Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

Lexus Es 350 2008 Model - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Lexus Es 350 2008 Model (2979 Views)

Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! / Lexus ES Becomes The 1st Prod Car With Digital Camera Instead Of Side Mirrors / 2019 Lexus ES Unveiled (photos, Details And Price) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lexus Es 350 2008 Model by Gentleweez: 5:01pm On Aug 15, 2021
Hello everyone!
Please I have a question!
My lexus es 350 2008 model just started displaying some lights on the dashboard and I don’t know what it means. I just recently bought the car, changed the engine oils to 5W-30 Mobil oil. Can someone please help explain these to me? I attached the pictures below.

Re: Lexus Es 350 2008 Model by valarinz: 6:50pm On Aug 15, 2021
See mileage na, grin you go fear fear

2008 model 86kmiles, that car has no right whatsoever to pop CEL at that mileage

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Lexus Es 350 2008 Model by ehmmy11(m): 11:00pm On Aug 15, 2021
Am afraid you just bought a lemon grin

Go and get it scanned usually cost 5k to scan then come back and post the codes you get here
Re: Lexus Es 350 2008 Model by Cokahot: 11:09pm On Aug 15, 2021
It's no lemon. Traction lights off,check engine light on. Check for the sensors at the tyres if them never disconnect them. Then clear off error codes. No drive mlike that,unless gear and engine go park up
Re: Lexus Es 350 2008 Model by valarinz: 6:15am On Aug 16, 2021
Cokahot:
It's no lemon. Traction lights off,check engine light on. Check for the sensors at the tyres if them never disconnect them. Then clear off error codes. No drive mlike that,unless gear and engine go park up

This escalated so damn fast!!!!!

0 to 200kmhr in less than 5secs

5 Likes

Re: Lexus Es 350 2008 Model by Elsueno: 6:56am On Aug 16, 2021
Cokahot:

kazeem spotted

5 Likes

Re: Lexus Es 350 2008 Model by Rules7: 10:43am On Aug 16, 2021
Cokahot:

Sent you a message.
Re: Lexus Es 350 2008 Model by Cokahot: 10:47am On Aug 16, 2021
I no dey read message. Fool . It seems u did not work hard for this money. Dey carry the car give diff ppl make dem spoil am 4u. Do t forget lexus no be benz,it's highly computerised. If u like drive it like that,make your speedometer no shift,soon e go affect gear. When u see that slippery symbol wey resemble tyre,na traction control. And I damn sure your traction lights go dey blink. Loose all the tyres with your jack check for the sensors or loose wires,it might be a minor ish. Use scanner to scan so it can pin point the actual problem. No drive am like that if not u go buy new engine. Spend this money,visit a competent mechanic or enter ladipo. Highest u go spend 3 to 5k on workmanship. I have bought two cars with rolled back mileage and I only changed shocks and brake pads with engine oil. Pls dont take this lexus to any useless mechanic,them go spoil am. Any small thing that happens,affects the rest of lexus cars,from bad tyre,to bad alignment,to bad sensors. Use obd 2 scanner or buy one at aliexpress max 3k. It's a tokunbo car and not brand new,so it must have hidden fault. From bad ball joint,to worn out pads,etc. That's why it's called tokunbo,forget all those story of nothing to fix. U go fix many minor things for the cat,why cos oyinbo no get time go mechanic and them no get bad road,so dem go dey manage am like that till e reach naija. If to say u get money,u for buy brand new car. Just take care of am,and its not a racing car,its a luxury car so drive am with sense.and no make mechanic scam u. Shocks na like 25k front,back 20k,no make mechanic scam u. Always price parts and tell the parts seller to show u fake,that u can't afford original.so with that u go get sense on which part be fake or refurbished. Lexus na big man car and u go spend money,but not up to benz parts.

3 Likes

Re: Lexus Es 350 2008 Model by Cokahot: 7:23am On Aug 17, 2021
Why not,abi dwm tell u say white man dey drive cat everyday,u think say na naija car. 86k mileage sef decent. I have seen an imported car with 58k mileage,like brand new. Naija na dead country.
valarinz:
See mileage na, grin you go fear fear

2008 model 86kmiles, that car has no right whatsoever to pop CEL at that mileage

grin grin grin
Re: Lexus Es 350 2008 Model by valarinz: 11:38am On Aug 17, 2021
Cokahot:
Why not,abi dwm tell u say white man dey drive cat everyday,u think say na naija car. 86k mileage sef decent. I have seen an imported car with 58k mileage,like brand new. Naija na dead country.

Ok Sir, you win grin grin
Re: Lexus Es 350 2008 Model by Gentleweez: 8:30pm On Aug 19, 2021
Update Update Update
The car was scanned!! And the error displays was wiped off, The man now recommended that I should take to a mechanic to look at the catalyst because it displayed on the system that the fault was from the catalyst. (It could be from the catalyst sensor)
I went in late, The mechanic briefly looked at it and asked me to come back tomorrow so he could examine it well. He also said that one of the catalyst connecting to the engine looks like something that is clogged(blocked) and it could damage the engine but he is not sure yet until he loses and examined it well tomorrow.

He said if it is clogged (blocked) that he will have to break it out and I will now have only one catalyst connected to the engine and the other one at the back.
He said that it won’t affect the vehicle and it won’t affect the fuel consumption too.
Re: Lexus Es 350 2008 Model by Timblogga: 9:36pm On Aug 19, 2021
Cokahot:
I no dey read message. Fool . It seems u did not work hard for this money. Dey carry the car give diff ppl make dem spoil am 4u. Do t forget lexus no be benz,it's highly computerised. If u like drive it like that,make your speedometer no shift,soon e go affect gear. When u see that slippery symbol wey resemble tyre,na traction control. And I damn sure your traction lights go dey blink. Loose all the tyres with your jack check for the sensors or loose wires,it might be a minor ish. Use scanner to scan so it can pin point the actual problem. No drive am like that if not u go buy new engine. Spend this money,visit a competent mechanic or enter ladipo. Highest u go spend 3 to 5k on workmanship. I have bought two cars with rolled back mileage and I only changed shocks and brake pads with engine oil. Pls dont take this lexus to any useless mechanic,them go spoil am. Any small thing that happens,affects the rest of lexus cars,from bad tyre,to bad alignment,to bad sensors. Use obd 2 scanner or buy one at aliexpress max 3k. It's a tokunbo car and not brand new,so it must have hidden fault. From bad ball joint,to worn out pads,etc. That's why it's called tokunbo,forget all those story of nothing to fix. U go fix many minor things for the cat,why cos oyinbo no get time go mechanic and them no get bad road,so dem go dey manage am like that till e reach naija. If to say u get money,u for buy brand new car. Just take care of am,and its not a racing car,its a luxury car so drive am with sense.and no make mechanic scam u. Shocks na like 25k front,back 20k,no make mechanic scam u. Always price parts and tell the parts seller to show u fake,that u can't afford original.so with that u go get sense on which part be fake or refurbished. Lexus na big man car and u go spend money,but not up to benz parts.
Marpol ban this user for violating Nairaland rules.

1 Like

Re: Lexus Es 350 2008 Model by Cokahot: 11:03pm On Aug 19, 2021
Don't forget,it's a lexus and any slight mistake leads to the end of the car. Trust me na from mechanic to mechanic.
Gentleweez:
Update Update Update
The car was scanned!! And the error displays was wiped off, The man now recommended that I should take to a mechanic to look at the catalyst because it displayed on the system that the fault was from the catalyst. (It could be from the catalyst sensor)
I went in late, The mechanic briefly looked at it and asked me to come back tomorrow so he could examine it well. He also said that one of the catalyst connecting to the engine looks like something that is clogged(blocked) and it could damage the engine but he is not sure yet until he loses and examined it well tomorrow.

He said if it is clogged (blocked) that he will have to break it out and I will now have only one catalyst connected to the engine and the other one at the back.
He said that it won’t affect the vehicle and it won’t affect the fuel consumption too.
Re: Lexus Es 350 2008 Model by DukeNija(m): 1:06am On Aug 20, 2021
Timblogga:
Marpol ban this user for violating Nairaland rules.
Oh please keep shut. He meant well for the guy albeit with the wrong word.
Re: Lexus Es 350 2008 Model by efatmani1986: 4:28pm On Jun 19, 2023
Are you looking for a reliable car that you can trust for your daily commute in Nigeria? The Lexus ES 350 2008 might be a great option for you. In this article, we'll take a comprehensive look at the Lexus ES 350 2008 and discuss its features, value, and why it's a great choice for drivers in Nigeria.

The Lexus ES 350 2008 has a 3.5-liter V6 engine that offers plenty of power and smooth acceleration.

In this article, we'll take a comprehensive look at the Lexus ES 350 2008 and discuss its features, value, and why it's a great choice for drivers in Nigeria.

The Lexus ES 350 2008 has a 3.5-liter V6 engine that offers plenty of power and smooth acceleration. The cabin is spacious and comfortable, with plenty of legroom and headroom for passengers.

The cabin is spacious and comfortable, with plenty of legroom and headroom for passengers. The Lexus ES 350 2008 also has a number of safety features such as stability control, ABS brakes, and a tire pressure monitoring system.

The Lexus ES 350 2008 is a great value for drivers in Nigeria. The Lexus ES 350 2008 is also a great choice for those who are looking for a reliable and luxurious car that is still affordable.

It offers a reliable and luxurious ride at a fraction of the price of its competitors. For more information, check out our review of the Lexus ES 350 2008 at topratedreviews_great-site_net/2023/06/13/lexus-es-350-2008-review-a-comprehensive-look-at-cars-in-nigeria/..

For more information, check out our review of the Lexus ES 350 2008 at topratedreviews_great-site_net/2023/06/13/lexus-es-350-2008-review-a-comprehensive-look-at-cars-in-nigeria/..
Re: Lexus Es 350 2008 Model by Miniano: 3:40am On Nov 26, 2023
My experience with my personal es350 it’s a very nice car mine has no fault code for several months now it’s also a low maintenance car just drive it the normal way it’s not a racing car either

(1) (Reply)

Help! Is It A Terrible Idea To Drive From Lagos To Calabar? / Would You Buy This Mansion On Wheels With A Garage For £1million? / How To Calculate Customs Duty Charge In Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.