Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,292 members, 7,836,281 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

Edwin Clark: Using Southern Oil Money For Exploration In The North Is Fraudulent - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edwin Clark: Using Southern Oil Money For Exploration In The North Is Fraudulent (16541 Views)

NNPC Begins Crude Oil Exploration In 11 LGAs In Niger, Kwara, Kogi / Oil Exploration In The North Would Continue Until The Product Is Found - NNPC / Edwin Clark: Taxi Driver Told Informant About Arms That Led To Raid On His Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Edwin Clark: Using Southern Oil Money For Exploration In The North Is Fraudulent by Nobody: 8:12am On Aug 17, 2021
proeast:

I just hope people with such timid and coward mindset are in the minority in your zone or else it is finished for you guys. How you wrote this self deprecating and cowardly drivel with confidence is what baffles me more.

If your almighty Northern Nigeria was formidable, why did it have to rely on foreign powers to fight a Biafra that was blockaded and had no weapons yet the Nigerian side lost more combatants at the war front than Biafra did. Nigeria had to resort to bombing soft targets like schools, hospitals, markets and homes to get even! Why not pick history books about the civil war and read, black man?!

Right now, the Tigray region of Ethiopia that is actually a minority in that country just like Tiv, Ijaw or Ibibio are in Nigeria are currently pummeling Ethiopian federal army, with thousands of Ethiopian soldiers already held hostage by the Tigrayans!!

If the Tigrayans have your type of timid and cowardly mindset, they won't even imagine going into war against Ethiopia when they're just a minority. It is your type of mindset that will ensure you guys remain in slavery till thy kingdom come.

FYI, Yorubas and Igbos were tactically included through Dahomey and Anambra basins respectively, so it is the Niger Delta that are 100% losers here!

You're still fixated with Biafra and Oduduwa wanting you to be with them whether real or imagined yet you can't fight for yourself and worse still don't even believe in yourself while elevating your enemy as indomitable.

What a shame, tufiakwa!!!

meccuno:
[s][/s] You are talking jargons. Why haven't the North conquered Benin Republic or Cameroon. Rubbish

i we reply most of you guys that quote me with the same write-up so that you all get the notification together.
the same way ojukwu lead 3 millon igbo to their death and then ran away, is the same way most of you we end.

Ojukwu also thought he would win the war and ended up a loser.

Most of you just talk without thinking. Nnamdi Kanu today is the detention facility of the dss with all of his talking without thinking and all the Unknown gun men are now automatically mute or completely dead.

Where is ths American that want to help you fight for Biafra.

Incase you dont know benin republic have military pac with france so as the francophone africa country, Nigeria can not just invade them...

The way and manner some of you think, the imaginary independent state of Biafra and Oodua can never the achieved.

The tigra region of ethiopia have other regions in the same ethiopia supporting there struggle.

If you think you can get the independent you deserve from the Nigeria state because you are brave and all knowth, what are you still waiting for, get it now and stop coming to nairaland to say rubbish. Get it without involving the SS and ND people. Why wait for the SS and ND people to join you get your independent state when you have spine's and can get the job done alone. Mo.ron everywhere
Re: Edwin Clark: Using Southern Oil Money For Exploration In The North Is Fraudulent by Nobody: 8:12am On Aug 17, 2021
obyrich:
Sit down and keep waiting for a better proposal as if your SS is immune to repressive government. SS has more problems than SE and SW.

meccuno:
[s][/s] You are talking jargons. Why haven't the North conquered Benin Republic or Cameroon. Rubbish

i we reply most of you guys that quote me with the same write-up so that you all get the notification together.
the same way ojukwu lead 3 millon igbo to their death and then ran away, is the same way most of you we end.

Most of you just talk without thinking. Nnamdi Kanu today is the detention facility of the dss with all of his talking without thinking and all the Unknown gun men are now automatically mute or completely dead.

Incase you dont know benin republic have military pac with france so as the francophone africa country, Nigeria can not just invade them...

The way and manner some of you think, the imaginary independent state of Biafra and Oodua can never the achieved.

The tigra region of ethiopia have other regions in the same ethiopia supporting there struggle.

If you think you can get the independent you deserve from the Nigeria state because you are brave and all knowth, what are you still waiting for, get it now and stop coming to nairaland to say rubbish. Get it without involving the SS and ND people. Why wait for the SS and ND people to join you get your independent state when you have spine's and can get the job done alone. Mo.ron everywhere
Re: Edwin Clark: Using Southern Oil Money For Exploration In The North Is Fraudulent by Nobody: 8:13am On Aug 17, 2021
malel1:

U really think the north can conquer biafra or oduduwa when they are separate countries?

Nawah ooo

meccuno:

Re: Edwin Clark: Using Southern Oil Money For Exploration In The North Is Fraudulent by Lawmak: 8:13am On Aug 17, 2021
obehi247:
i know most of our brothers in the southern Nigeria want the SS or ND to be part of their struggle for secession but it can not happen because we believe in a better system. We don't want the nation state of either Biafra or Oodua we want a United States Of Southern Nigeria.

I have read most comment, especially from the biafra people wanting SS to be part of the Biafra struggle but in reality, it would not work.

If the southern states are divided into biafra and Oodua the north can still easy conquer the two state, one at a time. We in the SS know this and we are very careful not to be at the losing side.

But if collectively we are all united, we have a better fighting and winning chance.

Most of the comment i do read is just people say things without thinking it through and strategizing.

Give the SS or ND people a better proposal and see if Nigeria would not end within a short period. Don't get me wrong, we can not do it along and we can not do it sectionally. We need the collective unity of southern Nigeria with strategic cooperation from the north especially the midbelt and Nigeria would be a done deal...

There are certain things i can not say here, but we need a covert system to share ideas and information

Go and sit down. United state off southern Nigeria my foot. Until this country is balkanised no development.

2 Likes

Re: Edwin Clark: Using Southern Oil Money For Exploration In The North Is Fraudulent by Nobody: 8:14am On Aug 17, 2021
Lawmak:

Go and sit down. United state off southern Nigeria my foot. Until this country is balkanised no development.

meccuno:

Re: Edwin Clark: Using Southern Oil Money For Exploration In The North Is Fraudulent by Princedapace(m): 8:14am On Aug 17, 2021
obehi247:
i know most of our brothers in the southern Nigeria want the SS or ND to be part of their struggle for secession but it can not happen because we believe in a better system. We don't want the nation state of either Biafra or Oodua we want a United States Of Southern Nigeria.

I have read most comment, especially from the biafra people wanting SS to be part of the Biafra struggle but in reality, it would not work.

If the southern states are divided into biafra and Oodua the north can still easy conquer the two state, one at a time. We in the SS know this and we are very careful not to be at the losing side.

But if collectively we are all united, we have a better fighting and winning chance.

Most of the comment i do read is just people say things without thinking it through and strategizing.

Give the SS or ND people a better proposal and see if Nigeria would not end within a short period. Don't get me wrong, we can not do it along and we can not do it sectionally. We need the collective unity of southern Nigeria with strategic cooperation from the north especially the midbelt and Nigeria would be a done deal...

There are certain things i can not say here, but we need a covert system to share ideas and information

I am igbo and I say u made sense. This has been my position. North has upper hand in war than any of the major tribes. To win North, Southern Nigeria and Middle belt must unite. There can be strategic partnership among the southern major tribes that will ensure none of the tribes dominate the other.

Like I always say, no one has been able to come up with a strategic plan. As usual, we blacks lack strategy.. Everything no be gragra
Re: Edwin Clark: Using Southern Oil Money For Exploration In The North Is Fraudulent by Nobody: 8:15am On Aug 17, 2021
proeast:

I just hope people with such timid and coward mindset are in the minority in your zone or else it is finished for you guys. How you wrote this self deprecating and cowardly drivel with confidence is what baffles me more.

If your almighty Northern Nigeria was formidable, why did it have to rely on foreign powers to fight a Biafra that was blockaded and had no weapons yet the Nigerian side lost more combatants at the war front than Biafra did. Nigeria had to resort to bombing soft targets like schools, hospitals, markets and homes to get even! Why not pick history books about the civil war and read, black man?!

Right now, the Tigray region of Ethiopia that is actually a minority in that country just like Tiv, Ijaw or Ibibio are in Nigeria are currently pummeling Ethiopian federal army, with thousands of Ethiopian soldiers already held hostage by the Tigrayans!!

If the Tigrayans have your type of timid and cowardly mindset, they won't even imagine going into war against Ethiopia when they're just a minority. It is your type of mindset that will ensure you guys remain in slavery till thy kingdom come.

FYI, Yorubas and Igbos were tactically included through Dahomey and Anambra basins respectively, so it is the Niger Delta that are 100% losers here!

You're still fixated with Biafra and Oduduwa wanting you to be with them whether real or imagined yet you can't fight for yourself and worse still don't even believe in yourself while elevating your enemy as indomitable.

What a shame, tufiakwa!!!

meccuno:

Re: Edwin Clark: Using Southern Oil Money For Exploration In The North Is Fraudulent by kamalbob(m): 8:16am On Aug 17, 2021
TownJ:

https://punchng.com/pandef-fumes-north-to-get-30-oil-profit-share-as-buhari-assents-to-pib/

Well, whites used our groundnut money to fund the exploration of the so-called South oil back then as well. Do you think we don't know what happened? What did you contributed for Nigeria's existence for 44 years before oil? Yeah Nigeria was amalgamated in 1914, and they used our money to develop your region. Why did you kept your mouth shut then when we carried you on our back? Why people like Edwin like to talk shit like this but they don't want to extend their nonsense utterances beyond 1958? Yes, 1958 was the year oil discovered in commercial quantity in the South-South. And it was the year that people like Edwin got mouth to talk about impartiality about their oil being shared among all Nigerians. They quickly erased anything beyond 1958 in order to have full royalty of what white people used our (northern money) to built it. So Mr Edwin, you are still enjoying Northern privileges and that will never go away. That's also the reason why the Britain handed power to North after independence because they know you didn't worth it. Its our blood and sweat but we don't want to talk about it because we are GENEROUS!
Re: Edwin Clark: Using Southern Oil Money For Exploration In The North Is Fraudulent by Nobody: 8:17am On Aug 17, 2021
InvertedHammer:

/
Biafra cannot have your oil.
It is already under the firm control of the North.
The most you can get is environmental degradation on the bad side and security jobs to secure their loots on the good side.

You are scared of Biafra but you are not faring any better under Nigeria. grin I read submission from the people of ND for the entertainment it is.

/

meccuno:

Re: Edwin Clark: Using Southern Oil Money For Exploration In The North Is Fraudulent by skybeauty(f): 8:17am On Aug 17, 2021
InvertedHammer:

/
Biafra cannot have your oil.
It is already under the firm control of the North.
The most you can get is environmental degradation on the bad side and security jobs to secure their loots on the good side.

You are scared of Biafra but you are not faring any better under Nigeria. grin I read submission from the people of ND for the entertainment it is.

/

What the guy is yarning is not actually different from the proposal Nnamdi Kanu is offering them. A Biafra where we have all Ethnic Nationalities being independent, manage their resources and contribute their own quota for the Development of all the confederating units. In this arrangement, the constitution will be drafted in a way that we have a weak Central Government and strong component units comprising of all the ethnic Nationalities that make up the State of Biafra. Meanwhile on the other hand we will have an Oduduwa Republic in the West and with the current relationship between Biafra and Oduduwa, there may be no much difference if Biafra and Ododuwa are one country. But they have rejected Nnamdi Kanu’s proposal. I am waiting to see what arrangement the Caliphate has for them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edwin Clark: Using Southern Oil Money For Exploration In The North Is Fraudulent by DonMekino(m): 8:18am On Aug 17, 2021
obehi247:

Please elaborate on north conquering them...or is it just lies you keep telling yourselves and believing it just to support the slavish stupidity.

1 Like

Re: Edwin Clark: Using Southern Oil Money For Exploration In The North Is Fraudulent by malel1: 8:21am On Aug 17, 2021
obehi247:

This guy u are talking trash , u earlier post says the north will conquer biafra or oduduwa if they are separate countries, meaning they will have there own armies .
And am telling u it's not possible.
Re: Edwin Clark: Using Southern Oil Money For Exploration In The North Is Fraudulent by yahmohy27: 8:24am On Aug 17, 2021
onumadu:
Crimea river.
Trying to be relevant which money was used for ND exploration?
Rubbish talk
Re: Edwin Clark: Using Southern Oil Money For Exploration In The North Is Fraudulent by yahmohy27: 8:28am On Aug 17, 2021
yarimo:
Mr clark shaatap nothing like southern money in nigeria. Everything belongs to nigeria and nigerians
Don't mind him , he's just trying to be relevant again after being blames and abuse by the ipob some weeks back
Re: Edwin Clark: Using Southern Oil Money For Exploration In The North Is Fraudulent by meccuno: 8:35am On Aug 17, 2021
[s]
obehi247:

[/s] another trash.

2 Likes

Re: Edwin Clark: Using Southern Oil Money For Exploration In The North Is Fraudulent by egoldman(m): 8:39am On Aug 17, 2021
yarimo:
Mr clark shaatap nothing like southern money in nigeria. Everything belongs to nigeria and nigerians

Excluding the gold in Zamfara right?
Re: Edwin Clark: Using Southern Oil Money For Exploration In The North Is Fraudulent by proeast(m): 9:37am On Aug 17, 2021
obehi247:

You're obviously not just a semi iliterate, but also lacking in natural wisdom.

You're against IPOB that is trying to unite SE and SS while extending an olive branch to SW all in an effort to confront the North, yet at the same time asking for southern unity. What sort of confusion and foolishness is that? Some of you minorities find it fashionable to condemn IPOB and antagonize Igbos while giving the North the impression that you're with them. Yet they keep abusing and exploiting you guys. At least, Igbos have movements that are actively working to break up Nigeria, where are the movements from your own region fighting for your own rights? Your militants are nothing but a band of selfish men seeking to enrich their own pockets and that's why individuals like Tompolo or Asari will go to sleep each time they're giving some Ghana-must-go bags of money or some ridiculous pipeline protection contract.

Even if you don't like Igbos or don't want to share an independent country with them (I also personally want an only Igbo nation), the wise thing to do is it not to align with them, get what you want and be on your own? Smart people all over the world are known to unite with those they're not even friends with if it will help them to conquer a common enemy.

Look around you today in Niger Delta, does that region appear like one of the world's major oil regions? The ND has pumping out crude oil in excess of 2 million barrels per day for decades now yet all around you is poverty, decay, pollution and hopelessness! You watch helplessly as the proceeds of what is gotten from your backyard is taken away to benefit others in the North and even foreigners in Niger rep while you're stuck in terrible conditions.

FYI, Niger Delta people are the biggest losers in this "one Nigeria" but you guys don't even know it but I will explain to you. The glass ceiling placed on Igbos are also placed on you guys! However, while Yorubas are gaining from Nigeria through Lagos, Igbos are also gaining from Nigeria by having our people in every nook and cranny providing goods and services, and the bulk of the proceeds remmitted to our region. It has also helped us to have the highest concentration of middle class to rich people in Nigeria. But can you tell me exactly what you Niger Deltans are gaining from Nigeria? 87% of your wealth is taken away while you're given a miserable 13%! Now, they've taken another 30% while given you 3%! As if that wasn't enough insult, they also smuggled Kano and Kaduna to be part of oil producing states even when they don't produce a drop of oil shocked shocked Noe juju be that cheesy cheesy

In your myopic reasoning, you all assumed that Igbos are the ones suffering most in Nigeria because we are the ones challenging the status quo. However, that's fallacy! Igbos are not happy because they know that things can and should be better than what we have in Nigeria.

You condemn Igbos and condemn IPOB for using the wrong strategy, yet you don't even have a single movement working to save your asses talk more of having a strategy.

I bet you, you guys have 600 years of sufferness to pass through if you continue like this.

5 Likes

Re: Edwin Clark: Using Southern Oil Money For Exploration In The North Is Fraudulent by sameks08(m): 9:41am On Aug 17, 2021
your eyes never open it will soon open
Re: Edwin Clark: Using Southern Oil Money For Exploration In The North Is Fraudulent by donprinyo(m): 10:06am On Aug 17, 2021
You made enemy with the igbos. Now let's see who will save you
Re: Edwin Clark: Using Southern Oil Money For Exploration In The North Is Fraudulent by gbengu(m): 10:29am On Aug 17, 2021
Great sense!

Until anything called Southern Nigeria unite, no progress or leaving this confined space.

Until the intellectual youths from the whole Southern Nigeria call out the British government and the Queen of England against supporting the evils they created in west Africa term NIGERIA just because of their economic gain, looting and selfish interest, we might not have future.

Tell me any country where FULANIS and the likes of these Northerners in Nigeria are controlling government affairs and are making progress. Just name one.

Britain were unhappy prior to 1960 when the intellectual Southerners took the heat, war and clamour for self independence to them.

The records are their. I trust the SW and SE or the entire SOUTH if they get liberated today from the Neo-British slavery runned under Hausa/Fulani caliphate called NIGERIA to become the next UAE or flourishing country in Africa.

Until the South unites and fight their stooges, puppets or mannequin leaders in the South controlled by the VAMPIRES in the North, nothing. Nothing good will come out of one Nigeria.

Britain and corruption is what is still keeping NIGERIA as one.

obehi247:

Re: Edwin Clark: Using Southern Oil Money For Exploration In The North Is Fraudulent by Ariani: 10:32am On Aug 17, 2021
proeast:

You're obviously not just a semi iliterate, but also lacking in natural wisdom.

You're against IPOB that is trying to unite SE and SS while extending an olive branch to SW all in an effort to confront the North, yet at the same time asking for southern unity. What sort of confusion and foolishness is that? Some of you minorities find it fashionable to condemn IPOB and antagonize Igbos while giving the North the impression that you're with them. Yet they keep abusing and exploiting you guys. At least, Igbos have movements that are actively working to break up Nigeria, where are the movements from your own region fighting for your own rights? Your militants are nothing but a band of selfish men seeking to enrich their own pockets and that's why individuals like Tompolo or Asari will go to sleep each time they're giving some Ghana-must-go bags of money or some ridiculous pipeline protection contract.

Even if you don't like Igbos or don't want to share an independent country with them (I also personally want an only Igbo nation), the wise thing to do is it not to align with them, get what you want and be on your own? Smart people all over the world are known to unite with those they're not even friends with if it will help them to conquer a common enemy.

Look around you today in Niger Delta, does that region appear like one of the world's major oil regions? The ND has pumping out crude oil in excess of 2 million barrels per day for decades now yet all around you is poverty, decay, pollution and hopelessness! You watch helplessly as the proceeds of what is gotten from your backyard is taken away to benefit others in the North and even foreigners in Niger rep while you're stuck in terrible conditions.

FYI, Niger Delta people are the biggest losers in this "one Nigeria" but you guys don't even know it but I will explain to you. The glass ceiling placed on Igbos are also placed on you guys! However, while Yorubas are gaining from Nigeria through Lagos, Igbos are also gaining from Nigeria by having our people in every nook and cranny providing goods and services, and the bulk of the proceeds remmitted to our region. It has also helped us to have the highest concentration of middle class to rich people in Nigeria. But can you tell me exactly what you Niger Deltans are gaining from Nigeria? 87% of your wealth is taken away while you're given a miserable 13%! Now, they've taken another 30% while given you 3%! As if that wasn't enough insult, they also smuggled Kano and Kaduna to be part of oil producing states even when they don't produce a drop of oil shocked shocked Noe juju be that cheesy cheesy

In your myopic reasoning, you all assumed that Igbos are the ones suffering most in Nigeria because we are the ones challenging the status quo. However, that's fallacy! Igbos are not happy because they know that things can and should be better than what we have in Nigeria.

You condemn Igbos and condemn IPOB for using the wrong strategy, yet you don't even have a single movement working to save your asses talk more of having a strategy.

I bet you, you guys have 600 years of sufferness to pass through if you continue like this.

The guy you are replying is lacking in sense like most of them from those clime.
Their Igbophobia always make them talk without their brains.

The funny lots have not understood that Anambra basin and Dahomey basin are among the beneficiaries of this new PIB and that's the North strategically carrying the two legs of the tripod along grin.

The funny Clarke is calling for southern unity so that his Niger Delta can corner "Awa Oyel" grin. He is a joker.

The only unity that will happen will be Ndiigbo ensuring Anambra basin got enough allocation, while Yorubas ensure Dahomey basin gets enough allocation.

These lots don't seem to understand that the era Ndiigbo played the senseless "Our brother" politics is gone.
Charles Ogbu wrote an article condemning this PIB the other day on his Facebook page, you need to see how many Igbos descended on him, reminding him that it's none of our business, and that even though Abia and Imo will lose a bit, we will gain it all back through Anambra basin.
What happens to the Niger Deltans should be none of the Igbo man concern, if anything we should be using them to blackmail the North into assigning enough allocation to Anambra basin.
We should be like: Assign Enough allocation to Anambra basin or we join Niger Deltans to cry injustice over the PIB. Then we follow it up by joining Clarke and other clowns from those Region to condemn the bill and shout as loud as possible, and once the North feel the heat, they would come to us to negotiate, and on the negotiation table, our demand would be for them to increase our Anambra basin allocation in exchange to us leaving the Niger Deltans to carry their own cross. And once this is met, we leave Clarke and his clowns in the lurch and even ridicule their condemnation of the PIB as act of greediness from them grin, while praising the bill as best for one NIGERIA Unity.
These people never see anything.

It's about time Ndiigbo learn how to start playing ruthless politics in this country. About time we use the miseries of other groups to negotiate for our betterment like they have all done to us.
It's time emotional politics give way for ruthless pragmatic politics geared towards protecting and pursuing Igbo interests, even if it means other non Igbo groups bleed to death. cool
We are a majority and must start acting like one.

Ndiigbo, Taa bu kwa gbo!

5 Likes

Re: Edwin Clark: Using Southern Oil Money For Exploration In The North Is Fraudulent by Ugonna62: 10:54am On Aug 17, 2021
Good Development for Sir Clark and his group of Niger Delta slaves,afterall its better to be slaves to Fulani than to associate with Biafra.so enjoy ur one Nigeria which you sneaked into the villa in the night and promised Buhari in the heat of the unrest in the South East.good morning the leader of the most fantastic slaves in the world.
Re: Edwin Clark: Using Southern Oil Money For Exploration In The North Is Fraudulent by TruthinAction: 11:30am On Aug 17, 2021
Northern leaders are mischievous. They started this plan to exploit us and dominate right from independence. We are just waking up.
Re: Edwin Clark: Using Southern Oil Money For Exploration In The North Is Fraudulent by proeast(m): 11:31am On Aug 17, 2021
Ariani:

The guy you are replying is lacking in sense like most of them from those clime.
Their Igbophobia always make them talk without their brains.

The funny lots have not understood that Anambra basin and Dahomey basin are among the beneficiaries of this new PIB and that's the North strategically carrying the two legs of the tripod along grin.

The funny Clarke is calling for southern unity so that his Niger Delta can corner "Awa Oyel" grin. He is a joker.

The only unity that will happen will be Ndiigbo ensuring Anambra basin got enough allocation, while Yorubas ensure Dahomey basin gets enough allocation.

These lots don't seem to understand that the era Ndiigbo played the senseless "Our brother" politics is gone.
Charles Ogbu wrote an article condemning this PIB the other day on his Facebook page, you need to see how many Igbos descended on him, reminding him that it's none of our business, and that even though Abia and Imo will lose a bit, we will gain it all back through Anambra basin.
What happens to the Niger Deltans should be none of the Igbo man concern, if anything we should be using them to blackmail the North into assigning enough allocation to Anambra basin.
We should be like: Assign Enough allocation to Anambra basin or we join Niger Deltans to cry injustice over the PIB. Then we follow it up by joining Clarke and other clowns from those Region to condemn the bill and shout as loud as possible, and once the North feel the heat, they would come to us to negotiate, and on the negotiation table, our demand would be for them to increase our Anambra basin allocation in exchange to us leaving the Niger Deltans to carry their own cross. And once this is met, we leave Clarke and his clowns in the lurch and even ridicule their condemnation of the PIB as act of greediness from them grin, while praising the bill as best for one NIGERIA Unity.
These people never see anything.

It's about time Ndiigbo learn how to start playing ruthless politics in this country. About time we use the miseries of other groups to negotiate for our betterment like they have all done to us.
It's time emotional politics give way for ruthless pragmatic politics geared towards protecting and pursuing Igbo interests, even if it means other non Igbo groups bleed to death. cool
We are a majority and must start acting like one.

Ndiigbo, Taa bu kwa gbo!

Honestly, we have played enough big brother role to an undeserving group. The pattern of wicked politics you outlined is what they've been playing since against Igbos right from independence! How and why they see Igbos as their adversary whom they must should be at loggerheads with is what baffles me.

They see us challenging the status quo in Nigeria and feel it's because Igbos are suffering while they have it better. If they are reasonable enough, they would know that Niger Delta people are the ones suffering the most under "one Nigeria". They've been losing a lot without gaining anything in return!

To me, if not for the threats of islamization/fulanization and the killings it is causing as well as how it is regarding our collective growth, I would have preferred that Nigeria remains together! At least, we will be free to have access to a market of 200 million people and leveraging our comparative advantage, most of the proceeds will still be sent to our region!

The same old man without sense called Clark was recently attacking IPOB for no good reason. They always find it fashionable in using anti Igbo rhetorics to measure up and show the North how loyal they are. Now same unreasonable Clark is calling for Southern solidarity but he forgot that Igbos and Yorubas were actually carried along through Dahomey and Anambra basins. These people will cry blood someday, their future generations will curse on their graves in anguish. Aside Akwa Ibom that is seeing some development, the rest are stagnated at best or even retrogressing! P.H and Warri today are not significantly better today than years ago! It used to be Lagos, P.H, and Warri in terms of economic development but today it is now Lagos, Abuja, Kano, Kaduna etc while only oil exploration/exploitation activities that makes P.H to be heard.

In the coming years, they will look back at how Nigeria used and abused them, and cry bitterly but it would be too late then.

5 Likes

Re: Edwin Clark: Using Southern Oil Money For Exploration In The North Is Fraudulent by velocity25(m): 11:43am On Aug 17, 2021
Please he should not cry, let us enjoy one Nigeria.
Pa Clark good morning cheesy cheesy
Re: Edwin Clark: Using Southern Oil Money For Exploration In The North Is Fraudulent by kunkelhanspeter(m): 11:48am On Aug 17, 2021
The only problem of the Niger delta are they Igbos
Re: Edwin Clark: Using Southern Oil Money For Exploration In The North Is Fraudulent by skywalker240(m): 11:48am On Aug 17, 2021
Useless old foolish theif

Re: Edwin Clark: Using Southern Oil Money For Exploration In The North Is Fraudulent by Yusman316(m): 12:06pm On Aug 17, 2021
These are the kind of statements that polarizes the country, yet the same people making them will blame the president for dividing the country. Money made from oil exploration belongs to the Federal republic of Nigeria. So which one is Niger Delta money?
Re: Edwin Clark: Using Southern Oil Money For Exploration In The North Is Fraudulent by Ariani: 12:33pm On Aug 17, 2021
proeast:

Honestly, we have played enough big brother role to an undeserving group. The pattern of wicked politics you outlined is what they've been playing since against Igbos right from independence! How and why they see Igbos as their adversary whom they must should be at loggerheads with is what baffles me.

They see us challenging the status quo in Nigeria and feel it's because Igbos are suffering while they have it better. If they are reasonable enough, they would know that Niger Delta people are the ones suffering the most under "one Nigeria". They've been losing a lot without gaining anything in return!

To me, if not for the threats of islamization/fulanization and the killings it is causing as well as how it is regarding our collective growth, I would have preferred that Nigeria remains together! At least, we will be free to have access to a market of 200 million people and leveraging our comparative advantage, most of the proceeds will still be sent to our region!

The same old man without sense called Clark was recently attacking IPOB for no good reason. They always find it fashionable in using anti Igbo rhetorics to measure up and show the North how loyal they are. Now same unreasonable Clark is calling for Southern solidarity but he forgot that Igbos and Yorubas were actually carried along through Dahomey and Anambra basins. These people will cry blood someday, their future generations will curse on their graves in anguish. Aside Akwa Ibom that is seeing some development, the rest are stagnated at best or even retrogressing! P.H and Warri today are not significantly better today than years ago! It used to be Lagos, P.H, and Warri in terms of economic development but today it is now Lagos, Abuja, Kano, Kaduna etc while only oil exploration/exploitation activities that makes P.H to be heard.

In the coming years, they will look back at how Nigeria used and abused them, and cry bitterly but it would be too late then.

I don't think the progress, marginalization or lack of it , about minorities should be part of Igbo problem or discussions.
All we should care about is how to get the est we can from Nigeria irrespective of who is getting burnt for us to get it.

I personally think NIGERIA has been magnanimous to Southern minorities. 13% derivation, scholarship programs, NDDC projects, etc.

Clark asking for southern solidarity so that minorities can corner "Away Oyel" to themselves is funny and ridiculous. He of all people should know that such a thing as Southern Solidarity doesn't exist.
He should fight for his Niger Delta interests and let others be.

If the 13% derivation is being debated today, I'm sure 90% of Igbos would back the North and squash it, and it would not be because we hate Niger Delta, but because we have learnt from the past and also have our own interests to protect . Having more allocation to our non oil producing states ranks higher for us than whatever Niger Deltans are fighting for.

We should learn to play interest based politics more. It would serve us better than sentimental ones.

SE has only Imo and Abia as oil producing states both of who have been rendered almost non oil producing by wicked boundary adjustment program in 1975 that ceded the oil producing Igbo communities at the boundary between Abia/Imo to Rivers State. And guess who pushed for these oil producing lands to be ceded to Rivers State? Minorities!
Looking at the Dynamics, the current PIB would serve SE better as a zone if we can use the threat of supporting Niger Deltans against the PIB, to get the North to assign enough funds for the Anambra basin.
Additionally, the pipelines pass through all SE states and we have 5 States. Putting two and two together, other than senseless sentiment driven politics, there is no reason whatsoever why an Igbo should be against current PIB bill, it is actually to our favor.

Clarke is on his own and should count us out of his useless Southern Nigeria mantra cool . We feel sorry for his problems. But we have our own needs , problems and interests which is more important to us than his.

3 Likes

Re: Edwin Clark: Using Southern Oil Money For Exploration In The North Is Fraudulent by Felimax(m): 12:55pm On Aug 17, 2021
I don't care to know what idealogies abound about the PIB but i dare to say every tribe that makes up the southern region are people galvanized with foolish mentality. By this devilish bill, we have have sold our birth right to the worst of the devil's advocate.
What is happening in Afghanistan should give a better view of what the average muslim is made up off. Better i was not born a Nigerian, my kids will grow tough and bigger skin above, far above the mediocrity of the Southern people, and Nigeria at large. Cursed country. Ex president Jonathan failure gave birth to the miscreants will have in power today. Regrets!!!
Re: Edwin Clark: Using Southern Oil Money For Exploration In The North Is Fraudulent by obama30: 1:45pm On Aug 17, 2021
TownJ:

https://punchng.com/pandef-fumes-north-to-get-30-oil-profit-share-as-buhari-assents-to-pib/

My advise to Naija deltan's and Ikwere people is that they must try all possible means to deny making peace with Igbo's or deny being part of Biafra or have anything to do with Igbo's so that Igbo's should not have access to their oil or control their resources. As money generated from the oil will be use in developing Igbo land even though Igbo land is in the same old south east with Niger Delta or as we northerner see the Niger Deltans as Igbo's.

They should be royal to us as the same way Saro-wiwa was, so that at end they should eats from the same table with us the Norths or eats our leftover which still better than fresh food they can generates by them self if they unite with Igbo's.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Abubakar Sani Bello Receives Report Of Zoning / Blinken's Phone Call With Tinubu: US Will Strengthen Partnership With Nigeria / #900 Per Kg; How Much Is Cooking Gas In Your Location

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 168
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.