Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,546 members, 7,816,327 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:37 AM

Stop imposing "One Nigeria" on Nigerians, allow a referendum - Mailafia - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stop imposing "One Nigeria" on Nigerians, allow a referendum - Mailafia (908 Views)

Alani Bankole: Stop Imposing Wrong Candidates On Nigerians / Buhari's Victory A Referendum On Honesty And Integrity - New York Times / We Will Not Take Part In Any Election Until We Get A Referendum-nnamdi Kanu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop imposing "One Nigeria" on Nigerians, allow a referendum - Mailafia by nairalandankrah: 11:04am On Aug 16, 2021
Former Deputy Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) Obadiah Mailafia, says Nigerians have a right to decide whether to stay together in an entity, or go their separate ways.

Mailafia who was a participant in an online talk show, ‘The Toyin Falola Interviews,’ with the theme: ‘Nigeria: How to Fix a Failing State,’ on Sunday, also said the “ordinary people” in the country do not have issues with each other, but the problems they face come from the elites who use them against one another.

“Nigerians have a choice to stay together as a nation or to be divided. It is in the hands of Nigerians. For me, it is better to go separate ways if that will bring peace,” Mailafia said when asked about the continued existence of the country.

Commenting on the problems facing the northern part of the country, the former CBN Deputy Governor noted that the “peculiar disease” facing the north is perpetuated by elites who do not like the country.

“We have a peculiar disease in northern Nigeria perpetuated by elites. They are very bankrupt, they are very jaundiced, and they hate the country.

“That is what I’m beginning to see, because with all these killings, they are not talking. But when you open your mouth small, they say ‘who told you to say that?’

“I’m a village boy. I like to listen to people in the rural areas — the ordinary people — and they have no problem with each other. The Fulani that live in my area, they speak our language.

So, if we are going to keep slaughtering each other, then it is better to separate every side and then on their own, the Middle Belt could decide who they want to partner with and join Yorubaland, or Oduduwa and Biafra to become another country.

“Let that be their free choice and referendum. This would be an option, instead of slaughtering each other.”

https://www.ripplesnigeria.com/nigerians-have-a-right-to-decide-to-stay-together-or-not-mailafia/

1 Like

Re: Stop imposing "One Nigeria" on Nigerians, allow a referendum - Mailafia by Elgorny(m): 11:07am On Aug 16, 2021
I' ve already have my refrendeum since last june i got my cameroon citizenship. I don japa leave yakubu uche and lanre with their bubu
Re: Stop imposing "One Nigeria" on Nigerians, allow a referendum - Mailafia by yanabasee2: 11:08am On Aug 16, 2021
The North will never let that dream to come to pass.....

Their best shot is to restructure this country.. But their delay to restructure Nigeria is to see fit the other means that they will come up with that will still place them at the beneficiary side of all goodies from the country...

Anyway, if the restructuring won't hold..... breaking free will be the last option and by that time, it'll be very hard for the North to bond the country. ...
Re: Stop imposing "One Nigeria" on Nigerians, allow a referendum - Mailafia by fnep2smooth(m): 11:12am On Aug 16, 2021
everybody don tire, few are speaking up.
Re: Stop imposing "One Nigeria" on Nigerians, allow a referendum - Mailafia by Nobody: 11:18am On Aug 16, 2021
no be say them dey impose am ooh..
Na who go pay the money way bubu borrow from china take do railway, from Nigeria to Cameroon grin

2 Likes

Re: Stop imposing "One Nigeria" on Nigerians, allow a referendum - Mailafia by Nobody: 11:22am On Aug 16, 2021
Sacredness:
no be say them dey impose am ooh..
Na who to pay the money way bubu borrow from china take do railway, from Nigeria to Cameroon grin
na u first make me laugh today. Take one orijin
Re: Stop imposing "One Nigeria" on Nigerians, allow a referendum - Mailafia by Nobody: 11:24am On Aug 16, 2021
bros na sachet abi na bottle?
Vickyvice:
na u first make me laugh today. Take one orijin
Re: Stop imposing "One Nigeria" on Nigerians, allow a referendum - Mailafia by BlessedNuel: 12:31pm On Aug 16, 2021
Seen and noted
Re: Stop imposing "One Nigeria" on Nigerians, allow a referendum - Mailafia by Nobody: 12:34pm On Aug 16, 2021
This man carried all the sense meant for northerners for himself alone

I can see why Abokis don't have sense

One man has too much sense

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop imposing "One Nigeria" on Nigerians, allow a referendum - Mailafia by dynicks(m): 12:46pm On Aug 16, 2021
Mikecold:
This man carried all the sense meant for northerners for himself alone

I can see why Abokis don't have sense

One man has too much sense
grin
Re: Stop imposing "One Nigeria" on Nigerians, allow a referendum - Mailafia by Nobody: 12:50pm On Aug 16, 2021
yanabasee2:
The North will never let that dream to come to pass.....

Their best shot is to restructure this country.. But their delay to restructure Nigeria is to see fit the other means that they will come up with that will still place them at the beneficiary side of all goodies from the country...

Anyway, if the restructuring won't hold..... breaking free will be the last option and by that time, it'll be very hard for the North to bond the country. ...
Southern Politicians are not interested in the dissolution of Nigeria.
Re: Stop imposing "One Nigeria" on Nigerians, allow a referendum - Mailafia by AntiBeEmCe(m): 1:34pm On Aug 16, 2021
I wonder. Is marriage by force? We need to go out separate ways... that's that.
Re: Stop imposing "One Nigeria" on Nigerians, allow a referendum - Mailafia by FreedomArmy: 1:40pm On Aug 16, 2021
Seun are you hearing intellectuals who are seeing the bigger picture?
Stop fighting for one Nigeria when you know that your peoples blood will be shed to keep the one Nigeria.
Its time to stop deceiving ourselves and embrace the reality.
Re: Stop imposing "One Nigeria" on Nigerians, allow a referendum - Mailafia by CrownOfClay724: 1:43pm On Aug 16, 2021
Elgorny:
I' ve already have my refrendeum since last june i got my cameroon citizenship. I don japa leave yakubu uche and lanre with their bubu

How you do am, bros?
Re: Stop imposing "One Nigeria" on Nigerians, allow a referendum - Mailafia by CrownOfClay724: 1:44pm On Aug 16, 2021
They will soon do away with him.

That one sure.
Re: Stop imposing "One Nigeria" on Nigerians, allow a referendum - Mailafia by nairabacks(f): 1:46pm On Aug 16, 2021
One Islamic Nigeria
Re: Stop imposing "One Nigeria" on Nigerians, allow a referendum - Mailafia by punisha: 1:50pm On Aug 16, 2021
Please o say it louder let's know if these tone deaf Fulani pests will hear for once.
Re: Stop imposing "One Nigeria" on Nigerians, allow a referendum - Mailafia by velocity25(m): 1:52pm On Aug 16, 2021
The country is a cast one, this terrorist enclave called Nigeria must be divided!
We can't remain like this.
Re: Stop imposing "One Nigeria" on Nigerians, allow a referendum - Mailafia by nisai: 4:16pm On Aug 16, 2021
Elgorny:
Are u now in Cameron? Thank God you settled for the Cameroonian citizenship.
Re: Stop imposing "One Nigeria" on Nigerians, allow a referendum - Mailafia by jlinkd78(m): 4:58pm On Aug 16, 2021
Everyone don tire

(1) (Reply)

Tonto Dikeh’s Ex-lover, Prince Kpokpogri Accuses Her Of Infidelity (photo) / Oduduwa Protesters Confront Paid Protesters In New York, USA / NIN Registration: Are Newly-Born Kids Also Qualified To Be Registered?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.