Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,585 members, 7,827,176 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:27 AM

What (or Who) Is My Big Why For Living? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What (or Who) Is My Big Why For Living? (233 Views)

Nigerian Man Shocked On Seeing An Oyinbo Woman Who Washes Windscreen For Living / I Need To Sell My CREDENTIALS For Living / Physique Of Cameroon Miners Who Dive Under River To Collect Sand For Living(Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What (or Who) Is My Big Why For Living? by GTCO: 6:34pm On Aug 16, 2021
What (or Who) is my big why for living?

I want to be a Grandpa and Dad that is present in the lives of my children and their children and
live close so that I get called upon to do baby-sitting and host backyard BBQs.

You see 20 years ago I made a terrible decision to pursue a high paying job on the opposite
coast. I moved 3000 miles away and it put a chasm between me and my kids. I had chosen a
career over family after being divorced. I achieved a modest level of success but lost contact
with my family. Or rather they lost contact with me.

Five years ago I had several medical problems (bipolar) that lost me my contracting career. I just could
not keep up with the time demands in my current condition. I lived on my savings. After my
retirement was spent, I took a job in retail. It pays the bills but it won’t allow me to move and be
near my kids.

When I got sick I made it my number one task to reconnect with my two daughters. My
relationship has improved as the last five years I used phone calls and facetime to rebuild trust
and a rapport with each of my daughters. Now they want me in their lives again and I need a
way to make sure I am there for them now.

I want the freedom to move and travel whenever I want to be closer to each of my daughters.
One of my daughters is now pregnant. I want to be there but my current situation won’t allow it.
Becoming a writer will give me the income and freedom to travel and be present in their lives. It
is something I can do on my own timeframe and from anywhere in the world.

After one phone call my oldest daughter said, “It sure is nice to have a Dad again”. I wanted to
hug her but I couldn’t. That is when I decided that something had to change.

I am searching for ways I can support myself and move so I can give the hugs and be a Dad, and Grandpa that they need and love
Re: What (or Who) Is My Big Why For Living? by GTCO: 11:15am On Aug 28, 2021

(1) (Reply)

Design Engineer / Bread Bakers / 5 Reasons Why You Are Still Struggling With Linkedin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.