Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,039 members, 7,821,578 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:17 PM

Taliban Takeover : It Is Impossible To Defeat An Ideology. - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Taliban Takeover : It Is Impossible To Defeat An Ideology. (337 Views)

Afghan Christians Weep As Taliban Takeover Their Properties / Men In Kabul Mock Women After Taliban Takeover Of Afghanistan / Military Takeover: What Zimbabwe Looks Like Today (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Taliban Takeover : It Is Impossible To Defeat An Ideology. by Goodmarlian: 7:19am On Aug 16, 2021
Isn't it obvious you cannot defeat hearts and will of the people,when a group people are united over a course they strongly believe in nothing can stop them,imagine US with the best and most dreaded military technologies in the world were frustrated and left Afghanistan to her fate,now she fell after 20years of bloody fighting.
With the little i have learnt over the years i have come to believe, the best way to win war is to have the support of the people if you fail to do this you are a goner,he who has the support and love of the people is a winner even if you die the people will continue until they achieve that goal,i have being hearing about Taliban since I was 10 now i am in my late 20s i believe the progenitors of Taliban are dead long time ago ,this new generation were more sophisticated and learnt from the mistakes of their past leader till they got it right.

Taliban victory over Afghanistan will motivate nearly all movements in world,both good and bad right and wrong,from seccessionists down to revolutionists.

How is Nigerian government handling the growing ideologies In Nigeria,i hope they now realise guns ,bullets and bombs arrest cannot kill ideologies,Taliban lost many battles even lost the war in the past but still continued that's the power of ideology,if Taliban is what the afghans want they should go ahead all the best because o believe you cannot win with people's support..
Re: Taliban Takeover : It Is Impossible To Defeat An Ideology. by tamdun: 7:23am On Aug 16, 2021
Something is fishy about taliban taking over Afghanistan, how can militant take over a country in weeks? Where do you think they got their ammunitions?

2 Likes

Re: Taliban Takeover : It Is Impossible To Defeat An Ideology. by 1Alex: 7:33am On Aug 16, 2021
tamdun:
Something is fishy about taliban taking over Afghanistan, how can militant take over a country in weeks? Where do you think they got their ammunitions?
oga you have not been following the news. I don't know where to start to educate you.
Re: Taliban Takeover : It Is Impossible To Defeat An Ideology. by babyfaceafrica: 7:43am On Aug 16, 2021
Story
Re: Taliban Takeover : It Is Impossible To Defeat An Ideology. by StarFist(m): 7:43am On Aug 16, 2021
You get the point now.... Na games
Re: Taliban Takeover : It Is Impossible To Defeat An Ideology. by Goodmarlian: 7:46am On Aug 16, 2021
babyfaceafrica:
Story

The same thing Afghanistan president said now wetin sup?una no wise..
Re: Taliban Takeover : It Is Impossible To Defeat An Ideology. by adefitim(m): 7:47am On Aug 16, 2021
Confused people
Re: Taliban Takeover : It Is Impossible To Defeat An Ideology. by Goodmarlian: 7:50am On Aug 16, 2021
adefitim:
Confused people

This post is not for big brother watchers,it's for intelligent people.
Re: Taliban Takeover : It Is Impossible To Defeat An Ideology. by mrvitalis(m): 7:50am On Aug 16, 2021
What a people want is what they would get no matter what

You can't fight an ideology the people support ...it's impossible

Afaganistans wants to be ruled under Sharia they have gotten it

North wants an Islamic sharia republic they would get it

Igbos wants a capitalist biafra they would get it no matter the time it takes

1 Like

Re: Taliban Takeover : It Is Impossible To Defeat An Ideology. by Fundamentalist: 7:51am On Aug 16, 2021
Poor student of history , Taliban was a creation of the US government in the late 70s when the Soviet Union invaded the country and was pushing the ideology of communism. Taliban got it's name from the Arabic word "talib" meaning students. They were just students learning Islam in their local madaras and the us needed foot soldiers to fight the Soviets. They were given military training and weapons by the US government to defeat Soviet invasion prominent among the students was Osama bin Laden and others. Not only did they defeat the Soviets , they also set up a government which was toppled by the US in the name of fight against terrorism. Thei USSR spent alot during the war and their economy was in Shambles , it's a major reason for the fall of the Union. The Soviet spent 10 years in Afghanistan and were defeated just like Americans in 20 years. You train me to fight your enemy and I was your friend , now I'm fighting you and I have become a terrorist, which kind double standard be that. The USA spent 20 years and over 2 trillion dollars in Afghanistan provided so-called military training to over 300,000 personnel and "weapons" to the Afghan government and yet they couldn't defend its government within a month. The US was infact running the government and the Talibans refused to negotiate with the puppet the US placed and he never succeeded in getting a arrangement with the Talibans.

Even the Hillary Clinton made that famous statement when she was secretary of state " we created the Taliban " .

Please let's understand history before typing things online.

Imagine America putting 2 trillion dollars in their economy at least their average citizens would have access to affordable healthcare, accommodation, subsidize schooling and new infrastructures This was what what trump saw and decided to withdraw the children dying in a war they know nothing about in the process spending Americans tax payers money.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

US Largest Airlift Of People In History , As 70,000+ Evacuated From Afghanistan / Reasons Why Nigerians Are Travelling To Canada / Pope Urges World Leaders To Take 'RADICAL DECISIONS' To Stop Climate Change(Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.