Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

Niger Coup: France, Italy Begin Evacuation Of Citizens From Niamey - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Niger Coup: France, Italy Begin Evacuation Of Citizens From Niamey (20265 Views)

Israel-Hamas War: US Begins Evacuation Of Citizens From Israel On Friday / Niger: Mutiny In Niamey Over Unpaid Salaries Of Presidential Guards / Niamey coup: Niger's President, Interior Minister detained - Sources (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Niger Coup: France, Italy Begin Evacuation Of Citizens From Niamey by fergie001: 10:55am On Aug 01, 2023
France's Embassy in Niamey was violently attacked yesterday by visibly prepared groups, which Nigerien security forces did not fully bring under control," French Embassy claimed.
Niger - Joint Press Release Issued by the Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs and the Ministry for the Armed Forces (01.08.2023)

Considering the situation in Niamey, the violence against our embassy the day before yesterday and the fact that the air space is shut and our citizens cannot leave by their own means, France is preparing the evacuation of its citizens and (other) European citizens who want to leave the country.

The evacuation will start today.

French Ministry for Europe & Foreign Affairs

The Italian Government has decided to offer our fellow citizens present in Niamey the possibility of leaving the city with a special flight to Italy. The Embassy in Niamey will remain open and operational, also to contribute to the mediation efforts on course.

Antonio Tajani, Italian Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation

3 Likes

Re: Niger Coup: France, Italy Begin Evacuation Of Citizens From Niamey by BoldBrainz(m): 10:58am On Aug 01, 2023
And it begins...

I'll be lying if I claim to be displeased with this Niger coup. Africa has been tied down for way too long. Decades after independence, we still live like a people still under the thumbs of Colonialists.

Much as I'm not a church fanatic, I'm pretty certain God wasn't just cruising when he declared that "since time immemorial, his children suffereth violence and oppression, and it is only the violent ones that will take their freedom by force"..

128 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Niger Coup: France, Italy Begin Evacuation Of Citizens From Niamey by TemplarLandry: 11:02am On Aug 01, 2023
cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Coup: France, Italy Begin Evacuation Of Citizens From Niamey by DropsMic(m): 11:05am On Aug 01, 2023
BoldBrainz:

I'll be lying if I claim to be displeased with this Niger coup. Africa has been tied down for way too long. Decades after independence, we still live like a people still under the thumbs of Colonialists.

Same here. Africa has really suffered in the hands of the West and their puppet leaders.

61 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Niger Coup: France, Italy Begin Evacuation Of Citizens From Niamey by DaTruths: 11:05am On Aug 01, 2023
Its like they already know ECOWAS the western Puppet would invade Niger.

Anything that makes Tinubu to neglect the level of economic woes he's plunged Nigerians into and focus on who rules Niger that doesn't concern us, i will finally conclude he's not what Nigerians needs at this moment.

We put our hope in him, that's why we voted him.

He shouldn't make me regret voting him, because I'm already feeling somehow with his policies angry

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Niger Coup: France, Italy Begin Evacuation Of Citizens From Niamey by LibertyRep: 11:05am On Aug 01, 2023
I sincerely wish Nigeria is not drawn to this Uranium induced proxy war.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Niger Coup: France, Italy Begin Evacuation Of Citizens From Niamey by victory36(m): 11:05am On Aug 01, 2023
Run oo grin

3 Likes

Re: Niger Coup: France, Italy Begin Evacuation Of Citizens From Niamey by Goodlady(f): 11:05am On Aug 01, 2023
Getting serious

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Niger Coup: France, Italy Begin Evacuation Of Citizens From Niamey by ipobarecriminals: 11:05am On Aug 01, 2023
cool
Re: Niger Coup: France, Italy Begin Evacuation Of Citizens From Niamey by 001Lagos: 11:05am On Aug 01, 2023
Tinubu no get mouth

The ECOWAS countries will regret ever making Tinubu chairman of ECOWAS.

And again, whoever that is closer to Tinubu should advice him to stay clear off this deadly war looming that may spell big problem for Nigeria if we dont stay neutral

77 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Niger Coup: France, Italy Begin Evacuation Of Citizens From Niamey by Winters23: 11:05am On Aug 01, 2023
grin

That’s it guys, we’re closing shop, business is now wounding down

3 Likes

Re: Niger Coup: France, Italy Begin Evacuation Of Citizens From Niamey by Ayoola171(m): 11:06am On Aug 01, 2023
France dey Japa be that, before kasala go burst

18 Likes

Re: Niger Coup: France, Italy Begin Evacuation Of Citizens From Niamey by id4sho(m): 11:06am On Aug 01, 2023
Nigeria army should mutiny against any balablu order tongue

Slaughter house get prepared for butcher . Hunger, insecurity and dwindling economy dealing with us. Yekini Amoda Ogunlere should be guided undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Coup: France, Italy Begin Evacuation Of Citizens From Niamey by maxiuc(m): 11:06am On Aug 01, 2023
grin
Re: Niger Coup: France, Italy Begin Evacuation Of Citizens From Niamey by Tit4Tat1(m): 11:06am On Aug 01, 2023
Buhari is the biggest looser in all of this grin

45 Likes

Re: Niger Coup: France, Italy Begin Evacuation Of Citizens From Niamey by RESTMOUTH99(m): 11:06am On Aug 01, 2023
G
Re: Niger Coup: France, Italy Begin Evacuation Of Citizens From Niamey by Akaegwu(m): 11:06am On Aug 01, 2023
Leave the house shit hole πŸ•³ for us

1 Like

Re: Niger Coup: France, Italy Begin Evacuation Of Citizens From Niamey by bigdammyj: 11:06am On Aug 01, 2023
Noted.
Re: Niger Coup: France, Italy Begin Evacuation Of Citizens From Niamey by ALCOHOLKILLS(m): 11:06am On Aug 01, 2023
let's see what happen next

1 Like

Re: Niger Coup: France, Italy Begin Evacuation Of Citizens From Niamey by madridguy(m): 11:07am On Aug 01, 2023
cheesy
Re: Niger Coup: France, Italy Begin Evacuation Of Citizens From Niamey by Vipro(m): 11:07am On Aug 01, 2023
And war it shall be!

Nigeria vs Niger won't be bad, its been long we taste our Military prowess

9 Likes

Re: Niger Coup: France, Italy Begin Evacuation Of Citizens From Niamey by naijaboy756: 11:07am On Aug 01, 2023
Instability pays no one.....

The effects in the long run is usually very devastating

See Sudan.... Now Niger

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Coup: France, Italy Begin Evacuation Of Citizens From Niamey by Landmine1: 11:07am On Aug 01, 2023
Good. Stop exploiting Africans and their people of their resources.

3 Likes

Re: Niger Coup: France, Italy Begin Evacuation Of Citizens From Niamey by Ogonimilitant(m): 11:08am On Aug 01, 2023
ok
Re: Niger Coup: France, Italy Begin Evacuation Of Citizens From Niamey by Dreamhighnow(m): 11:08am On Aug 01, 2023
Way to go

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Niger Coup: France, Italy Begin Evacuation Of Citizens From Niamey by Justme65(f): 11:08am On Aug 01, 2023
Please don't be angry with me for posting this here i am in need of a help i just gave a birth but it was so unfortunate we lost the dad of my kid and since then we have been going through a lots of sufferness and with no any helpings hand, please try to help us and by special grace of God you shall never experience a backwardness and untimely death in your life, and you shall never loose any of your family's and your loved ones to an illness and untimely death amen, please if it's for us to eat for God sake this my acct ACCESS b, ANk 16 77 15, 17 61 Janet, Jacob
Re: Niger Coup: France, Italy Begin Evacuation Of Citizens From Niamey by reiddecuti: 11:08am On Aug 01, 2023
And the coup has come to stay. ECOWAS and Tinubu ranting upanda.

Nigeria that can't put his house in order and ECOWAS that can't organise themselves wants to go dictate to another on how to behave.

They better respect themselves. The proxy war of the West ECOWAS is drawn to, the originator of the war is abandoning it for them to fight.

GET SENSE!!!

14 Likes

Re: Niger Coup: France, Italy Begin Evacuation Of Citizens From Niamey by Nobody: 11:08am On Aug 01, 2023
Hmm. Interesting...

1 Like

Re: Niger Coup: France, Italy Begin Evacuation Of Citizens From Niamey by Slimmanny(m): 11:08am On Aug 01, 2023
Interesting

1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Norway Shuts Borders, Ports To Russian Goods, Exempts Fishing Vessels / IPOB Hails Trump Over Jerusalem Decision / Zelenskyy Admits That Russia Controls 20% Of Ukraine After 100 Days Of Fighting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.