Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,952 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

Buhari Signing Of PIB: Petrol May Sell For N300, FG To Decide On Subsidy Today - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Signing Of PIB: Petrol May Sell For N300, FG To Decide On Subsidy Today (19817 Views)

Diesel Price Drops As Dangote Sells ₦‎1,225/Litre, Supplies Petrol May / Buhari Signing PIB Shows Disdain For Niger Delta People, Says PDP / President Buhari Signing "Not Too Young To Run" Bill Into Law (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Signing Of PIB: Petrol May Sell For N300, FG To Decide On Subsidy Today by UncleJudax(m): 12:51pm On Aug 17, 2021
s4cs:
300 just like that? na to go buy bicycle ooo.. at least someone will look fit
you wont just look fit. you will be fit.
Re: Buhari Signing Of PIB: Petrol May Sell For N300, FG To Decide On Subsidy Today by UncleJudax(m): 12:51pm On Aug 17, 2021
amc:

You prefer countries where petrol is sold for over N400? Nigeria is currently one of the few countries in the world where petrol is sold for under N300.
what is your minimum wage?

Suffer no de tire you?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Signing Of PIB: Petrol May Sell For N300, FG To Decide On Subsidy Today by Nobody: 12:58pm On Aug 17, 2021
Okoroawusa:

But Buhari has now taken the bull by the horn. He needs our support

He hasn't. He is like most Nigerian leaders past and present all about running a Sharing money economy

He is only removing subsidy because the revenue isn't enough to support it.
Re: Buhari Signing Of PIB: Petrol May Sell For N300, FG To Decide On Subsidy Today by Victerica(m): 12:58pm On Aug 17, 2021
richmanrichard:
look at the countries you are mentioning.Mention your fellow oil producing countries like russia, iran , uae n others.You are an idiot but you ve no one to tell you.

I don tell am.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Signing Of PIB: Petrol May Sell For N300, FG To Decide On Subsidy Today by Kraytur: 1:00pm On Aug 17, 2021
Beancounter94:

Nigeria has a bad economy because we sell our resources rather than use them to make industrial products we can export.

Has been that way since independence.

The problem with that is that the price for our resources is always not high enough to earn a revenue that can sustain us, which is why we end up taking loans (and we have been taking loans for decades.)..when the price is too low to sustain us.

Running an economy selling raw materials encourages people to use the revenue to import...meaning not enough industries...meaning job creation is bad, meaning that people compete for the very limited government jobs available (which is why we have so much inordinate focus on which tribe gets which jobs from the lowest to highest...and why we have federal character)

As for corruption, when the money from governance is not coming directly from taxes...but from selling the resources and sharing the money, he who controls the sharing of the money has a lot of power...which explains our civil war , two failed attempts at democracy, the bad religious crisis, the ethnotribal crisis, and even the class war. And a lot of corruption. And a lot of the fighting for president, governor, even local dog catcher. It also explains why hundreds of people died and were displaced in 2011, why we had two pogroms in 1966, and before that why the South west was burning in 1965...because he who controls the sharing controls a lot of things...including who benfits from the crumbs.

That's why someone like me does not like APC, PDP, or any of the parties, or the power brokers in Nigeria. They are not ready to change the current way we do things. Even when it was clear it wasn't working.

So what PDP was performing magic ba

Cos clearly everything collapsed barely 2 years after the dullard came in

The Bible said when the wicked rules the people lament

Have you noticed the similarities btwn the present Taliban Afghanistan government and the present Nigerian government

Both of them are presently releasing terrorists into the society

A sign of nepotism is a sign of weakness not sovereignty

Nigeria’s uncertainty is peaked

People say corruption is affecting us

I say something way way bigger than all of us is coming

And the fulanis are preparing for a full blown take over

All that money that’s been disappearing plus the ones recovered and relooted

Are all going into the fulanis savings account
Aka Niger !!!

Once the dye is cast

They’ll surface and take over like the Afghan taliban

The Fulani are in the military police Air Force and central intelligence unit of Nigeria

Oh snap the fulanis are in power already

I laugh at those thinking there would be another election

Those guys will rather turn Nigeria to Afghanistan rather than cede power

To him who’ve got an ear let him ear

Before we start clinging to departing flights and falling to our deaths

Lord help us angry angry angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Signing Of PIB: Petrol May Sell For N300, FG To Decide On Subsidy Today by Nobody: 1:13pm On Aug 17, 2021
Kraytur:

So what PDP was performing magic ba

Cos clearly everything collapsed barely 2 years after the dullard came in

The Bible said when the wicked rules the people lament

Have you noticed the similarities btwn the present Taliban Afghanistan government and the present Nigerian government

Both of them are presently releasing terrorists into the society

A sign of nepotism is a sign of weakness not sovereignty

Nigeria’s uncertainty is peaked

People say corruption is affecting us

I say something way way bigger than all of us is coming

And the fulanis are preparing for a full blown take over

All that money that’s been disappearing plus the ones recovered and relooted

Are all going into the fulanis savings account
Aka Niger !!!

Once the dye is cast

They’ll surface and take over like the Afghan taliban

The Fulani are in the military police Air Force and central intelligence unit of Nigeria

Oh snap the fulanis are in power already

I laugh at those thinking there would be another election

Those guys will rather turn Nigeria to Afghanistan rather than cede power

To him who’ve got an ear let him ear

Before we start clinging to departing flights and falling to our deaths

Lord help us angry angry angry

PDP was not performing magic.

Between 2006 and 2014 and especially between 2010 to 14 oil prices were at an all time high

This benefited our economy. Even then moat people were still poor and there was still bad security.

Oil prices started crashing from March 2014. By January 2015 Ngozi Okonjo Iweala was warning that whoever won the economy was going to be bad.

By the end of 2015 she was proven right

Consider that for 2013 we were earning $108 per barrel of oil. By 2016 it was down to $40.That's a loss of revenue. Consider also that the price at which we can earn enough revenue from oil rose from $122 per barrel in 2012 to $ 133 now

We were running out of money that GEJ was taking loans to pay salaries. All because of falling oil prices. We were also paying heavily to maintain a subsidy that kept fuel prices low and to keep the naira from falling

We were here before. Between 1973 and 82 oil prices were high. Then came the crash of 1982. By 1983 Shagari was calling for tightening of seatbelts. Nigerians were eating from the dustbin then. Thigs got worse for the rest of the decade and the 1990s.

That's why i don't like APC or pdp. Buhari had tools he could have used to solve the problem. Plus he and gej should have sought advice from Okonjo Iweala on handling the issue.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Signing Of PIB: Petrol May Sell For N300, FG To Decide On Subsidy Today by ityP(m): 1:14pm On Aug 17, 2021
hstar:

He's being paid for what his defending here

No mind am
Re: Buhari Signing Of PIB: Petrol May Sell For N300, FG To Decide On Subsidy Today by ityP(m): 1:22pm On Aug 17, 2021
Abiboss:

God will bless you for this, I supported buhari in 2015 but not anymore after showing his true color but what baffles me now is the people that are still in support of this evil government... I've been noticing one fool on this forum, "Manabbqgrillz" I think is the oga pata pata of them all here, but my prayer for him and his fellow BMC is that may Almighty Allah rule their lives just exactly the way their Darling daddy is ruling Nigeria Amin.

For you to have supported Buhari in 2015 shows you're no different from these idiots you're abusing. So, if Abubakar Shekau contest in 2023, you will vote him and expect things to be better? Haba mana. No one in his or her right sense should have even thought to voting Buhari. We've heard about his antecedents in 1983. What did we expect to change? Chai
Re: Buhari Signing Of PIB: Petrol May Sell For N300, FG To Decide On Subsidy Today by ityP(m): 1:29pm On Aug 17, 2021
UncleJudax:

what is your minimum wage?

Suffer no de tire you?

Na foolish man him be
Re: Buhari Signing Of PIB: Petrol May Sell For N300, FG To Decide On Subsidy Today by UncletC: 1:35pm On Aug 17, 2021
how did we arrive here?
Re: Buhari Signing Of PIB: Petrol May Sell For N300, FG To Decide On Subsidy Today by UncletC: 1:39pm On Aug 17, 2021
Okoroawusa:

So the standard of living in Niger, Chad, Benin Republic is higher than in Nigeria?
Those countries live better brother. They even have constant power supply than us.
Re: Buhari Signing Of PIB: Petrol May Sell For N300, FG To Decide On Subsidy Today by Abiboss: 2:58pm On Aug 17, 2021
ityP:

For you to have supported Buhari in 2015 shows you're no different from these idiots you're abusing. So, if Abubakar Shekau contest in 2023, you will vote him and expect things to be better? Haba mana. No one in his or her right sense should have even thought to voting Buhari. We've heard about his antecedents in 1983. What did we expect to change? Chai
Well lack of history led me to that, I thought Buhari would be the messiah but he turned out to be a devil, and I stopped supporting a devil so stop comparing me with BMC.
Re: Buhari Signing Of PIB: Petrol May Sell For N300, FG To Decide On Subsidy Today by Abiboss: 3:03pm On Aug 17, 2021
amc:

So you are the only supporter of Buhari who is not a BMC? Lol. Can you see how stupid that sounds? You are obviously a very simple-minded person hence why you would accuse anyone who supports Buhari as BMC.
You are the biggest fool I've ever seen on this platform, after I voted someone democratically I have no right to criticize him? And I should support is useless policies? Do you even know what BMC is? Oga I will keep criticizing your evil daddy till he leaves.
Re: Buhari Signing Of PIB: Petrol May Sell For N300, FG To Decide On Subsidy Today by amc: 3:16pm On Aug 17, 2021
Abiboss:

You are the biggest fool I've ever seen on this platform, after I voted someone democratically I have no right to criticize him? And I should support is useless policies? Do you even know what BMC is? Oga I will keep criticizing your evil daddy till he leaves.

Every one of your posts just confirms your simple-mindedness. Where did anyone tell you that you have no right to criticise the President? Feel free to criticise him as often as you wish and I do the same sometimes when I don't agree with his policies or actions. But you don't have the right to accuse those who don't join you in criticising him BMC. Get that into your thick skull. And we all know what you mean by BMC, so no need for the pretence.
Re: Buhari Signing Of PIB: Petrol May Sell For N300, FG To Decide On Subsidy Today by Okoroawusa: 3:28pm On Aug 17, 2021
Beancounter94:

He hasn't. He is like most Nigerian leaders past and present all about running a Sharing money economy

He is only removing subsidy because the revenue isn't enough to support it.
Ok. If you say so
Re: Buhari Signing Of PIB: Petrol May Sell For N300, FG To Decide On Subsidy Today by Gfskw: 3:56pm On Aug 17, 2021
Elshaddai
Re: Buhari Signing Of PIB: Petrol May Sell For N300, FG To Decide On Subsidy Today by COMPAQ(m): 4:54pm On Aug 17, 2021
latiephwald:

So disappointed you could compare Nigeria to those countries.
Imagine a country of over 200m population with massive Natural resources etc
Compare Nigeria with some European and developed American countries

unfortunately those are the type of countries at our level now. In what way will you compare Nigeria with Poland or Greece, not to talk of france, Germany or UK.
Re: Buhari Signing Of PIB: Petrol May Sell For N300, FG To Decide On Subsidy Today by cooooooks(m): 5:02pm On Aug 17, 2021
NOI was in GEJ's cabinet.

Buhari doesn't even listen to his Vice.
Beancounter94:

Between 2006 and 2014 and especially between 2010 to 14 oil prices were at an all time high

This benefited our economy. Even then moat people were still poor and there was still bad security.

Oil prices started crashing from March 2014. By January 2015 Ngozi Okonjo Iweala was warning that whoever won the economy was going to be bad.

Consider that for 2013 we were earning $108 per barrel of oil. By 2016 it was down to $40.That's a loss of revenue. Consider also that the price at which we can earn enough revenue from oil rose from $122 per barrel in 2012 to $ 133 now

We were running out of money that GEJ was taking loans to pay salaries. All because of falling oil prices. We were also paying heavily to maintain a subsidy that kept fuel prices low and to keep the naira from falling

We were here before. Between 1973 and 82 oil prices were high. Then came the crash of 1982. By 1983 Shagari was calling for tightening of seatbelts. Nigerians were eating from the dustbin then. Thigs got worse for the rest of the decade and the 1990s.

That's why i don't like APC or pdp. Buhari had tools he could have used to solve the problem. Plus he and gej should have sought advice from Okonjo Iweala on handling the issue.
Re: Buhari Signing Of PIB: Petrol May Sell For N300, FG To Decide On Subsidy Today by Guardiola84: 5:45pm On Aug 17, 2021
amc:

The average Nigerian doesn’t own a car, so we have been subsidising the rich at the expense of the poor who are denied well needed investment in things like education, healthcare and infrastructure.

It will be hard in the short term but the populace would start to see the many benefits in the medium to long term. We are wasting too much scare resources for on this subsidy and there is too much corruption involved with smuggling of our PMS to neighbouring countries where PMS is sold at higher prices.
See them dem don come ,see how they're justifying removal of subsidy now but when gej in 2014 removed it n fixed price for #140 na this morons protested n occupied naija ,called gej thief n heartless,foolish yorubas!!imagine packaging their weak bubu houseboy osubande for 2023 ,thunder go fire u idiots,una wan sell fuel to poor Nigerians for #300 a litre ,chai!!na now that revolution go start true true!!
Re: Buhari Signing Of PIB: Petrol May Sell For N300, FG To Decide On Subsidy Today by Telegon: 5:52pm On Aug 17, 2021
Beancounter94:

Kudos to all the educative content you shared on this platform and I'm interested in knowing your source of knowledge, did you get it from book? (which I'll like you to recommend here if it is)
Re: Buhari Signing Of PIB: Petrol May Sell For N300, FG To Decide On Subsidy Today by Guardiola84: 6:03pm On Aug 17, 2021
Abiboss:

God will bless you for this, I supported buhari in 2015 but not anymore after showing his true color but what baffles me now is the people that are still in support of this evil government... I've been noticing one fool on this forum, "Manabbqgrillz" I think is the oga pata pata of them all here, but my prayer for him and his fellow BMC is that may Almighty Allah rule their lives just exactly the way their Darling daddy is ruling Nigeria Amin.

Pls those of u that voted for buhari in 2015 wetin una see in this olodo that made u people vote for am huh?d thing tire me oo! I can't even vote for buhari for a class prefect,Godforbid!!
Re: Buhari Signing Of PIB: Petrol May Sell For N300, FG To Decide On Subsidy Today by Yampotatocarrot(m): 6:37pm On Aug 17, 2021
amc:

Unfortunately, subsidy must go. It’s the hard fact. It would be painful in the short term but it is an absolute must for us to have money to invest in infrastructure, education and health. But like most Nigerians, my only fear is the savings from removing subsidy won’t be stolen by NNPC officials and politicians.

Looking at our antecedents, what then happens if there's no reasonable investment in those sectors after removal of the said subsidy? Who do we now hold, since we'll just end up loosing on both ends.

That's my fear as a Nigerian
Re: Buhari Signing Of PIB: Petrol May Sell For N300, FG To Decide On Subsidy Today by Abiboss: 7:33pm On Aug 17, 2021
amc:

Every one of your posts just confirms your simple-mindedness. Where did anyone tell you that you have no right to criticise the President? Feel free to criticise him as often as you wish and I do the same sometimes when I don't agree with his policies or actions. But you don't have the right to accuse those who don't join you in criticising him BMC. Get that into your thick skull. And we all know what you mean by BMC, so no need for the pretence.
Marafucker get a life
Re: Buhari Signing Of PIB: Petrol May Sell For N300, FG To Decide On Subsidy Today by Nobody: 7:55pm On Aug 17, 2021
Telegon:

Kudos to all the educative content you shared on this platform and I'm interested in knowing your source of knowledge, did you get it from book? (which I'll like you to recommend here if it is)

A lot of wide reading. Not just books
Re: Buhari Signing Of PIB: Petrol May Sell For N300, FG To Decide On Subsidy Today by flokii: 8:40pm On Aug 17, 2021
Real hardship is looming in this country.. once they hike price of fuel, the inflation rate too will go up.

Soon garri will become gold that the common man won't be able to afford in Nigeria. Corruption and bad leadership with bad policies have killed the future of this country
Re: Buhari Signing Of PIB: Petrol May Sell For N300, FG To Decide On Subsidy Today by saintruky(m): 10:09pm On Aug 17, 2021
Beancounter94:

Chad has had oil since the 1990s. Niger has some oil.

Niger refinery is at full capacity.

Thanks for this enlightenment
Re: Buhari Signing Of PIB: Petrol May Sell For N300, FG To Decide On Subsidy Today by saintruky(m): 10:10pm On Aug 17, 2021
amc:

https://www.trade.gov/country-commercial-guides/chad-oil-and-gas

Thanks for d enlightenment... But these Niger beggars everywhere in naija nko?
Re: Buhari Signing Of PIB: Petrol May Sell For N300, FG To Decide On Subsidy Today by saintruky(m): 10:11pm On Aug 17, 2021
Okoroawusa:

There are countries with refineries and oil yet they don't subsidize fuel for their citizens

Perhaps dey have no other viable sources of generating revenue
Re: Buhari Signing Of PIB: Petrol May Sell For N300, FG To Decide On Subsidy Today by TheUbermensch: 3:34am On Aug 29, 2021
amc:

The average Nigerian doesn’t own a car, so we have been subsidising the rich at the expense of the poor who are denied well needed investment in things like education, healthcare and infrastructure.

It will be hard in the short term but the populace would start to see the many benefits in the medium to long term. We are wasting too much scare resources for on this subsidy and there is too much corruption involved with smuggling of our PMS to neighbouring countries where PMS is sold at higher prices.

You don’t buy fuel for your gen? The businesses you use don’t buy fuel? The bus you use to commute doesn’t use fuel? What do you think would happen? You don’t think there would be a ripple effect? Imagine your transport fare doubling or tripling without an increase in your salary. Prices of foodstuff would increase as transporters would charge more.
Don’t act like only the rich would suffer subsidy removal. Everybody go feel am, including you.
Re: Buhari Signing Of PIB: Petrol May Sell For N300, FG To Decide On Subsidy Today by 9jatriot(m): 5:12pm On May 30, 2023
For those who do not know where we are coming from.

The PIB bill already caters for many of the interest.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dapchi Girls: Okorocha Reacts To Release Of Schoolgirls By Boko Haram / 18 States Where Atiku May Lose This Presidential Election / 5 Key Transport Sector Policies That Possibly Affected Ambode’s Re-election Bid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.