Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:08 AM

Nigerian Army Pardons New Batch Of Over 200 Boko Haram Fighters, Families - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Army Pardons New Batch Of Over 200 Boko Haram Fighters, Families (1237 Views)

ISWAP Kills 200 Boko Haram Terrorists, Families In Clash / 91 Boko Haram Fighters, Families Surrender - Army / ’48 Boko Haram Fighters Killed, 3 Arrested’ As Soldiers Repel Xmas Eve Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Army Pardons New Batch Of Over 200 Boko Haram Fighters, Families by Omooba77: 9:44pm On Aug 16, 2021
Nigerian Army Pardons New Batch Of Over 200 Boko Haram Fighters, Families
The army high command noted that a total of 186 Boko Haram terrorists surrendered on Saturday led by their Amir, Manye Aga, to troops of Operation Hadin Kai at the Forward Operational Base (FOB) in Ajiri.

BY SAHARAREPORTERS, NEW YORKAUG 16, 2021

The Nigerian Army has stated that it received a fresh batch of over 200 repentant Boko Haram fighters and their family members in clearance operations in Saturday and Sunday in Borno State.

The army high command noted that a total of 186 Boko Haram terrorists surrendered on Saturday led by their Amir, Manye Aga, to troops of Operation Hadin Kai at the Forward Operational Base (FOB) in Ajiri.

Meanwhile, on Sunday, the military received 33 additional Boko Haram fighters from Landanli, Azah, Ngaridua and Kondilla villages, who surrendered to own troops of 151 Task Force Battalion, Banki Junction in Bama.

The Director, Army Public Relations, Brig Gen Onyema Nwachukwu, stated these in a release on Monday, obtained by SaharaReporters, despite the outcries and widespread condemnation that had greeted the exercise.

Many Nigerians have called for the due prosecution of the former fighters instead of a blanket pardon and rehabilitation with tax payers’ money.

The army spokesman in a release said, “Following the recent unprecedented and massive surrendering of Boko Haram Terrorists in Bama Operational area between August 2 and 4, there has been confusion and severe apprehension in the camps of the Islamic State of West Africa Province especially amongst its top ranking commanders over the depleting strength of its members, which has drastically dwindled their overall fighting efficiency.

“It is against this back drop that the terrorists group opted for the use of propaganda via AMAQ Terrorists Media Wing with the aim to portray the group as if it is still a potent force in the North East.

“The current trend of apprehension in their camps was further aggravated by the recent alarming turn out of members of the terrorists group, who came out in droves with their families to lay down their arms and surrender to own troops at Mafa Local Government Area on 14 August, 2021.

“A total of 186 Boko Haram Terrorists members led by their Amir, Manye Aga, comprising 67 adult males, 54 adult females and 65 children surrendered to troops of Operation HADIN KAI at Forward Operational Base (FOB) Ajiri. Items recovered from the surrendered terrorists include, several AK 47 rifles and magazines, a locally made pistol and 8 locally fabricated daggers.

“Similarly, on 15 August, 2021, the Theatre took custody of additional Boko Haram fighters, comprising of 4 adult males, 11 adult females and 18 children from Landanli, Azah, Ngaridua and Kondilla villages, who surrendered to own troops of 151 Task Force Battalion, Banki Junction in Bama.

“ISWAP is yet to come to terms with the reality of its current predicament, which has posed serious negative impact on its prowess.

“It is also worthy of note that the terrorists are overwhelmed with palpable fear and are making desperate efforts to halt the ongoing surrendering of their fighters from the Tumbus and Sambisa axis.

“The Nigerian Military is more resolute in intensifying both kinetic and non-kinetic efforts in the fight against insurgency, banditry and sundry crimes in the country.”

http://saharareporters.com/2021/08/16/nigerian-army-pardons-new-batch-over-200-boko-haram-fighters-families
Re: Nigerian Army Pardons New Batch Of Over 200 Boko Haram Fighters, Families by Omooba77: 9:59pm On Aug 16, 2021
Insult to the families of those killed, maimed and wounded by boko haram.
Re: Nigerian Army Pardons New Batch Of Over 200 Boko Haram Fighters, Families by CodeTemplar: 10:13pm On Aug 16, 2021
But cannot pardon southerners. I thought previous pardon was by presidency and governors for criminals.
Re: Nigerian Army Pardons New Batch Of Over 200 Boko Haram Fighters, Families by sapientia(m): 10:19pm On Aug 16, 2021
Pardon up and down

All the people pardoning them have not been to the war front

Neither have their loved ones been killed

Lol

New Batch

So which Batch in Nigeria Army recruitment will they be part of?
Re: Nigerian Army Pardons New Batch Of Over 200 Boko Haram Fighters, Families by chatinent: 11:00pm On Aug 16, 2021
My Lord, if I may, may I?

My Lord, permit me ask my learned colleagues questions provoking interests.

May I , my Lord?

If I may, may I?

First, how do these people surrender?

Why isn't anyone asking this question?

Do they surrender to the angry frontal soldiers? I'm not sure cos those soldiers who saw their loved ones and regulars die wouldn't bargain a bullet out.

Does it mean they call the big men and discuss a bargain? Wait a second, they have their numbers? Wait another second, does it mean they are connected?

I'll pause here so my learned colleagues below can, with absolute qrandiloquence, demonstrate their degree of heededness to the above assertion.

Re: Nigerian Army Pardons New Batch Of Over 200 Boko Haram Fighters, Families by Omooba77: 11:10pm On Aug 16, 2021
sapientia:
Pardon up and down

All the people pardoning them have not been to the war front

Neither have their loved ones been killed

Lol

New Batch

So which Batch in Nigeria Army recruitment will they be part of?

Batch C of pardoned BH. Lalasticlala.
Re: Nigerian Army Pardons New Batch Of Over 200 Boko Haram Fighters, Families by Lifestone(m): 3:40am On Aug 17, 2021
I think there is mischief here. The report said the BH surrendered, I didn't see pardon.
Re: Nigerian Army Pardons New Batch Of Over 200 Boko Haram Fighters, Families by Akwaibomdude(m): 3:43am On Aug 17, 2021
This is one of the reasons the 'one nigeria' project can't work.
Re: Nigerian Army Pardons New Batch Of Over 200 Boko Haram Fighters, Families by vanunu: 3:48am On Aug 17, 2021
CodeTemplar:
But cannot pardon southerners. I thought previous pardon was by presidency and governors for criminals.

The army has no right to pardon a terrorist.
Re: Nigerian Army Pardons New Batch Of Over 200 Boko Haram Fighters, Families by Racoon(m): 4:14am On Aug 17, 2021
Let the silly army continue.This is how the so called pardon repentant Taliban radical Islamic terrorists helped their brethren to overrun their country this last Sunday.I am so ashame this is the army my dad served.

Re: Nigerian Army Pardons New Batch Of Over 200 Boko Haram Fighters, Families by vedaxcool(m): 4:44am On Aug 17, 2021
Let's remember that criminals in power shared $2 billion meant to equip the Nigeria military. The same criminals hired SA mercenaries and rendered our military useless and demotivated.

They would have successfully made Nigeria become another Afghanistan were BH ruled.

Today we have have a reverse of the evil of Poverty Development Party. BH now surrenders to the Nigeria Army and are increasingly become desperate.

God bless Nigeria's Military, keep pounding them till their end.

God bless PMB, PYO BAT and all patriots that prevented Nigeria for becoming another Afghanistan by kicking out unbridled corrupt PDP regime from Nigeria.

Re: Nigerian Army Pardons New Batch Of Over 200 Boko Haram Fighters, Families by englishmart(m): 4:55am On Aug 17, 2021
terrorists are sinister, devious, and unabatedly evil. it's up to God to forgive them. your job is simply to send them to him. the north are treating boko haram far better than they treat the military. why wont they multiply when they know they don't get shot at even in battle, when they know all they need to do is to fake-surrender to get re-integrated and given their gratuity for job well done.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Pardons New Batch Of Over 200 Boko Haram Fighters, Families by effty(m): 7:13am On Aug 17, 2021
Preparations for 2023. SirBunky 85 and his wretched family will be among the next batch to surrender.
Re: Nigerian Army Pardons New Batch Of Over 200 Boko Haram Fighters, Families by Omooba77: 7:56am On Aug 17, 2021
vedaxcool:
Let's remember that criminals in power shared $2 billion meant to equip the Nigeria military. The same criminals hired SA mercenaries and rendered our military useless and demotivated.

They would have successfully made Nigeria become another Afghanistan were BH ruled.

Today we have have a reverse of the evil of Poverty Development Party. BH now surrenders to the Nigeria Army and are increasingly become desperate.

God bless Nigeria's Military, keep pounding them till their end.

God bless PMB, PYO BAT and all patriots that prevented Nigeria for becoming another Afghanistan by kicking out unbridled corrupt PDP regime from Nigeria.

You are always off point. If you they have killed or kidnapped your family member or you are a soldier or family who has been wounded and no treatment, but BH are treated as kings with amnesty. There is a time to stop thinking in party line are be human for once.
Re: Nigerian Army Pardons New Batch Of Over 200 Boko Haram Fighters, Families by vedaxcool(m): 8:07am On Aug 17, 2021
[s]
Omooba77:

You are always off point. If you they have killed or kidnapped your family member or you are a soldier or family who has been wounded and no treatment, but BH are treated as kings with amnesty. There is a time to stop thinking in party line are be human for once.
[/s]

If you don't like my post you can as well kill yourself since reminding you of the filthy lucre and misdeeds that brought our nation near the precipice by your party that empowers you to make noise on the Internet seems to ache you.

Or the over 20,000 Nigerians who died because your party under GEJ empowered BH to become monster? Or the 20,000 Nigerians do not fall into your human classification?

The many soldiers who perish due to poor weapons under the demons that send you out for propaganda means nothing to you?

or the fact that you supported a home sponsored foreign agent P&ID to further destroy your country and collect money for a deal they have no intention of implementing makes you what?

We know you have no value for any Nigerian life, you opened this thread to whip up bigotry and hate by misrepresenting every action of Government then shed crocodile tears when you wickedness is called out. The Demonic party you supported almost plunged this country into a dreadful winter with no ending in sight. God put you and them to shame.

YAOUNDE - Cameroon's military says some 400 Nigerian soldiers have sought refuge in the country after fleeing intense fighting against Boko Haram militants in Nigeria's Borno State.

Cameroon state radio reports that on Wednesday the soldiers arrived at the Cameroonian border town of Amchide, where they handed their weapons to military officials.

Cameroon military spokesman Colonel Didier Badjeck told VOA the military accepted the soldiers as a sign of its commitment to fight the militant alongside Nigerian forces.

Speaking in French, Badjeck described challenging situations in war that cause troops to flee, and that Cameroon has demonstrated that it is a nation that assumes its responsibility to those in harm's way.

https://www.voanews.com/africa/report-nigerian-troops-flee-cameroon

Re: Nigerian Army Pardons New Batch Of Over 200 Boko Haram Fighters, Families by immortal2: 8:09am On Aug 17, 2021
Terrorists does not fight Terrorist. They practice the same faith.
Re: Nigerian Army Pardons New Batch Of Over 200 Boko Haram Fighters, Families by Adisa89(m): 8:12am On Aug 17, 2021
You pardon terrorists who have killed and raped innocent people in the name of Allah but want Igbogho crucified because he's fighting for his own people. Have you seen how wicked and hopeless Fulani Muslims are?
Re: Nigerian Army Pardons New Batch Of Over 200 Boko Haram Fighters, Families by Nobody: 8:13am On Aug 17, 2021
Afghanistan republic of Nigeria

Re: Nigerian Army Pardons New Batch Of Over 200 Boko Haram Fighters, Families by Omooba77: 12:36pm On Aug 17, 2021
vedaxcool:
[s][/s]

If you don't like my post you can as well kill yourself since reminding you of the filthy lucre and misdeeds that brought our nation near the precipice by your party that empowers you to make noise on the Internet seems to ache you.

Or the over 20,000 Nigerians who died because your party under GEJ empowered BH to become monster? Or the 20,000 Nigerians do not fall into your human classification?

The many soldiers who perish due to poor weapons under the demons that send you out for propaganda means nothing to you?

or the fact that you supported a home sponsored foreign agent P&ID to further destroy your country and collect money for a deal they have no intention of implementing makes you what?

We know you have no value for any Nigerian life, you opened this thread to whip up bigotry and hate by misrepresenting every action of Government then shed crocodile tears when you wickedness is called out. The Demonic party you supported almost plunged this country into a dreadful winter with no ending in sight. God put you and them to shame.

YAOUNDE - Cameroon's military says some 400 Nigerian soldiers have sought refuge in the country after fleeing intense fighting against Boko Haram militants in Nigeria's Borno State.

Cameroon state radio reports that on Wednesday the soldiers arrived at the Cameroonian border town of Amchide, where they handed their weapons to military officials.

Cameroon military spokesman Colonel Didier Badjeck told VOA the military accepted the soldiers as a sign of its commitment to fight the militant alongside Nigerian forces.

Speaking in French, Badjeck described challenging situations in war that cause troops to flee, and that Cameroon has demonstrated that it is a nation that assumes its responsibility to those in harm's way.

https://www.voanews.com/africa/report-nigerian-troops-flee-cameroon

Alagba, you are old enough to be REASONABLE!
Cc
Mynd44
Re: Nigerian Army Pardons New Batch Of Over 200 Boko Haram Fighters, Families by FarahAideed: 12:38pm On Aug 17, 2021
Let's be factual ..does the army have the power to pardon anybody in Nigeria? I doubt they have this power ....even the president can only pardon people after they have been found guilty by a competent court and not before e
Re: Nigerian Army Pardons New Batch Of Over 200 Boko Haram Fighters, Families by AntiBeEmCe(m): 1:18pm On Aug 17, 2021
No surprise there. The terr0rists are the same with the army officers. Southerners should simply prepare for the worst.
Re: Nigerian Army Pardons New Batch Of Over 200 Boko Haram Fighters, Families by ivolt: 1:19pm On Aug 17, 2021
Fake news.
The army has no power to pardon or prosecute any suspect.
Hold Malami responsible.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Pardons New Batch Of Over 200 Boko Haram Fighters, Families by salvation: 1:59pm On Aug 17, 2021
chatinent:

May I , my Lord?

If I may, may I?

Do they surrender to the angry frontal soldiers? I'm not sure cos those soldiers who saw their loved ones and regulars die wouldn't bargain a bullet out.

Does it mean they call the big men and discuss a bargain? Wait a second, they have their numbers? Wait another second, does it mean they are connected?

I'll pause here so my learned colleagues below can, with absolute qrandiloquence, demonstrate their degree of heededness to the above assertion.
They are all doing great job for their grand commander who is in Aso rock, don't forget that they are all connected and the reason for surrendering is because of the forthcoming election where they can be rejig in the army and some will be use as thugs.
Re: Nigerian Army Pardons New Batch Of Over 200 Boko Haram Fighters, Families by salvation: 2:00pm On Aug 17, 2021
chatinent:

May I , my Lord?

If I may, may I?

I'll pause here so my learned colleagues below can, with absolute qrandiloquence, demonstrate their degree of heededness to the above assertion..
They are all doing great job for their grand commander who is in Aso rock, don't forget that they are all connected and the reason for surrendering is because of the forthcoming election where they can be rejig in the army and some will be use as thugs.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army Pardons New Batch Of Over 200 Boko Haram Fighters, Families by Omooba77: 3:07pm On Aug 17, 2021
FarahAideed:
Let's be factual ..does the army have the power to pardon anybody in Nigeria? I doubt they have this power ....even the president can only pardon people after they have been found guilty by a competent court and not before e

Anything can happen. I heard a General speaking in Borno few weeka ago through an interpreter that anyone that surrendered will be pardoned.
Re: Nigerian Army Pardons New Batch Of Over 200 Boko Haram Fighters, Families by Omooba77: 9:25pm On Aug 17, 2021
No....
Re: Nigerian Army Pardons New Batch Of Over 200 Boko Haram Fighters, Families by Maxymilliano(m): 4:05am On Aug 18, 2021
But what part of the constitution empoweres the Nigeria Army to grant pardons and amnesty to terrorist groups ?
Re: Nigerian Army Pardons New Batch Of Over 200 Boko Haram Fighters, Families by Omooba77: 8:17am On Aug 18, 2021
Maxymilliano:
But what part of the constitution empoweres the Nigeria Army to grant pardons and amnesty to terrorist groups ?

Anything goes country....
Re: Nigerian Army Pardons New Batch Of Over 200 Boko Haram Fighters, Families by orisa37: 8:53am On Aug 18, 2021
We are in a DEMOCRACY. It's not the Ultimate RESPONSIBILITIES of The NIGERIAN SRMY TO CLEAR SURRENDERED BOKOISWA.
Re: Nigerian Army Pardons New Batch Of Over 200 Boko Haram Fighters, Families by immortal2: 9:35am On Aug 18, 2021
Nigerian Army is not different from Taliban.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Exposed: Peter Peter Obi(PPO) Has Many Watches / How Igbos Have Continued To Sustain Nigeria's Unity / 5 Reasons Why No Igbo Should Contest For Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.