Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,702 members, 7,831,191 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:12 PM

How Can I Ping My Computers? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How Can I Ping My Computers? (805 Views)

How To Ping Bb Users With Pc / Opinion: Imminent Internet Outage For Infected Computers on 9th July / Ping Network And Telnet Network (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Ping My Computers? by stanech: 11:36am On Jul 19, 2007
Hello

Can someone pls give any info on how I can ping 2 systems. The systems are connected to two seperate routers and one of the routers is also connected to the other. That means the systems are arranegd in this order

The first router is LAN IP is 10.0.0.1, with several computers connected to it with the 10.0.0 class of IPs.

The first router was connected to a second router with an IP of 10.0.0.50

And a LAN IP of 192.168.0.1 with several computers connected to it with the 192.168.0 class IP

After much stress I was able to ping from the computers on the I92 class but my problem is that I could not ping from the computers with the 10.0.0
Re: How Can I Ping My Computers? by Maleeq(m): 12:59pm On Jul 19, 2007
Confirm your router configurations(check the interface states, routing table . . .)
If properly configured, you should not be having this problem
Re: How Can I Ping My Computers? by stanech: 1:14pm On Jul 19, 2007
I use mikrotik router it is a little bit complicated can someone tell me of any Idea on how to use it
Re: How Can I Ping My Computers? by Maleeq(m): 2:54pm On Jul 19, 2007
Well, I've laid my hands (or eyes) on a mikrokit router before. I look around for your though.
Re: How Can I Ping My Computers? by Seun(m): 5:09pm On Jul 19, 2007
If you're not conversant with routing tables, you should probably just use one router and switches.
Re: How Can I Ping My Computers? by blackracle(m): 11:52pm On Jul 20, 2007
try changing the ip address on ur serial links.use an ip addressing scheme different from the lan segments.then choose a suuitable routing protocol if u consider using vlsm which i advise gringrin

(1) (Reply)

Gsm Phoneline To Internet / Radios For Wireless Internet Connection For Sale / Windows Server

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.