Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,273 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:16 AM

God Wants You To Succeed. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Wants You To Succeed. (205 Views)

GOD Wants you to be Perfect/Holy / God Only Wants You To Be Holy, Healthy And Highly Successful - Rev Tony Akinyemi / 2019: "Buhari Will Use, Dump Tinubu, God Wants Saraki" – Primate Ayodele (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

God Wants You To Succeed. by Btruth: 4:14am On Aug 16, 2021
God Wants You To Succeed

Mon, 16 Aug 2021

‘God gave him success.’ 2 Chronicles 26:5

Think about these questions and answer them honestly.

(1) Do you believe you can be successful and spiritual at the same time? Some folks equate poverty with humility and conclude that successful people can’t be humble. Not so. ‘As long as [Uzziah] sought the Lord, God gave him success.’ Success doesn’t give you the right to look down on others but, when successful people speak, others listen. Leaders like Joseph and Daniel influenced entire nations for God. The fact is, we’ve a message of hope others need to hear, but without adequate resources, how will they hear it? (See Romans 10:14–17.) If you’ve been settling for less, pray for greater faith and start aiming higher in life.

(2) Are you afraid of success? Perhaps you fear the pressures and the price tag that accompany it. Leadership is lonely; maybe you’d rather be with the crowd. Or maybe you’ve been knocked down and you’re afraid to get up again. When Thomas Edison was asked about his success, he replied, ‘I start where other men leave off!’ John Foster Dulles, former U.S. Secretary of State said, ‘The measure of success isn’t whether you’ve a tough problem to deal with, but whether it’s the same problem you had last year.’ Paul wrote, ‘We get knocked down, but we get up again and keep going.’ (2 Corinthians 4:9 TLB)

(3) Are you satisfied with the way things are right now? If you’re not, accept responsibility for your life and take a step of faith. Ultimately the only one who can stop you from becoming the person God intended you to be—is you! Bottom line: God wants you to succeed.
Re: God Wants You To Succeed. by KENVEE6: 7:06am On Aug 16, 2021
God may want us to succeed but sometimes there are things that at a given moment is more important than success.
What do you call someone who knows that God exists but has lost faith in him?
I have lost faith in God, does he even answer prayers anymore, or maybe its just mine that he's not answering.
I don't want to sound ungrateful oo but it was God who asked us to ask for anything and he will gives it to us, he even said that up till now we've not asked for anything, yet when I pray, he doesn't answer.
I think some people are born cursed, me for example, the bible said that God won't let any temptation bigger than is to come to us, but maybe I'm an exception, let me explain: in my family, we have certain illnesses like arthritis, toothache, stammering, and some I can't write, my siblings have one or two out of them bit I have all of them yet someone is here telling me that God loves me, which God exactly are you talking about. Also, I have 5 sisters, we all experience menstrual pains, but when theirs start, you hardly notice bit mine basically shuts down my life for almost a week, EVERY MONTH; yet someone is here telling me about the love of God. Also, there is a condition called High Sensitive Personality, pple with it tend to feel pains more than the average person, I have this condition, one would think that God would protect me from things that will cause me pains but no, I always have to be in pains, go thru painful procedures in the hospital, yet you tell me about the love of God. I don't want to sound ungrateful oo after all he gave me life but why give me life filled with pains, it won't take away God's power or any other thing to make me pain-free but no, I just have to go thru it. Whenever I'm in pains, my mom tells me to pray as God alone can save me, I pray oo but lie lie, that pain will never stop until it runs its total course, am heartbroken right now because I'll be going to hospital on Monday for another pain filled procedure yet someone said God loves me. He never answers prayers, he never helps me so how exactly does he show love to us.
I also have other medical issues that I can treat but (1) there's money (2) the hospital for treating them are in Lagos bit am far away from Lagos so even if I borrow money, I can't still get treatment, why give me a sickness I can't manage, why make me suffer, I think God likes it when I suffer.
Moral lesson of this rant, dont tell me about God's love, he doesn't love me, I think he loves only some people.

P.S.: Out of 7 children my parents have, am the darkest and ugliest of them all, help me ask God why, it wouldn't have removed anything from him to make me more pretty, but no, he just had to make me ugly.
Re: God Wants You To Succeed. by Kobojunkie: 12:25am On Aug 17, 2021
KENVEE6:
God may want us to succeed but sometimes there are things that at a given moment is more important than success.
I have lost faith in God, does he even answer prayers anymore, or maybe its just mine that he's not answering.
I don't want to sound ungrateful oo but it was God who asked us to ask for anything and he will gives it to us, he even said that up till now we've not asked for anything, yet when I pray, he doesn't answer.
Here is a summary of sorts of some of the New Covenant teachings and commandments given by Jesus Christ where Prayer is concerned - please be sure to carefully read through all the passages to understand what Jesus Christ is telling you in each case and try to obey them all when next you go to pray to God..see if He does not answer you then.

* Ask, Seek and Knock, in order to receive, find and have the door opened to you
Matthew 7 vs 7
* Pray continously. I.e. don't stop asking, seeking, knocking until you have recieved, found and had the door opened to you
Matthew 21 vs 22 & Luke 18 vs 1- 8
* Avoid vain repetitions because God knows what you want even before you ask Him
Matthew 6 vs 7 - 8
* Always pray in secret and in hiding
Matthew 6 vs 6
* Pray the Lord's prayer-
Matthew 6 vs 9- 13
* Forgive everyone who has hurt or offended you before you pray so your father in Heaven will forgive you your sins-
Matthew 11 vs 25 & Matthew 6 vs 12
* Always approach God in Humility-
Luke 18 vs 9 - 4
* Believe that you have received what you ask for and it shall be done for you
Matthew 21 vs 22 & Mark 11 vs 24
* Ask the Father in the name of Jesus Christ
John 15 vs 16
* If you abide in Him and He, Jesus, abides in you, then He, Jesus Christ , will do whatever you ask in His name
John 14 vs 13-14 & john 15 vs 7
* Pray for your enemies -
Matthew 5 vs 44 & Luke 6 vs 27- 28
* Ask God for the Holy Spirit -
Luke 11 vs 13 & Matthew 7 vs 11

As Jesus Christ said, those who love Him are, not those who go around mouthing off that they do, but instead take who submit to and obey His teachings- John 14 vs 23 - 26. undecided
Re: God Wants You To Succeed. by Kobojunkie: 12:44am On Aug 17, 2021
KENVEE6:
I think some people are born cursed, me for example, the bible said that God won't let any temptation bigger than is to come to us, but maybe I'm an exception, let me explain: in my family, we have certain illnesses like arthritis, toothache, stammering, and some I can't write, my siblings have one or two out of them bit I have all of them yet someone is here telling me that God loves me, which God exactly are you talking about.

Also, I have 5 sisters, we all experience menstrual pain s, but when theirs start, you hardly notice bit mine basically shuts down my life for almost a week, EVERY MONTH; yet someone is here telling me about the love of God. Also, there is a condition called High Sensitive Personality, pple with it tend to feel pains more than the average person, I have this condition, one would think that God would protect me from things that will cause me pains but no, I always have to be in pains, go thru painful procedures in the hospital, yet you tell me about the love of God. I don't want to sound ungrateful oo after all he gave me life but why give me life filled with pains, it won't take away God's power or any other thing to make me pain-free but no, I just have to go thru it..
1. God never said He will punish us for complaining to Him about the heaviness of the burden we bare.

2. By any chance, do you suffer from clinical depression or any mental illness? undecided

3. Any known neurological complications or illness? undecided

4. When you say you are a high sensitivity personality, what do you mean you feel pain more than the average person? undecided
Re: God Wants You To Succeed. by KENVEE6: 9:19am On Aug 17, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Here is a summary of sorts of some of the New Covenant teachings and commandments given by Jesus Christ where Prayer is concerned - please be sure to carefully read through all the passages to understand what Jesus Christ is telling you in each case and try to obey them all when next you go to pray to God..see if He does not answer you then.

* Ask, Seek and Knock, in order to receive, find and have the door opened to you
Matthew 7 vs 7
* Pray continously. I.e. don't stop asking, seeking, knocking until you have recieved, found and had the door opened to you
Matthew 21 vs 22 & Luke 18 vs 1- 8
* Avoid vain repetitions because God knows what you want even before you ask Him
Matthew 6 vs 7 - 8
* Always pray in secret and in hiding
Matthew 6 vs 6
* Pray the Lord's prayer-
Matthew 6 vs 9- 13
* Forgive everyone who has hurt or offended you before you pray so your father in Heaven will forgive you your sins-
Matthew 11 vs 25 & Matthew 6 vs 12
* Always approach God in Humility-
Luke 18 vs 9 - 4
* Believe that you have received what you ask for and it shall be done for you
Matthew 21 vs 22 & Mark 11 vs 24
* Ask the Father in the name of Jesus Christ
John 15 vs 16
* If you abide in Him and He, Jesus, abides in you, then He, Jesus Christ , will do whatever you ask in His name
John 14 vs 13-14 & john 15 vs 7
* Pray for your enemies -
Matthew 5 vs 44 & Luke 6 vs 27- 28
* Ask God for the Holy Spirit -
Luke 11 vs 13 & Matthew 7 vs 11

As Jesus Christ said, those who love Him are, not those who go around mouthing off that they do, but instead take who submit to and obey His teachings- John 14 vs 23 - 26. undecided

Akuko
Re: God Wants You To Succeed. by KENVEE6: 9:20am On Aug 17, 2021
Kobojunkie:
1. God never said He will punish us for complaining to Him about the heaviness of the burden we bare.

Says who, he said he doesnt like people who murmur

2. By any chance, do you suffer from clinical depression or any mental illness? undecided

Yep

3. Any known neurological complications or illness? undecided

Nope

4. When you say you are a high sensitivity personality, what do you mean you feel pain more than the average person? undecided

Yep
Re: God Wants You To Succeed. by Kobojunkie: 12:37pm On Aug 17, 2021
KENVEE6:
1. Says who, he said he doesnt like people who murmur

2. Yep

3. Nope

4. When you say you are a high sensitivity personality, what do you mean you feel pain more than the average person?
1. God did not condemn the same in His New Covenant so no undecided

2. Are you currently receiving treatment for the depression and any other mental illness you may have? undecided

3. OK undecided

Re: God Wants You To Succeed. by Kobojunkie: 12:42pm On Aug 17, 2021
KENVEE6:
Akuko
God is God of Laws and the mandate He gives to all those He makes an agreement with is the same, this since the beginning, and it is, "submit to and obey my commandments" in order to enjoy the benefits and promises within. It was so in the time of Adam, and of Abraham, and the israelites and even now for those in the New Covenant, Jesus Christ. undecided

Those laws are not meant as page fillers but as commandments for those who are His friends to live by. In John 15 vs 14, Jesus Christ made it known that His friends are those who do as He says, implying those who refuse to do as He says are His enemies. undecided

1 Like

Re: God Wants You To Succeed. by Nobody: 2:09pm On Aug 17, 2021
KENVEE6:
I think some people are born cursed, me for example, the bible said that God won't let any temptation bigger than is to come to us, but maybe I'm an exception, let me explain: in my family, we have certain illnesses like arthritis, toothache, stammering, and some I can't write, my siblings have one or two out of them bit I have all of them yet someone is here telling me that God loves me, which God exactly are you talking about. Also, I have 5 sisters, we all experience menstrual pains, but when theirs start, you hardly notice bit mine basically shuts down my life for almost a week, EVERY MONTH; yet someone is here telling me about the love of God. Also, there is a condition called High Sensitive Personality, pple with it tend to feel pains more than the average person, I have this condition, one would think that God would protect me from things that will cause me pains but no, I always have to be in pains, go thru painful procedures in the hospital, yet you tell me about the love of God. I don't want to sound ungrateful oo after all he gave me life but why give me life filled with pains, it won't take away God's power or any other thing to make me pain-free but no, I just have to go thru it. Whenever I'm in pains, my mom tells me to pray as God alone can save me, I pray oo but lie lie, that pain will never stop until it runs its total course, am heartbroken right now because I'll be going to hospital on Monday for another pain filled procedure yet someone said God loves me. He never answers prayers, he never helps me so how exactly does he show love to us.
I also have other medical issues that I can treat but (1) there's money (2) the hospital for treating them are in Lagos bit am far away from Lagos so even if I borrow money, I can't still get treatment, why give me a sickness I can't manage, why make me suffer, I think God likes it when I suffer.
Moral lesson of this rant, dont tell me about God's love, he doesn't love me, I think he loves only some people.

P.S.: Out of 7 children my parents have, am the darkest and ugliest of them all, help me ask God why, it wouldn't have removed anything from him to make me more pretty, but no, he just had to make me ugly.

See, sometimes we are our own problems by the things we say and our mindset.

The Bible says the power of life and death lies in the tongue. Whatever you confess with your tongue is what will become of you.
You have condemned yourself, now it's taking it's course on you, you now turn to accuse God.

You have conditioned your mind that God doesn't answer prayers. then what do you expect?

Look, the Bible says, the just shall live by faith.
If you believe he answers, he'll answer you but if you believe he doesn't then he won't. God can only act on your faith and the state of your mind.

When Jesus raised Lazarus from the dead, he first gave thanks and said "father, I know you heareth me whenever I call". That's a word of trust and God proved himself there and then.

Please change your mindset and see things working out for you.

Nobody is ugly.

Shalom.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Repent And Believe The Gospel Of Jesus Christ Crucified / Jesus In Islam / Where Are You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.