Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,366 members, 7,812,047 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:06 AM

Please Help Advice For New Comers To Programming - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Please Help Advice For New Comers To Programming (966 Views)

Please I Need Your Help/advice / My Journey To Programming / Are You New To Programming? Want To Learn But Do Not Know How? Come In! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help Advice For New Comers To Programming by lorenzoinsi: 10:25pm On Aug 15, 2021
Good day Nlanders...please I need your candid advice...I intend changing my career line to the tech field(programming).. But there are some boxes I need to check out before proceeding....
#which particular field is more profitable (between software development and data science...)
#Which is more complex in terms of duration of learning and materials available both online n offline
#which is the most sort after....
# lastly any insight on DevOps engineering (what does it entail, are they also highly sort after)

Thanks a lot fams ..your advice would go a long way .....
By the way Thank the stars the EPL is back cool
Re: Please Help Advice For New Comers To Programming by Nobody: 5:28am On Aug 16, 2021
lorenzoinsi:
Good day Nlanders...please I need your candid advice...I intend changing my career line to the tech field(programming).. But there are some boxes I need to check out before proceeding....
#which particular field is more profitable (between software development and data science...)
#Which is more complex in terms of duration of learning and materials available both online n offline
# lastly any insight on DevOps engineering (what does it entail, are they also highly sort after)

Keep it simple.

Since you do not know what they both involve, avoid talking about specialty for now. Do the core prerequisite needed for all aspects. Stop troubling yourself about specialty at this elementary stage. You will be more equipped later to make a good decision.

The core is training your brain to think like a programmer. So, pick up any language you have resources on. As long as you are able to grab the basic and logic of coding, you will be able to make a better decision. Stick to one language and perfect it. Any language. You need 3 months to 1 year depending on individuals).

You will only confuse yourself with the approach you want to take. If I give you the road map of data science, you enter the first stage which is still programming, and you find yourself having issues with it, you will be discouraged. Your mind will start tricking you that if you are spending this long time on this first stage, how long will it take you to cover others?

Data science is wider than software development. But they are both university masters degree programs if you really want to be good, you must cover them like masters programs. Not necessarily you go do masters in a university, but they are intense. But before you even get half job done, you are already making money if you are smart.

You can get materials for any tech area. If you can do self study, materials are available.

Therefore, get on board and start the core course - learn a language first.

Good luck!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help Advice For New Comers To Programming by lorenzoinsi: 7:03am On Aug 16, 2021
Thanks a lot ...I really appreciate it...this has been enlightening....
PeaceJoyLove:

Keep it simple.

Since you do not know what they both involve, avoid talking about specialty for now. Do the core prerequisite needed for all aspects. Stop troubling yourself about specialty at this elementary stage. You will be more equipped later to make a good decision.

The core is training your brain to think like a programmer. So, pick up any language you have resources on. As long as you are able to grab the basic and logic of coding, you will be able to make a better decision. Stick to one language and perfect it. Any language. You need 3 months to 1 year depending on individuals).

You will only confuse yourself with the approach you want to take. If I give you the road map of data science, you enter the first stage which is still programming, and you find yourself having issues with it, you will be discouraged. Your mind will start tricking you that if you are spending this long time on this first stage, how long will it take you to cover others?

Data science is wider than software development. But they are both university masters degree programs if you really want to be good, you must cover them like masters programs. Not necessarily you go do masters in a university, but they are intense. But before you even get half job done, you are already making money if you are smart.

You can get materials for any tech area. If you can do self study, materials are available.

Good luck!
Re: Please Help Advice For New Comers To Programming by Romeoefe: 11:59pm On Aug 19, 2021
Please can you train someone
PeaceJoyLove:

Keep it simple.

Good luck!
Re: Please Help Advice For New Comers To Programming by Mach16: 12:22am On Aug 20, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:

Keep it simple.

Good luck!
Thanks for this, can pls share the material?
Re: Please Help Advice For New Comers To Programming by Nobody: 12:32am On Aug 20, 2021
Romeoefe:
Please can you train someone
I prefer guiding for free. I recommend good materials and the person can contact me from time to time. When I am free, I respond. Some are good with videos and some with books. I study the person to know what works well. But no matter what you tell some few people, they want full attention and they think without paying they can't get the best. I dont know what you want.

If you are the full attention person, we will see what really works for you. No matter how, everyone can learn programming and do greater things. I dont want to know how dull the person is. As long as the person has a computer, it is possible. If the person is slow to learn, and the person can persevere, the fellow will get it. May take time, but possible.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Advice For New Comers To Programming by Nobody: 12:37am On Aug 20, 2021
Mach16:

Thanks for this, can pls share the material?
Materials for what exactly? I specifically mentioned "materials". Plural.

In those days the problem was lack of materials. Now the problem is getting the right material for each individual because materials are too many.

What exactly is your goal?
What is your level?
Do you have idea of the language you want to learn? If not what I am familiar with, I will make recommendation who you can talk to.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Advice For New Comers To Programming by Romeoefe: 1:19am On Aug 23, 2021
Thank you. I think I can learn easily but I am just been too lazy and very busy that why I want someone like you I can report to. I keep saying next week or next month and will later stop half way. I need this help and I will be very grateful. If possible I will want to call you.
PeaceJoyLove:

I prefer guiding for free. I recommend good materials and the person can contact me from time to time. When I am free, I respond. Some are good with videos and some with books. I study the person to know what works well. But no matter what you tell some few people, they want full attention and they think without paying they can't get the best. I dont know what you want.

If you are the full attention person, we will see what really works for you. No matter how, everyone can learn programming and do greater things. I dont want to know how dull the person is. As long as the person has a computer, it is possible. If the person is slow to learn, and the person can persevere, the fellow will get it. May take time, but possible.
Re: Please Help Advice For New Comers To Programming by Nobody: 4:48am On Aug 23, 2021
Romeoefe:
Thank you. I think I can learn easily but I am just been too lazy and very busy that why I want someone like you I can report to. I keep saying next week or next month and will later stop half way. I need this help and I will be very grateful. If possible I will want to call you.
If you can learn easily and you are persistent and can endure, then you can reach me. Send me email..

If you just want to learn programming which I think everyone should learn (even I encourage my friend into art courses, law and foreign languages like French, German Mandarin etc to learn). You can take it slow no matter how busy you are. If you van create 2 hours daily to just sit down wirh your computer and code. You will be fine. Learning how to code is about using the computer itself and not just reading. You must type the codes and run them. And you start tweaking them. When you see what you can do with it, the passion to do will push you to full time programing. But 99% of the people who have been contacting me end up not doing it. Lol.
Re: Please Help Advice For New Comers To Programming by Holuu(m): 11:47am On Aug 23, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:

If you can learn easily and you are persistent and can endure, then you can reach me. Send me email..

If you just want to learn programming which I think everyone should learn (even I encourage my friend into art courses, law and foreign languages like French, German Mandarin etc to learn). You can take it slow no matter how busy you are. If you van create 2 hours daily to just sit down wirh your computer and code. You will be fine. Learning how to code is about using the computer itself and not just reading. You must type the codes and run them. And you start tweaking them. When you see what you can do with it, the passion to do will push you to full time programing. But 99% of the people who have been contacting me end up not doing it. Lol.
I have interest in learning programming, can i email you so as to know the materials needed to get
Re: Please Help Advice For New Comers To Programming by Nobody: 12:09pm On Aug 23, 2021
lorenzoinsi:

learn to copy others
Re: Please Help Advice For New Comers To Programming by Nobody: 12:15pm On Aug 23, 2021
Holuu:

I have interest in learning programming, can i email you so as to know the materials needed to get
I can attend to you privately. In fact, I have replied you. But if you ask me here, I will respond too.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Advice For New Comers To Programming by Romeoefe: 11:34pm On Aug 23, 2021
Please can you provide your email and phonenumber so I can WhatsApp and email.
Mine is romeoefe@yahoo.com and 0901119 5541
[author=PeaceJoyLove post=105082243]

If you just want to learn programming which I think everyone should learn (even I encourage my friend into art courses, law and foreign languages like French, German Mandarin etc to learn). You can take it slow no matter how busy you are. If you van create 2 hours daily to just sit down wirh your computer and code. You will be fine. Learning how to code is about using the computer itself and not just reading. You must type the codes and run them. And you start tweaking them. When you see what you can do with it, the passion to do will push you to full time programing. But 99% of the people who have been contacting me end up not doing it. Lol. [/quote]
Re: Please Help Advice For New Comers To Programming by Romeoefe: 11:35pm On Aug 23, 2021

[author=PeaceJoyLove post=105082243]

If you just want to learn programming which I think everyone should learn (even I encourage my friend into art courses, law and foreign languages like French, German Mandarin etc to learn). You can take it slow no matter how busy you are. If you van create 2 hours daily to just sit down wirh your computer and code. You will be fine. Learning how to code is about using the computer itself and not just reading. You must type the codes and run them. And you start tweaking them. When you see what you can do with it, the passion to do will push you to full time programing. But 99% of the people who have been contacting me end up not doing it. Lol. [/quote]
Re: Please Help Advice For New Comers To Programming by Romeoefe: 11:42pm On Aug 23, 2021

PeaceJoyLove:

Re: Please Help Advice For New Comers To Programming by Nobody: 12:48am On Aug 24, 2021
Romeoefe:

I have sent you an email.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Small Group Needed To Kick-start The Journey Into The World Of Web Development / Making Games With C++ For Pc Or Ps2 / Can I Build A Website With Dreamweaver

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.