Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,591 members, 7,812,929 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:48 PM

Jacob's Model Of Godly Polygamy. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jacob's Model Of Godly Polygamy. (850 Views)

Characteristics Of Godly Leaders / The Glory Of Godly Women (genesis And Exodus) / Prophet Jacob Mackenzie's Shoes & Feet Worshipped By Church Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jacob's Model Of Godly Polygamy. by yeshuasfootstep(m): 4:50pm On May 08, 2022
JACOB'S MODEL OF GODLY POLYGAMY.

Imagine what will happen if there is no driving school, all you need is just lay your hand on a car and zoom off. With all the regulations in place, we still record a very high number of accidents not to talk of allowing the scenario we just described above.

Like driving, polygamy is not what you just go into. Learning from a bad driver or ill equipped driving school may affect your driving in a negative way.

Likewise considering or entering into polygamy from those who practice it wrongly can affect how we view or practice it.

This is the reason we are dissecting polygamy today from the view point of Jacob, the man who later became Israel.

Having previously established in my previous article 'Replying Father Kelvin Ugwu on polygamy' that polygamy is never a sin. I will use Jacob's example to itemise what a Godly polygamy will look like since every original has it's fake. Let's go...

POLYGAMY ALWAYS ARISES OUT OF NECESSITY.

Jacob did not set out to be polygamous, he served seven years for Rachael whom he loved so much.

After seven years, Leah was given to him as wife. He protested and was told tradition forbids younger one marrying first. He accept everything in good faith and agreed to serve another 7 years in other to have Rachael.

That is how Oga Jacob entered polygamy. He did not plan it so.You can check the the bible book of Genesis 29 :20-29.

Some are arguing of recent that he did not sleep with the two wives, such people will also do well to read verse 30 also of Genesis 29.

Like Jacob, may we not go about looking for opportunities to be polygamous but if life happens on us and the only solution is to enter into polygamous relation, do the right amendments and enter into one, it is not and will never be a sin in as much as you practice it in accordance with God's law.

Don't chicken out. Do not commit murder in addition to impregnating a girl out of wedlock.
Do not make that girl a prostitute by abandoning her after impregnating her.
Do not leave that widow to suffer when you can conveniently add her to your wife or wives and love them equally, among others.

FORGET IT IF YOU CANNOT LOVE ALL YOUR WIVES EQUALLY.

This is very important and was made as a mistake by Jacob. For that singular mistake, God shut Rachael's womb.
Note that the portion in the bible said that he loved Rachael more than Leah and not that he did not love Leah at all. Genesis 29:31.

So if we are not ready to love our wives equally under polygamy, we better abandon the idea having seen that God is so much interested on how we share our love on everyone involved.
In Deuteronomy 21:15-17, there is even law to protect the right of the unloved wife.

That is to show you how serious it is in Elohim's eyes.
So please consider this very well before entering into polygamy.

WEALTH IS VERY IMPORTANT

1 Samuel 25:39-42 records David's marriage to Abigail, a widow. Everyone knows David is a man of means. That is why he took that step to protect the widow.

Jacob also take very good care of his family afterwards, his only crime is that he loves one more than the other.

The bible made it clear also that we are worse than unbelievers if we fail to take care of our family.
So please, if you cannot afford it, guard yourself against anything that can lead you to polygamy.

JACOB WAS FOCUSED AND STEADFAST.

Unlike Solomon that keeps multiplying wives for himself for no good reason, notice how Jacob became contented with the only two wives that life forced on him.

With our eyes focused on the reason for us going into polygamy, may we not deviate or loose focus by multiplying wives for ourselves because God is against it.

Like wise, if we entered polygamy indecently. Maybe by impregnating someone out of wedlock, among others. We have to acknowledge our failure and ask for forgiveness first from God and other parties involved in addition to doing the needful by adding her as a wife.

In doing this, we have retained the same status as Jacob who entered into polygamy blameless.

1 Like

Re: Jacob's Model Of Godly Polygamy. by derecho(m): 5:01pm On May 08, 2022
There's NOTHING like godly polygamy according to the Bible.
There's what scholars have termed "permissive will of God" which is different from "perfect will of God".

There are many examples in the Bible but we are not to adopt those that clearly negate those that Jesus established.

Jesus never promoted polygamy when He spoke about marriage.

Polygamy is a choice that seeks to satisfy fleshly lusts.Godliness is conforming to the Spirit so that we won't fulfill the Lust of the flesh.

One man, one wife at a time bro.

Abraham, David, Jacob, Samson or even Hosea isn't our standard.

In the time of ignorance God winked at but commands everyone to repent.
Re: Jacob's Model Of Godly Polygamy. by yeshuasfootstep(m): 5:58pm On May 08, 2022
[quote author=derecho post=112640219]There's NOTHING like godly polygamy according to the Bible.
There's what scholars have termed "permissive will of God" which is different from "perfect will of God".

There are many examples in the Bible but we are not to adopt those that clearly negate those that Jesus established.

Polygamy is a choice that seeks to satisfy fleshly lusts.Godliness is conforming to the Spirit so that we won't fulfill the Lust of the flesh.

2 Timothy 3: 16 and 17 is very clear that all of the scriptures is inspired of God. Let us not run to old testament only when issues about tithe cones up.

Many of today's solution lies there but we can't find them because of how we have configured our minds.

Even our redeemer Yeshua have to send men to prepare a place for them to observe Passover as it is in tbe bible
Re: Jacob's Model Of Godly Polygamy. by yeshuasfootstep(m): 6:05pm On May 08, 2022
[quote author=derecho post=112640219]There's NOTHING like godly polygamy according to the Bible.

2 Timothy 3: 16 and 17 is very clear that all of the scriptures is inspired of God. Let us not run to old testament only when issues about tithe cones up.

Many of today's solution lies there but we can't find them because of how we have configured our minds.

Even our redeemer Yeshua have to send men to prepare a place for them to observe Passover as it is in the bible and commanded that they keep doing it every year.

Today, men has given it different names and have different methods of celebration.
In other words, men keep playing God and hope to get a better society.

It is impossible. God who knows your make up has given you standards and examples to follow in case and you say no.

That you are too holy to marry two wives which is clearly not a sin.
By saying this, it means you better hide and commit abortions and other sexual immoralities than doing that which is acceptable in the eyes of God in case life happens on you or you go astray.

That is not Godliness but hypocrisy. Godliness is making sure the will of God prevails in all circumstances and no perceptions of men or cultures.
It is time we know that we cannot cut palm tree in half, bury the upper side and expect to still be getting sweet wine.
Let us trace back to the roots if society must change.

1 Like

Re: Jacob's Model Of Godly Polygamy. by derecho(m): 6:31pm On May 08, 2022
Kindly repost...can't sift your response

[quote author=yeshuasfootstep post=112642226][/quote]
Re: Jacob's Model Of Godly Polygamy. by derecho(m): 6:48pm On May 08, 2022
[quote author=yeshuasfootstep post=112642226][/quote]

I could glean you misapplying 2 Tim.3:16-17

I believe the whole Bible and I hope you do too.

All those stories is to see the what to do and avoid.

I wonder what is hypothetical about one man sticking to one woman. Are you suggesting that even an ungodly man can't be monogamous?
Bros, you don't need to be super spiritual to be monogamous. Grace only makes it easy to go righteousness.

There were mistakes that the patriarchs did.Are we to repeat their mistakes?

By Christian, I don't mean churchgoers.
Sometimes, you guys sound as if nothing happened to our understanding when we become Christians.
Re: Jacob's Model Of Godly Polygamy. by Kobojunkie: 6:53pm On May 08, 2022
yeshuasfootstep:

POLYGAMY ALWAYS ARISES OUT OF NECESSITY.

Jacob did not set out to be polygamous, he served seven years for Rachael whom he loved so much.
After seven years, Leah was given to him as wife. He protested and was told tradition forbids younger one marrying first. He accept everything in good faith and agreed to serve another 7 years in other to have Rachael.That is how Oga Jacob entered polygamy. He did not plan it so.You can check the the bible book of Genesis 29 :20-29.

Some are arguing of recent that he did not sleep with the two wives, such people will also do well to read verse 30 also of Genesis 29.

Like Jacob, may we not go about looking for opportunities to be polygamous but if life happens on us and the only solution is to enter into polygamous relation, do the right amendments and enter into one, it is not and will never be a sin in as much as you practice it in accordance with God's law.

Don't chicken out. Do not commit murder in addition to impregnating a girl out of wedlock.
Do not make that girl a prostitute by abandoning her after impregnating her.
Do not leave that widow to suffer when you can conveniently add her to your wife or wives and love them equally, among others.

FORGET IT IF YOU CANNOT LOVE ALL YOUR WIVES EQUALLY.

This is very important and was made as a mistake by Jacob. For that singular mistake, God shut Rachael's womb.
Note that the portion in the bible said that he loved Rachael more than Leah and not that he did not love Leah at all. Genesis 29:31.

So if we are not ready to love our wives equally under polygamy, we better abandon the idea having seen that God is so much interested on how we share our love on everyone involved.In Deuteronomy 21:15-17, there is even law to protect the right of the unloved wife.

That is to show you how serious it is in Elohim's eyes.
So please consider this very well before entering into polygamy.
Stop dragging God into that which has nothing to do with Him abeg! undecided

God washed His hands off marriage, off childbearing,
the works of man's hand, etc., in Genesis 3 vs 16 when He cursed the institution essentially making it of this world and not of His Kingdom, a resolve Jesus Christ echoed in Luke 20 vs 34 - 36. So why you think it of God to engage in these meaningless debates is beyond me. undecided
Re: Jacob's Model Of Godly Polygamy. by Dtruthspeaker: 7:26pm On May 08, 2022
yeshuasfootstep:
JACOB'S MODEL OF GODLY POLYGAMY.

Are you not being as Satan trying to make a way for people to sin and die?

Did I not show you that Jacob did not willlfully choose to have 2 wives (lack of consent) for he did not understand that Leah was his God given wife?

Yet you are trying to get people to wilfully break The Law,

Surely, you are satan and your target is to get people to be children of Cain.
Re: Jacob's Model Of Godly Polygamy. by yeshuasfootstep(m): 5:01pm On May 09, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Are you not being as Satan trying to make a way for people to sin and die?

Did I not show you that Jacob did not willlfully choose to have 2 wives (lack of consent) for he did not understand that Leah was his God given wife?

Yet you are trying to get people to wilfully break The Law,

Surely, you are satan and your target is to get people to be children of Cain.

I love your name, the truth speaker. Try and maintain that name. I understand that it is the kick of a dying horse that made you resort to telling outright lies when you run out of facts in our other thread.

Lies like Jacob not having relationship with the two wives which I debunk using Genesis 29:30
That is how it suppose to be. Deal with facts instead of sentiments and calling of names, even outright lies.

Satan is a liar and father of lies. Another name for satan is opposer. Someone who thinks he is wiser than God and opposes everything put in place and allowed by God. Insisting it must go his way.

May we not join Satan in that age long Crusade. Let the manual which is the bible guide us in all we do.

When a healthy man is crying and blocking you from giving a sick person his needed medicine. Then something is wrong.

You are monogamous, fine. I commend you. Our example Yeshua did not marry at all, if you can also emulate it, fine. It is commendable.

He did not also demonise or look down on polygamy. Make sure you don't do that also because God knows why he allows it.

If you dam a river, there must be outcomes. Either some other rivers dry up or some areas get flooded. That is exactly what Satan has used the demonisation of polygamy to do using organised religion as tool and we are reaping the consequences today, though always as clean as snow outside.

What I put down here is not to force you to follow any part but to do my own part by pointing the truth and experience the good conscience that comes with it.
Re: Jacob's Model Of Godly Polygamy. by yeshuasfootstep(m): 5:46pm On May 09, 2022
derecho:

I could glean you misapplying 2 Tim.3:16-17

I believe the whole Bible and I hope you do too.

All those stories is to see the what to do and avoid.

I wonder what is hypothetical about one man sticking to one woman. Are you suggesting that even an ungodly man can't be monogamous?
Bros, you don't need to be super spiritual to be monogamous. Grace only makes it easy to go righteousness.

There were mistakes that the patriarchs did.Are we to repeat their mistakes?

By Christian, I don't mean churchgoers.
Sometimes, you guys sound as if nothing happened to our understanding when we become Christians.

Saying I misapplied the above bible portion while agreeing exactly on what I said about it baffles me.

All the stories is for our instruction. Yes you are correct. A good example is the issue of the only two birthdays celeberated in the bible in which murder was committed. That of Pharaoh and Herod.

I am sure you celeberate your birthdays without getting what the bible want you to know as it concerns such celeberations. This is because Satan wants it so.

I hope by now you would have come to terms with why you did not see anything good about all examples of polygamy seen in the bible and proceed to condemn it even when your master did not do so. That is also how satan wants you to feel about it.

No one is telling you to go into polygamy for the fun of it. What I am doing here is to give you biblical truth as it concerns polygamy so you don't join those whom satan has convinced that it is evil so that they will continue murdering unborn babies, abandoning girls to become prostitutes and commiting other evils that is almost norm now.

Lastly, being a Christian did not give you right to rebel or kick against what God permits. If it is so, our master Yeshua will not deem it fit to send men to go and prepare a place for passover celeberation. It is a must as commanded by Elohim and he upholds it.

Being a christian means walking in his footsteps and not adopting a particular name or joining a particular organised religion. The christians of old understands this very well because it is people who notice them trying to live their lives in line with Christ example that called them christians.

Even after that, they go on with their usual day to day living until business men hijack the name Christianity. The rest is history.
Re: Jacob's Model Of Godly Polygamy. by yeshuasfootstep(m): 6:08pm On May 09, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Stop dragging God into that which has nothing to do with Him abeg! undecided

God washed His hands off marriage, off childbearing,
the works of man's hand, etc., in Genesis 3 vs 16 when He cursed the institution essentially making it of this world and not of His Kingdom, a resolve Jesus Christ echoed in Luke 20 vs 34 - 36. So why you think it of God to engage in these meaningless debates is beyond me. undecided

Oga kobo, Elohin cursed woman with birth pains and dominion from the husband, that is a fact and different from what we are discussing.

Read Luke 20:28-33 to understand what Yeshua mean by what you quote(luke 20:34-36).
He was talking of marriage for those priviledged to be ressurrected. There is nothing like marriage then.
Re: Jacob's Model Of Godly Polygamy. by Kobojunkie: 6:16pm On May 09, 2022
yeshuasfootstep:

Oga kobo, Elohin cursed woman with birth pains and dominion from the husband, that is a fact and different from what we are discussing.

Read Luke 20:28-33 to understand what Yeshua mean by what you quote(luke 20:34-36).
He was talking of marriage for those priviledged to be ressurrected. There is nothing like marriage then.
Those privileged to be resurrected? You are kidding right? undecided

Open your mind so you can better process what Jesus Christ in fact said also to you there in Luke 20 vs 34 - 36. He said that when you become born-again you enter the Kingdom of God , beginning right here as you live even in this world - John 3 vs 1 - 8, did He not. The same Jesus Christ said of those who belong to Him that they are in this world but they are not of this world, meaning that right as they live even here there existence is of the Kingdom of God. However, this same Jesus Christ then submits that their marriages, even while they live, are of this world and not of the Kingdom of God. What part of that tells you Jesus Christ was speaking of the resurrection where those who belong to Him are concerned? undecided

What God did in the beginning is cut marriage off from His Heaven, making it of the world of men. All Jesus Christ did was confirm what God already decreed which is that your marriages are of the world of men and have nothing to do with God and His Kingdom undecided
Re: Jacob's Model Of Godly Polygamy. by Dtruthspeaker: 6:29pm On May 09, 2022
yeshuasfootstep:
...Lies like Jacob not having relationship with the two wives which I debunk using Genesis 29:30
That is how it suppose to be.

Which I showed that you were wrong for as the evidence showed, he did not have sex (consummate) the marriage with Leah until after his marriage to Rachel, in proof of his lack of consent of given Leah.

And you could not counter this.

So, you are indeed Satan's advocate here to kill and destroy.
Re: Jacob's Model Of Godly Polygamy. by derecho(m): 6:47pm On May 09, 2022
Honestly, i can't understand what you're saying.
However, what I see is you assuming what you think I do.
The issue addressed is : is there anything like godly polygamy? The answer is NO.
What you are writing is purely your thought and not scriptures.
When you're ready to discuss scriptures, let me know.
yeshuasfootstep:

Saying I misapplied the above bible portion while agreeing exactly on what I said about it baffles me.

All the stories is for our instruction. Yes you are correct. A good example is the issue of the only two birthdays celeberated in the bible in which murder was committed. That of Pharaoh and Herod.

I am sure you celeberate your birthdays without getting what the bible want you to know as it concerns such celeberations. This is because Satan wants it so.

I hope by now you would have come to terms with why you did not see anything good about all examples of polygamy seen in the bible and proceed to condemn it even when your master did not do so. That is also how satan wants you to feel about it.

No one is telling you to go into polygamy for the fun of it. What I am doing here is to give you biblical truth as it concerns polygamy so you don't join those whom satan has convinced that it is evil so that they will continue murdering unborn babies, abandoning girls to become prostitutes and commiting other evils that is almost norm now.

Lastly, being a Christian did not give you right to rebel or kick against what God permits. If it is so, our master Yeshua will not deem it fit to send men to go and prepare a place for passover celeberation. It is a must as commanded by Elohim and he upholds it.

Being a christian means walking in his footsteps and not adopting a particular name or joining a particular organised religion. The christians of old understands this very well because it is people who notice them trying to live their lives in line with Christ example that called them christians.

Even after that, they go on with their usual day to day living until business men hijack the name Christianity. The rest is history.

Re: Jacob's Model Of Godly Polygamy. by Dtruthspeaker: 6:49pm On May 09, 2022
derecho:
The issue addressed is : is there anything like godly polygamy? The answer is NO.

Purely his desire for people to break The Law as he has.
Re: Jacob's Model Of Godly Polygamy. by derecho(m): 7:13pm On May 09, 2022
I don't even understand what he is saying.
Imagine, the logic of "you do not have the right as a Christian to kick against what God permits"
So if God permit armed robbers to come and kill people, we shouldn't kick against armed robbery and killing of innocent people?

Instead of someone to sit and learn God's counsel, he'd just be discussing what he doesn't understand
Dtruthspeaker:

Re: Jacob's Model Of Godly Polygamy. by yeshuasfootstep(m): 12:59pm On May 10, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Which I showed that you were wrong for as the evidence showed, he did not have sex (consummate) the marriage with Leah until after his marriage to Rachel, in proof of his lack of consent of given Leah.

And you could not counter this.

So, you are indeed Satan's advocate here to kill and destroy.

Oga advocate of God. Read your Bible very well. Try and meditate, don't have the mindset of using the portion to attack but to get the impact of what is written.

Ok, lets go to that Genesis 29:30. I am reading from new world translations, it says, ' Then Jacob had relations also with Rachel', let me stop here.

Go to verse 31 of the same chapter, 'When Jehovah saw that Leah was unloved, he then enabled her to be pregnant, but Rachel was barren'.

Oga, you and I knows that God did not hide the only virgin pregnancy which is of the holy spirit in the bible. If it is so, he would have told us.

Can I now drink water and keep cup?���
Re: Jacob's Model Of Godly Polygamy. by yeshuasfootstep(m): 1:18pm On May 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Those privileged to be resurrected? You are kidding right? undecided

Open your mind so you can better process what Jesus Christ in fact said also to you there in Luke 20 vs 34 - 36. He said that when you become born-again you enter the Kingdom of God , beginning right here as you live even in this world - John 3 vs 1 - 8, did He not. The same Jesus Christ said of those who belong to Him that they are in this world but they are not of this world, meaning that right as they live even here there existence is of the Kingdom of God. However, this same Jesus Christ then submits that their marriages, even while they live, are of this world and not of the Kingdom of God. What part of that tells you Jesus Christ was speaking of the resurrection where those who belong to Him are concerned? undecided

What God did in the beginning is cut marriage off from His Heaven, making it of the world of men. All Jesus Christ did was confirm what God already decreed which is that your marriages are of the world of men and have nothing to do with God and His Kingdom undecided

In as much as your submissions are confusing, what I am deducing is that you don't want God mentioned in anything marriage.

If that is right, your opinion is respected. However, I won't go into it because it is a different matter entirely.
Re: Jacob's Model Of Godly Polygamy. by yeshuasfootstep(m): 1:36pm On May 10, 2022
derecho:

Oga the capital No is also your personal thought but I have tried here and the previous thread with quotations to show you why polygamy should not be demonized as Satan wants it because it is not a sin in itself.

People need to be thought how to practice it in line with the bible directions and that is where it's Godliness arise from. If you have any counter argument, back it up with quotations as I always bows to superior arguments. Thanks.
Re: Jacob's Model Of Godly Polygamy. by yeshuasfootstep(m): 1:42pm On May 10, 2022
derecho:
I don't even understand what he is saying.
Imagine, the logic of "you do not have the right as a Christian to kick against what God permits"
So if God permit armed robbers to come and kill people, we shouldn't kick against armed robbery and killing of innocent people?

Instead of someone to sit and learn God's counsel, he'd just be discussing what he doesn't understand

The bible should always be your watchword. Don't add and don't subtract because it is the manual to all life challenges.

You cannot question or sue Samsung if you are wiser than them and decide to change certain things in the manual they gave you for your Tv.

They are the producers and know what they said in the manual.

Also, never you equate polygamy with armed robbery. Satan will be very happy if you do that. Thanks.
Re: Jacob's Model Of Godly Polygamy. by yeshuasfootstep(m): 1:45pm On May 10, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Presently he is monogamous but if there is the need to go that way tomorrow, he will not hesitate if he is capable and willing to go it the Godly way.
Re: Jacob's Model Of Godly Polygamy. by derecho(m): 1:56pm On May 10, 2022
The Bible is my watchword that's why I asked you to bring scriptures and not opinions.

yeshuasfootstep:

The bible should always be your watchword. Don't add and don't subtract because it is the manual to all life challenges.

You cannot question or sue Samsung if you are wiser than them and decide to change certain things in the manual they gave you for your Tv.

They are the producers and know what they said in the manual.

Also, never you equate polygamy with armed robbery. Satan will be very happy if you do that. Thanks.
Re: Jacob's Model Of Godly Polygamy. by derecho(m): 2:00pm On May 10, 2022
I'm not privy to whatever posts you're referring to.
Instead of running in circles, show us where the bible asks Christians to be polygamous.
Stop telling us what you think or feel it should be abeg
yeshuasfootstep:

Oga the capital No is also your personal thought but I have tried here and the previous thread with quotations to show you why polygamy should not be demonized as Satan wants it because it is not a sin in itself.

People need to be thought how to practice it in line with the bible directions and that is where it's Godliness arise from. If you have any counter argument, back it up with quotations as I always bows to superior arguments. Thanks.
Re: Jacob's Model Of Godly Polygamy. by Kobojunkie: 2:53pm On May 10, 2022
yeshuasfootstep:
In as much as your submissions are confusing, what I am deducing is that you don't want God mentioned in anything marriage.

If that is right, your opinion is respected. However, I won't go into it because it is a different matter [/b]entirely.
You are here attempting to argue that [b]God is for your polygamous marriages, are you not? How can that be construed a different matter ? undecided
Re: Jacob's Model Of Godly Polygamy. by yeshuasfootstep(m): 4:08pm On May 10, 2022
derecho:
I'm not privy to whatever posts you're referring to.
Instead of running in circles, show us where the bible asks Christians to be polygamous.
Stop telling us what you think or feel it should be abeg

Search 'replying Fr Kelvin ugwu on polygamy' in nairaland Religion section. All your answers are there.
Re: Jacob's Model Of Godly Polygamy. by yeshuasfootstep(m): 4:14pm On May 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:
You are here attempting to argue that God is for your polygamous marriages, are you not? How can that be construed a different matter ? undecided

Sorry but it will be a better thing if you create a different thread to convince us that God's hand is not in any marriage. This thread is about creating awareness on how to practice a type of marriage called polygamy in a Godly way.
Re: Jacob's Model Of Godly Polygamy. by Kobojunkie: 4:18pm On May 10, 2022
yeshuasfootstep:

Sorry but it will be a better thing if you create a different thread to convince us that God's hand is not in any marriage. This thread is about creating awareness on how to practice a type of marriage called polygamy in a Godly way.
There is no such thing as " Christian" or "godly" marriage this since Jesus Christ said your marriages are of the world and not of the Kingdom of God whch you become a part of when you are born-again. undecided
Re: Jacob's Model Of Godly Polygamy. by derecho(m): 4:19pm On May 10, 2022
I don't need to and what I'm addressing is "godly polygamy" which has no biblical basis.

yeshuasfootstep:

Search 'replying Fr Kelvin ugwu on polygamy' in nairaland Religion section. All your answers are there.
Re: Jacob's Model Of Godly Polygamy. by yeshuasfootstep(m): 12:01am On May 11, 2022
derecho:
I don't need to and what I'm addressing is "godly polygamy" which has no biblical basis.

Ok. Sorry it will be difficult for you to understand if you don't start from beginning of the debate .
Re: Jacob's Model Of Godly Polygamy. by yeshuasfootstep(m): 12:09am On May 11, 2022
Kobojunkie:
There is no such thing as " Christian" or "godly" marriage this since Jesus Christ said your marriages are of the world and not of the Kingdom of God whch you become a part of when you are born-again. undecided

Ok. Let me put it this way. If I cohabit with a woman without paying dowry. It is ungodly.
But if I do the right thing first by paying the bride price before living with her. I have done it the way God wants it and it can be said to be a godly marriage.

That is just what I mean and one cannot be born again and marry or cohabit with a woman anyhow claiming that God's hand is not in marriage again.
Re: Jacob's Model Of Godly Polygamy. by Kobojunkie: 12:13am On May 11, 2022
yeshuasfootstep:
1. Ok. Let me put it this way. If I cohabit with a woman without paying dowry. It is ungodly.
But if I do the right thing first by paying the bride price before living with her. I have done it the way God wants it and it can be said to be a godly marriage.

2. That is just what I mean and one cannot be born again and marry or cohabit with a woman anyhow claiming that God's hand is not in marriage again.
1. You haven't done anything "godly" by that act though. undecided

2. Unbelievers also marry without cohabitation, and that doesn't make them in any way godly. undecided
Re: Jacob's Model Of Godly Polygamy. by yeshuasfootstep(m): 3:40pm On May 11, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. You haven't done anything "godly" by that act though. undecided

2. Unbelievers also marry without cohabitation, and that doesn't make them in any way godly. undecided

Mind shift is needed. If you are afraid of Godly, then use righteous or similar terms.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Calling JESUS A PROPHET Is BLASPHEMY / Benin Girls Storm Church To Surprise Their Spiritual Mother With Boxes Of Money / Opinion: The Men Of God Who Use Bullet Proof Cars.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.