Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

Buhari Signing Of PIB: Petrol May Sell For N300, FG To Decide On Subsidy Today - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Signing Of PIB: Petrol May Sell For N300, FG To Decide On Subsidy Today (19830 Views)

Diesel Price Drops As Dangote Sells ₦‎1,225/Litre, Supplies Petrol May / Buhari Signing PIB Shows Disdain For Niger Delta People, Says PDP / President Buhari Signing "Not Too Young To Run" Bill Into Law (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Signing Of PIB: Petrol May Sell For N300, FG To Decide On Subsidy Today by Abiboss: 9:52am On Aug 17, 2021
Okoroawusa:
It's a welcome development. We can't continue to subsidize fuel for big men.

I really love the signing of this bill into law. The only fear I have is that Nigerian policy implementors know how to spoil a good law.

The beginning might be tough but if we want to leave a better Nigeria to our kids then this is the way to go.
You should have said the same thing during Gej tenure hypocrite.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Signing Of PIB: Petrol May Sell For N300, FG To Decide On Subsidy Today by khalleb(m): 9:52am On Aug 17, 2021
Nuelito:

Ok thanks for the heads-up..... na bad leaders dey hold this kontri back.
If most nairalander are like you the forum will be one of the best forum in world. Most nairalander augue blindly and when someone try to shed light on their blindness they will rather abuse the person instead of being appreciative

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Signing Of PIB: Petrol May Sell For N300, FG To Decide On Subsidy Today by amc: 9:52am On Aug 17, 2021
samintegrity:
Pls how true is this?

“It is very unfortunate and very sad that in spite of the outcry and the condemnation that greeted the National Assembly’s approval of the PIB, a paltry three per cent is allocated for the host communities’ development and the outrageous 30 per cent of the NNPC’s profit that is allotted for oil exploration in the frontiers, which we know is basically North-East Nigeria, perhaps North-Central Nigeria.

Oil producing states get 3% while 30% goes to oil exploration??

Exploration where exactly?? The ones being done in the north??

The exploration is for 7 “Frontier Basins”, 3 in the core North, 2 in the Middle belt, 2 in the South.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Signing Of PIB: Petrol May Sell For N300, FG To Decide On Subsidy Today by saintruky(m): 9:53am On Aug 17, 2021
Okoroawusa:

So the standard of living in Niger, Chad, Benin Republic is higher than in Nigeria?

Bros those countries u quote get refineries? Abi dem get oil?
Re: Buhari Signing Of PIB: Petrol May Sell For N300, FG To Decide On Subsidy Today by Nobody: 9:53am On Aug 17, 2021
ogododo:

We dey Lekki and Ikeja and dem shot us.

And it is not a one day affair

It is a continuous affair
Re: Buhari Signing Of PIB: Petrol May Sell For N300, FG To Decide On Subsidy Today by arantess: 9:55am On Aug 17, 2021
Kastonkastroll:
But during their campaign these people promised to reduce the price of PMS. They held different rallies when Gej increased the price of fuel and today they are doing far worse than Gej in handling the economy of the country.

Buhari even had the temerity to tell Gej to resign when insecurity wasn't as bad as it is today. You can't even travel with your mind at peace. Our debts profile hasnt been this high. There is immense poverty in every nook and cranny of the country. Inflation has TKO the naira.

If fuel should be sold at 300naira per litre, how do these charlatans in power expect the average nigerian to survive? Though they say the average nigerian is a survival(but for how long)

God please give us succor, heal our land and provide for us. Amen!
Elastic limit will soon be exceeded
Re: Buhari Signing Of PIB: Petrol May Sell For N300, FG To Decide On Subsidy Today by kevoh(m): 9:55am On Aug 17, 2021
Nuelito:
aaah....no be African country I dey reason oh.

Na western world make sense pass..... Venezuela or Colombia
Kikiki, grin Venezuela? Seriously? Venezuela's current situation is way worse than ours!
Re: Buhari Signing Of PIB: Petrol May Sell For N300, FG To Decide On Subsidy Today by Ray07(m): 9:55am On Aug 17, 2021
Beancounter94:

Lol.

Do you think that Buhari has a magic money tree to continue paying subsidy on fuel forever?

Do you know how much money we have thrown away in the name of subsidy and how much it has contributed to the debt burden?

Do you know that we have always wanted to remove this subsidy since 1993?

Do you know that we don't have working refinery because the money that should have been used to fix them was spent on subsidy.?

Please don't make me angry.
oh!!! now you no money isn't plugged from the tree.
My question is, why did the opposition party and Nigerians at large came out to protest when GEJ wanted to remove subsidy . . .
This would have been history today.

You see una life, everything is just politic to you guys. Am damn tired of this God forsaken country sad

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Signing Of PIB: Petrol May Sell For N300, FG To Decide On Subsidy Today by Nobody: 9:55am On Aug 17, 2021
saintruky:

Bros those countries u quote get refineries? Abi dem get oil?

Niger and Chad have a refinery each

As does Cameroon
Re: Buhari Signing Of PIB: Petrol May Sell For N300, FG To Decide On Subsidy Today by amc: 9:56am On Aug 17, 2021
Joe4real1988:
Bro let me ask you, is it only car that uses fuel? How about Okada(T.F will increase), keke(T.F will increase), Salon(price will increase). Bro the effect is not gonno be only on car owners, but on all of us. Reason am na.

The volume of car users to the other users is like 80% to 20% in favour of cars. We are mostly subsidising car users.

If we were a rich country, we wouldn’t be having this discussion. But Nigeria can’t afford to subsidise petrol anymore until we increase our revenue significantly.

And like I said, the effect would be hard on the populace in the short term but we will reap the benefits in the medium to long term.
Re: Buhari Signing Of PIB: Petrol May Sell For N300, FG To Decide On Subsidy Today by Godszilla: 9:57am On Aug 17, 2021
We are subsidizing for the rich?really?seriously?i mean a Nigeria with half a brain could believe this. The world head-quarter of poverty, what is the number of rich people in ratio with total populace of Nigeria?
real live scenario i use to spend average 2k on my lil corrola per week now i spend 4k, my friend doesnt own a car he use to spend around 5k on his generator at home now he spends about 9k per week. my other friend use to buy 500 fuel in his generator like most nit for his family now he spends 1k per night.
oga hope you are seeing the picture of how they have bin subsidizing the rich abi. now imagine increase to 300, u dont have govt manage transport system, you dont av water, you dont have lit even that is extremely high, you salaries are obviously not increasing, dollar is astronomically sic. and you have a notoriously wicked govt and you believe they have you in mind grin. even the palliative was giving to them free to distribute to the citizens that are hungry what happened to it?
I pity some people sha, i guess we get use to suffering n smiling. still some compare us to chad,somolia,cameroon when we know we are constantly comparing our sef with US its a tragedy. its like riding a bike and u are comparing yoursef to a cripple (no disrespect here).
something is wrong with us Nigeria,something is just not right.
Next level joor
amc:

The average Nigerian doesn’t own a car, so we have been subsidising the rich at the expense of the poor who are denied well needed investment in things like education, healthcare and infrastructure.

It will be hard in the short term but the populace would start to see the many benefits in the medium to long term. We are wasting too much scare resources for on this subsidy and there is too much corruption involved with smuggling of our PMS to neighbouring countries where PMS is sold at higher prices.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Signing Of PIB: Petrol May Sell For N300, FG To Decide On Subsidy Today by Nobody: 9:58am On Aug 17, 2021
Ray07:
oh!!! now you no money isn't plugged from the tree.
My question is, why did the opposition party and Nigerians at large came out to protest when GEJ wanted to remove subsidy . . .
This would have been history today.

You see una life, everything is just politic to you guys. Am damn tired of this God forsaken country sad

I actually supported GEJ effort to remove subsidy. Despite not liking PDP even then as well as APC

It was around that time that I fully understood how damaging a subsidy was to Nigeria.
Re: Buhari Signing Of PIB: Petrol May Sell For N300, FG To Decide On Subsidy Today by saintruky(m): 9:58am On Aug 17, 2021
Beancounter94:

Niger and Chad have a refinery each

As does Cameroon

Okay... Working in full capacity? I know of Cameroon, dunno if Chad or Niger get oil...
Re: Buhari Signing Of PIB: Petrol May Sell For N300, FG To Decide On Subsidy Today by amc: 9:59am On Aug 17, 2021
DukeNija:

Bold of you to assume this irresponsible government will reinject the excess funds into the economy. You’re holding this government to an astronomical standard.

Hopefully the new government would perform better and use the savings wisely. But we really can’t afford subsidies anymore.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Signing Of PIB: Petrol May Sell For N300, FG To Decide On Subsidy Today by Abiboss: 9:59am On Aug 17, 2021
amc:

The average Nigerian doesn’t own a car, so we have been subsidising the rich at the expense of the poor who are denied well needed investment in things like education, healthcare and infrastructure.

It will be hard in the short term but the populace would start to see the many benefits in the medium to long term. We are wasting too much scare resources for on this subsidy and there is too much corruption involved with smuggling of our PMS to neighbouring countries where PMS is sold at higher prices.
Writing this rubbish just to defend your darling daddy, why didn't you say the same thing during Gej's tenure? Where is the 1naira to 1dollar promised by your darling daddy? Where is the #50 fuel pump price Where is the 24/7 power supply? Where is the end to insurgency within 6months in power?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Signing Of PIB: Petrol May Sell For N300, FG To Decide On Subsidy Today by Nobody: 9:59am On Aug 17, 2021
saintruky:

Okay... Working in full capacity? I know of Cameroon, dunno if Chad or Niger get oil...

Chad has had oil since the 1990s. Niger has some oil.

Niger refinery is at full capacity.
Re: Buhari Signing Of PIB: Petrol May Sell For N300, FG To Decide On Subsidy Today by Warriorprince(m): 9:59am On Aug 17, 2021
Okoroawusa:

If you want all those things you mentioned up there then subsidy has to go

As if, snake and monkey no go still swallow the savings......�

1 Like

Re: Buhari Signing Of PIB: Petrol May Sell For N300, FG To Decide On Subsidy Today by Abiboss: 10:00am On Aug 17, 2021
Godszilla:
We are subsidizing for the rich?really?seriously?i mean a Nigeria with half a brain could believe this. The world head-quarter of poverty, what is the number of rich people in ratio with total populace of Nigeria?
real live scenario i use to spend average 2k on my lil corrola per week now i spend 4k, my friend doesnt own a car he use to spend around 5k on his generator at home now he spends about 9k per week. my other friend use to buy 500 fuel in his generator like most nit for his family now he spends 1k per night.
oga hope you are seeing the picture of how they have bin subsidizing the rich abi. now imagine increase to 300, u dont have govt manage transport system, you dont av water, you dont have lit even that is extremely high, you salaries are obviously not increasing, dollar is astronomically sic. and you have a notoriously wicked govt and you believe they have you in mind grin. even the palliative was giving to them free to distribute to the citizens that are hungry what happened to it?
I pity some people sha, i guess we get use to suffering n smiling. still some compare us to chad,somolia,cameroon when we know we are constantly comparing our sef with US its a tragedy. its like riding a bike and u are comparing yoursef to a cripple (no disrespect here).
something is wrong with us Nigeria,something is just not right.
Next level joor
You are minding this BMC
Re: Buhari Signing Of PIB: Petrol May Sell For N300, FG To Decide On Subsidy Today by amc: 10:01am On Aug 17, 2021
saintruky:

https://www.trade.gov/country-commercial-guides/chad-oil-and-gas

Chad ranks as the tenth-largest oil reserve holder among African countries, with 1.5 billion barrels of proven reserves as of 2018 and production of over 140,000 barrels per day in 2020. Petroleum is Chad's primary source of public revenue, and around 90 percent of oil production is exported.
Re: Buhari Signing Of PIB: Petrol May Sell For N300, FG To Decide On Subsidy Today by Abiboss: 10:04am On Aug 17, 2021
amc:

So were you BMC too when you supported Buhari? How much did they pay you?
I wasn't one of you, I voted Buhari because of the promises he made and when he came to power he started doing the complete opposite of what he campaigned about and I stop supporting him. I supported him at first because I want the best for my country not knowing Buhari is just a pathetic liar and power hungry.

NB: I'm an APC or PDP supporter I'm just a Nigerian that want the best for Nigeria.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Signing Of PIB: Petrol May Sell For N300, FG To Decide On Subsidy Today by skywalker240(m): 10:05am On Aug 17, 2021
Don't worry the foolish youths won't give a fvck, BB9JA is not over yet na
Re: Buhari Signing Of PIB: Petrol May Sell For N300, FG To Decide On Subsidy Today by Nuelito: 10:07am On Aug 17, 2021
kevoh:

Kikiki, grin Venezuela? Seriously? Venezuela's current situation is way worse than ours!
okay oooh....no yawa but 9ja get as e be
Re: Buhari Signing Of PIB: Petrol May Sell For N300, FG To Decide On Subsidy Today by Nuelito: 10:08am On Aug 17, 2021
khalleb:

If most nairalander are like you the forum will be one of the best forum in world. Most nairalander augue blindly and when someone try to shed light on their blindness they will rather abuse the person instead of being appreciative
Gracias.

We live and die once...I don't stress myself too much....I only mind the Honey business that I do.

Good morning and have a blessed day ahead
Re: Buhari Signing Of PIB: Petrol May Sell For N300, FG To Decide On Subsidy Today by samintegrity(m): 10:11am On Aug 17, 2021
amc:

The exploration is for 7 “Frontier Basins”, 3 in the core North, 2 in the Middle belt, 2 in the South.

Thanks for the enlightenment
Re: Buhari Signing Of PIB: Petrol May Sell For N300, FG To Decide On Subsidy Today by amc: 10:11am On Aug 17, 2021
Abiboss:

I wasn't one of you, I voted Buhari because of the promises he made and when he came to power he started doing the complete opposite of what he campaigned about and I stop supporting him. I supported him at first because I want the best for my country not knowing Buhari is just a pathetic liar and power hungry.

NB: I'm an APC or PDP supporter I'm just a Nigerian that want the best for Nigeria.

So you are the only supporter of Buhari who is not a BMC? Lol. Can you see how stupid that sounds? You are obviously a very simple-minded person hence why you would accuse anyone who supports Buhari as BMC.
Re: Buhari Signing Of PIB: Petrol May Sell For N300, FG To Decide On Subsidy Today by Holaomoakin(m): 10:13am On Aug 17, 2021
Sowing for other persons to reap.
Re: Buhari Signing Of PIB: Petrol May Sell For N300, FG To Decide On Subsidy Today by Ofunaofu: 10:13am On Aug 17, 2021
Beancounter94:

And do you know why.we don't have a lot of good anemites?
Much of the money that could have been spent on them was spent on subsidy.

Same reason why we dont have working refinery too.

If you want subsidy then taxes would have to go up on everyone including low income earners , farmers , herdsmen and even beggars.

Let the subsidy go. Investment will.come in and eventually prices will fall.

We have a working GSM sector because Obasanjo allowed mtn and econet charge anyhow price. They made profits and used it to build those gsm antenna and network we have.

That it worked in GSM sector, is not a guarantee that it will work in petroleum sector.
Okay, let use the desiel for example, it has been deregulated but the price yet to come down. Nigeria is one country that basic economic principles don't seem to work in.
Hmmmm well I am here to learn

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Signing Of PIB: Petrol May Sell For N300, FG To Decide On Subsidy Today by osarotelcom24(m): 10:14am On Aug 17, 2021
Brace yourself,for the tough time ahead, I have since taken my mind of this government long time ago.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Signing Of PIB: Petrol May Sell For N300, FG To Decide On Subsidy Today by Mandela887(m): 10:14am On Aug 17, 2021
amc:

D subsidy doesn't favour just d rich,it favours everybody,coz as d price of PMS is low,d poor that don't have cars pay less on transportation..now that d subsidy has been removed d price of transportation & virtually everything in d market will increase thereby impoverishing d poor d more....am tired of this country I swear...

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Signing Of PIB: Petrol May Sell For N300, FG To Decide On Subsidy Today by Ofunaofu: 10:19am On Aug 17, 2021
Beancounter94:

And do you know why.we don't have a lot of good anemites?
Much of the money that could have been spent on them was spent on subsidy.

Same reason why we dont have working refinery too.

If you want subsidy then taxes would have to go up on everyone including low income earners , farmers , herdsmen and even beggars.

Let the subsidy go. Investment will.come in and eventually prices will fall.

We have a working GSM sector because Obasanjo allowed mtn and econet charge anyhow price. They made profits and used it to build those gsm antenna and network we have.

That it worked in GSM sector, is not a guarantee that it will work in petroleum sector.
Okay, let use the desiel for example, it has been deregulated but the price yet to come down. Nigeria is one country that basic economic principles don't seem to work in.
Hmmmm well, I am here to learn
Re: Buhari Signing Of PIB: Petrol May Sell For N300, FG To Decide On Subsidy Today by osarotelcom24(m): 10:19am On Aug 17, 2021
God go judge u.
amc:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Signing Of PIB: Petrol May Sell For N300, FG To Decide On Subsidy Today by Alexsmith007(m): 10:21am On Aug 17, 2021
This country u mentioned don't have the oil we have so u should expect price to be very high there
Okoroawusa:

So the standard of living in Niger, Chad, Benin Republic is higher than in Nigeria?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Wike And PDP Members Dispel Protesting APC Members In Rivers State / Gov Bindow, Ribadu Reach Agreement Ahead Of 2019 Election / House Leadership: Northern Reps Make U-turn, Mobilise Against Gbajabiamila

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.