Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,036 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

My Insight On Grains Business - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Insight On Grains Business (2394 Views)

I Need More Insight On Starting a POS Business / Naira Redesign: Grains Prices Crash Days After Record Surge / Bank Guarantee In Nigeria; Insight On Advance Payment Guarantee Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Insight On Grains Business by Teetee777: 7:30am On Aug 15, 2021
I have created a thread on my practical experience based on grains business. so, people have been calling and chatting me to creat WhatsApp group but i refused due to the fact that not everybody will have access to it.
https://www.nairaland.com/6164441/grains-business-personal-experienced

https://www./365351631803148/?ref=share for market prices and update

Moreover, i remember my business in 2001 to 2003 when obasanjo was our president, I used to buy kolanut (goro) from ekiti and ondo state and selling them in Kano market. Then, there was nothing like internet to know more about another business like grains. If I had the opportunity to access to nairaland or access to information during that time, I would not have stopped.

We are now in harvest time for those who want to start the business, grains like egusi, groundnut,maize and millet has come out. Soya beans, beans sorghum etc will soon come out

My insight will base on;

1. Retail on grains business

2. Wholesales

3. Buying and selling in bulk

4. Supply

5. Storage of grains

6. Northern state/market where you can buying them in cheap price

7. How to get capital from the bank without collateral

Continue........

1 Like

Re: My Insight On Grains Business by fidtopade: 7:41am On Aug 15, 2021
Interesting.
Re: My Insight On Grains Business by dondo83(m): 7:48am On Aug 15, 2021
Teetee777:
I have created a thread on my practical experience based on grains business. so, people have been calling and chatting me to creat WhatsApp group but i refused due to the fact that not everybody will have access to it.
https://www.nairaland.com/6164441/grains-business-personal-experienced

Moreover, i remember my business in 2001 to 2003 when obasanjo was our president, I used to buy kolanut (goro) from ekiti and ondo state and selling them in Kano market. Then, there was nothing like internet to know more about another business like grains. If I had the opportunity to access to nairaland or access to information during that time, I would not have stopped.

We are now in harvest time for those who want to start the business, grains like egusi, groundnut,maize and millet has come out. Soya beans, beans sorghum etc will soon come out

My insight will base on;

1. Retail on grains business

2. Wholesales

3. Buying and selling in bulk

4. Supply

5. Storage of grains

6. Northern state/market where you can buying them in cheap price

7. How to get capital from the bank without collateral

Continue........

God bless you ! I’m so following this thread
Re: My Insight On Grains Business by Teetee777: 9:05am On Aug 15, 2021
Retail grain business is someone who buys from wholesalers, supplying agent (dilali), and farmer and sells to last consumer.

i. As a retailer buying from wholesalers; when you buy from wholesalers in your local market, the profit you will realize will not be much

ii. As a retailer buying from supplying agent (delali); these are middlemen between farmer and wholesalers, so the profit you will realize will be more than buying from wholesalers.

iii. As a retailer buying directly from farmer; this is where the retailer travel down to northern state/market to buy his/her grains, so the profit you will realize will be much more than the two above.

For example;
If you buy a bag of beans at the rate of #20,000 from your local market/wholesalers, the profit you will realize on a bag will not be more than #2000 or #3000,

if you buy from middlemen/delali, your profit will not be more than #4k to 5k because delali will have his own profit too.

And if you buy from farmers, atleast your profit will start from 5k depends on the market you buy it from northern state.
Re: My Insight On Grains Business by Hadsty23(m): 10:52am On Aug 15, 2021
On you bro, still from the previous thread until I meet you someday
Re: My Insight On Grains Business by iretinyeee(f): 11:08am On Aug 15, 2021
Thank you for the insight
Teetee777:
Retail grain business is someone who buys from wholesalers, supplying agent (dilali), and farmer and sells to last consumer.

i. As a retailer buying from wholesalers; when you buy from wholesalers in your local market, the profit you will realize will not be much

ii. As a retailer buying from supplying agent (delali); these are middlemen between farmer and wholesalers, so the profit you will realize will be more than buying from wholesalers.

iii. As a retailer buying directly from farmer; this is where the retailer travel down to northern state/market to buy his/her grains, so the profit you will realize will be much more than the two above.

For example;
If you buy a bag of beans at the rate of #20,000 from your local market/wholesalers, the profit you will realize on a bag will not be more than #2000 or #3000,

if you buy from middlemen/delali, your profit will not be more than #4k to 5k because delali will have his own profit too.

And if you buy from farmers, atleast your profit will start from 5k depends on the market you buy it from northern state.

Re: My Insight On Grains Business by rozario: 5:15pm On Aug 15, 2021
Following bumber to bumber boss
Re: My Insight On Grains Business by Teetee777: 7:52am On Aug 16, 2021
Wholesale grains business

Wholesalers are those who sells grains to retailer and last consumer. They are buying their grains from middlemen (agent) and farmers.
i. As a wholesalers buying from middlemen; when you buy from middlemen in your market, the profit you will realize will not be much

iii. As a wholesalers buying directly from farmer; this is where the wholesalers travel down to northern state/market to buy his/her grains, so the profit you will realize will be more than buying from middlemen

There are three types of whole salers in the market

1. Northern men; you can't compete with these people in grains business if you are not among them. They are working in groups, some among them would stay in southern state while other group will stay in northern market for soucing grains and supplying those in southern market, also farmers are among this group. so in prices and qualities you can't compete with them. They are making a good money in the business.

2. Southern men/women; these group are buying their grains from the first group in the market or travel down to norther state to buy their market.

3. Wheel barrow pushers; These people are diveded into two;

i. one group are farmers, these people are selling in wholesale price too because they are farmers. After they harvested their grains, they would bring them to southern states and used wheelbarrow to sell their grains and make their money.

ii. second group are those who will travel to northern states every week to purchase their grains and use wheelbarrow to sell it in southern states. i have many friends among these people because we always meet in northern market whenever i travel to buy my grains.

4 Likes

Re: My Insight On Grains Business by johntredon: 12:33pm On Aug 16, 2021
Following
Re: My Insight On Grains Business by Chrismanuels(m): 6:40pm On Aug 16, 2021
Following
Re: My Insight On Grains Business by Teetee777: 11:40pm On Aug 16, 2021
Retailers and Profit

How to make profit if you are ventured into retail business

1. Rent a shop in a good location

2. Capital; you can start with small capital like buying a bag of each grains e.g oloying beans, drum beans, sorghum, soya beans, maize.

Also if you want to get good profit, try to add STORAGE with retailer business but i will explain this latter.

3. Bags and measurements: before venture into the business, please try to know the big and small bag. Also know how many painter rubber and congo in a bag.

4. How to calculate profit (case study of December 2020)

in harvest time last year, the price of beans is between 18 to 20k for 26 painter rubber or 64 congo and soughum, millet etc is 12k.per bag

lets do the calculation
cost price of a bag is #20k
transport is #2k
Other expenses #2k

selling price of congo is #500 in local market
A bag of beans is 64 congo
64 congo * 500 = 32000
cost price. -- = 24000
profit. = 8k

For painter rubber;
A bag of beans is 26 painter
selling price is #1200

26 painter * 1200 = 31200
Cost price - = 24000
Profit. 7200

N B; This profit base on when the retailers buy his/her grains from the northern state. Others grains like sorghum, millet etc are 40% to 50% profit during harvest time

1 Like

Re: My Insight On Grains Business by LagBlogger(m): 1:51am On Aug 17, 2021
Following this thread closely
Re: My Insight On Grains Business by dosht(f): 1:00pm On Aug 17, 2021
Following...
Re: My Insight On Grains Business by topysean247: 2:10pm On Aug 17, 2021
Am interested in this grain business
Re: My Insight On Grains Business by Teetee777: 9:12pm On Aug 17, 2021
Buying and selling in bulk

This aspect is required a lot of money, the money that can buy from 5 tonnes to 30 tonnes bags of grains so that your profit can make sense.

Also you must seek for the buyer before venture into this aspect. there are many market in southern and northern state that have delali (agents) in each market, approach them and tell them your business plan but before that, try to make your findings about the types, quality, price of the grains. Don't let them know that you are NEW in the business because they would want to cheat you if you eventually meet the bad one among the delali because we have bad and good among them, but if you are fortunate and meet the good one, infact you will enjoy the business.

For example;

in the aspect please don't be GREEDING because it will affect your business.Dont let your profit on a bag be more than #1000 or else they will not buy them on time because they have the idea of the actual price.

Assuming you buy 50 bags of grains at rate of #20000, and transport with other expenses per bag is#2000.
A bag will be #22,000, if you want to sell it, sell it at rate of #23,000 and you will make #1000 profit per bag
#1000 * 50 bags = #50,000 profit per trip

N .B; when you get into the market, you might come across those selling in higher price than yours, don't be GREEDING sell whatever you want to sell at a cheaper price and earn your profit instantly.
Re: My Insight On Grains Business by Teetee777: 7:08am On Aug 20, 2021
Supplying of grains....
Re: My Insight On Grains Business by Teetee777: 6:27am On Aug 21, 2021
Supplying of grains

This is only method I never done because it requires a lot of money. This is where you get LPO from the company to supply them soya beans or maize.from 30.tonnes upward.
Please if you don't get LPO from company directly, don't try to do this supplying because of some dubious agent that will collect the contract from the company, after you supply them, the agent would start to tell different story.

1 Like

Re: My Insight On Grains Business by RUGGEDWEAVER(m): 9:42am On Aug 21, 2021
Following

1 Like

Re: My Insight On Grains Business by johnikwoyi: 9:01pm On Sep 08, 2021
Following
Re: My Insight On Grains Business by Teetee777: 7:12am On Sep 13, 2021
Rice business for wholesalers or retailers

Free tutorial in the rice business.
Presently in the market, 100kg of any quality rice now range between N32000 to N42000.

let come to calculation from my practical experience.

If you buy 5 bags of 100kg rice, it will give you 11bags of 50kg rice

Assuming you buy 100kg of rice at the rate of N32000

5bags= N32000*5=N160000

destoné and polish per bag is 600
5bags= 600*5=3000

The 5bags of 100kg of rice will give you 11 bags of 50kg bag of rice

branded bag of 11 bags of 50kg rice is N400 per bag
11bags = 400*11=4400

All expenses for 11 bags of 50kg rice

N160000+N3000+N4400=N167,400

Production of 11bag of 50kg rice is N167,400.

How much is the bag of 50kg rice now?
50kg bag = 167400÷11=N15,200

50kg rice is N15,200 per bag from production, and there are different types of quality Rice in the market.

1 Like

Re: My Insight On Grains Business by fidtopade: 7:56pm On Nov 07, 2021
Please are there different sizes of mudu use for measurement? In adama their full bag is usually 30-32 mudus while in Niger state their full bag is usually around 65 Mudu. Or is the different in the bags?
Re: My Insight On Grains Business by mayox25: 8:25pm On Nov 07, 2021
Nice explanation
Re: My Insight On Grains Business by Teetee777: 4:40am On Nov 08, 2021
fidtopade:
Please are there different sizes of mudu use for measurement? In adama their full bag is usually 30-32 mudus while in Niger state their full bag is usually around 65 Mudu. Or is the different in the bags?
in adamawa state, they have 3 bags:
1. 75kg bag
2. 100kg bag
3. 125kg bag
there mudu called TIER which contain 16 cups of tin milk

in Niger state, they have 2 bags:
1. 95kg bag which jibrin 6
2. 100kg bag which is jumbo 6
there mudu is 9 and 10 cups of tin milk
Re: My Insight On Grains Business by fidtopade: 9:39am On Nov 08, 2021
Thanks for your respons on previous question. Please the rice you are reffeering to here, is it perboiled or paddy rice?
Teetee777:
Rice business for wholesalers or retailers

Free tutorial in the rice business.
Presently in the market, 100kg of any quality rice now range between N32000 to N42000.

let come to calculation from my practical experience.

If you buy 5 bags of 100kg rice, it will give you 11bags of 50kg rice

Assuming you buy 100kg of rice at the rate of N32000

5bags= N32000*5=N160000

destoné and polish per bag is 600
5bags= 600*5=3000

The 5bags of 100kg of rice will give you 11 bags of 50kg bag of rice

branded bag of 11 bags of 50kg rice is N400 per bag
11bags = 400*11=4400

All expenses for 11 bags of 50kg rice

N160000+N3000+N4400=N167,400

Production of 11bag of 50kg rice is N167,400.

How much is the bag of 50kg rice now?
50kg bag = 167400÷11=N15,200

50kg rice is N15,200 per bag from production, and there are different types of quality Rice in the market.

Re: My Insight On Grains Business by Teetee777: 11:54am On Nov 08, 2021
fidtopade:
Thanks for your respons on previous question. Please the rice you are reffeering to here, is it perboiled or paddy rice?
paddy rice
Re: My Insight On Grains Business by oshionelecky: 10:00am On Nov 11, 2021
Come and let's discuss providing your business with the much required LPO/contract funding.

Conditions:

5% interest rate payable monthly
Collateral (Loan can not be more than 50% of the collateral value)

Please note, this financing is only available for serious businessmen. You will be required to provide proof of past LPOs or contracts you have executed. Your bank statement showing payments from companies you have supplied can also serve as evidence.

Whatsapp 08129516411
Call 08023281805

Let's talk about the required finance.
Oshione Lecky.
Re: My Insight On Grains Business by Teetee777: 6:24am On Jan 10, 2022
My address in Kano State
No 9 J. Faskar plaza, opposite Shikanfa market, tudun wada, Kano State.

and

Ibadan Address

Store 2c, Oloodo market, oloodo garage,

Re: My Insight On Grains Business by Whiterose21: 3:54pm On Aug 26, 2022
Teetee777:
My address in Kano State
No 9 J. Faskar plaza, opposite Shikanfa market, tudun wada, Kano State.

and

Ibadan Address

Store 2c, Oloodo market, oloodo garage,
Thanks for the information.
You didn't say the states in the north we can source these things in cheaper rate.
Re: My Insight On Grains Business by Theophinio(m): 3:32pm On Oct 09, 2022
Teetee777:
Supplying of grains

This is only method I never done because it requires a lot of money. This is where you get LPO from the company to supply them soya beans or maize.from 30.tonnes upward.
Please if you don't get LPO from company directly, don't try to do this supplying because of some dubious agent that will collect the contract from the company, after you supply them, the agent would start to tell different story.

Thank boss for this masterclass knowledge you provided for free here

Can't companies accept less tonnes like say 10 tonnes
Re: My Insight On Grains Business by Teetee777: 3:09am On Oct 10, 2022
Theophinio:

No
Re: My Insight On Grains Business by Teetee777: 9:30am On Oct 15, 2022
Theophinio:

No, they accept a full truck

(1) (Reply)

Is Onlinenaira.com A Scam? / Indian Exports And Imports In 2012 / Are You In Search Of A Security Wristband Tag For Your Event And Parties

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.