Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,826 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:37 PM

Barcelona In Debt Of €1.35 Billion After Messi’s Departure - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Barcelona In Debt Of €1.35 Billion After Messi’s Departure (24257 Views)

PSG confirms Messi's departure / Mbappe Tells PSG He Wants To Leave For Real Madrid After Messi Joins Club / Barca Troll Ronaldo & Juventus With This Photo After Messi Scored Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Barcelona In Debt Of €1.35 Billion After Messi’s Departure by Cantonese: 12:06am On Aug 17, 2021
Minjim:
Messi departed after Barcelona were unable to register a new contract for him within the strict LaLiga imposed salary cap.

Last weekend, only Gerard Pique’s accepted a last-minute pay cut, allowed Barca to field new signings Memphis Depay and Eric Garcia against Real Sociedad.

Messi is an ingrate.

Barcelona pick him up from Argentina when he was down and had lost all hope. They invested and gave him a chance to be (one of) the best.

Now, when Baca is down, Messi won't take a pay cut

Maybe you do not understand how football works. If Messi was out of form for a prolonged period, would the club not have happily sold him off?
Other clubs were willing to take him in while he was in La Masia.
Football is not about sentiments when money is involved. Players come and players go.
Kindly get Barcelona to get expert financial advisers.

3 Likes

Re: Barcelona In Debt Of €1.35 Billion After Messi’s Departure by Yusman316(m): 12:08am On Aug 17, 2021
Fahdiga:
Barça's board of directors should go for one year crash course at Chelsea to learn how to manage a club successfully
Chelsea fc is privately owned, Barcelona fc is not. So they can't have the same management style. Have u ever heard of anything like elections in Chelsea fc to elect a new president for the club?
Re: Barcelona In Debt Of €1.35 Billion After Messi’s Departure by themanderon: 1:23am On Aug 17, 2021
Messi really ruined them and dumped them for his retirement paycheck at PSG. When they were funneling that outrageous amount to his account then every week, did they not know that disaster awaits them? Now man still balling and Barcelona is crashing.

2 Likes

Re: Barcelona In Debt Of €1.35 Billion After Messi’s Departure by OmovuduTheBeast(f): 2:08am On Aug 17, 2021
NLPoliceWoman:

YOU HAVE NO ATOM OF SHAME. YOU ARE VERY VERY PREDICTABLE. WHEN SOMEONE SAYS SOMETHING FACTUAL ABOUT YOU, WITHIN SECONDS, YOU WILL LOG ONTO ALTERNATE ACCOUNTS SUCH AS THIS TO MAKE USELESS REPORT. KEEP FOOLING YOURSELF. REMEMBER I TOLD YOU THAT I HAVE GIVEN YOU SERIOUS TASK ON REPORTING AND YOU MUST COMPLETE IT. KEEP WORKING FOR ME. DON'T WORRY, YOU WILL RECEIVE YOUR 3K MONTHLY STIPEND BY MONTH END cheesy cheesy
Re: Barcelona In Debt Of €1.35 Billion After Messi’s Departure by Nobody: 3:01am On Aug 17, 2021
AchalugoNwa:
grin

selfish greedy Messi drained Barcelona dry before dumping them like trash.
when I told them that footballers are like ashawo or mercenaries with no permanent loyalty them no go gree
there's no sentiments in business and this is what Barcelona management failed to understand.
they used fans sentiments to keep Messi and be paying him massive wages at the detriment of their purse.
just like when you're making money but making more expenses grin
Barcelona board failed the club, they projected Messi above the club and it's now affecting them.
there was Barcelona before Messi and there will be Barcelona after Messi.
no player is above the club, something they failed to realize.
reason I like Perez of RM, he understands football business perfectly and knows when to dispose and hire a player.
call him anything but he understands football business perfectly.

I don't blame Messi
he didn't come all the way from Argentina to Barcelona to look bridge.
it's strictly money making after all he pays tax grin
no hard feelings
Barcelona should lick their wound
they had the opportunity to cash out from Messi and rebuild their team without Messi but they blew it.

Well said.

Emotional decisions cost them cashing out at least £200m one season earlier. Imagine how much debt it would have paid off for them.

There are no emotions in business. Only radical decisions.

Building a team around one player is not football.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Barcelona In Debt Of €1.35 Billion After Messi’s Departure by Jsucre(m): 4:45am On Aug 17, 2021
Their expense is more thank income. A case study of Nigerian business owners. The amount they are paying their players is higher than the total income. Gbese re o

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Barcelona In Debt Of €1.35 Billion After Messi’s Departure by Habib101: 4:52am On Aug 17, 2021
Spain is in economic scarce
Re: Barcelona In Debt Of €1.35 Billion After Messi’s Departure by OChimex: 6:13am On Aug 17, 2021
Great100000:
This Jose Maria Bartomeu Is One Of The Worst People To Ever A Manage, He Is One Of The Reasons Barca Are Into This Mess.

Signing Players Anyhow with outrageous fees.

Anyway, Good Luck to them.

You are right. I wonder why they aren't probing that criminal? He was so corrupt too.

The new President alleged that Bartomeu spent so much money on middle men; at one time he paid a Scout €8 Million Euros just to scout players from South America. embarassed embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Barcelona In Debt Of €1.35 Billion After Messi’s Departure by Commonguy(m): 6:22am On Aug 17, 2021
Gentlerespect76:
Drop contact

My number is on my profile
080 six zero six , nine nine, six nine seven.
Re: Barcelona In Debt Of €1.35 Billion After Messi’s Departure by IRODANOSA(m): 6:28am On Aug 17, 2021
AchalugoNwa:
grin

when I told them that footballers are like ashawo or mercenaries with no permanent loyalty them no go gree
there's no sentiments in business and this is what Barcelona management failed to understand.
they used fans sentiments to keep Messi and be paying him massive wages at the detriment of their purse.
Barcelona board failed the club, they projected Messi above the club and it's now affecting them.
reason I like Perez of RM, he understands football business perfectly and knows when to dispose and hire a player.

I don't blame Messi
no hard feelings
they had the opportunity to cash out from Messi and rebuild their team without Messi but they blew it.
They should have sold Messi last year, to cash out from his move and would have been able to balance the accounts.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Barcelona In Debt Of €1.35 Billion After Messi’s Departure by HRMK: 6:38am On Aug 17, 2021
BIG CLUB,BIG DEBTS! NAWA OH!!
Re: Barcelona In Debt Of €1.35 Billion After Messi’s Departure by Reference(m): 6:39am On Aug 17, 2021
When players are made bigger than clubs what do you expect.... bankruptcy.
When leaders like in Nigeria are made bigger than the country, same story.... bankruptcy.
Anything worshipped other than God will eventually lead to severe suffering at the end.
Only the wise understand this.
DONOT put your trust in ANY man.

1 Like

Re: Barcelona In Debt Of €1.35 Billion After Messi’s Departure by janetakan(f): 6:47am On Aug 17, 2021
All of you attacking Messi are a bunch of clowns....

Guess what? Your opinions don't count. Like you would have done better if you were in his shoes. Why don't you focus on your boko haram nation? Lmao

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Barcelona In Debt Of €1.35 Billion After Messi’s Departure by Zico5(m): 6:59am On Aug 17, 2021
Fahdiga:
Barça's board of directors should go for one year crash course at Chelsea to learn how to manage a club successfully
You these Chelsea fans will ruin this club with your chest beating attitude. Chelsea that was barn recently from registering player is the one that Barca should learn from. Pride goes before destruction.
Re: Barcelona In Debt Of €1.35 Billion After Messi’s Departure by orlawlarjulaw(m): 7:16am On Aug 17, 2021
Berca ooooooo, I pray dis club no go sink
Abeg dm if interested in
Dell latitude 3410
Intel core i5 10th Gen
256GB SSD
16GB Ram

Re: Barcelona In Debt Of €1.35 Billion After Messi’s Departure by blaise26abj(m): 7:33am On Aug 17, 2021
AchalugoNwa:
grin

I don't blame Messi
no hard feelings

God will bless you more for this statement . Ronaldo left because RM would not increase his salaries . Perez no look him face at all . They have handled big players before and know just how to manage them .
Imagine Barcelona had sold Messi last season ? The money they would have made would have cleared at least 30 percent of that debt . They stupidly kept him and could not even win the La Liga . So sad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Barcelona In Debt Of €1.35 Billion After Messi’s Departure by CSTRR: 8:48am On Aug 17, 2021
Zico5:

You these Chelsea fans will ruin this club with your chest beating attitude. Chelsea that was barn recently from registering player is the one that Barca should learn from. Pride goes before destruction.
That is not financial na.

Even the ban became a blessing in disguise.

We saved money and promoted youths like Mason mount and Reece James.
Re: Barcelona In Debt Of €1.35 Billion After Messi’s Departure by Roma10: 10:38am On Aug 17, 2021
You give them everything
What more did they what from you

Re: Barcelona In Debt Of €1.35 Billion After Messi’s Departure by Ramirezkhay(m): 10:40am On Aug 17, 2021
Funny, if dem dy cry make you cry and if dem Dy smile make you smile.. una dy expect messi to cry for where everyone Dy laugh? I no know why all of una be like this embarassed
TheKingIsHere:
Messi the fraud destroyed Barcelona then left it for ruins.

He pretended to be crying for Barca but 30 mins in Paris and my guy start to shayo cheesy

That's why Ronaldo will always be the real GOAT
cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Barcelona In Debt Of €1.35 Billion After Messi’s Departure by delvinho: 10:48am On Aug 17, 2021
AchalugoNwa:
grin

I don't blame Messi
no hard feelings

How is it Messi's Fault? Didn't he accept 50% cut to stay? Is it his fault Laliga said no? Mtsheeeew

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Barcelona In Debt Of €1.35 Billion After Messi’s Departure by Skyonebaba: 10:56am On Aug 17, 2021
adioolayi:
Bartomeu really left Barcelona in shambles !!!

OP, it's better to bring the whole transcript...before Nairalanders will start thinking Messi's wages was the cause of Barcelona's wahala...

That's not correct, the huge wage bill, according to Laporta, was from bad investment of huge transfer fee received from Neymar's sales on players that were not carefully studied. Hasty investment..bad investment and giving them huge wage
Players like dembele, countinho , griezzy , paulinho, pjanic , playing these players was just a waste
Re: Barcelona In Debt Of €1.35 Billion After Messi’s Departure by AchalugoNwa(f): 11:07am On Aug 17, 2021
delvinho:

How is it Messi's Fault? Didn't he accept 50% cut to stay? Is it his fault Laliga said no? Mtsheeeew
50% pay cut on 5 years contract is robbery and hypocrisy
Re: Barcelona In Debt Of €1.35 Billion After Messi’s Departure by OJEEMAH(m): 11:47am On Aug 17, 2021
grin grin
Numerouno94:

U always condemn Buhari, buh here u are reasoning like Buhari.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Barcelona In Debt Of €1.35 Billion After Messi’s Departure by Cantonese: 12:02pm On Aug 17, 2021
delvinho:

But they all forgot that with Messi Barcelona won trophies and felt safe on the pitch. Barcelona got value for their money. They enjoyed it while it lasted. Did they never give it the thought that someday Messi would leave?
Re: Barcelona In Debt Of €1.35 Billion After Messi’s Departure by Numerouno94(m): 12:20pm On Aug 17, 2021
OJEEMAH:
grin grin

Swears bro, some peepz dey reason like cow.

grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Barcelona In Debt Of €1.35 Billion After Messi’s Departure by Gentlerespect76: 1:05pm On Aug 17, 2021
Seen thanks

Commonguy:

My number is on my profile
080 six zero six , nine nine, six nine seven.
Re: Barcelona In Debt Of €1.35 Billion After Messi’s Departure by OJEEMAH(m): 1:29pm On Aug 17, 2021
Numerouno94:

Swears bro, some peepz dey reason like cow.

grin grin grin
i just tire sef. Are they ignorant of the fact that he took 50% pay cut yet the deal couldn't go through or they deliberately chose to hate even though it makes no sense at this point.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Barcelona In Debt Of €1.35 Billion After Messi’s Departure by MrGerald(m): 4:29pm On Aug 17, 2021
Fahdiga:
Lol you better go and do research

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Daily 1.5+ Odds For Entertainment / AFCON 2019: Meet The 24 Finalist For Egypt 2019 / Bournemouth Signs Dominic Solanke From Liverpool (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.