Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,813 members, 7,817,359 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:53 AM

Breaking News: Bandits Attack Unijos, Students Panic - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: Bandits Attack Unijos, Students Panic (1589 Views)

Kaduna: Armed Bandits Attack Aviation Quarters, Abduct Family Of 6, 3 Others / Bandits Attack Military Outpost In Marina, Katsina, Many Soldiers Feared Killed / Bandits Attack Emir Of Kaura Namoda’s Convoy, Kill 3 Policemen, 5 Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News: Bandits Attack Unijos, Students Panic by Ukpaka: 11:01pm On Aug 14, 2021
Breaking News: Bandits Attack UniJos, Students Panic
https://247ureports.com/2021/08/breaking-news-bandits-attack-unijos-students-panic/
-
Students at the federal university of Jos, Plateau State find themselves sleeping in panic as the menace of banditry reached the hostels of the federal institution. According to information available to 247ureports.com gathered from sources within the federal institution, the bandits believed to be either killer Fulani herdsmen or Boko Haram launched an attack at the hostel of the university at about 7:30pm.

Sporadic gunshots were heard at the entrance of the institution. The shots were coming from various direction. The attacker were approaching the female hostel when the students began running for their lives – and raising alarms – and making contacts with the outside world.

Although details remain sketchy, it was gathered that the security forces responded to the scene and repelled the bandits – who ran away. The security forces included the military forces who rode in motorcycles and Pickup trucks, and police officers who came fully geared.

Re: Breaking News: Bandits Attack Unijos, Students Panic by udoka55555: 11:09pm On Aug 14, 2021
Péople still dey go school over there?

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Bandits Attack Unijos, Students Panic by Navalsadiq(m): 11:11pm On Aug 14, 2021
The level of insecurity in this country calls for immediate and swift action to put these bandits where they belong

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Bandits Attack Unijos, Students Panic by Navalsadiq(m): 11:11pm On Aug 14, 2021
udoka55555:
Péople still dey go school over there?
oh yes of course
Re: Breaking News: Bandits Attack Unijos, Students Panic by Jostoman: 11:31pm On Aug 14, 2021
Did the governor of that state criticize this government?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Breaking News: Bandits Attack Unijos, Students Panic by rayvelez(m): 11:36pm On Aug 14, 2021
Thank god the gallant soldiers repelled d attack.Insecurity everywhere students can’t go to school in peace.
Re: Breaking News: Bandits Attack Unijos, Students Panic by FarahAideed: 11:38pm On Aug 14, 2021
People still dey go school for Jos?
Re: Breaking News: Bandits Attack Unijos, Students Panic by Penguin2: 12:57am On Aug 15, 2021
Simon Lalong is a fool.

So he can’t raise a local security network?

He must wait until the whole of Jos is wiped out.

Fiakwa!

9 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Bandits Attack Unijos, Students Panic by bigpriik: 5:31am On Aug 15, 2021
Which crime this Jos people commit? These
Fulanis never give up and that is why Ipob will never give up no matter what..

3 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Bandits Attack Unijos, Students Panic by illmatic101(m): 7:42am On Aug 15, 2021
Penguin2:
Simon Lalong is a fool.

So he can’t raise a local security network?

He must wait until the whole of Jos is wiped out.

Fiakwa!

Simon Lalong can betray the whole state to remain in the good books of Abuja.

5 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Bandits Attack Unijos, Students Panic by gerrardomendes(m): 8:22am On Aug 15, 2021
I was supposed to go for NDLEA training at Rikkos, Jos. After I saw the shortlist of successful candidates, I declined. 95% were hausa-fulani and I already have a better paying job at the moment. People tried to persuade me to go for the training since it is a "federal job". Federal job my ass. What is the future of this federation? Will your family get Federal compensation when u get killed? Jos is boiling at the moment and I can't imagine myself sharing camp with people of terroristic tendencies in their own territory. This people can kill u and cover it up. Their brothers can open the camp gates for them and you know what will happen. Why must every government agency training and screening be done in the North? Even when I was at black gold camp, kaduna,for my NYSC in 2015. I realized that 80% of corpers there were hausa-fulani. This people post themselves mostly to their region. Na we southerners dey wan travel far. I was uncomfortable and el-rufai was just sworn in as governor. I had to fake tuberculosis just to get redeployed.I left camp on the 3rd day immediately after swearing in, got my money and cut out. Make we dey try get sense for this country o. No pursue federal job go die federal death. History has taught us that there is no future for us in this contrapment. The earlier we realize this, the better for us. Imagine the nonsense we are celebrating as a federal government. Look at their utterances about 2023. But that 2023 go shock them. Old fossils that need carbon dating for us to ascertain their true age. Stay in your region and develop it. Build your businesses back home. This country is sitting on a keg of gunpowder. If I get chance to jakpa, run am. Use your head o.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking News: Bandits Attack Unijos, Students Panic by skywalker240(m): 9:03am On Aug 15, 2021
People are still waiting for 2023
Re: Breaking News: Bandits Attack Unijos, Students Panic by AntiBeEmCe(m): 9:28am On Aug 15, 2021
Waiting for Fulani govt to condemn this the way they condemned the attack on bus travelers yesterday.
Re: Breaking News: Bandits Attack Unijos, Students Panic by GreenArrow1(m): 9:49am On Aug 15, 2021
Incomplete reporting. Which of the hostels? Naraguta, Abuja or Village hostels?
Which of the entrances to which of the campuses? Permanent site, Main Campus, JUTH, Consultancy or Gengeré?
It's quite a big university so please be specific.

FarahAideed:

Seems your ignorance is now stuff of legends. Why wouldn't people go to school there?
Re: Breaking News: Bandits Attack Unijos, Students Panic by Jlow2: 10:24am On Aug 15, 2021
Very incompetent governor, thank God the man whom muscled him to power in languishing in jail.
Re: Breaking News: Bandits Attack Unijos, Students Panic by samsononyilo(m): 11:29am On Aug 15, 2021
gerrardomendes:
I was supposed to go for NDLEA training at Rikkos, Jos. After I saw the shortlist of successful candidates, I declined. 95% were hausa-fulani and I already have a better paying job at the moment. People tried to persuade me to go for the training since it is a "federal job". Federal job my ass. What is the future of this federation? Will your family get Federal compensation when u get killed? Jos is boiling at the moment and I can't imagine myself sharing camp with people of terroristic tendencies in their own territory. This people can kill u and cover it up. Their brothers can open the camp gates for them and you know what will happen. Why must every government agency training and screening be done in the North? Even when I was at black gold camp, kaduna,for my NYSC in 2015. I realized that 80% of corpers there were hausa-fulani. This people post themselves mostly to their region. Na we southerners dey wan travel far. I was uncomfortable and el-rufai was just sworn in as governor. I had to fake tuberculosis just to get redeployed.I left camp on the 3rd day immediately after swearing in, got my money and cut out. Make we dey try get sense for this country o. No pursue federal job go die federal death. History has taught us that there is no future for us in this contrapment. The earlier we realize this, the better for us. Imagine the nonsense we are celebrating as a federal government. Look at their utterances about 2023. But that 2023 go shock them. Old fossils that need carbon dating for us to ascertain their true age. Stay in your region and develop it. Build your businesses back home. This country is sitting on a keg of gunpowder. If I get chance to jakpa, run am. Use your head o.

So you are leaving that slot for another hausa-fulani man to occupy it?
Re: Breaking News: Bandits Attack Unijos, Students Panic by samsononyilo(m): 11:32am On Aug 15, 2021
FarahAideed:

Why not?
Re: Breaking News: Bandits Attack Unijos, Students Panic by Nobody: 11:39am On Aug 15, 2021
That seat at home in south east is more important to us

We don't care if north turn to AFGHANISTAN

WE CARE MORE ABOUT SOUTH EAST TURNING TO LISTENING TO NNAMDI KANU WHO IS IN PRISON EJOYING HIMSELF
Re: Breaking News: Bandits Attack Unijos, Students Panic by gerrardomendes(m): 1:24pm On Aug 15, 2021
samsononyilo:

So you are leaving that slot for another hausa-fulani man to occupy it?
U can have it, sir

(1) (Reply)

Ikoyi Building Collapse: Why We Withdrew Further Services — Construction Company / Can Obi Have 60% Of Votes In Any Of The SE States? / Taking A Break From The Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.