Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,544 members, 7,823,386 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:31 AM

What Is The Scientific And Proper Name For The Following Nigerian Foods? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Is The Scientific And Proper Name For The Following Nigerian Foods? (12126 Views)

22 Appropriate Names Of Nigerian Foods You Probably Didn't Know / 10 Nigerian Foods You Must Eat Before You Die / Nigerian Foods And Their Calorie Contents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Scientific And Proper Name For The Following Nigerian Foods? by lumzi23: 6:07pm On May 18, 2011
The normal pepper we use to cook stew
The Yam we eat
The brown kidney beans we use to beans

I am asking in case I go outside and I am looking for these ingredients to cook.

Any help would be appreciated.
Re: What Is The Scientific And Proper Name For The Following Nigerian Foods? by MissyB3(f): 10:46pm On May 18, 2011
Real pepper for stew : Real Name - Chilli pepper, Scientific name - Capsicum annuum
OR
Tatashe (?)[local name], Real name - Bell pepper, Scientific name - Capsicum annuum

Real name - Yam, Scientific name- Dioscorea Species

Real name - Kidney beans, Scientific name - Phaseolus vulgaris

1 Like

Re: What Is The Scientific And Proper Name For The Following Nigerian Foods? by lumzi23: 10:59pm On May 18, 2011
Missy ★ B:

Real pepper for stew : Real Name - Chilli pepper, Scientific name - Capsicum annuum
OR
Tatashe (?)[local name], Real name - Bell pepper, Scientific name - Capsicum annuum

Real name - Yam, Scientific name- Dioscorea Species

Real name - Kidney beans, Scientific name - Phaseolus vulgaris

Thank you very much.
tpia@:

sounds like an invasion to me.

a lazy one at that.

too lazy to even use google.

It made more sense to me to check a Nigerian forum for something about Nigerian food. Plus, I am sure I have checked google in the past but didn't get the satisfactory information.

Also, invasion?

(1) (Reply)

Why On Earth Are 'maggi' Cubes So Hard? / Rat Meat Passed-off As Lamb In China / How Many Kilograms/grams Is A Derica Of Rice?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.