Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,513 members, 7,819,855 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

Afghanistan In The 1960s - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Afghanistan In The 1960s (3899 Views)

Afghanistan: Deadly Suicide Bomb At Bank In Kandahar(photos) / Taliban Announce Islamic State Of Afghanistan In Presidential Palace / American Troops Ran Out Of Afghanistan In The Middle Of The Night (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Afghanistan In The 1960s by zombieHUNTER: 10:15pm On Aug 15, 2021
Muslims like Sharia

Taliban is fighting for it in Afghanistan
Boko Haram is fighting for it in Nigeria

All Muslim want Sharia
Re: Afghanistan In The 1960s by Buckeyemedia1: 10:16pm On Aug 15, 2021
Foreigna2:

You want Sharia in the North but you are scared about Nigeria dividing?
Scared of what if I may ask? Nigeria can never divide, so what is there to be scared of? Nigeria was in existence before your grandparents were born, will be here in existence after your grand children are deceased.
Re: Afghanistan In The 1960s by Foreigna2: 10:21pm On Aug 15, 2021
Buckeyemedia1:
Scared of what if I may ask? Nigeria can never divide, what is there to be scared of? Nigeria was in existence before your grandparents were born, will be here after your grand children are deceased.

The North and South were amalgamated in 1914. Prior to that, there was no Nigeria.
You can't have your Governors in the North defending bandits and excusing Boko Haram, things like this have consequences.
Very soon, you will see the consequences.

1 Like

Re: Afghanistan In The 1960s by Buckeyemedia1: 10:21pm On Aug 15, 2021
zombieHUNTER:
Muslims like Sharia

Taliban is fighting for it in Afghanistan
Boko Haram is fighting for it in Nigeria

All Muslim want Sharia
The owners of Manchester City practice Sharia, owners of PSG practice Sharia, Saudi Arabia is the custodian of Sharia. Sharia practitioners are your brothers, When people refer to the Abrahamic religions they are usually referring to Judaism, Christianity and Islam.
Re: Afghanistan In The 1960s by Buckeyemedia1: 10:24pm On Aug 15, 2021
Foreigna2:

The North and South were amalgamated in 1914. Prior to that, there was no Nigeria.
You can't have your Governors in the North defending bandits and excusing Boko Haram, things like this have consequences.
Very soon, you will see the consequences.
Stop this Useless democrazy You Hypocrites are pretending to practice in Nigeria, it is not for animals, it has brought nothing but sorrow, tears & blood, copy copy people. Under the Military or today which period was better?
Re: Afghanistan In The 1960s by Nobody: 10:24pm On Aug 15, 2021
Buckeyemedia1:
Talking just to be pretending to be sensible? Simple question then & the Taliban which one had more hope of freedom?

Good evening to you too
Re: Afghanistan In The 1960s by Buckeyemedia1: 10:27pm On Aug 15, 2021
Beancounter94:

Good evening to you too

Please send no more greetings to me, just answer the question, period of Afghanistan’s past with their reformist leader & the Taliban which one presented more hope?
Re: Afghanistan In The 1960s by proeast(m): 10:31pm On Aug 15, 2021
Buckeyemedia1:
[s]Quite obvious your parents meeting each other was a mistake. [/s]

You're no different from other Boko Haram and fulani bandits terrorising the North, vermins!

The parents that gave birth to you and the others obviously caused serious damage to humanity. Spits.
Re: Afghanistan In The 1960s by Nobody: 10:32pm On Aug 15, 2021
Buckeyemedia1:
Please send no more greetings to me, just answer the question, period of Afghanistan’s past with their reformist leader & the Taliban which one presented more hope?

I wont answer someone who called me rubbish and a pretender.

Do have a good day. It costs you nothing to be not abusive.
Re: Afghanistan In The 1960s by Foreigna2: 10:34pm On Aug 15, 2021
Buckeyemedia1:
Stop this Useless democrazy You Hypocrites are pretending to practice in Nigeria, it is not for animals, it has brought nothing but sorrow, tears & blood, copy copy people. Under the Military or today which period was better?

It is your parents who are foolish and who are animals.
Why are you asking foolish questions. Under military, the North could practice madness unchallenged. Now in democracy, you are being cut to size and you are making noise.
If you want military rule, restrict it to the North. The South is democratic and your rankadede nonsense won't work in the South.
Re: Afghanistan In The 1960s by oyatz(m): 12:00am On Aug 16, 2021
tommy589:
People who clamour to live under religious injunction,written over multiple centuries ago should watch handmaid's tale series. Watching it will jolt them back to see the beauty of modern laws and ways

The world needs to LEAVE Afghanistan alone!

After 10 years of Taliban rule, the Afghan people themselves will revolt and send them packing and the people will say never again.

The force that will annihilate the Taliban need to come from within and not from outside
Re: Afghanistan In The 1960s by EgusiShankly: 12:22am On Aug 16, 2021
Foreign intervention caused it.

Afghanistan would never have been this way had the Soviet's not invade/intrude into their affairs.
Re: Afghanistan In The 1960s by KingOfAllIgbos: 5:41am On Aug 16, 2021
Beancounter94:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

It was not a liberal country. It was a largely conservative country with a tiny educated and secular population who were not enough to make much of a difference.

It is also a country that does not like foreigners telling them what to do. So, when the USSR invaded and tried to secularize the country by force, people rebelled. And the rebellion grew simply because most of the people did not subscribe to the secular agenda of the USSR and Marxisim.

(Yes the Americans helped. The enemy of my enemy is my firend).

Infact the only way such countries can change is 1) either they get colonial rule for a very long enough time for the colonizer to build an very large enough educated and secular elite or 2) they get a Kemal Attaturk, or the leader of Egypt in the early part of the 19th century who is ready to do what it takes including massacares, to create a large enough secular population.

And that is Afghanistan's problem . There have never been enough secularists to make a difference, unlike in Turkey, Egypt, and even Algeria and Pakistan.

That is why the picture is misleading. It is like me showing pictures of Banana Island and saying this is how 90% of Nigerians live.

Always intelligent in your analysis. RESPECT +

I love well-read intellectuals here. Unfortunately they are too few.

2 Likes

Re: Afghanistan In The 1960s by Upjis: 6:27am On Aug 16, 2021
frankmoney:
This is Afghanistan in the 1960s ... It's so sad what terrorism can cause to a beautiful society

Source:
https://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=127914602

United state of america should be blamed for what has happened to afghanistan
Re: Afghanistan In The 1960s by Ghostrye: 7:13am On Aug 16, 2021
Believe it or not, this was bound to happen from the moment America decided to get involved in the country

1 Like

Re: Afghanistan In The 1960s by kingthreat(m): 8:49am On Aug 16, 2021
EndNigeriaNoow:
the present condition of Afghanistan will happen to Nigeria very very soon if you all don't support the movement to end Nigeria now.

Look at this one with the ranting of an ant. Nigeria is bigger than your masturbational fantasies.
Re: Afghanistan In The 1960s by jumper524(m): 8:49am On Aug 16, 2021
Afghanistan were predominantly Muslims since the 7th century.
Re: Afghanistan In The 1960s by kindlyheart: 9:18am On Aug 16, 2021
Buckeyemedia1:
Jehovah punish you serpent, why don’t you just commit suicide & end your life if you cannot see any good in your future? Demon.

stop insulting people online dear. if only you have the foresight he has, you will understand that what he is saying is truth
Re: Afghanistan In The 1960s by KingMack(m): 10:04am On Aug 16, 2021
It's indeed sad..you can find most of them in Nigeria motor parks grabbing and begging you and I wonder who teach Dem pidgin English and if you see their children as Dem fine..I remember then I was asking one to give me her daughter to adopt grin

Re: Afghanistan In The 1960s by Lavidalo: 11:41am On Aug 16, 2021
Wow
Re: Afghanistan In The 1960s by baralatie(m): 12:08pm On Aug 16, 2021
ryloy:
Biden got it right with Afghanistan.

Remaining there will amount to wasting American Soldiers, Resources and endless wars when the outcome will always be the same. Afghan soldiers and people gave up without a fight, so why should expect others to fight for them after 20 wasted years.

As a wiseman once said " It is time to go home"

All Muslims support Islamic Rule.

All these hypocrites still rush to Islamic country like UAE, Emirates like Afghanistan.
Hmmm
Re: Afghanistan In The 1960s by baralatie(m): 12:09pm On Aug 16, 2021
jumper524:
Afghanistan were predominantly Muslims since the 7th century.
Naaa

(1) (2) (Reply)

Whoever Wins This State Wins The US Election: Picture / The Western Media Never Shows This Somalia / Russia Tests U.S. Airspace Amidst Lockdown But Intercepted By US.F-22(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.