Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,737 members, 7,865,893 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 08:11 AM

Equality: The Lie We've Believed - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Equality: The Lie We've Believed (201 Views)

The Lie Called Saint Maurice / We've Been Singing A Lie All Along / Primary School In Edinburgh Asks Boys To Wear Skirts To Promote Equality (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Equality: The Lie We've Believed by Nobody: 3:09am On Aug 16, 2021
N/B: I know you my dear reader may not agree with me on this, but that's awk... It's my opinion and I do not move to impose it on you, however I'd like to say that I don't believe in the term "Equality". I honestly believe that no man or woman is equal in any aspect and that, in my opinion is a fact.

Whether we like it or not, there will always be people who are better than we are and there will always be people who we're better than. We may have been born equal, but as we progressively advance in development, we slowly and unconsciously occupy our place in the world, whether or not we accept it.

Lemme say that, this place that we occupy is not one that was "destined" for us, but it's a place we forge for ourselves by intentionally doing our best to increasing our value through self development in every aspect of our lives.
5years after graduation from the University, no two student will be of the same class any more, some will become great and others will not become great. What will differentiate them into their respective class of life is the hard work they've put in themselves which will become evident in the standard of life they live.

If a President were to step into a building, the people around there will definitely stop whatever it is they're doing to welcome him, but if a pauper were to pass through that same route, he/she will definitely be kicked out of that place.
Or let's say a bomb blast were to happen in a building (where the president is) and a team of rescuers enters the building, the truth is that, the president will be rescued first and given medical attention before anyone else.
What then is the difference, between the pauper and the president? Are they both of them not flesh and blood? but yet some how, the way both are treated are very different.

The difference is simple, they're not equal. While one have worked so smart, created his own niche for himself and has become what he is, the other simply didn't and thus the difference in how they're treated.
This maybe a tough pill to swallow, but if you're honest with yourself, you'll agree with me that the concept of "all men are equal" is a lie and a scam.
My only advice for you my dear reader is to do the best you can to be better than the folks around you...

Signing out: AjFav

Re: Equality: The Lie We've Believed by luwiizy(m): 3:19am On Aug 16, 2021
The difference is simple..

VALUE...

in other word you will be treated more specially if your worth is bigger than what could be ingnored

1 Like

Re: Equality: The Lie We've Believed by Oxb90: 3:19am On Aug 16, 2021
You are 1000% correct.
Re: Equality: The Lie We've Believed by Nobody: 6:19am On Aug 16, 2021
If the president becomes a pauper and pass through that same place, he would be kicked and if the pauper becomes a president and he passes through that same place, everybody would stop what they're doing.

Everybody has a chance...

(1) (Reply)

Fundamental Facts You Should Know / Ireland Government Scholarship 2022 For Masters, Phd & Postdoc Fellowship| Fully / Most Hardest Departments In UI Distance Learning Centre.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.