Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,470 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:35 PM

Repent And Believe The Gospel Of Jesus Christ Crucified - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Repent And Believe The Gospel Of Jesus Christ Crucified (208 Views)

I Can't Believe The Anglican Church Was Created Because Of One Man's Lust. / The Recipe For Effective Prayer - Talk Less And Believe More! By Reno Omokri / Counter Thread To What Muslims Believe Concerning Jesus Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Repent And Believe The Gospel Of Jesus Christ Crucified by ochibuogwu5: 12:40am On Aug 23, 2021
"And I baptized also the household of Stephanas: besides, I know not whether I baptized any other.

17 For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.

18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God." (1 Cor. 1:16-18 KJV)

first, this is Paul speaking under the Holy Spirit Control.

I suppose so many people refer to water baptism as the only type of baptism but there are various forms of baptism.

Jesus asked James and John are you able to be baptized with the baptism that I will be baptized ?

Water baptism should come after a person listens, understands and believes the gospel which is the actual baptism into Christ death and resurrection i.e immersion(greek equivalence for "baptizo" ) into Christ which the water baptism physically represents hence with or without water baptism but a belief in the gospel of Jesus death and resurrection; salvation is already complete just like the thief on the Cross however for those who are still alive after believing; the water baptism is the next step of obedience in this new creation life of Jesus received by grace through faith
thus

"And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned." (Mark 16:15-16 KJV).

In the passage cited above, Paul was making reference to the fact that the ritual/routine of water baptism was not His main focus/duty/responsibility but allowing the gospel to be presented to human beings in such a way that the power of the Cross releases its full effect upon their souls.

(1) (Reply)

Deliverance Or Healing Can Come From Anyone Alfa Pastor Or Native Doctor / It's More Than Life / The Blood Of Jesus And The Revelation Of Divine Justice. Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.