Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,216 members, 7,818,730 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

Niger Delta Militant, John Togo, Allegedly Killed And Buried In The Forest - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger Delta Militant, John Togo, Allegedly Killed And Buried In The Forest (13015 Views)

N13 Billion Fraud: Court Orders Immediate Arrest Of Niger Delta Militant Tompolo / Niger Delta Militant Group Blows Up Gas Trunklines In Delta / Salaries Of Niger-delta Militant Warlords Revealed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Niger Delta Militant, John Togo, Allegedly Killed And Buried In The Forest by Bintus2much(m): 12:54am On May 19, 2011
John Togo allegedly buried in forest

LEADER of the Niger Delta Liberation Force, ‘General’ John Togo, suspected to have died of gunshot wounds he sustained in an encounter with the Joint Task Force, JTF, on the Niger Delta, was reportedly buried in the forest by his boys at the outskirt of a riverine community in Bomadi Local Government Area of Delta State.

A source, who maintained that the militant leader was dead contrary to the claim of the NDLF spokesman, ‘Captain’ Mark Anthony, that he was alive and hearty, said, “only the boys who took him to the secret place for burial can identify the location.”

He said most of John Togo’s boys, who also sustained gunshot wounds ran to Efanna, Ezebiri and Ogodobiri communities for treatment but they usually disappear once they hear that the JTF had come to any of the communities.

According to the source “I was told that some of the boys have been arrested by soldiers, so they should interrogate them to know where they buried John Togo. Anybody telling you he is alive is not telling you the truth. I challenge them to bring him out to speak to the world if he is still alive.”

He commended the soldiers, saying, “it was not easy but they were able to cut off the boys with the way they cordoned Ogodobiri, Ezebiri and Efanna. With more hard work, they will get at the truth because I believe some of the boys know where John Togo was buried.”

Following recent reports in the media, JTF said, “the claim of “surrender” by John Togo, the allegation by Ekpein Appah that John Togo is a guest of the Bayelsa state government and the purported death and secret burial of John Togo, are all intricate web of lies engineered by John Togo and his managers to deceive the public, attract sympathy and escape justice”.

”The JTF as a professional military outfit cannot fall victim of this elaborate deception plan, consequently, the JTF warns media and public to be mindful of the new tricks by Togo”, he stated.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/05/john-togo-allegedly-buried-in-forest/
Re: Niger Delta Militant, John Togo, Allegedly Killed And Buried In The Forest by Seun(m): 12:57am On May 19, 2011
For once, a mainstream newspaper is willing to suggest that maybe the government is lying. Kudos!
Re: Niger Delta Militant, John Togo, Allegedly Killed And Buried In The Forest by Bintus2much(m): 12:58am On May 19, 2011
Seun:

For once, a mainstream newspaper is willing to suggest that maybe the government is lying. Kudos!
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Niger Delta Militant, John Togo, Allegedly Killed And Buried In The Forest by Kilode1: 1:24am On May 19, 2011
Adaka Boro killed,

Saro Wiwa killed

Soldiers dashing Soldiers Oil blocks

Odi bombed

Amnesty granted

Soboma Killed

John Togo Killed

Military men involved in Oil bunkering -wikileaks

One day, we go hear the full gist of what is going on in those Niger Delta creeks.  undecided

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-503028.64.html

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-277451.0.html

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-506848.0.html

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-644433.0.html

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-64470.0.html
Re: Niger Delta Militant, John Togo, Allegedly Killed And Buried In The Forest by EzeUche2(m): 1:38am On May 19, 2011
A lot of intrigue is occurring in these creeks. undecided
Re: Niger Delta Militant, John Togo, Allegedly Killed And Buried In The Forest by aljharem3: 1:42am On May 19, 2011
hopefully
Re: Niger Delta Militant, John Togo, Allegedly Killed And Buried In The Forest by jmaine: 2:50am On May 19, 2011
[size=14pt]John Togo wan form Machiavelli . . .we must arrange the criminal  angry angry[/size]
Re: Niger Delta Militant, John Togo, Allegedly Killed And Buried In The Forest by Nobody: 5:57am On May 19, 2011
i thought the millitants have all accept amnesty angry angry
Re: Niger Delta Militant, John Togo, Allegedly Killed And Buried In The Forest by Nobody: 6:07am On May 19, 2011
OBAMA KILLED OSAMA (come throway am for water)
GOODLUCK KILLED POGO OR TOGO(he killed POGO, cme throway am for bush)
WHAT A LIFE? I MEAN WHAT A LUCK
SOON NA TO MAKE HIN WIFE SPEAK BETTER ENGLISH REMAIN(come make am ambassador of language and fun)
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Niger Delta Militant, John Togo, Allegedly Killed And Buried In The Forest by JUO(m): 7:32am On May 19, 2011
SOON NA TO MAKE HIN WIFE SPEAK BETTER ENGLISH REMAIN
is that a joke?
Re: Niger Delta Militant, John Togo, Allegedly Killed And Buried In The Forest by emekaD3(m): 7:47am On May 19, 2011
grin grin grin
lets hope he's really dead
Re: Niger Delta Militant, John Togo, Allegedly Killed And Buried In The Forest by ufumes(m): 7:48am On May 19, 2011
Why wont this militants accept the goverment amnesty deal and be useful to them selves?
Re: Niger Delta Militant, John Togo, Allegedly Killed And Buried In The Forest by mikuz(m): 8:47am On May 19, 2011
Donlittle:

OBAMA KILLED OSAMA
GOODLUCK KILLED POGO OR TOGO
WHAT A LIFE? I MEAN WHAT A LUCK
SOON NA TO MAKE HIN WIFE SPEAK BETTER ENGLISH REMAIN
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
lol.
Re: Niger Delta Militant, John Togo, Allegedly Killed And Buried In The Forest by DaDoctor: 9:13am On May 19, 2011
Can this country ever be clean?
I have stayed in the creeks as a corper and teacher(BAYELSA TO BE SPECIFIC)
If you get there, you will know what we call real suffering, and also see that more hands are into bunkering than the normal eyes can see.
Most of the ogas have vessel too. NAIJA WILL ALWAYS BE NAIJA. QED!!!
Re: Niger Delta Militant, John Togo, Allegedly Killed And Buried In The Forest by Guyman02: 9:16am On May 19, 2011
JTF bombard militant camp inn the Niger Delta from the air, marine and land searching for one militant commander.

Amnesty: 800 killed in the North during post election violence including unarmed NYSC members (No JTF to intervene)
'Unknown' gunmen kill 25 and raze a village in Balewa LGA of Bauchi State (No JTF to capture the assailants)
Several victims killed in Jos crisis (No STF to help rescue them even after a call was made to the commander)

American NAVY donates Vietnam war era warship to Nigeria to patrol the Niger Delta creeks.
John Togo dead/Alive, missing or arrested. Amnesty granted to militants by paying them salaries without doing any work, so that they would allow the expatriates to mine oil and gas without disturbance, no attempt to teach them how the oil is being mined for the past 50 years after independence unlike what Ghadafi did in Libya where Libyans have the ability to mine and refine their oil which has led NATO to bombard Tripoli in the name of 'protecting civilians'. Next the JTF will tell us the bombing is to protect civilians from the militants just like they protected the civilians in Odi and Okerenkoko.

Its all about the oil. Thats why the PIB cannot be passed for the past 8 years now because Shell and Chevron feels its not in their favour. Rather than pass the Petroleum Industry Bill and make the people of the Niger Delta to benefit directly from the natural resources in their land, the Govt will rather bombard whole communities from the air, ground and sea and call press conferences.

BTW, where is GEJ? He is on his way to Ivory Coast to give credence to the inauguration of French puppet Ouattara, he has refused to learn from his stoning in Uganda; perhaps this time they will throw a grenade at him in Cote'divore.

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta Militant, John Togo, Allegedly Killed And Buried In The Forest by dustydee: 9:20am On May 19, 2011
^^ I tire o! what's wrong with the PIB bill that they have refused to pass it?
Re: Niger Delta Militant, John Togo, Allegedly Killed And Buried In The Forest by juliebest(f): 9:56am On May 19, 2011
plenty tins dey happen 4 creek.
Re: Niger Delta Militant, John Togo, Allegedly Killed And Buried In The Forest by badlaw(f): 10:37am On May 19, 2011
who kill who ? remember say those who kill shall be killed,
Re: Niger Delta Militant, John Togo, Allegedly Killed And Buried In The Forest by chines4(m): 11:02am On May 19, 2011
Niger Delta Militants, Mmmmmm only time will tell
Re: Niger Delta Militant, John Togo, Allegedly Killed And Buried In The Forest by Greycells(m): 12:03pm On May 19, 2011
Guyman02:

JTF bombard militant camp inn the Niger Delta from the air, marine and land searching for one militant commander.

Amnesty: 800 killed in the North during post election violence including unarmed NYSC members (No JTF to intervene)
'Unknown' gunmen kill 25 and raze a village in Balewa LGA of Bauchi State (No JTF to capture the assailants)
Several victims killed in Jos crisis (No STF to help rescue them even after a call was made to the commander)

American NAVY donates Vietnam war era warship to Nigeria to patrol the Niger Delta creeks.
John Togo dead/Alive, missing or arrested. Amnesty granted to militants by paying them salaries without doing any work, so that they would allow the expatriates to mine oil and gas without disturbance, no attempt to teach them how the oil is being mined for the past 50 years after independence unlike what Ghadafi did in Libya where Libyans have the ability to mine and refine their oil which has led NATO to bombard Tripoli in the name of 'protecting civilians'. Next the JTF will tell us the bombing is to protect civilians from the militants just like they protected the civilians in Odi and Okerenkoko.

Its all about the oil. Thats why the PIB cannot be passed for the past 8 years now because Shell and Chevron feels its not in their favour. Rather than pass the Petroleum Industry Bill and make the people of the Niger Delta to benefit directly from the natural resources in their land, the Govt will rather bombard whole communities from the air, ground and sea and call press conferences.

BTW, where is GEJ? He is on his way to Ivory Coast to give credence to the inauguration of French puppet Ouattara, he has refused to learn from his stoning in Uganda; perhaps this time they will throw a grenade at him in Cote'divore.

Liking youe analysis.
Re: Niger Delta Militant, John Togo, Allegedly Killed And Buried In The Forest by Dsense(m): 3:04pm On May 19, 2011
OP.

Congrats. grin
Re: Niger Delta Militant, John Togo, Allegedly Killed And Buried In The Forest by Nobody: 3:44pm On May 19, 2011
JUO:

is that a joke?
what do u mean? can she speak better english ni?? common, if she learn 500 hours a month, she go learn now
Re: Niger Delta Militant, John Togo, Allegedly Killed And Buried In The Forest by bandely(m): 4:24pm On May 19, 2011
Osama shot and buried at sea!

Now it is Togo shot and buried in a forest! hehehehehehe!
Wonders shall never dissappear!

Soonest, another person terrorist will be shot and buried in space!
Re: Niger Delta Militant, John Togo, Allegedly Killed And Buried In The Forest by Nobody: 5:16pm On May 19, 2011
Look naija boys and girls, i am a northerner and hausa at that and i think we have to join hands with this our niger/delta brothers and fight the system. I want a breakup but i dont see that happening because of greed so lets join them with a common voice and say enough with the killings. Haba in a just society this people should atleast enjoy the good things in life before any part of this country. Sentiments aside lets all work for the niger/delta as it is clear that this mumu president is like all the rest and will not even help his own people. The revolution should start from there. If we invite international media and stage a protest there will they kill all of us? Time to wake up
Re: Niger Delta Militant, John Togo, Allegedly Killed And Buried In The Forest by kingchild(m): 5:54pm On May 19, 2011
@divideUS,

Do you really mean what you are saying, or trying to deceive the gullibles.

I trust no HAUSA man, He's greedy and self centered and a potential terrorist.
Re: Niger Delta Militant, John Togo, Allegedly Killed And Buried In The Forest by Nobody: 6:16pm On May 19, 2011
king-child:

@divideUS,

Do you really mean what you are saying, or trying to deceive the gullibles.

I trust no HAUSA man, He's greedy and self centered and a potential terrorist.

i studies in malaysia then holland, came back in 2007, never worked for the government nor have I ever done any contract because I believe inflated contracts are a part of our problem. Started my bussiness with 800k and just recently sold one of my houses for 150M. Comments like yours make me want that breakup badly, why would I lie to you, you are not that important to me and I don't owe you anything. Hausas are not now and have never been terrorist we just stand up for what is our right which is more than I can say for you, the prophet says do not opress and do not allow yourselves to be opressed which is why we fight for what we belive in. Like the election crises I challenge any body to come and find out what happened in kaduna! It started with the hausas burning opressors properties and the KD south people thought hausas were killing xtians, come on think about it in a state that muslims out number xtians 3:1 how come over 500Mslm died to the 150 xtians in kaduna.
Now my question is would you know the truth if it swallowed you whole.
Re: Niger Delta Militant, John Togo, Allegedly Killed And Buried In The Forest by orgasm(m): 6:37pm On May 19, 2011
what are we to believe now? DEAD OR ALIVE? where are our intelligence agencies? they should make a statement to put nigerians on whose tax money they are living on,to know the position and truth on a very volatile and sensitive issue of this magnitude.
pls you folks keep tribal bigotry and election violence out of this.
Re: Niger Delta Militant, John Togo, Allegedly Killed And Buried In The Forest by MMM2(m): 7:11pm On May 19, 2011
R
I
P
Re: Niger Delta Militant, John Togo, Allegedly Killed And Buried In The Forest by sley4life(m): 7:48pm On May 19, 2011
rip if the news is true
Re: Niger Delta Militant, John Togo, Allegedly Killed And Buried In The Forest by bestman09(m): 8:33pm On May 19, 2011
DivideUs:

i studies in malaysia then holland, came back in 2007, never worked for the government nor have I ever done any contract because I believe inflated contracts are a part of our problem. [b]Started my bussiness with 800k and just recently sold one of my houses for 150M. [/b]Comments like yours make me want that breakup badly, why would I lie to you, you are not that important to me and I don't owe you anything. Hausas are not now and have never been terrorist we just stand up for what is our right which is more than I can say for you, the prophet says do not opress and do not allow yourselves to be opressed which is why we fight for what we belive in. Like the election crises I challenge any body to come and find out what happened in kaduna! It started with the hausas burning opressors properties and the KD south people thought hausas were killing xtians, come on think about it in a state that muslims out number xtians 3:1 how come over 500Mslm died to the 150 xtians in kaduna.
Now my question is would you know the truth if it swallowed you whole.

@ divideus

You must be part of the system to have turned N800k to over N150m in just 4yeras of doing business? I dey fear oooo
Re: Niger Delta Militant, John Togo, Allegedly Killed And Buried In The Forest by Nobody: 8:51pm On May 19, 2011
Or maybe you can be in the land bussines, outskirts is only outskirts for a couple of years. You should try it, others practically do all the work for you, they build and bring your land into town. And b4 you know it you'll be in the building bussines, because nigeria is a curuption driven economy, outskirs are stealingly cheap and intown, , when you know the rest. Why in the hell am I even, , but hey I can bet my life is clean money by every standard, and no armed robbery, kidnapping, drugs, 419 and looting all a problem for me because I can't even enjoy without worries of the above and people thinking you have to be like everyone else to make big in this country (you know, like you just did). Now do you understand why I need change as should you, I hope
Re: Niger Delta Militant, John Togo, Allegedly Killed And Buried In The Forest by switch47(m): 10:03pm On May 19, 2011
How can he be killed and can they(the boys sustain gun shot injuries) shey they have juju and bullet proof bodies now?? what happened?/

(1) (2) (Reply)

On The Verge Of Collapse, 13 Gencos Drag FG To Court / Ex-Militants Threaten To Return To Creeks, Demand Entitlements / Ex-Speaker, Na’abba, Supporters Dump APC For PDP In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.