Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,677 members, 7,831,101 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:42 PM

Change Of Religion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Change Of Religion (821 Views)

What 'freedom Of Religion' Means To Muslims? / ''Jesus' Holiness, Saint Daniel MyeriJesu'' (A Reverend's Change Of Name) / The Wars Of Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Change Of Religion by needeeg(m): 12:21pm On Jul 19, 2007
Use to see Christians in Mosque want to be Muslims, while not seeing Muslems in Church want to be Christians, please why such do happen!
Re: Change Of Religion by needeeg(m): 2:14pm On Jul 20, 2007
Were are the Christians in this forum pls?
Re: Change Of Religion by nossycheek(f): 2:19pm On Jul 20, 2007
needeeg:

Use to see Christians in Mosque want to be Muslims, while[b] not seeing Muslems in Church want to be Christians[/b], please why such do happen!

There are lots of them there but they dare not reveal themselves otherwise fanatics like you will declare fatwa on them.
Re: Change Of Religion by needeeg(m): 2:37pm On Jul 20, 2007
Why are they not, that's what im asking.
Re: Change Of Religion by Aproko(f): 3:06pm On Jul 20, 2007
needeeg:

Use to see Christians in Mosque want to be Muslims, while not seeing Muslems in Church want to be Christians, please why such do happen!

which and which churches have you checked?
Re: Change Of Religion by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jul 20, 2007
needeeg:

Are you really sure those people you see are truly christians?

Why will you see muslims in church wanting to be christians? Did not your quran say such an one should be killed even by members of his own family?
Re: Change Of Religion by needeeg(m): 8:56pm On Jul 20, 2007
Im very sure of what im asking, cos hv seen it in my mosques that i pray.
Re: Change Of Religion by pilgrim1(f): 10:04pm On Jul 20, 2007
@needeg,

When I first glanced in this thread, I simply laughed at the enquiry you offered. Let me ask you: is it only in the mosques and church buildings that conversion take place between Christianity and Islam? Certainly not.

Out on the streets, in quite corners, sitting at lunch in restaurants, are just a few places that people discuss their faiths - and conversions take place in the most unlikely of places and circumstances than the examples listed.

My own conversion didn't happen just like that. It took quite a long time - and when I travelled out of Nigeria, I actually went to Church a couple of times to quietly sneer and satisfy my curiosity about the silly things we'd been told about Christianity was. Here I am today - not sneering, but rejoicing that God opened my eyes and heart to His love.

That's just one example of a Muslim who went to Church and got converted; but my personal case may at best be subjective. What about taking a look at most Muslims who are converting to Christianity and encountering the living power of love in Jesus Christ?

One thing you should understand, though - it is not only to either Christianity or Islam that adherents convert between the faiths. There are good resources on the net that will help you see that even some Christians and Muslims have abandoned faith and religion altogether; not to mention that some of these have been quite outspoken about the worrying trend emanating from the Muslim world.

What you may not have realized in your enquiry is that the very situation you wonder about is actually happening in many parts of the world.
Re: Change Of Religion by nguage(m): 10:11pm On Jul 20, 2007
i dont know what you are talking about. I see islamists in my church.
Re: Change Of Religion by CrazyMan(m): 2:58am On Jul 21, 2007
I've seen muslims who gave up islam and carried their cross to follow Jesus.
Re: Change Of Religion by needeeg(m): 1:32pm On Jul 21, 2007
@Pilg
I quite understand what u mean, but guess were stil in the same shoe, it's really happen any part of the world, but from my experience i have not seen Muslems doing such, that's why im asking why such do happen.

And why i said Mosques and Churches is that's what i have seen so far, not any coner!

@craz
Is posible now
Re: Change Of Religion by gbadex1(m): 5:29pm On Jul 22, 2007
Like pilgrim pointed out, conversion can take place anywhere, anytime and doesn't necessarily have to be in the place of worship. My popsman's family was a mixture of muslim and pagan, after granny's death, i believe to muslim (i think the pagan part came from Gran's side), till my old man and most of his brothers converted to Christianity. How it happened, i dunno but then i believe Conversion is most times gradual

(1) (Reply)

The Secret Of Being Rich / Do You Need Counsel On Your Relationship? Talk To Me Here / Question About Jesus Christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.