Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:52 AM

People With Stroke Who Walk 30 Minutes Daily Have 54% Reduced Risk Of Death - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / People With Stroke Who Walk 30 Minutes Daily Have 54% Reduced Risk Of Death (8977 Views)

Coronavirus: Italian Town Buries Patients Every 30 Minutes / 20 Benefits Of Walking 30 Minutes Daily / Lady Celebrates Her Mum Who Has Been Down With Stroke For 10 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: People With Stroke Who Walk 30 Minutes Daily Have 54% Reduced Risk Of Death by sharpwriter(m): 12:39pm On Aug 17, 2021
datola:
Hmm... if they walk and fall. What will happen?

They walk under close monitoring.
Re: People With Stroke Who Walk 30 Minutes Daily Have 54% Reduced Risk Of Death by sharpwriter(m): 12:41pm On Aug 17, 2021
Depot:
Wish my dad can manage your walk like 30mins daily . I always force him to walk by refusing to drive him to short distances . He will walk for 5 to 10 mins and sit on the road side to rest . Old age shaa. When I complain , he will tell me “ikaa nka,ighota ije “ meaning “when you are old , you will understand.He is 75 . My Yoruba neighbor at 75 still keeps girlfriends and goes to hotels .
I walk out 5 times weekly . I think that’s the reason I am not as big as my dad . Exercise regularly during your youthful days , it will
Help you when old.
Just help me tell that Yoruba man to thread softly o..... Cos hard banging at such age fit cause heart attack /stroke o.
Re: People With Stroke Who Walk 30 Minutes Daily Have 54% Reduced Risk Of Death by tidalstorm(m): 12:45pm On Aug 17, 2021
Last last stroke no go kill me while i deh broke.
Na waka, i dey waka go every where. sad
Re: People With Stroke Who Walk 30 Minutes Daily Have 54% Reduced Risk Of Death by MadamExcellency: 12:45pm On Aug 17, 2021
SouthSouth1914:
Walk a minimum of 5k steps a day. You will see the wonders.. Coupled with a healthy meal with 30-35 Grams of Fiber. You will never visit the hospital

You forgot "stay away from mosquitoes"
Re: People With Stroke Who Walk 30 Minutes Daily Have 54% Reduced Risk Of Death by SouthSouth1914: 12:50pm On Aug 17, 2021
MadamExcellency:

You forgot "stay away from mosquitoes"

grin grin
Re: People With Stroke Who Walk 30 Minutes Daily Have 54% Reduced Risk Of Death by nob0dy: 12:52pm On Aug 17, 2021
Depot:
Wish my dad can manage your walk like 30mins daily . I always force him to walk by refusing to drive him to short distances . He will walk for 5 to 10 mins and sit on the road side to rest . Old age shaa. When I complain , he will tell me “ikaa nka,ighota ije “ meaning “when you are old , you will understand.He is 75 . My Yoruba neighbor at 75 still keeps girlfriends and goes to hotels .
I walk out 5 times weekly . I think that’s the reason I am not as big as my dad . Exercise regularly during your youthful days , it will
Help you when old.

My mum is quite the opposite, she doesn't joke with her walk, even when it's raining, once it's her walk time, she goes out for it. We even quarrel her about it
Re: People With Stroke Who Walk 30 Minutes Daily Have 54% Reduced Risk Of Death by ezebunafo(m): 12:55pm On Aug 17, 2021
SouthSouth1914:
Walk a minimum of 5k steps a day. You will see the wonders.. Coupled with a healthy meal with 30-35 Grams of Fiber everyday. You will never visit the hospital
I do 25k sometimes
Re: People With Stroke Who Walk 30 Minutes Daily Have 54% Reduced Risk Of Death by SouthSouth1914: 12:58pm On Aug 17, 2021
ezebunafo:
I do 25k sometimes

Impressive! I do 18k on an average.
Re: People With Stroke Who Walk 30 Minutes Daily Have 54% Reduced Risk Of Death by Cmanforall: 1:00pm On Aug 17, 2021
People should actually embrace walking...
But not under Abuja hot sun grin

1 Like

Re: People With Stroke Who Walk 30 Minutes Daily Have 54% Reduced Risk Of Death by midolian(m): 1:01pm On Aug 17, 2021
SouthSouth1914:
Walk a minimum of 5k steps a day. You will see the wonders.. Coupled with a healthy meal with 30-35 Grams of Fiber everyday. You will never visit the hospital
Hmmm...Are you sure about this, Doc?
Re: People With Stroke Who Walk 30 Minutes Daily Have 54% Reduced Risk Of Death by ezebunafo(m): 1:12pm On Aug 17, 2021
SouthSouth1914:

Impressive! I do 18k on an average.
am thinking it's not healthy, coz my job warrants me monitoring my surbodinates,so am always on motion so by the time I look at my phone it's already 25k
Re: People With Stroke Who Walk 30 Minutes Daily Have 54% Reduced Risk Of Death by Nobody: 1:13pm On Aug 17, 2021
Very spot on.
Exercise is very good. I see so many guys with soft body these days. They feed on junks and can't even weight lift to save their lives. Technology has further compounded issues. It is possible for an individual to stay a whole year without moving a muscle, no thanks to online bullshit. Ordering foods and drinks online angry then get it delivered at your doorstep angry

No Pain
No Gain
Re: People With Stroke Who Walk 30 Minutes Daily Have 54% Reduced Risk Of Death by SouthSouth1914: 1:16pm On Aug 17, 2021
midolian:
Hmmm...Are you sure about this, Doc?

Not a doctor! Just a Health enthusiast!
Re: People With Stroke Who Walk 30 Minutes Daily Have 54% Reduced Risk Of Death by SouthSouth1914: 1:16pm On Aug 17, 2021
ezebunafo:
am thinking it's not healthy, coz my job warrants me monitoring my surbodinates,so am always on motion so by the time I look at my phone it's already 25k

Burns a lot of stuffs the body would have converted to fat.
Re: People With Stroke Who Walk 30 Minutes Daily Have 54% Reduced Risk Of Death by Torylanez(m): 1:36pm On Aug 17, 2021
Let's cure it

Re: People With Stroke Who Walk 30 Minutes Daily Have 54% Reduced Risk Of Death by YourhealthNG2(m): 1:36pm On Aug 17, 2021
Depot:
Help you when old.
You're doing a good job. Keep encouraging your dad. Note that any physical activity is still better than no activity. Consistency is also very important
Re: People With Stroke Who Walk 30 Minutes Daily Have 54% Reduced Risk Of Death by arthurwillia(m): 2:26pm On Aug 17, 2021
For treatment and management of any stroke survivors in Lagos, you can contact na your fav physiotherapist
Thanks
Re: People With Stroke Who Walk 30 Minutes Daily Have 54% Reduced Risk Of Death by Abiboss: 3:23pm On Aug 17, 2021
Op my mom own is a bit complicated we have been managing it for a year and half now yet she still can talk properly she have memory loss, I always make sure she exercises everyday but she sometimes refuses and somethings she also refuse to use her herbal medicines... Now talking about walking I've always told her about it but she wouldn't listen to me. Help what should I do I don't want to lose my mom.

NB: she is 49years old.
Re: People With Stroke Who Walk 30 Minutes Daily Have 54% Reduced Risk Of Death by Gfskw: 3:37pm On Aug 17, 2021
Really
Re: People With Stroke Who Walk 30 Minutes Daily Have 54% Reduced Risk Of Death by meobizy(f): 6:13pm On Aug 17, 2021
Walking for short durations is the cheapest exercise one can do yet lazy people hate the idea. Is it not here that a member once described driving as exercise? Smh at the people I share the country with.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

List Of 5 Drug Rehabilitation Centers In Lagos And Abuja Nigeria. / Albinos In Plateau State Appeals To Govt To Include Them In Decision Making / Does Eating Groundnut Causes Pimples?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.