Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,007 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:40 PM

Wike: PDP Must Challenge Defections Of Ayade, Umahi In Court - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike: PDP Must Challenge Defections Of Ayade, Umahi In Court (13244 Views)

Group Exposes Cement Roads Done By Umahi In Ebonyi (Pictures) / Safiyah Ashipu Protests In Front Of Ayade's Office Over 2 Year Salary Arrears / Kawu Regrets Mass Defections Of APC Aspirants In Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike: PDP Must Challenge Defections Of Ayade, Umahi In Court by Fuckyoumod: 5:48am On Aug 15, 2021
Wike: PDP must challenge defections of Ayade, Umahi in court

Rivers Governor Nyesom Wike has asked the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to drag Ebonyi and Cross Rivers Governors David Umahi and Ben Ayade to court over their defections to the All Progressives Congress (APC).

The Governor also called on the PDP to challenge the defections of former PDP federal and state lawmakers from the two States to the APC.
Wike, who spoke in Port Harcourt on Saturday, stressed the time had come for the judiciary to make a final pronouncement on the incessant defections of Governors and lawmakers to save the country from becoming a one-party state.
He said: “The time has come that the judiciary must have to rise to the occasion to make a final pronouncement of this issue of defection and that will go a long way to strengthen our democracy.

“Because if we do not take action, you will find a the situation where you will have a one-party State and that will not be good for our democracy.

Wike: I have no personal problems with Secondus
“And so, I have encouraged the PDP, they must file a suit against the Governor of Ebonyi State, David Umahi and the Governor of Cross River State, Ben Ayade for defecting to the All Progressives Congress without any reason provided in the constitution or any other enabling law.

“What PDP is looking for is not just that they want to reclaim the seats but that a pronouncement must be made by the judiciary on this incessant defection without no reasons at all, in order to enhance and strengthen our democracy.”

Wike said it was unacceptable for Governors and federal as well as state lawmakers, who had been elected on the platform of a particular party without any proof of division in the party that brought them to power to defect.

He said: “Let it be on record that the party (PDP) has been able to challenge it and let us await the outcome of the decision of the court because the court has a role to strengthen our democracy. And part of the role the court must play is to make a final pronouncement on this issue of defection from one party to the other.”

https://thenationonlineng.net/wike-pdp-must-challenge-defections-of-ayade-umahi-in-court/amp/

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike: PDP Must Challenge Defections Of Ayade, Umahi In Court by Amspecial: 5:54am On Aug 15, 2021
grin
Clowns.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike: PDP Must Challenge Defections Of Ayade, Umahi In Court by aremuforlife(m): 5:54am On Aug 15, 2021
Apc should also challenge all the apc defectors to pdp

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike: PDP Must Challenge Defections Of Ayade, Umahi In Court by Nobody: 5:55am On Aug 15, 2021
In the same way, APC must challenge the defections of many of its party members like Dino in court.

Seriously though, the defections thing...there is a law that people defecting from party a to b must resign and recontest under their new party.

Of course, the law has been thoroughly ignored by all parties, so....

15 Likes

Re: Wike: PDP Must Challenge Defections Of Ayade, Umahi In Court by dejiih01: 5:55am On Aug 15, 2021
All should be looked into but as for me, I still like us defend our democrazy as not to just be a one party system as Wike has stated.

It won't help the general public in the long run.

I love good governance and that is what a multi party system would ensure.

I'm partisan politician as in my entire life I never voted any other party other than PDP from 1999 but that might change in 2023 only if Prof Osinbajo is presented in the present ruling party APC.

But we wait as it unfolds.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike: PDP Must Challenge Defections Of Ayade, Umahi In Court by willycorps(m): 5:56am On Aug 15, 2021
Wike the law himself �... Yeye dey smell

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike: PDP Must Challenge Defections Of Ayade, Umahi In Court by otokx(m): 5:57am On Aug 15, 2021
Hope he will fund it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike: PDP Must Challenge Defections Of Ayade, Umahi In Court by Saao(m): 5:57am On Aug 15, 2021
aremuforlife:
Apc should also challenge all the apc defectors to pdp
yes. The shamelessnes the politicians jumb from one party to another is worrisome.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wike: PDP Must Challenge Defections Of Ayade, Umahi In Court by emmabest2000(m): 5:59am On Aug 15, 2021
Agboro governor

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike: PDP Must Challenge Defections Of Ayade, Umahi In Court by Authoreety: 6:00am On Aug 15, 2021
Hmmm... Why na.. Life is abt choices
Re: Wike: PDP Must Challenge Defections Of Ayade, Umahi In Court by Eastlink(m): 6:00am On Aug 15, 2021
Wike the emperor should keep quayet. Umahi used to be his good friend before his defection. Something tells me that Umahi wanted to be his own man and fight for the Presidential ticket, rather than be a Wike houseboy like Ikpeazu and Ugwuanyi.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike: PDP Must Challenge Defections Of Ayade, Umahi In Court by Nobody: 6:01am On Aug 15, 2021
Saao:
yes. The shamelessnes the politicians jumb from one party to another is worrisome.

Well, there is nothing wrong with defecting from party to party per se (even politicians in developed countries do that. Winston Churchill was a Conservative, then a Liberal, even was made a cabinet minister in a Liberal government, then defected to the Conservatives over a disagreement on economic policy, and became a Cabinet minister, and then Prime Minister)

The problem is the laws of Nigeria have stringent conditions that must be followed in defecting from party to party.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike: PDP Must Challenge Defections Of Ayade, Umahi In Court by dejiih01: 6:03am On Aug 15, 2021
emmabest2000:
Agboro governor

You don't know anything yet... when Thiefnubi resumes as the next president you will understand.
Re: Wike: PDP Must Challenge Defections Of Ayade, Umahi In Court by kepsi123(m): 6:04am On Aug 15, 2021
Please allow Ayade to remain in APC. We don't want him Biko
Re: Wike: PDP Must Challenge Defections Of Ayade, Umahi In Court by drizslim(m): 6:06am On Aug 15, 2021
Wike be acting up lately.. Wen has decamping to a rival party been an issue ..

We know politicians to be people of their personal interest , so wike quit the noise & stay woke for more to come

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike: PDP Must Challenge Defections Of Ayade, Umahi In Court by Triangles1(m): 6:08am On Aug 15, 2021
Marriage is not by force According to Nigeria politics constitution you can cross carpet at anytime especially when the current party drums against you.

I don't know what OSHIOMOLE is waiting for.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wike: PDP Must Challenge Defections Of Ayade, Umahi In Court by rajiedreez: 6:11am On Aug 15, 2021
On what basis? Are we in south Africa that positions belong to the political party and not candidates
Re: Wike: PDP Must Challenge Defections Of Ayade, Umahi In Court by efeteb: 6:12am On Aug 15, 2021
grin[right][/right]
Re: Wike: PDP Must Challenge Defections Of Ayade, Umahi In Court by Southernigbo: 6:13am On Aug 15, 2021
where was wike when pdp was receiving defections from other parties right from 1999?

3 Likes

Re: Wike: PDP Must Challenge Defections Of Ayade, Umahi In Court by justtruth88miSt(f): 6:15am On Aug 15, 2021
D tin pain nam ehen...when Apc were busy decamping to PDP in Rivers did he send them back or seek for a court pronounce on their decision... Instead he wellcome them with open hand and celebration... What is he now saying?
Very soon he will defect to the party that will never knows the name yet.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike: PDP Must Challenge Defections Of Ayade, Umahi In Court by CalabarPikin: 6:18am On Aug 15, 2021
This sounds strange

But I'll honestly support the part were you stay in the party where you got elected till the tenure is over or step down and defect...... Cuz I'm just seeing rubbish child's play everywhere. Someone can be a recognised thief in one party and automatically become a saint just by moving to another party.....rubbish

2 Likes

Re: Wike: PDP Must Challenge Defections Of Ayade, Umahi In Court by Monogamy: 6:23am On Aug 15, 2021
grin

Pdp,used to be biggest party in Africa but now a shadow of itself

1 Like

Re: Wike: PDP Must Challenge Defections Of Ayade, Umahi In Court by kennyz247(m): 6:24am On Aug 15, 2021
dead on arrival

1 Like

Re: Wike: PDP Must Challenge Defections Of Ayade, Umahi In Court by CelestineNelson: 6:27am On Aug 15, 2021
Please do sir.... Ayade is my Governor. And believe me he is doing nothing in my state...is just busy using big big grammar to name budget and contract... Know fulfilment of any promise...most of the project he said he is going to do, only exist on papers ...investigate him biko

1 Like

Re: Wike: PDP Must Challenge Defections Of Ayade, Umahi In Court by Splashme: 6:27am On Aug 15, 2021

I agree with Wike
completely

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike: PDP Must Challenge Defections Of Ayade, Umahi In Court by kennyz247(m): 6:27am On Aug 15, 2021
dead on arrival..PDP, no waste ur little resource or strength on this oooo
Re: Wike: PDP Must Challenge Defections Of Ayade, Umahi In Court by berrystunn(m): 6:27am On Aug 15, 2021
Pronouncement-

Defection should be once in 4 years with a proper reasons.

You can't win under a party platform and Defect to another party.

If you want to defect you should resign from your position in that party .

This apply to all political parties.
A party can not put all there energy and weight on you.... After wining you throw them away and jump to another party.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike: PDP Must Challenge Defections Of Ayade, Umahi In Court by chloride6: 6:27am On Aug 15, 2021
Mumu man..

2 Likes

Re: Wike: PDP Must Challenge Defections Of Ayade, Umahi In Court by klas(m): 6:39am On Aug 15, 2021
Why didn’t he mention Obaseki, Ortom and Tambuwal?

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wike: PDP Must Challenge Defections Of Ayade, Umahi In Court by RedEnergy: 6:39am On Aug 15, 2021
Beancounter94:
In the same way, APC must challenge the defections of many of its party members like Dino in court.

Seriously though, the defections thing...there is a law that people defecting from party a to b must resign and recontest under their new party.

Of course, the law has been thoroughly ignored by all parties, so....
Dino was PDP before he switched to APC, then switched back to PDP

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

APGA Campaign Tour In Idemili North Local Government(photos) / Nigeria's Gas Reserve To Last For 94 Years, Komalafe / Petrol Importers, Power Firms Behind Anti-akpabio Plot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.