Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,213 members, 7,836,027 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

Edwin Clark: Using Southern Oil Money For Exploration In The North Is Fraudulent - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edwin Clark: Using Southern Oil Money For Exploration In The North Is Fraudulent (16535 Views)

NNPC Begins Crude Oil Exploration In 11 LGAs In Niger, Kwara, Kogi / Oil Exploration In The North Would Continue Until The Product Is Found - NNPC / Edwin Clark: Taxi Driver Told Informant About Arms That Led To Raid On His Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Edwin Clark: Using Southern Oil Money For Exploration In The North Is Fraudulent by proeast(m): 6:56am On Aug 17, 2021
obehi247:
i know most of our brothers in the southern Nigeria want the SS or ND to be part of their struggle for secession but it can not happen because we believe in a better system. We don't want the nation state of either Biafra or Oodua we want a United States Of Southern Nigeria.

I have read most comment, especially from the biafra people wanting SS to be part of the Biafra struggle but in reality, it would not work.

If the southern states are divided into biafra and Oodua the north can still easy conquer the two state, one at a time. We in the SS know this and we are very careful not to be at the losing side.

But if collectively we are all united, we have a better fighting and winning chance.

Most of the comment i do read is just people say things without thinking it through and strategizing.

Give the SS or ND people a better proposal and see if Nigeria would not end within a short period. Don't get me wrong, we can not do it along and we can not do it sectionally. We need the collective unity of southern Nigeria with strategic cooperation from the north especially the midbelt and Nigeria would be a done deal...

There are certain things i can not say here, but we need a covert system to share ideas and information

I just hope people with such timid and coward mindset are in the minority in your zone or else it is finished for you guys. How you wrote this self deprecating and cowardly drivel with confidence is what baffles me more.

If your almighty Northern Nigeria was formidable, why did it have to rely on foreign powers to fight a Biafra that was blockaded and had no weapons yet the Nigerian side lost more combatants at the war front than Biafra did. Nigeria had to resort to bombing soft targets like schools, hospitals, markets and homes to get even! Why not pick history books about the civil war and read, black man?!

Right now, the Tigray region of Ethiopia that is actually a minority in that country just like Tiv, Ijaw or Ibibio are in Nigeria are currently pummeling Ethiopian federal army, with thousands of Ethiopian soldiers already held hostage by the Tigrayans!!

If the Tigrayans have your type of timid and cowardly mindset, they won't even imagine going into war against Ethiopia when they're just a minority. It is your type of mindset that will ensure you guys remain in slavery till thy kingdom come.

FYI, Yorubas and Igbos were tactically included through Dahomey and Anambra basins respectively, so it is the Niger Delta that are 100% losers here!

You're still fixated with Biafra and Oduduwa wanting you to be with them whether real or imagined yet you can't fight for yourself and worse still don't even believe in yourself while elevating your enemy as indomitable.

What a shame, tufiakwa!!!

8 Likes

Re: Edwin Clark: Using Southern Oil Money For Exploration In The North Is Fraudulent by Upton: 7:04am On Aug 17, 2021
yarimo:
Mr clark shaatap nothing like southern money in nigeria. Everything belongs to nigeria and nigerians

Fiction
Re: Edwin Clark: Using Southern Oil Money For Exploration In The North Is Fraudulent by Agboriotejoye(m): 7:04am On Aug 17, 2021
greenie77:

Name 2 resources from the North that belongs to Nigeria and Nigerians?
Banditry and Terrorism
Re: Edwin Clark: Using Southern Oil Money For Exploration In The North Is Fraudulent by Oracleforce: 7:05am On Aug 17, 2021
englishmart:
every resource in the north is used by the north for the north. yet they still pillage the south to manage the north. Nigeria expired in 2015.

Don't you know northerners are parastic all this while...? This is just the beginning...petroleum industrial bill has been signed...that is a 30 percent oil derivative to the north...this is just the beginning by the time you see the Islamic Republic of Nigeria. Your eye go clear...let all those buffon politicians licking their ass because of political appointments keep licking it...while the Aboki keep developing strategy to take over all their resources....
We are here together...

4 Likes

Re: Edwin Clark: Using Southern Oil Money For Exploration In The North Is Fraudulent by RedEnergy: 7:12am On Aug 17, 2021
Don't like talking politics but I still can't believe this bill passed through in both chambers of Reps and Senate that had Southern reps. All the Southern reps that voted to approve this bill needs to be identified and published for the people to know who the real enemies of the people are.
Re: Edwin Clark: Using Southern Oil Money For Exploration In The North Is Fraudulent by Agboriotejoye(m): 7:15am On Aug 17, 2021
YoungLionken:
What about their agriculture?

The usual brown envelope is no longer coming..

Umaru Musa Yar'adua of blessed memories, established SURE-P to compensate south south, but after his demise, your fellow(GEJ) couldn't maintain shit for six straight years. Instead he empowered a few criminals like Diezani, Stella Odua and their likes..

Come to think of it, why does Asari Dokubo own a university in Benin republic?

Two major problems in Nigeria; 1) Nobody thinks objectively, especially when it has to do with their religion, region. 2) Corruption...
Stop lying. Jonathan created sure-p not Yaradua. And why should Dokubo owning a university be a problem to you while indimi who does not speak one word of Ibibio has an oil well in Akwa Ibom. Parasite!!
Re: Edwin Clark: Using Southern Oil Money For Exploration In The North Is Fraudulent by NamelessOGBENI(m): 7:16am On Aug 17, 2021
Robbing Peter to pay Paul,

It's high time Peter get the guns, learn how to shoot it and aim at Paul. A near miss will tell Paul that everybody must be responsible for themselves and the 'Animal Farm' leadership style must not go on.
Re: Edwin Clark: Using Southern Oil Money For Exploration In The North Is Fraudulent by Commentor: 7:17am On Aug 17, 2021
somehow:
They won't care about their representatives
but ready to cry blue murder when things don't go their way.

Where were you when the bill was being sponsored and debated?

Don't mind the idiot.
Re: Edwin Clark: Using Southern Oil Money For Exploration In The North Is Fraudulent by Abbamasta(m): 7:21am On Aug 17, 2021
Re: Edwin Clark: Using Southern Oil Money For Exploration In The North Is Fraudulent by Kccheechy(m): 7:22am On Aug 17, 2021
obehi247:
i know most of our brothers in the southern Nigeria want the SS or ND to be part of their struggle for secession but it can not happen because we believe in a better system. We don't want the nation state of either Biafra or Oodua we want a United States Of Southern Nigeria.

I have read most comment, especially from the biafra people wanting SS to be part of the Biafra struggle but in reality, it would not work.

If the southern states are divided into biafra and Oodua the north can still easy conquer the two state, one at a time. We in the SS know this and we are very careful not to be at the losing side.

But if collectively we are all united, we have a better fighting and winning chance.

Most of the comment i do read is just people say things without thinking it through and strategizing.

Give the SS or ND people a better proposal and see if Nigeria would not end within a short period. Don't get me wrong, we can not do it along and we can not do it sectionally. We need the collective unity of southern Nigeria with strategic cooperation from the north especially the midbelt and Nigeria would be a done deal...

There are certain things i can not say here, but we need a covert system to share ideas and information

I agree with you!! An independent southern Nigeria is better than a Biafra or oduduwa independent nation
Re: Edwin Clark: Using Southern Oil Money For Exploration In The North Is Fraudulent by authority2006(m): 7:24am On Aug 17, 2021
Kennitrust:
U just don't know what we fear about the north.
Is it war or what?

Is it starvation or what?

Please, what important are they to the south?

Apart from cow what more do we gain from these people?

Are we afraid, they will kill us?

Northerners are secretly celebrating what their Muslim brothers did in Afghanistan...
And are possibly waiting for the right time to do same here.

What are the important reason the south won't want to let go of this British business created country?

You are not the one who will make the division a reality, I mean your present position in the scheme of things.
Jonathan was there for almost 6 years, why couldn't he do something about that? Instead, he was fighting for second term. My point is that, those who run Nigeria affairs are never interested in the breakups of Nigeria, be it northerners or Southerners.

2 Likes

Re: Edwin Clark: Using Southern Oil Money For Exploration In The North Is Fraudulent by authority2006(m): 7:25am On Aug 17, 2021
Money used for oil exploration in the south came from somewhere too, may be from cocoa and groundnuts
Re: Edwin Clark: Using Southern Oil Money For Exploration In The North Is Fraudulent by Perewenkle1: 7:27am On Aug 17, 2021
Why is the president bent on oil exploration in the north, in the next 20-30 years or less, the west including China will no longer buy oil, electric cars will be common on the road, most of the gasoline cars will be bought in exchange for electric cars and scrapped, this is a waste of resources, the country is best to channel that money into industrial manufacturing industries where we can produce locally and export them.

Perewenkle1
Re: Edwin Clark: Using Southern Oil Money For Exploration In The North Is Fraudulent by meccuno: 7:28am On Aug 17, 2021
[s]
obehi247:

[/s] You are talking jargons. Why haven't the North conquered Benin Republic or Cameroon. Rubbish
Re: Edwin Clark: Using Southern Oil Money For Exploration In The North Is Fraudulent by Nobody: 7:30am On Aug 17, 2021
So this bill will stand just like that? Niger Delta has actually been conquered. This is shameful
Re: Edwin Clark: Using Southern Oil Money For Exploration In The North Is Fraudulent by Moorish: 7:34am On Aug 17, 2021
obehi247:

Reasonable comment

A southern confederate is more achievable than an odduduwa and Biafra

Peace
Re: Edwin Clark: Using Southern Oil Money For Exploration In The North Is Fraudulent by Ariani: 7:38am On Aug 17, 2021
proeast:

I just hope people with such timid and coward mindset are in the minority in your zone or else it is finished for you guys. How you wrote this self deprecating and cowardly drivel with confidence is what baffles me more.

If your almighty Northern Nigeria was formidable, why did it have to rely on foreign powers to fight a Biafra that was blockaded and had no weapons yet the Nigerian side lost more combatants at the war front than Biafra did. Nigeria had to resort to bombing soft targets like schools, hospitals, markets and homes to get even! Why not pick history books about the civil war and read, black man?!

Right now, the Tigray region of Ethiopia that is actually a minority in that country just like Tiv, Ijaw or Ibibio are in Nigeria are currently pummeling Ethiopian federal army, with thousands of Ethiopian soldiers already held hostage by the Tigrayans!!

If the Tigrayans have your type of timid and cowardly mindset, they won't even imagine going into war against Ethiopia when they're just a minority. It is your type of mindset that will ensure you guys remain in slavery till thy kingdom come.

FYI, Yorubas and Igbos were tactically included through Dahomey and Anambra basins respectively, so it is the Niger Delta that are 100% losers here!

You're still fixated with Biafra and Oduduwa wanting you to be with them whether real or imagined yet you can't fight for yourself and worse still don't even believe in yourself while elevating your enemy as indomitable.

Very good observation there. wink

2 Likes

Re: Edwin Clark: Using Southern Oil Money For Exploration In The North Is Fraudulent by Ariani: 7:40am On Aug 17, 2021
Takeproft:
So this bill will stand just like that? Niger Delta has actually been conquered. This is shameful

Niger Delta is not a people or a region.
It's an interest group. And those who control those interests in their midst( the elites led by Clark Edwin and the militants in the creek) have all been settled with Ghana must bags full of money.
Re: Edwin Clark: Using Southern Oil Money For Exploration In The North Is Fraudulent by KillingIsFun: 7:40am On Aug 17, 2021
But Aboki poverty and wretchedness is for Aboki alone.

[img]https://images./6XURihm5wivL1bbqyGzKhj.jpg[/img]

yarimo:
Mr clark shaatap nothing like southern money in nigeria. Everything belongs to nigeria and nigerians
Re: Edwin Clark: Using Southern Oil Money For Exploration In The North Is Fraudulent by immortal2: 7:42am On Aug 17, 2021
Pa Edwin Clark should be happy that at least the North helped his people to break off from the Eastern region so that the Igbos will not dominate them because of their "minority" status. At least it is only oil that the North is taking from them and also a little pollution of their lands. It would have been worse than this if they had identified with the Igbos.

#pennywisepoundfoolish
Re: Edwin Clark: Using Southern Oil Money For Exploration In The North Is Fraudulent by skybeauty(f): 7:55am On Aug 17, 2021
This one don de borrow sense.
Re: Edwin Clark: Using Southern Oil Money For Exploration In The North Is Fraudulent by Kfed4ril(m): 7:56am On Aug 17, 2021
yarimo:

But there’s something like zamfara gold na
Re: Edwin Clark: Using Southern Oil Money For Exploration In The North Is Fraudulent by prophetfire: 7:56am On Aug 17, 2021
TownJ:
Good morning, Pa Edwin Clark!
Don't mind that mumu and their mumu niger Delta fools.
Re: Edwin Clark: Using Southern Oil Money For Exploration In The North Is Fraudulent by prophetfire: 7:57am On Aug 17, 2021
sapientia:
Our oyel that Igbos wanted to steal in the name of Biafra

The Northern Cabal will keep it safe in One Nigeria
. Yesoo. Fulani weeee keep the oyel wee for Dem.
Re: Edwin Clark: Using Southern Oil Money For Exploration In The North Is Fraudulent by Nobody: 8:01am On Aug 17, 2021
kenodrill:

But the Gold found in the north belongs to the north abi. Yeye dey smell!

The gold and other minerals mineral resources have not been proven to be in commercial quantities. That’s why all over the world, it’s mostly the individuals that explore most of these non-commercial minerals. The individuals only pay taxes and some forms of royalties to land owners or government as agreed.

It’s a pity Nigerian government has not been able to coordinate all these non-commercial mining activities. May be we would have made a fortune out of it as well and also be able to discover them in larger quantities for export.
Re: Edwin Clark: Using Southern Oil Money For Exploration In The North Is Fraudulent by Upton: 8:06am On Aug 17, 2021
proeast:

Calm down! Don't be a clown because you are emotional. The civil war is in the past and is different from what ya'll are calling for. It was a war ffs and wars are about military power. The Igbos had fine military men who were in the Nigerian military and they later led the Biafran military and those men trained others. So it's normal that Nigeria found it tough.

The poster was just talking about how the south needs to unite and he has a point. There's strength in Unity and that's true. On the other hand, no one really cares if the south is united or not. You see this thing you are clamouring for, it's a long journey. Even if it happens, it may not even happen in your life time, so there's no need to be emotional about someone else's post. You think it's easy to just break a country into fragments?

The Tigray forces received reinforcements from defecting Ethiopian soldiers, so it is not a big deal for them to hold Ethiopian soldiers in captive because they have people with well trained military skills fighting for them not because they have a lot of brave and courageous people who woke up one morning and picked up arms. They are fighting a war for ffs, so you expect their army/rebels to be crushed overnight?. And besides the current conflict is politically motivated.

And you know why you are fighting a lost battle? Because you guys are fighting for self determination along tribal lines. You have a problem with the North and you are letting the hatred consume you.

Don't attack someone for his opinion because he doesn't agree with yours. If you are asked the reason you are agitating, I'm sure you wouldn't find something ideological to say. You want to break out because Nigeria has failed you(true, I agree) but that's what being cowardice really is. So why attack someone that doesn't agree with you?
Re: Edwin Clark: Using Southern Oil Money For Exploration In The North Is Fraudulent by nitt: 8:08am On Aug 17, 2021
Kennitrust:
U just don't know what we fear about the north.
Is it war or what?

Is it starvation or what?

Please, what important are they to the south?

Apart from cow what more do we gain from these people?

Are we afraid, they will kill us?

Northerners are secretly celebrating what their Muslim brothers did in Afghanistan...
And are possibly waiting for the right time to do same here.

What are the important reason the south won't want to let go of this British business created country?

You are not intelligent.

Not an insult though, just stating a fact going by this comment of yours.

Cheers!
Re: Edwin Clark: Using Southern Oil Money For Exploration In The North Is Fraudulent by Amudeneogu: 8:08am On Aug 17, 2021
You have made a very big mistake. All your sanators and house of rep. Members are useless
Re: Edwin Clark: Using Southern Oil Money For Exploration In The North Is Fraudulent by nitt: 8:10am On Aug 17, 2021
akinmusi:
It's such an oppression.
Not different from Talibans taking over Afghanistan.

Tueh. I spit on one Nigeria

Yawns!!!

e-lamentations as usual

With all the billions allocated to the region but poverty is rife

Are the Northerners also at fault for the stealing
Re: Edwin Clark: Using Southern Oil Money For Exploration In The North Is Fraudulent by Nobody: 8:11am On Aug 17, 2021
meccuno:
[s][/s] You are talking jargons. Why haven't the North conquered Benin Republic or Cameroon. Rubbish

i we reply most of you guys that quote me with the same write-up so that you all get the notification together.
the same way ojukwu lead 3 millon igbo to their death and then ran away, is the same way most of you we end.

Ojukwu also thought he would win the war and ended up a loser.

Most of you just talk without thinking. Nnamdi Kanu today is the detention facility of the dss with all of his talking without thinking and all the Unknown gun men are now automatically mute or completely dead.

Where is ths American that want to help you fight for Biafra.

Incase you dont know benin republic have military pac with france so as the francophone africa country, Nigeria can not just invade them...

The way and manner some of you think, the imaginary independent state of Biafra and Oodua can never the achieved.

The tigra region of ethiopia have other regions in the same ethiopia supporting there struggle.

If you think you can get the independent you deserve from the Nigeria state because you are brave and all knowth, what are you still waiting for, get it now and stop coming to nairaland to say rubbish. Get it without involving the SS and ND people. Why wait for the SS and ND people to join you get your independent state when you have spine's and can get the job done alone. Mo.ron everywhere

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

ADHOC Staff Refuses To Work If Money Is Not Paid At Layeni, Lagos State. Photos / 2023: Rotimi Amaechi Is My Project For Presidency - Senator Ali Ndume / APC GAC Reconciles Sanwo-Olu, Obasa After Appointment Dispute

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.