Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:19 AM

Men In Kabul Mock Women After Taliban Takeover Of Afghanistan - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Men In Kabul Mock Women After Taliban Takeover Of Afghanistan (91818 Views)

Biggest Threat Of 9/11-style Attack After Taliban Unveils Hellish Cabinet( Pix) / Khalil Haqqani: Wanted Al Qaeda Terrorist With $5m Bounty Reappears In Kabul / CNN Reporter Wears Hijab After Taliban Take Kabul (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Men In Kabul Mock Women After Taliban Takeover Of Afghanistan by CHoccolaTE: 8:38am On Aug 16, 2021
......the men standing around were making fun of girls and women, laughing at our terror. “Go and put on your chadari [burqa],” one called out. “It is your last days of being out on the streets,” said another. “I will marry four of you in one day,” said a third.

An Afghan woman in Kabul: ‘Now I have to burn everything I achieved’

A university student tells of seeing all around her the ‘fearful faces of women and ugly faces of men who hate women:

Early on Sunday morning I was heading to university for a class when a group of women came running out from the women’s dormitory. I asked what had happened and one of them told me the police were evacuating them because the Taliban had arrived in Kabul, and they will beat women who do not have a burqa.
We all wanted to get home, but we couldn’t use public transport. The drivers would not let us in their cars because they did not want to take responsibility for transporting a woman. It was even worse for the women from the dormitory, who are from outside Kabul and were scared and confused about where they should go.

Meanwhile, the men standing around were making fun of girls and women, laughing at our terror. “Go and put on your chadari [burqa],” one called out. “It is your last days of being out on the streets,” said another. “I will marry four of you in one day,” said a third.

With the government offices closed down, my sister ran for miles across town to get home. “I shut down the PC that helped to serve my people and community for four years with a lot of pain,” she said. “I left my desk with tearful eyes and said goodbye to my colleagues. I knew it was the last day of my job.”

I have nearly completed two simultaneous degrees from two of the best universities in Afghanistan. I should have graduated in November from the American University of Afghanistan and Kabul University, but this morning everything flashed before my eyes.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/aug/15/an-afghan-woman-in-kabul-now-i-have-to-burn-everything-i-achieved

31 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Men In Kabul Mock Women After Taliban Takeover Of Afghanistan by CHoccolaTE: 8:38am On Aug 16, 2021
All I could see around me were the fearful and scared faces of women and ugly faces of men who hate women, who do not like women to get educated, work and have freedom. Most devastating to me were the ones who looked happy and made fun of women. Instead of standing by our side, they stand with the Taliban and give them even more power.

All worked for so many days and nights to become the person I am today, and this morning when I reached home, the very first thing my sisters and I did was hide our IDs, diplomas and certificates. It was devastating. Why should we hide the things that we should be proud of? In Afghanistan now we are not allowed to be known as the people we are.

As a woman, I feel like I am the victim of this political war that men started. I felt like I can no longer laugh out loud, I can no longer listen to my favourite songs, I can no longer meet my friends in our favourite cafe, I can no longer wear my favourite yellow dress or pink lipstick. And I can no longer go to my job or finish the university degree that I worked for years to achieve.

89 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Men In Kabul Mock Women After Taliban Takeover Of Afghanistan by CHoccolaTE: 8:40am On Aug 16, 2021
When the provinces collapsed one after another, I was thinking of my beautiful girlish dreams. My sisters and I could not sleep all night, remembering the stories my mother used to tell us about the Taliban era and the way they treated women.

I did not expect that we would be deprived of all our basic rights again and travel back to 20 years ago. That after 20 years of fighting for our rights and freedom, we should be hunting for burqas and hiding our identity

could not stop my tears when I heard the stories of some families. One had lost their son in the war and didn’t have any money to pay the taxi fare to Kabul, so they gave their daughter-in-law away in exchange for transportation. How can the value of a woman be equal to the cost of a journey?

Then today, when I heard that the Taliban had reached Kabul, I felt I was going to be a slave. They can play with my life any way they want.

I also worked as a teacher at an English-language education centre. I cannot bear to think that I can no longer stand in front of the class, teaching them to sing their ABCs. Every time I remember that my beautiful little girl students should stop their education and stay at their home, my tears fall.

Source: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/aug/15/an-afghan-woman-in-kabul-now-i-have-to-burn-everything-i-achieved

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Seun
Dominique
Etc

34 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Men In Kabul Mock Women After Taliban Takeover Of Afghanistan by kelvinezeh55(m): 8:41am On Aug 16, 2021
just the beginning

73 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Men In Kabul Mock Women After Taliban Takeover Of Afghanistan by Idamond: 8:42am On Aug 16, 2021
free to_to done open..

na the same thing one region for 9ja dey look for..

231 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Men In Kabul Mock Women After Taliban Takeover Of Afghanistan by Nobody: 8:43am On Aug 16, 2021
what exactly do you expect? EQUALITY? Any woman or feminist who is worth her ovaries and is still a Christian or Muslim is just a garden-tool. these religions denigrate the status of the female gender

141 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Men In Kabul Mock Women After Taliban Takeover Of Afghanistan by Ibaaboy(m): 8:45am On Aug 16, 2021
Idamond:
free to_to done open..

na the same thing one region for 9ja dey look for..

Fear north lol
Women own don finish for that side

88 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Men In Kabul Mock Women After Taliban Takeover Of Afghanistan by CHoccolaTE: 8:48am On Aug 16, 2021
NaWeDeyHere:
what exactly do you expect? EQUALITY? Any woman or feminist who is worth her ovaries and is still a Christian or Muslim is just a garden-tool. these religions denigrate the status of the female gender

Very true

Its very sad that a lot of men are only too happy to degrade women under the guise of religion.

145 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Men In Kabul Mock Women After Taliban Takeover Of Afghanistan by Martialartist88: 8:49am On Aug 16, 2021
this people and oppression is like 5&6

61 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Men In Kabul Mock Women After Taliban Takeover Of Afghanistan by Idamond: 8:52am On Aug 16, 2021
NaWeDeyHere:

remove Christianity from this your talk, Christianity can never and will never be like religion of terrorist..

730 Likes 57 Shares

Re: Men In Kabul Mock Women After Taliban Takeover Of Afghanistan by BeeBeeOoh(m): 8:54am On Aug 16, 2021
....the men standing around were making fun of girls and women, laughing at our terror. “Go and put on your chadari [burqa],” one called out. “It is your last days of being out on the streets,” said another. “I will marry four of you in one day,” said a third

Their thought's are always the same. If you are in doubt, come to Nigeria.

112 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Men In Kabul Mock Women After Taliban Takeover Of Afghanistan by Naijanascam: 9:20am On Aug 16, 2021
I'm in tears reading the narratives.......... denying yourself of what you achieved for years

And giving out your daughters for a paltry transport fare ......

Too bad
So sad

241 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Men In Kabul Mock Women After Taliban Takeover Of Afghanistan by Elmaaq: 9:33am On Aug 16, 2021
CHoccolaTE:
All I could see around me were the fearful and scared faces of women and ugly faces of men who hate women, who do not like women to get educated, work and have freedom. Most devastating to me were the ones who looked happy and made fun of women. Instead of standing by our side, they stand with the Taliban and give them even more power.

All worked for so many days and nights to become the person I am today, and this morning when I reached home, the very first thing my sisters and I did was hide our IDs, diplomas and certificates. It was devastating. Why should we hide the things that we should be proud of? In Afghanistan now we are not allowed to be known as the people we are.

As a woman, I feel like I am the victim of this political war that men started. I felt like I can no longer laugh out loud, I can no longer listen to my favourite songs, I can no longer meet my friends in our favourite cafe, I can no longer wear my favourite yellow dress or pink lipstick. And I can no longer go to my job or finish the university degree that I worked for years to achieve.

You can relocate and finish the degree

4 Likes

Re: Men In Kabul Mock Women After Taliban Takeover Of Afghanistan by efficiencie(m): 9:37am On Aug 16, 2021
CHoccolaTE:
......the men standing around were making fun of girls and women, laughing at our terror. “Go and put on your chadari [burqa],” one called out. “It is your last days of being out on the streets,” said another. “I will marry four of you in one day,” said a third.

A university student tells of seeing all around her the ‘fearful faces of women and ugly faces of men who hate women:

Early on Sunday morning I was heading to university for a class when a group of women came running out from the women’s dormitory. I asked what had happened and one of them told me the police were evacuating them because the Taliban had arrived in Kabul, and they will beat women who do not have a burqa.
We all wanted to get home, but we couldn’t use public transport. The drivers would not let us in their cars because they did not want to take responsibility for transporting a woman. It was even worse for the women from the dormitory, who are from outside Kabul and were scared and confused about where they should go.

With the government offices closed down, my sister ran for miles across town to get home. “I shut down the PC that helped to serve my people and community for four years with a lot of pain,” she said. “I left my desk with tearful eyes and said goodbye to my colleagues. I knew it was the last day of my job.”

I have nearly completed two simultaneous degrees from two of the best universities in Afghanistan. I should have graduated in November from the American University of Afghanistan and Kabul University, but this morning everything flashed before my eyes.

Welcome to the gospel according to Islam...anywhere it enters terror enters!

146 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Men In Kabul Mock Women After Taliban Takeover Of Afghanistan by moriss33(m): 10:06am On Aug 16, 2021
Try dey keep up with news.
The Taliban no dey allow citizens leave the country.
Elmaaq:

You can relocate and finish the degree

147 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Men In Kabul Mock Women After Taliban Takeover Of Afghanistan by Splinz(m): 10:43am On Aug 16, 2021
Quite disheartening seeing this kind of oppression in this age and time. shocked

95 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Men In Kabul Mock Women After Taliban Takeover Of Afghanistan by Bullockpatricia(f): 4:03pm On Aug 16, 2021
Damn

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Men In Kabul Mock Women After Taliban Takeover Of Afghanistan by Racoon(m): 4:03pm On Aug 16, 2021
Yes! The free sex orgy has commenced but they are still hoping for the lusty 72 virgins the apostle of allah promised them in their heaven.

131 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Men In Kabul Mock Women After Taliban Takeover Of Afghanistan by Uyi168: 4:03pm On Aug 16, 2021
Muslims under Islamic regimes suffer great hell. Taliban is about to take Afghanistan back to the 6th century.

Farewell. embarassed

197 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Men In Kabul Mock Women After Taliban Takeover Of Afghanistan by seunaj: 4:04pm On Aug 16, 2021
Islam is the worst thing that has happened to the world in modern history. ISLAMBAD!
This is what the northern Nigeria wants! South! South!! South!!! breakup before it's too late!!!!!

249 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Men In Kabul Mock Women After Taliban Takeover Of Afghanistan by Nobody: 4:04pm On Aug 16, 2021
These are the people Pantami and his fellow goons idolise. The only good thing that may come out of these extremists taking hold in Nigeria is that the rest of Nigeria will revolt and break off. Everyone goes their way.

I just know we in North central middle belt won't go with that madness

169 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Men In Kabul Mock Women After Taliban Takeover Of Afghanistan by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:04pm On Aug 16, 2021
This is just so sad and pitiful.
A 17 year old high school student in Kabul, Afghanistan’s war-scarred capital, worries that she now will not be allowed to graduate.
The girl keeps asking the same question: What will happen to me?

The American withdrawal, which effectively ends the longest war on foreign soil in United States history, is also likely to be the start of another difficult chapter for Afghanistan’s people.

“I am so worried about my future. It seems so murky. If the Taliban take over, I lose my identity, she says“.
It is about my existence. It is not about their withdrawal. I was born in 2004, and I have no idea what the Taliban did to women, but I know women were banned from everything.”

We pray things really ends well with her and her likes in that country.

45 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Men In Kabul Mock Women After Taliban Takeover Of Afghanistan by mzBEAM(f): 4:04pm On Aug 16, 2021
Imagine the world without Islam...

Don't quote me. This user no send your papa

154 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Men In Kabul Mock Women After Taliban Takeover Of Afghanistan by iwaeda: 4:04pm On Aug 16, 2021
CHoccolaTE:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/aug/15/an-afghan-woman-in-kabul-now-i-have-to-burn-everything-i-achieved

IEA, welcome to a new order. Republic of no more noise from developed world!

3 Likes

Re: Men In Kabul Mock Women After Taliban Takeover Of Afghanistan by IMASTEX: 4:04pm On Aug 16, 2021
Imagine

2 Likes

Re: Men In Kabul Mock Women After Taliban Takeover Of Afghanistan by Patrioticman007(m): 4:04pm On Aug 16, 2021
Clardo:
Islam happens to be the worst disaster on mankind,and it's followers are blinded from seeing the truth.THANK YOU JESUS FOR MAKING ME YOUR FOLLOWER

Jesus son of Mary said " he without sins, should cast the first stone".

The evils of Christianity is still unmatched.
1. Adolf Hitler a Christian caused the death of more than 70,000,000. Souls during the WWII.

2. The Crusade wars led by Catholic church caused the death of more 15,000,000. Souls.

3. The transatlantic slave trade led by the church caused the death of more than 50,000,000 souls & destruction of lives in Africa.

4. The constitadors led by church of Spain killed & estaminated more than half the population of south Americans & lastly the neocolonialism is still unmatched.
The above facts are meant for minds that will Google them before insulting Islam.

36 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Men In Kabul Mock Women After Taliban Takeover Of Afghanistan by Jesuschristus: 4:04pm On Aug 16, 2021
US dropped more than 30,000 bombs on Afghanistan including the mother of all bombs and still lost,the fact someone said smth abt women doesn't make it the official opinion of Taliban.Taliban won bcs Afghans want them.

45 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Men In Kabul Mock Women After Taliban Takeover Of Afghanistan by Farid24224(m): 4:04pm On Aug 16, 2021
Very bad, pray for Afghanistan...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Kenyan Senator, Nyamu Karen, Kicked Out Of The Chambers For Indecent Dressing / Innato Tenerife: Spain's First Unclad Restaurant Begins Operation (Photos) / 5 Most Brutal And Ruthless Warlords In Africa (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.