Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,099 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:42 AM

US Completes Evacuation Of Embassy In Afghanistan As Flag Went Down - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / US Completes Evacuation Of Embassy In Afghanistan As Flag Went Down (70912 Views)

Niger Coup: France, Italy Begin Evacuation Of Citizens From Niamey / Tony Blair Describes The US Withdrawal From Afghanistan As "Imbecilic" / Nigeria, 33 Countries That Attended USA Opening Of Embassy In Jerusalem (List) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Completes Evacuation Of Embassy In Afghanistan As Flag Went Down by Antoeni(m): 11:10pm On Aug 15, 2021
Afghanistan is a very tough cookie...
The history of the place indicates that no foreign powers have successfully occupied/conquered the place for a reasonable period of time, from ancient history...

Even the famed Alexander the great, could not hold them down for long...then the British, the Russians... then the Americans...
The country is famously described as "The graveyard of empires"....

However,it is better for the Taliban to be openly in charge of a stable national government,than for them to continue to be an irresponsible, rogue terrorist opposition, spawning sundry terror groups and cells the world over...

It is my belief that with their victory (whatever the costs), and assumption of the reins of power/governance,they can now openly be held to account...

3 Likes

Re: US Completes Evacuation Of Embassy In Afghanistan As Flag Went Down by Kuginzi: 11:10pm On Aug 15, 2021
vedaxcool:
[s][/s]
I hope the PDP you support every waking moment learn first hand how corruption destroys government and entire country?
Imagine that $2 billion looted arms fund gig kept going what Nigeria would have become.

God bless PMB, PYO, BAT and all patriots who stood again Paliban Demo. Party and saved us from this sort of humiliation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Completes Evacuation Of Embassy In Afghanistan As Flag Went Down by Antoeni(m): 11:11pm On Aug 15, 2021
Mission accomplished!!!
American dollars wasted!!!
One trillion dollars went down the drain!!!

Re: US Completes Evacuation Of Embassy In Afghanistan As Flag Went Down by djukum1: 11:13pm On Aug 15, 2021
vedaxcool:
[s][/s]
I hope the PDP you support every waking moment learn first hand how corruption destroys government and entire country?
Imagine that $2 billion looted arms fund gig kept going what Nigeria would have become.

God bless PMB, PYO, BAT and all patriots who stood again Paliban Demo. Party and saved us from this sort of humiliation.
like seriously? U mean God bless Buhari? Enjoy ur Buhari blessing from now and for ever

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Completes Evacuation Of Embassy In Afghanistan As Flag Went Down by Eaglesence: 11:13pm On Aug 15, 2021
Fahdiga:
Imagine this world without Islam

Peace

2 Likes

Re: US Completes Evacuation Of Embassy In Afghanistan As Flag Went Down by Brown2012: 11:14pm On Aug 15, 2021
Fahdiga:
The world would have been peaceful, Islam was a mistake begotten by Abraham which he regretted all his life.

4 Likes

Re: US Completes Evacuation Of Embassy In Afghanistan As Flag Went Down by mekuso89(m): 11:14pm On Aug 15, 2021
Daveambition:
Most of una sha wicked oo. Anyways, e no betah fo' that moderator wey ban me; e sure me dyeee... Most of y'all keep placing us on ban cuz we against the Buhari evil led administration... Ogun kee Buhari sef.
Na so dem take ban on top waiting I no understand self
Re: US Completes Evacuation Of Embassy In Afghanistan As Flag Went Down by Kennydoc(m): 11:14pm On Aug 15, 2021
Gbajure:

You most probably won't be educated or dead at infancy. Read up on Ibn Sina for instance. I m sure you don't even know that 1 2 3 4 5 are Arabic numerals.

There is a difference between Arabic and Islamic. Not all Arabs are Muslims. The Arabic numerals have no connection with Islam. More so, there is a claim that the numerals originated from India.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: US Completes Evacuation Of Embassy In Afghanistan As Flag Went Down by Sanchez01: 11:14pm On Aug 15, 2021
Gbajure:

You most probably won't be educated or dead at infancy. Read up on Ibn Sina for instance. I m sure you don't even know that 1 2 3 4 5 are Arabic numerals.
True. However, it is called the ARABIC NUMBER SYSTEM and NOT the ISLAMIC NUMBER SYSTEM. It is extremely old and predates Islam's presence among Arabs.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: US Completes Evacuation Of Embassy In Afghanistan As Flag Went Down by Thebraveman: 11:16pm On Aug 15, 2021

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Completes Evacuation Of Embassy In Afghanistan As Flag Went Down by Antoeni(m): 11:17pm On Aug 15, 2021
With this recent development happening in Kabul today.

Boko Haram might want to push their luck harder..

I hope they return the states to regions before then, or divide the whole thing...

1 Like

Re: US Completes Evacuation Of Embassy In Afghanistan As Flag Went Down by Validated: 11:17pm On Aug 15, 2021
Gbajure:

Arabic is not same as Islamic. Arabic is a language and culture of a people. Some Christians speak and practice arabian cultute. Islam is NOT arabic. Learn my friend.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: US Completes Evacuation Of Embassy In Afghanistan As Flag Went Down by HazzanTazzan(m): 11:18pm On Aug 15, 2021
A lot of people do not understand that the Talibans are only taking their rightful stance in their land ...

For the uneducated ones referring to the talibans who the US govt is having an agreement with as terrorist, read the part where Biden agrees to allow the talibans have their way as long as their is no terrorist threats ...

US ha s imposed leadership on Afghanistan for decades and that’s why the region is always a war zone but the talibans won’t take it any longer...

Biden understands that fact and wants peace which led to his decision to withdraw his troops and let the country make its own decisions...

Similar scenario will be like US stationing troops in Nigeria to force a leadership on Nigerians and Nigerians starts uprising for the next 5 decades

3 Likes

Re: US Completes Evacuation Of Embassy In Afghanistan As Flag Went Down by Lashist(m): 11:18pm On Aug 15, 2021
vedaxcool:
[s][/s]

Isnt it funny you support APC and mock the guy that supports PDP.. Both of you are failures and you especially is even more cursed that you want to drag everyone down with you...you haven't gained anything from APC but you are ready to die for PMB...lol..define stupidity again cheesy

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Completes Evacuation Of Embassy In Afghanistan As Flag Went Down by mekuso89(m): 11:19pm On Aug 15, 2021
princemillla:

Was just listening to state of things and the Taliban has really promised to turn new leaf( well not for me to believe am not their citizens). Atleast some sort of relief for me since there won't be any lost of life or war breaking out. It's just change of power.

But Biden should first of all calm down to negotiate instead of sending troops and wasting additional resources fighting endless war.

USA should leave Afghan to solve their problem in Afghan way
In as much as I hate Islamic ways I still agree with you

1 Like

Re: US Completes Evacuation Of Embassy In Afghanistan As Flag Went Down by Ayomi90: 11:27pm On Aug 15, 2021
Gbajure:

They are talking about Islam as a religion u are talking about a language, is Arabic owned by Islam?

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: US Completes Evacuation Of Embassy In Afghanistan As Flag Went Down by masui(m): 11:27pm On Aug 15, 2021
Oya oooooo. Let the congratulatory messages starts pouring in.

Let's hear from the real sympathizers.

Muric

Pantami

Presidency

2 Likes

Re: US Completes Evacuation Of Embassy In Afghanistan As Flag Went Down by PericomaNwankwo: 11:29pm On Aug 15, 2021
post=104827519:
PEACE is all we want.

What if ............

Says a tyrannical hater

6 Likes

Re: US Completes Evacuation Of Embassy In Afghanistan As Flag Went Down by AMI3(m): 11:30pm On Aug 15, 2021
This is bad because other terrorist group will learn from TALIBAN

1 Like

Re: US Completes Evacuation Of Embassy In Afghanistan As Flag Went Down by overseasnbeyond: 11:31pm On Aug 15, 2021
Very soon , it will happen in Nigeria.
Bokoharam will take over Aso Rock then it will be too late to fight for Oduduwa and Biafra
post=104827481:

https://www.cnn.com/cnn/2021/08/15/politics/us-embassy-kabul-afghanistan/index.html

1 Like

Re: US Completes Evacuation Of Embassy In Afghanistan As Flag Went Down by Agboriotejoye(m): 11:31pm On Aug 15, 2021
Antoeni:
Mission accomplished!!!
American dollars wasted!!!
One trillion dollars went down the drain!!!
American dollars wasted how?
Do you know how many lives the Taliban lost since 2001?
Besides, it's not like they defeated the US. The US are leaving because they feel there's nothing to gain in the desert anymore.
If they still feel a need to remain, they will.
Re: US Completes Evacuation Of Embassy In Afghanistan As Flag Went Down by Hajokexyz: 11:32pm On Aug 15, 2021
Fahdiga:

sic erit malus, stultus!!!
Re: US Completes Evacuation Of Embassy In Afghanistan As Flag Went Down by Hajokexyz: 11:33pm On Aug 15, 2021
Brown2012:

The world would have been peaceful, Islam was a mistake begotten by Abraham which he regretted all his life.

stultus!
Re: US Completes Evacuation Of Embassy In Afghanistan As Flag Went Down by Nobody: 11:33pm On Aug 15, 2021
Gbajure:

They are Indian-arabic numerals but mostly called Indian numerals...

1 Like

Re: US Completes Evacuation Of Embassy In Afghanistan As Flag Went Down by crafteck(m): 11:33pm On Aug 15, 2021
Gbajure:

Funny u
Re: US Completes Evacuation Of Embassy In Afghanistan As Flag Went Down by Awoleesu(m): 11:34pm On Aug 15, 2021
Gbajure:

This is the problem!
The ignorance of substituting Islam for Arabic...

You did say "Arabic numerals" not Islamic numerals!

8 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

London Attack: This Photo Of A Muslim Lady Walking Past Victim Got People T... / The Taliban Will Enjoy Killing Us': Gay Man Trapped In Afghanistan (Pix) / More Than A Billion Seashore Animals Cooked To Death In Canada Heatwave(pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.