebonyi in the SE - Nigeria's Christian most dominant region - accepted 6BN naira to host cattle colonies in the name of RUGA. Do you see the current crises in Plateau? Benue? They would be small compared to what will happen in Ebonyi in the next 3 - 5 years. Prior to this acceptance, jihadists disguising as herdsmen have killed over 50 Igbos (mostly men; Fulani terrorists target the young men in agrarian communities), razed farms and raped women. Also, in Enugu, they have slaughtered residents of a community close to Nsukka to the extent they cannot go to their farms. Other RUGA-ed states are Oyo, Ekiti, Kogi, Ondo and I am very sure Cross River due to the blockhead who calls himself Ayade.

Gerrard59:

How were Fulani terrorists doing it before? Youths in an Enugu community killed their cows for trespassing their farmlands only for the marauders to go on a rampage slaughtering innocent Igbos. What happened? The police demanded the community sign an agreement with the terrorists to allocate land for herding and promise not to disturb them before the corpses are released.

Why do you think it will be different this time?

Gerrard59:
In return, Fulani herdsmen occupy those lands further advancing Uthman Dan Fodio's aim of dipping the Koran into the Atlantic Ocean by no other means than conquest and subduction. That's the only way Islam has spread - fight, conquer the defeated and impose itself.

Unfortunately, elites such as George Akume, David Mark and Gabriel Suswam have been mysteriously silent. Give it a max of twenty years (if Nigeria exists till then), Fulani will conquer Benue, have a member representing a senatorial district and install an Emir. The same happened to Plateau where Ahmed Idris Wase is representing a region that was in the 1960s predominantly non-Fulani and Christian in 2021 as a Fulani and Muslim.

Jihad is coming near you fellow Nigerians.

Gerrard59:
The way I see it, Fulanis are on a mission to create a Wase Constituency in Benue. Wase is an area in Plateau that was populated by ethnic minorities groups who are predominantly Christians during the 60s. Today, it's a Fulani enclave that has its own federal constituency (the only of such for a very small area) and whose representative is Idris Ahmed Wase - Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives.

When that is achieved, they move towards enthroning an Emir in that part of the state. My worry is Benue abuts Igbo land and this means in the future, a pertinent issue Igbos will have is guarding their lands against marauding Fulani Islamists. This consumes scarce resources and distorts energies youths should have used for profitable ventures.

Gerrard59:

Ahmed Idris Wase is a Fulani man, so it's expected. He's not a Judas Iscariot. That he's from Plateau doesn't mean he is part of the indigenous ethnic groups in Plateau. At best, he's an intruder. Remember, Wase as an electoral constituency was created due to persistent infighting by the Fulanis. This made the Wase Plateau's first Muslim dominated area in a predominantly Christian state. It's like having such in Bayelsa and you'd have an Ahmed Idris representing that constituency in Bayelsa whereas he's not Ijaw.

What I see happening across the Middle Belt is another Wase whereby Fulanis terrorise the indigenous population to flee their lands and afterwards occupy them thereby enthroning themselves. In future elections, they become electoral representatives, change the names of the communities and institute laws favourable to them. The ultimate aim is to islamise Nigeria and dip the Koran into the Atlantic ocean

I am here to remind everyone.

1 Like

Re: What's The Future Of Southern Nigeria If The North Falls To Terrorists by sultry69(m): 3:04pm On Aug 27, 2021
Karleb:
Whether we'll win or not isn't the question.

The question should be, have we tried to win this war?

Since the days of GEJ, the northerners have been firmly behind Boko Haram. Some northerners are only against them now because they killed Muslims. Trust me, if Boko Haram and bandits targets were southerners and Christians alone, most northerns would still be firmly behind them.

The northerns have done their best to frustrate the pseudo efforts of the government, especially this present administration.

The thing seems like a joke to me, how can you send aides to pay for ransom to bandits and tell me you don't know where they are?
You take pictures with them, have a round table discussion with them but yet, you don't know their locations?

Remember what OBJ did in Niger Delta? How he cleared those militants after having a group discussion with them? Trust me, we can pull something as easy as that off, especially with the fact that majority of these Boko Haram and Bandits have very low IQ.

There is a saying in yoruba that, if you don't play, you can't win.

As for the future of the South, we have oil, we are intelligent amongst other things.
The southern states are the best in Nigeria.
It's the safest place to be in Nigeria.
If you remove the northern affiliation and for the fact that we don't get to share revenues with the north who are much than us in terms of number of geopolitical zone, state and population, we will do very fine. We'll also easily attract foreign investors.
I swear,oyel dey your head wella
Re: What's The Future Of Southern Nigeria If The North Falls To Terrorists by Gudiza(m): 6:44pm On Sep 24, 2021
angry
Re: What's The Future Of Southern Nigeria If The North Falls To Terrorists by Gerrard59(m): 9:42am On Oct 03, 2021
cheruv:

I don't know why you prefer to be stupid all the time cry
It must really be tough for friends, family and associates dealings with your purulent stupidity undecided

But he was right na: https://westafricaweekly.substack.com/p/cornflakes-for-jihad-the-boko-haram?r=p0z0&utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=web&utm_source=
Re: What's The Future Of Southern Nigeria If The North Falls To Terrorists by Gerrard59(m): 1:52am On Jun 11, 2022
Xbobtage:

Shekau has always been clear, Bokoharam's on a mission is to erase western education and bring ALL of nigeria under islamic Rule, This is their long term Goal and mission.

The group has gone very far from being splinter cells of a terror group to a Juggernaut that now controls large swats of territory in many . northern states, in partnership with ISIS which already is a sort of a Quasi government in Libya, Iraq and somalia. In other words its not wrong to say that Bokoharam is Backed by governments - People with infinite sources of money from Oil and taxes imposed on people living in the territories they currently control.

For you to understand the mindset of a typical bokoharam supporter, You have to understand that the Bokoharam fighters are fighting for is what right according to the Quran, they believe that by converting you to Islam they are helping you and your children unborn to save their souls to make it to the Kingdom of God. And they believe they are also doing this to Gain Favor in the Eyes of God. How can you stop a people with this type of resolve.

Any true muslim knows and believes that what Bokoharam is fighting for is right by the words of Allah,(although, they may not like How Bokoharam is going about trying to Achieve thier Agenda).

* The nigerian Military already is currently rehabilitating BH fighters and putting them in the military, if you remember that this is an Ideology, then you can understand that a Bokoharam fighter can never change.
* There are more Muslims as top commanders and as foot soldiers in all of the three nigerian Military and even police. That explains the Arabic written words on the nigerian Army's Emblem, if truly Nigeria was a secular country or one that respects the existence of the christian populace, those words in Arabic wouldnt be there)

So all you need a Military Chief of staff that shares the same ideals as bokoharam and is balsy enough to make a move, and boom, Non muslim top members of the military would be arrested, others would flee the country, foot soldiers who are unwilling to comply would be killed or also arrested and there you have it, the nigerian military machine is in the hands of Bokoharam, then they would start taking cities as you see the taliban do, those who accept islam would be spared, ISIS did the same in iraq and syria in 2015 or so i guess. That being the case, no southern state, stands a fighting chance, People who accept islam might be offered large benefits and believe it or not, that would cause alot of communities to convert, the same way a lot communities were made to renounce their ethnicity during the Biafran war.

Also, It may not be the all out aggressive way that you are thinking, it might be sort of systematic. They may look for a soft landing initially by saying something like after going through census, its clear that the muslim population of nigeria is now more than 60% and that they have declare that nigeria is now a muslim state just like malaysia, churches would now need special permissions to function. Then, slowly, slowly eat into every fabric of your daily life, until it becomes illegal to be anything but a "true practising Muslim", it was done in Iran.

If you think its impossible to have a radicalized muslim in a top military position, you should remember your current minister of communication who has professed his love for the ways of Bokoharam(Alqeada), If you can have that as an aid to the president, then anything is possible.

I had to re-quote this post as APC plans to field a Muslim-Muslim ticket for next year's election. Little by little, the islamisation plan is moving.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

What's The Salary Of The President Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria? / Arewa Youths In An Ongoing Meeting With Igbos In The North (photos) / Nwodo: Enugu Group Warns Nnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.